• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tsukuba will be added to the season 2 schedule - which track should make way?

• Willow springs

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Monza

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Neither - keep the original schedule

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Do all of them - Adds additional week, finale on the 13th May

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
So thoughts from last night...

As I said in the PSN messages after, we need a cut off time to say that after this point the race is just going to need to proceed even if people get disconnected or have issues. We just had so many problems last night, I couldn't see Oghuz in the race, and both he and kdot disappeared during qualifying. I then got stuck in auto drive at the start, then JVodka missed the restart and left and didn't come back after we stopped the race again. Then after all that when we did get going it was too late so Fifanutz had to leave before the end!

At least the racing itself seemed to go down pretty well, the rolling start reduced the first corner carnage (it happened at the start of lap 2 instead!) and I don't think anyone had any issues with the TC ban.

I ended up starting back in 7th place on the random grid but the Alpine I was driving had great pace so managed to get up to 2nd behind Chewy by the middle of lap 2 by which time he had a 5 second lead - I caught and pass him by the end of lap 5 and we both pitted after lap 6. He came back out again in front of me as he'd only fuelled for 6 laps where I'd gone for 9 - I tracked him down again and we battled for position over laps 9 & 10 until I finally got past around the outside of the hairpin meaning I was on the inside for the next left hander. After that It was all quiet for me and I managed to gradually increase my lead until the end.

No live footage this time as my original PS4 was only set to record 15mins so here's the replay footage in glorious 720p

I'll post the scores up shortly, and I'll let you know the track for this sunday later tonight.

Anyone got any suggestions or changes they'd like to see?

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
The bugged lobbies are beyond tedious now.

I quali'd 5th of 9 but the reverse grid had me start 2nd. So given this I'd maybe suggest we don't award points for quali?

Other than that, really enjoyed the race despite my strategic error with tyre choice.

One thing I do want to call out, however, is Vix79's flashing of headlights. If we're racing for position and I'm ahead on the racing line, it's not my responsibility to slow down and move over. The needless flashing comes across as aggressive and not very gentlemanly.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
Aren't the headlights set on L3 originally? I changed my controller settings because I was accidentally flashing people just using the analog stick and thought it would be annoying.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't even consider that as I use a wheel. If that's the case then fair enough, but it did seem excessive rather than accidental. I'd much prefer to be wrong about this.

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they're set to L3 by default and I can understand (as this sometimes happens to me) that the user will accidentally flash their headlights at another player when racing hard or trying desperately make a corner stick.

I noticed Vix flashing me twice coming out of a corner. One time I yielded as I did tap him going in, so I thought it was only fair that I slowed down. The second time I didn't know why he flashed but can only imagine that it was a mistake.

That being said, was a good race last night and a brilliant 3-way battle between Bradley, Vix and myself for the first 6 laps. Constant swapping of positions between us. I was quite a bit faster than both of them in the corners as my car was just so planted, particularly the last sector, but they would always claw back on the straights.

Once I cleared Vix via pit strategy on my second stop by about 5 seconds I was quickly gaining on Chewy. Another 2-3 laps I probably could have taken 2nd.

Looking forward to the next one.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Yeah watching the replay he's flashing lights all the time, I'm sure it's unintentional.

Here's the (unsorted) scores - I'm using GHG's scoring from last season for it.

N-League-Wk-1.png

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
What's the next track?
Sorry I should've put it on here as well as putting it on PSN - it's Blue Moon Bay Infield A.

I've tried most cars around there (N300 this week remember) and the best I've found are the X-Bow, Vantage, M4, S-FR Racing Concept and the GT40. I like the GT40 best but as it's only got 4 gears you need to be very aware of cornering speed rather than just learning the gear to be in for each bend.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Sorry it's a bit slow appearing, mad busy at the moment but here's the updated scoreboard after weeks 2's race.

N-League-Wk-2.png

It's a shame we didn't get more people on last week as the racing was close, and the car differences made things interesting (GT40 quick on the straights but a handful in the corners whilst the S-FR that most people used was the opposite). Oghuz had a great qualifying putting his car in 2nd but a spin early in the race dropped him to 5th and a disconnection with 4 laps to go relegated him to last. Chewy got confused about track so hadn't practiced but still managed to finish 2nd with fastest lap too - we had a real battle in the middle but a change to medium tyres and a couple of off's dropped him out of contention for the win. Kdot and Bradley had a good scrap for 3rd place with Kdot eventually prevailing.

Here's my live recording but the quality & colours seem really screwed up by the HDR (treated myself to a new TV on black friday :-)

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
This race was my chance to score some points but I blew it :/ And on top of that I got disconnected.

So, the next race is only N400 cars right? No down tuned cars?

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Had some fun races, race 2 was definitely the best despite me losing it to CLR_CMOS right at the final corner!

So options for the next one...

1. Same thing, just pick another manufacturer
2. Similar but instead of being a free choice we specify the car to be used for each race - will be an issue on a public server.
3. BradleyLove idea - Pick a car and do several different circuits with it. Again could be an issue on a public but we can nail down the BHP & Weight to reduce the issue of randoms selecting different cars.
4. KdotIX idea - GR2 or GR1 races on Oval tracks

Let me know what you guys think you'd like to do

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
This thread has been dormant for a while but hopefully it's still on some peoples watch lists and they see what we're hoping to do over the next month or so.

And that is to run another endurance league and this time using the golden age of sportscars, the mighty group C cars from the late 80's & early 90's.

Jaguar XJR-9, Sauber Mercedes C9, Mazda 787B, Nissan R92 and Porsche 962

We have a test event this Sunday on Sarthe @ 8pm BST and it'd be great if some of the guys from our early events show up and take part. At the moment the tyre wear is 8 x and the fuel consumption is 3 x but we'll confirm this nearer the time.

So if anyone fancies taking part either reply to this post or message me on PSN :-)

Last edited:

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
This thread has been dormant for a while but hopefully it's still on some peoples watch lists and they see what we're hoping to do over the next month or so.

And that is to run another endurance league and this time using the golden age of sportscars, the mighty group C cars from the late 80's & early 90's.

Jaguar XJR-9, Sauber Mercedes C9, Mazda 787B, Nissan R92 and Porsche 962

We have a test event this Sunday on Sarthe @ 8pm GMT and it'd be great if some of the guys from our early events show up and take part. At the moment the tyre wear is 8 x and the fuel consumption is 3 x but we'll confirm this nearer the time.

So if anyone fancies taking part either reply to this post or message me on PSN :-)
You know I'm well up for this. Maybe it's worth posting in the GT thread and the most recent GT update thread?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I've been pretty busy for the past while, but I think I can make time for this. Was just thinking about how I missed our races.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Finally got the league underway last night. In qualifying CLR was quickest in the Sauber by 2.6 seconds, followed by myself then Kdot in the Porsche, Bradley in the Sauber then Vonhammer & Fifanutz in the Nissan.

A collision on the first corner sent Fifa to the back with a lot of work to do to catch up, CLR got squeezed onto the sand around the outside of one of the infield corners and Kdot managed to break away in the lead. CLR then came back through the pack with pace and disappeared over the horizon never to be seen again. Kdot and I were involved in a Tortoise & Hare tussle where I was 1 stopping on hards whilst he went for 3 stops / 4 sprints(?) on softs. I had 2nd place and a 6 second lead with 2 laps to go but the pace difference was too great and Kdot flew past me on the last lap. Fifa caught and passed Von & Bradley then had a quiet run to the line in 4th.

Group-C-Week-1.png

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I really lucked out on my strategy. I knew the pit lane at St Croix was short so I chanced it on Softs all the way. I ended up stopping about 4 times! It was a great race though. I thought I threw it away when I binned it into the gravel on the right kink on the back straight but afterwards I settled into the race and just pounded away, before I knew it I was catching up DHC. The end was tight but I had to pit one last time because I had no fuel left, coming out of the pits 7s behind I knew I had the pace to get 2nd.

Really looking forward to this week's race!

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Group-C-Week-2.png

Week 2 saw us visit La Sarthe in the Mazda 787B. CLR qualified miles ahead again, KDot put in a great lap to claim 2nd right at the end, FIFA had a strong qualifying in 3rd, I managed to crash and pick up penalities to scrape 4th ahead of Bradley and Von.

The race saw and interesting mix of strategies with Von going 1 stop, CLR and Bradley going 2 stop and KDot, Fifa and myself 3 stopping. The strategy mix as well as a variety of tyre choices meant there was lots of overlap and the 2nd-5th places were changing all the time as people pitted or went long. After the final round of stops CLR was a minute ahead of me in 2nd, with a 3 way battle between Bradley, Kdot and Fifa about 40 seconds behind me to see who would claim 3rd. Bradley prevailed in the end and a late penalty relegated Kdot to 5th with Von coming home 6th with the hard single stop really not working out. This race was a lot of fun, I had individual battles throughout the race and I think this was the case for many of us, looking forward to the next one!

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
The opening lap & a half of the last race- I was going to do some edited highlights but for some reason the replay in GT kept crashing so this is as much as I got. I love the replay mode on this track with these cars :-)

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
I was thinking about how we could implement mandatory tyre compounds in a future series.

Firstly we'd have to run laps rather than time, so for example, 17 laps round La Sarthe. Each driver must change tyre compound at least once, otherwise there's a 5 second penalty for every lap after your final pit-stop, applied post-race.

This would force folks to change tyre, and give folks an option to take a late pit-stop to lose the penalty by switching to the correct tyre.

As an example, I run RM until lap 10 and forget to switch compound, so for every lap after this I'm losing 5 seconds so it's in my interest to pit and switch to RS rather than take the 35 second post-race penalty.

Any thoughts or comments?

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Is it just me or is Gr.B racing more like racing on ice than dirt?

Astounds me that they messed up the physics there that much when the rest of the game is so enjoyable.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
With pole position and fastest lap too, well done :-)
Thanks! It felt so good to finally race against other players and secure a win. I've got around 30 hours into this game so far, but have been exclusively doing the single player races. Last week I dipped my toes into the daily race on Maggiore and wasn't able to secure anything higher than 9th. This time I put a lot of practice in on Sardenga to see which of my Gr.3 cars (911, Supra, or Vette) I'd be fastest in. Turned out the 911 was my ticket and I ended up qualifying well ahead of the pack, which definitely didn't hurt my chances!