• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
With 8 new cars:

Some especulations: Mustang Shelby GT350, Porsche 356 Spider, Nissan 350Z or 370Z , Honda DC2 Integra, Ferrari Dino 246 GT, BMW Z4 and Aston Martin DBR1.

Last edited:

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I love seeing games get supported and reward their fans like this. Nice job, Sony!

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Finally getting a DC2 Integra. Top left looks more like a BMW Z8 than a Z4. And that's definitely a 350Z.

Last edited:

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Top left is some TVR.
Second row left is Aston Martin DB3S

DwIQtTLVYAAE69Y.jpg:orig

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Any new track rumours?

There usually aren't rumors for cars or tracks. We don't know about either until PD teases them like this or like they did with Sainte-Croix. With that said, we do know that they've been working on Deep Forest. We just don't know when it's going to be added. Kaz mentioned that the scale of certain aspects of the track were off in the old games and they're have to fix it for GTS.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There usually aren't rumors for cars or tracks. We don't know about either until PD teases them like this or like they did with Sainte-Croix. With that said, we do know that they've been working on Deep Forest. We just don't know when it's going to be added. Kaz mentioned that the scale of certain aspects of the track were off in the old games and they're have to fix it for GTS.

Really? Did not know! Fingers crossed for deep forest.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
TheKie25 mentioned that he heard from someone in the know that Spa is scheduled for early this year.

I actually thought PD would skip January and do an update in February, but here we are anyway.

Oct 28, 2017
Hell yes!!!!! Was just wondering when the new update will happen! Playing it as I type this.

This game is well and truly amazing now. Buy it!!!!!

Edit: No new tracks I'm guessing with this update?

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds nice. Would love to see trial mountain, Swiss alps and Tahiti maze added. Or Grand Canyon and New York from GT4.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Considering that we're getting a 356 Speedster, I wouldn't mind if we got Indianapolis or another US track.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
the fact they are still updating the game so far away from release makes me hopeful they will actaully reuse the cars for the next game instead of remodelling every thing again.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
While I wished that it launched with more content, I do have to admit that this game has been well supported in a timely fashion, which is kinda surprising given nobody has described Polyphony as "Timely" before

Also every time one of these threads come up I'm gonna yell about them adding offline saving. I mean, come on, game saves offline and doesn't even store the save online (as I found out the hard way) so why the hell does it not just let you save offline?

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
While I wished that it launched with more content, I do have to admit that this game has been well supported in a timely fashion, which is kinda surprising given nobody has described Polyphony as "Timely" before

Also every time one of these threads come up I'm gonna yell about them adding offline saving. I mean, come on, game saves offline and doesn't even store the save online (as I found out the hard way) so why the hell does it not just let you save offline?
The worst thing is that you have to update the game to the latest version, too, so that you are allowed to save which adds another obstacle.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Instead of new cars, I'd like to see other weather conditions or dynamic tod added to the game, to be honest.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Ahh ok. I'm honestly kind of surprised Laguna seca isn't in it. It's a pretty famous track and is in many racing games, including prior GT games.

Hoping it gets added at some point.
Laguna Seca was my most hated track, arter hours and hours trying to gold it on prior GT games it is now the one Im more familiar with and probably the one I most enjoy racing on. I also hope it comes. šŸ¤ž

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
At this point all PD need to do for GT7 is keep Sports as a mode - like "B Spec Mode" in previous entries - and bring back the pokecar mode and we'll probably get the best GT ever!
The amount of content the game got since it's release is insane!

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SPA would be a first for GT, right?

To me it's probably New Originals > Returning Originals > Real World Tracks, but I'll be happy with either.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Been curious about this game lately. Seems to have gotten a lot of support. Don't know if I find Sim racers fun anymore though sadly.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Been curious about this game lately. Seems to have gotten a lot of support. Don't know if I find Sim racers fun anymore though sadly.

What sim racers have you played recently/before? GTS is in a much better state now than at launch. It's a very... serious game, so if you're questioning finding 'the fun' I might try to borrow it or something to try. The online is still the meat of the game and it's a very honour based, serious affair. You need to wait for time slots for the races (meaning you can't always just jump into a race - you often need to wait 10/15 minutes for your time slot to arrive) and the races are very much about driving 'properly' and maybe moving from 10th to 8th or something, not necessarily all about winning.

I think the online is great for what it's worth. The racing is very clean. I do think that, despite recieving a bunch of updates since launch, it's still quite light on content. It's got loads better but it still has less tracks than some of its conpetitors and the cars still lean heavily towards racing cars (you can tell I'm not a car man) rather than everyday cars. To be fairly brutal, it still (to me) feels like they're adding stuff that it should've really launched with. Kudos to them for keeping supporting it though.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
This game just keep getting updated with so much free content

Wow, these are free?! Bad business decision. They ought to learn how to business from Ubisoft, 2K, Activision, EA et al.

I think it's the Shelby GT350 from GT6.

I think that's 1967 Shelby gt500. Was hoping it to be Jensen Interceptor tbh.

I think that jp coupe might be one of the 1990s versions of Honda Integra Type R

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another month with another update to GT Sport. Some of the best post launch support I've ever seen, and from Polyphony no less! Gotta start saving up some money as I still haven't even purchased all the cars from the last update.

ajcacio

Mar 6, 2018
Glad the game keeps getting updated but it needs more GR2/3/4 cars and real tracks. Time has long passed for Laguna Seca, Spa, and weather effects

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
Another month with another update to GT Sport. Some of the best post launch support I've ever seen, and from Polyphony no less! Gotta start saving up some money as I still haven't even purchased all the cars from the last update.

It is great support, but it was also pretty pared down at launch. MS gave a couple free tracks with Forza 5 when it had the similar issue with content while still charging for car packs.

I just hope that PS5 GT won't take like 4 years to come out.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
PS4's best racer keeps getting better.

Much higher hopes for GT7 being a critical darling again.