• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
User Warned: Saying developers deserve to lose their jobs because servers went down
Edit: servers are back up it seems

I felt it was necessary to sensationalise the title just a bit
So as of yesterday, the servers for Gran Turismo Sport encountered an error: NE-2119440. The problem with this is that 1) There's no error database to check for a solution, 2) a quick search shows tons of people effected by it. Some users (on the PlayStation forums did manage to get on, but it seems like a fluke at this point).

There's been no word from the GT team or anyone at Sony (thanks to it being the weekend and the Christmas period), so we might be looking at a few days with the game being unplayable, because you still can't save the game without being online.

Someone at PD or Sony ought to lose their job for this. < Too extreme, I apologise, but god damn, that online system is beyond stupid.

Last edited:

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Recent sale, new campaign mode, online requirements.

This is why online requirements, really, have no place in games unless you're, you know, playing online..

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
There's been no word from the GT team

Regarding Server Connection Issues
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_8879049.html
Currently we are experiencing an unstable connection from the Gran Turismo Sport servers to the PlayStation Network servers.

Because of this, an error message is displayed notifying that the game cannot connect to the network.

For the time being, we have found that in some cases it is still possible to bypass the issue and connect to the server by ignoring the correction error messages and going to the top screen, then trying to manually "Reconnect to the Network" a few times.

Please wait while we investigate the cause of this issue together with the PlayStation Network.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to our users.

Faust

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I bringing this up during the holiday sale even though I was getting a ton of flak because everyone said you can still play the game offline so I was making a mountain out of a molehill.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
What sucks about this is that being offline for extended periods can screw you over. I've had this happen to me in the first weeks of GTS. I lost connection so I couldn't save, but servers always went down daily on the same times so I thought I'd just stop playing for a while. I resumed the game but I couldn't connect at all, even if the PS4 network test says it's fine. I couldn't save my progress, so I cut my losses and just restarted the game which connected fine without any problems.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but it's pretty odd to see a prominent Sony employee going HARD on a Sony product on Twitter. Damn, Kurt.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's bad...im amazed you can't save process offline, Just have it upload data when you get connected again.

Vegeto

Oct 26, 2017
Frankfurt
By the way the christmas menu music is amazing. Woke up this morning and wanted to do some races, so definitely felt very bad to not be able to do that.

MCD250

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. I tried playing earlier but it was offline. Hit the reconnect button a few times but it didn't work. I closed the game and booted another (to make sure it wasn't my internet connection or something), then I closed that one and booted GT again and it connected fine.

I'll check it again.

OP
OP
The Masked Mufti

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
By the way the christmas menu music is amazing. Woke up this morning and wanted to do some races, so definitely felt very bad to not be able to do that.
It's so cheesy
and I love it
Huh. I tried playing earlier but it was offline. Hit the reconnect button a few times but it didn't work. I closed the game and booted another (to make sure it wasn't my internet connection or something), then I closed that one and booted GT again and it connected fine.

I'll check it again.
It seems to be pot luck if you can connect or not. I did the same thing last night but never got in.

xICHIGOx

Oct 27, 2017
The server have too much load, i've managed to connect this morning (Italy) and i've played 3 hour withouth any problem.
They need to increase the server load or with the kids at home from school it'll be a nightmare to play.

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, lets kill off companies anytime some servers go down.

This is incredibly frustrating because I wanted to play a few sport mode races before heading out to do my xmas shopping but let's get some perspective here.
I just want to make some photos, I don't even want to play online... I't sad to see a franchise like GT in such a poor and pathetic state.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They have a product for people who can't get online, it's called Motor Toon Grand Prix.
giphy.gif

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, can we let PD and GT die in peace?
Yeah Sony listen to this guy. Shut down PD before Christmas so you don't have to pay those juicy holiday bonuses.

What is wrong with you people? Severs are offline for a day and we have people in this thread asking for employees to be fired or the studio to be shut down? Grow the fuck up.

I can almost guarantee the ones making these kinds of comments don't even PLAY this game. Sad...

OP
OP
The Masked Mufti

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
What's the reasoning behind not being able to save offline?
Developer Polyphony Digital has always pitched Gran Turismo Sport as an online-focused game because of its integration with the International Automobile Federation (FIA). You can earn an FIA-recognized driving license in the game, which means you can obtain a digital license in Gran Turismo Sport that you can use to drive race cars in real life. In addition, the game offers an online championship endorsed by FIA, so it uses cloud saves to maintain the integrity of the esports competition.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/17/16488922/gran-turismo-sport-offline-functionality-saves
Fuck you, that's why. Also, we constantly need you to be eager to buy microtransactions.
This is just wrong.

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Sony listen to this guy. Shut down PSE before Christmas so you don't have to pay those juicy holiday bonuses.

What is wrong with you people? Severs are offline for a day and we have people in this thread asking for employees to be fired or the studio to be shut down? Grow the fuck up.

I can almost guarantee the ones making these kinds of comments don't even PLAY this game. Sad...
I have the game and I want to play it but guess what... I fucking can't.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
This was my fear, especially at Christmas. There's no point in playing the game as
your progress can't be saved. I need that progress to unlock the cars.

Also imagine doing a endurance race of 30 mins plus only to have it not save. They need to separate offline progress with the FIA Sport mode.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
But but, I live in a place where my internet rarely goes down and my consoles are connected to net practically 24/7. So hows this possible?

Fuck you, that's why. Also, we constantly need you to be eager to buy microtransactions.

Of all the games you could've blamed for MTs, lootboxes, season/VIP pass etc, you chose Gran Turismo.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
ResetEra mentality dying already lol. This place is still full of nasty people, where once inconvenienced, resorts to wishing badness upon others.

Like really, wow...GT devs can be called out without this level of vitriol.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the PSN subscription should be increased in 2018 so Sony has more money to spend on their server maintenances