• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just getting back into GT Sport after not playing the game since launch
I was super impressed with the amount of content that's been added since.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Neat! I was wondeting if we'll get an update this month. The game just keeps on giving. Amazing support.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
These are some really awesome updates, but I cant help to think that this is going to all get lost in the ether being as basic as this game was upon release and has only been added onto digitally. Like the game is so much different from the original release, it is crazy to think back to the original version.

Really appreciate all of the support from PD and the Sony team!

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I've been enjoying this game lately. I love this and forza horizon as my racers.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I thought they said they were done with free updates? I guess i heard wrong.

When this game came out, i felt it was a real problem to have no roadmap for updates. Now i dont know lol. They've made good with the updates and are even timely and consistent for a long time now.

Would a road map have helped? Maybe a little? Idk.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017

1. The historic Goodwood Motor Circuit makes its debut.
・Goodwood Motor Circuit
Total Length, 3,809m. Elevation Change, 10m. Number of corners, 7. Longest Straight, 514m.

Located in the suburbs of Chichester in Southern England, the Goodwood Motor Circuit is a historic racing course that has hosted many illustrious race drivers and legendary vehicles. It encircles Chichester/Goodwood Airport, and unlike many modern circuits, is surrounded by idyllic scenery. Goodwood is considered a high-speed course, featuring a number of fast corners. With plenty of flat-out sections and a good mix of elevation changes, there will no doubt be plenty of dramatic racing moments at Goodwood Motor Circuit.

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
These are some really awesome updates, but I cant help to think that this is going to all get lost in the ether being as basic as this game was upon release and has only been added onto digitally. Like the game is so much different from the original release, it is crazy to think back to the original version.

Really appreciate all of the support from PD and the Sony team!

It's the ultimate conclusion of a mostly-digital, GaaS-centric nature of gaming. Unlike Gran Turismo 1-6, if you were to come back and buy a GT Sport disc in say, 2025 (or just at some point after licencing agreements inevitably expire), you'll likely be left with a bare bones game of little value.

The only hope is them roping the content made here into an eventual GT7, or a kind of GT Sport Final Edition that allows for offline saving and has all or most of the updates on a disc.

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
The only hope is them roping the content made here into an eventual GT7, or a kind of GT Sport Final Edition that allows for offline saving and has all or most of the updates on a disc.
Honestly, not re-releasing this as an XL Edition would be criminal. The base game sucks.

Last edited:

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
This track looks so good.

i1FSdmju96xOMz.jpg

i17i5mCtpYj9KSB.jpg

i1iFGICLCqv52cE.jpg

Namikaze

Oct 27, 2017
Supra is back and it's totally lit.

I think this track was the first place Tada got to show off the new BMW Supra. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
GT Sport is really one of the best exemple of GaaS.

I mean... GaaS usually requires some type of ongoing payment. PD has just been giving away content for almost 2 years now. It's great.

I still fault them for launching the way they did, and there's still not enough SP content to engage me as a GT fan personally... but PD has absolutely gone above and beyond with making up for those deficiencies with content updates.

I would be absolutely thrilled to see this all end in a cross-gen GT7 using all the car models they've built over this generation and a slew of new tracks.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I thought they said they were done with free updates? I guess i heard wrong.

When this game came out, i felt it was a real problem to have no roadmap for updates. Now i dont know lol. They've made good with the updates and are even timely and consistent for a long time now.

Would a road map have helped? Maybe a little? Idk.

They never said anything official outside interviews and/or tweets from Kaz about having updates to the game or not, since day one lol

I mean, i appreciate all the extra content since the game launched but their communication with the community is almost non-existent, it's one of the things i wished PD improved. On the other hand it's a wild ride each month to check if Kaz is going to tweet something or not.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Content updates have been getting more lighter lately, but they've earned their break and then some for how long they've been adding to this game, a full year and a hlaf.

The game's actually pretty chock full of content now. And as I said in an LTTP I made a few months earlier, GT Sport is the best GT game since all the way to the PS2 games.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
They never said anything official outside interviews and/or tweets from Kaz about having updates to the game or not, since day one lol

I mean, i appreciate all the extra content since the game launched but their communication with the community is almost non-existent, it's one of the things i wished PD improved. On the other hand it's a wild ride each month to check if Kaz is going to tweet something or not.

Funny enough, I think I actually prefer this surprised method if only because it's unusual and I'm not hanging off of every update, myself.

flook

Oct 28, 2017
How is the VR in GT Sport - last I tried it it was incredibly barebones. Have they added to that aspect of the game too?

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Nice addition. Apt we have a tighter circuit for lower-powered cars that are still fun to use.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
The physics have been updated? Did 3 laps around Woodwork and couldn't tell. Then again the last time I played was a month ago 😓

Revan Ren

Jan 11, 2018
I appreciate PD updating the game, it really does need more cars and tracks. Goodwood however is underwhelming. I'm starting to think we'll never get Laguna Seca and that's really unfortunate.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
As someone who has just gotten into cars over the past six months, and just picked up a new 4k TV for the gaming setup. It seems like this would be the perfect game for me to get into, but it's been awhile since I've played a proper racing sim. Any tips for someone who hasn't played a GT game since the PS2 days?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate PD updating the game, it really does need more cars and tracks. Goodwood however is underwhelming. I'm starting to think we'll never get Laguna Seca and that's really unfortunate.
I didn't realize Laguna Seca wasn't in this. It's so iconic, especially for GT. It's been in every single mainline release since 2, I think? :(

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Some undocumented changes (thanks to GT Planet)

- They have changed how shifting with a clutch works. (You can now power shift (Full throttle) and the gear indicator will show "#" until it changes to the selected gear, you can then release the clutch, and it doesn't miss the gear.)
- Improved AI at newer tracks.
- Some Physics changes.
- Updated Dallara SF19 model.
- Now you can see the backfires from all the opponent cars also from the cockpit view (before the backfires bug was still present using the cockpit view).
- Fixed an bug which made the game crash, when fast forwarding on replays on certain tracks.
- When watching a lobby race, it now shows what lap they're on.
- Saved replays now show driver's penalties.