• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Weather effects should arrive in the next update (TBA). We may get direct-feed footage from the FIA championship world-tour livestream happening tomorrow and Saturday.

EYCz2UA.gif

Live-stream link for tomorrow's broadcast races.

Manufacturer cup [completed] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JFJz22IReY&t=305s

Nations cup

Last edited:

dotyoureyes

Alt Account
Jun 11, 2019
Game is so good, best GT game imo, easily the most polished. too bad some write it off based off mis-information from launch.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
In before people complaining this should have been in the day game one.

Happy with the supoort the game is getting. Best driving game this generation. I can't even keep up with how much there is in the game now.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Just looking at it on this forum, in a smallish window, the GT Planet clip looks like a real life race feed lol. Nice! I might finally cave on this and get it.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
That looks great.

While Sport didn't launch with a ton of content, the amount of updates we've gotten has really fleshed out the game and makes me optimistic that PD has finally gotten their process worked out. The next GT should hopefully be chock full of content from the get-go and it won't take too long.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Just bought this game at a sale price. Steal! Feels good to play gt again

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit I don't know if I saw that right. I have to look at that on a bigger screen or something. I'm on my phone and in a car but that looked real real good.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game is so good, best GT game imo, easily the most polished. too bad some write it off based off mis-information from launch.

It's funny, we got two of the best simcade racers ever made in a short timeframe (GT Sport and Forza Motorsport 7), both boasting tons of content, massive innovations for the series and incredible depth. This got shat on for the mass hysteria around the always online stuff and how the single player was (initially) appearing weak, whereas Forza 7 got written off thanks to clickbait articles and such about how lootboxes are destroying the game, when at no point they featured anything substantial you couldn't get any other way nor it involved real money. Both games are getting fantastic support since then, and this weather update looks really gorgeous.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Looks really good so far! I love rain and weather in video games lol.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Looks nice.

F1 2019 giving it a run for it's money though rain wise....

Both look fantastic though.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It might be blurry footage, but I can already tell that the water vapour mist coming up from the road looks phenomenal. Can't wait to witness this on my OLED :0
What mis-information at launch? The game was ridiculously bare-bones at launch compared to previous instalments and the competition. And as such deserved the flack it got at that time.

But clearly the game has had a ton of free updates and support since then and it is therefore barely recognisable from its launch state. The same could be said of something like Sea of Thieves which has gone through the exact same process.

The reality is, if you release a half finished game and expect people to pay full price, even with the intention of adding the content for free at a later date, expect some poor reviews and a backlash at launch. Equally, if you look at reviews of a service game for a purchasing decision, take in to consideration that it was reviewed in its launch state and doesn't necessarily reflect the game as it is today.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
This game keeps on giving! Nice! Hopefully all tracks will receive the wet weather update (well, except for the ovals I guess).

Juj

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looks like I'm diving back in. Love this game. The racing is just satisfying and good - the bad side of me want's more rewards for doing stuff though - isn't it quite hard to grind for the more expensive cars?

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
What's the cheapest I can get this for and will I get at least a dozen hours if I just want to play it "offline"?

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
My question is, does it really matter at this point? It's great they are able to implement it and the current player base will be able to enjoy it.

Jan 10, 2018
That looks... shockingly good. My eyes were really decieving me because I thought it was real life for a second.

I need to buy a GT wheel mod...

Oct 27, 2017
While Sport didn't launch with a ton of content, the amount of updates we've gotten has really fleshed out the game and makes me optimistic that PD has finally gotten their process worked out. The next GT should hopefully be chock full of content from the get-go and it won't take too long.

I think this is an important point.

The two criticisms levelled at PD are that they're too slow at producing anything and that GT Sport was shit at launch. I believe both of these points have been comprehensively addressed by PD since. I'd wager we see a fully fledged Gran Turismo 7 within the first year of PS5, if not at launch.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
misinformation? The only racer that got written off due to that Forza 7 and its non existant p2w mechanics.
GT:S was lacking at launch in terms of content, this is simply a fact. It didn't have nearly enough circuits, the single player was close to non existant, and it didn't even have that many cars.

Today, it's a different matter entirely. The single player is still pretty barebones progression wise but there's tons of dedicated events that aren't glorified tutorials, there's a decent amount of circuits and lots of cars.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I forgot to fire up GT Sport on the new setup. I'm sure it's going to look and sound ridiculous on a big screen with surround sound.

dotyoureyes

Alt Account
Jun 11, 2019
It might be blurry footage, but I can already tell that the water vapour mist coming up from the road looks phenomenal. Can't wait to witness this on my OLED :0

What mis-information at launch? The game was ridiculously bare-bones at launch compared to previous instalments and the competition. And as such deserved the flack it got at that time.

But clearly the game has had a ton of free updates and support since then and it is therefore barely recognisable from its launch state. The same could be said of something like Sea of Thieves which has gone through the exact same process.

The reality is, if you release a half finished game and expect people to pay full price, even with the intention of adding the content for free at a later date, expect some poor reviews and a backlash at launch. Equally, if you look at reviews of a service game for a purchasing decision, take in to consideration that it was reviewed in its launch state and doesn't necessarily reflect the game as it is today.
Half-Finished? You realise is had a 20 + hour Sp campaign at launch right? It was never HALF baked. It had lots of content at launch, was easily the most polished GT game to date, and easily the best Online on console. Your post is exactly what I am alluding too. Quality > Quantity. More to games then car count.

This is whats wrong with gaming, GT6 had what 1600 cars? Cannot keep going that route at some point you need to start over and do something different. Sport was great at launch, even better now.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
It had SP at launch, just different then the old GT s which was just race, buy car, race again win easy. They have added traditional GT races, there is a lot there now. The Sp at launch was already good.

That's the only thing that's been stopping me from buying it, but I really want to. How long before I've kinda done everything? Not necessarily meaning getting all the cars mind.

I forgot to fire up GT Sport on the new setup. I'm sure it's going to look and sound ridiculous on a big screen with surround sound.

This is mainly why I want to buy it lol

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

As someone who bought it at launch but never played much do you have a link to how much and what they've added in over time.

I need to get back to it.

There's a VR mode now right? Thanks a lot.

Oct 27, 2017
That's the only thing that's been stopping me from buying it, but I really want to. How long before I've kinda done everything? Not necessarily meaning getting all the cars mind.

I have Gold across all of the Driving School, Track Experiences and Mission Challenges, and have only briefly touched the offline race events (think I have 14 gold medals). To do that took me around 20 hours. Without counting I'd say there's well over a hundred offline events I've yet to do.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
What's the cheapest I can get this for and will I get at least a dozen hours if I just want to play it "offline"?

Probably pretty cheap. Not sure exactly. I think you could definitely mess around for 12 hours without getting into the sport mode. They have one side of it that mimics the old games oh, but not exactly. It's missing this little bit of roleplay aspect that ends up making a big difference. And then there's the other side which is more like tourist trophy like linear challenges. And if you're into car stuff in general, there's a lot to look around at.

If you're just curious it's worth it at a cheap price.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Gimmie that sweet, sweet mild driving inconvenience. I'm happy this is getting implemented, and there couldn't be a better track for it.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely never played GT, only thing i know is that support for this game seems super solid, hopes Poliphony makes the jump to PS5 asap, possibly during the first year, with GT7 and takes the same "service" approach through the entire gen.

Feb 8, 2018
I think I'll wait for GT7 (which will most likely end up as next-gen only title) where everything they learned from this gen will be carefully implemented + ray tracing and it'll look fantastic.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I don't think i even want gt7 just for them to keep updating Sport and do the eventual ps5 patch and make it native 4k or something. wew

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I have Gold across all of the Driving School, Track Experiences and Mission Challenges, and have only briefly touched the offline race events (think I have 14 gold medals). To do that took me around 20 hours. Without counting I'd say there's well over a hundred offline events I've yet to do.

Sounds like plenty. Think I'll grab it on the next sale.

OP
OP
benzy

benzy

Oct 25, 2017

$18 on amazon

There's a good 40+ hours trying to finish the Driving School, Circuit Experience, and GT League championship events (which they keep adding on to each update with new cars and tracks). There's also custom race mode for offline which I mostly do. I haven't even gone online and I've been playing single player since launch.