• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

The free update is out now.

Sources:
Introducing the 'Gran Turismo Sport' July Update: Adding the Mercedes F1 and a New Track
Update Details (1.23)

- 7 new cars including the Mercedes F1:
Mercedes AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ 2017 (Gr.X)
Mazda 787B '91 (Gr.1)
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car (Gr.3)
Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT '62 (Gr.X)
HONDA S660 '15 (N100)
Honda Beat '91 (N100)
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 (N100)
i1KAxdKWQPetvG.jpg

i1jIvFJ3rJy1I.jpg

- The new 'Circuit de Sainte-Croix', with 6 geometric layouts

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A: Total Length: 9,477m, Elevation Change: 44m, Number of corners: 19, Longest Straight: 915m
This is an original track themed on the Sainte-Croix lake, which actually exists in the Provence region of Southern France. The long 10km course has various branches, and it is possible to select from 3 different layouts labeled A, B, and C respectively. The track contains corners comprised of geometric shapes such as 90 degree and radial corners. There is also a reverse layout to each.
i1xpErA07DSChG.jpg

i1o7beuLmIbZu.jpg

- The option to purchase cars from the PlayStation™Store
Cars that cost less than 2,000,000 in-game Cr. can now be purchased directly through the PS Store, in addition to your standard in-game purchase.
- The ability to apply decals to Racing Suits and Helmets in the suit livery editor
i1OyudOpnf3Qe7E.jpg

- 3 new events added to 'GT League' campaign mode + new rounds in some of the existing events

The following events have been added to the "GT League":
・Beginner League "Lightweight K Cup"
・Amateur League "Nostalgic Car Festival"
・Professional League "Mercedes AMG Grand Prix"
・"Raptor Survival" Rounds 4 and 5
・"4WD Challenge" Rounds 4 and 5
・"Vision Gran Turismo Trophy" Rounds 4 and 5
・"Porsche Cup" Round 3

- Circuit de la Sarthe has been added to the 'Circuit Experience'

- Custom driver avatar can be placed in Scapes photospots

It is now possible to place driver avatars when taking photos in Scapes. Spots where you can place drivers will have a "Driver Can Be Placed" mark displayed;

- Update to physics simulation model
- The Tyre Simulation Model has been adjusted: handling during acceleration, deceleration and cornering have changed;
- The differences in grip power due to tyre temperature variations in races where the "Tyre Wear" option is enabled have been adjusted;
- In "Sport" mode, "Lobby", and "Custom Race", the amount of grip reduction when the [Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge] option within the [Race Settings] is set to "Real" has been adjusted. (When set to "Real", the grip reduction when picking up debris on tyres from driving off track, etc. will be more severe and it will take longer to recover grip compared to before);
- The handling of Formula cars when using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been adjusted;

Last edited:

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
That's a fantastic update.

If they keep this up monthly, this will be a huge game by the end of its life.

Literally the only beef I have with the game is the inability to save without being online. ie if you don't have the latest patch you can't really play the game and save. And as I don't play often it seems like whenever I boot the game, there's a patch.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's good they've added the 2 mil limit to the microtransactions, it shouldn't completely destroy the game's economy with everyone suddenly being able to get the 25 mil cars.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
https://mobile.twitter.com/monitter_/status/1023751024983519232/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1023751024983519232&ref_url=https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#1023751024983519232

Microtransactions are also coming (300 Yen per car), apparently only for the cars costing less than 2 million credits so it shouldn't completely destroy the game's economy.

The game's economy is unchanged. Only difference now is they gave an option to purchase the cars with real money for instant access. DLC car packs are still free.

Oct 27, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised to see this in the 1.23 Update Details:

8. Physics Simulation Model
- The Tyre Simulation Model has been adjusted: handling during acceleration, deceleration and cornering have changed;

- The differences in grip power due to tyre temperature variations in races where the "Tyre Wear" option is enabled have been adjusted;

- In "Sport" mode, "Lobby", and "Custom Race", the amount of grip reduction when the [Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge] option within the [Race Settings] is set to "Real" has been adjusted. (When set to "Real", the grip reduction when picking up debris on tyres from driving off track, etc. will be more severe and it will take longer to recover grip compared to before);

- The handling of Formula cars when using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been adjusted;

- With this update of car's physics simulation model, the rankings of "Driving School", "Mission Challenge", and "Circuit Experience" has been reset. (This will not affect a player's level progression).

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game's economy is unchanged. Only difference now is they gave an option to purchase the cars with real money for instant access. DLC car packs are still free.
It would if there was no limit. Let's not forget this is still an online focused game. A shitload of people would pay around 2.5 Euro to have the 25 million cars in their garages, because it normally takes ages to earn so much money. With a 2 million limit it's not a problem thankfully.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
It would if there was no limit. Let's not forget this is still an online focused game. A shitload of people would pay around 2.5 Euro to have the 25 million cars in their garages, because it normally takes ages to earn so much money. With a 2 million limit it's not a problem thankfully.

They're only expensive because of their rarity in real life though, not because they're the best cars in the game or for online racing. And by game economy I thought you were talking about the amount of money you earn in races.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
The 20 million credit card are kind of useless in racing though. They're just for collectors or people who like to make liveries. The only genuinely useful cars in GT Sport are Gr.4, Gr.3, Gr.2 and Gr.1, and none of them break the meta of the game because they all get hit with the BoP stick sooner or later.

I mean, if PD locked the Megane Trophy V6 behind a DLC pay wall, then there would have been issues.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The "Daytime" setting on Sainte-Croix just might be the most realistic lighting that GT has ever had.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Lush update. The track looks promising, the cars insanely detailed. Good that this is still a free update that won't split the player base. Hopefully there won't be Lootboxes or expensive, necessary DLC packs in the future. Changes to the tire model were needed and I'm looking forward to it.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
It's awesome they're putting so many free updates out. This is how you support a game. Still waiting for them to add the classic old style Mini Cooper though! I can live in hope.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
It's 13€ on the ps store

Sweet, just bought GTS for £11 on a PSN summer sale. I have to say first impressions are very good, presentation and graphics are stunning. I have not played a GT game for a few years, but its nice that cars no longer sound like a hairdryer.

Sheeeeeitttt.... looks like I need to keep up with sales more than I'm used to.

To be fair tho, 25€ for a relatively new Gran Tourismo game looked like a nice deal.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017

Sounds pretty similar to me. The user might have had the transmission settings on too loud though; I can't remember if mine are on default or I turned it lower, but I don't have that much transmission whine when I played.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Sounds pretty similar to me. The user might have had the transmission settings on too loud though; I can't remember if mine are on default or I turned it lower, but I don't have that much transmission whine when I played.

It doesn't sound right at all.

Even a mod from Assetto Corsa sounds much closer to the real thing:

Mar 18, 2018
Soooo, if I only play singleplayer, is it worth buying it? Or should I wait for pCars2 price drop more than ~25Eur price it is now ;)

Jan 10, 2018
Been going around St. Croix for a couple of laps now. It's a very long and wide high-speed circuit with lots of 90 degree corners. It doesn't really feel like any of the other circuits which is a plus.

-edit-

Seems like a really great GT1 track. Lots of speedy sections!

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soooo, if I only play singleplayer, is it worth buying it? Or should I wait for pCars2 price drop more than ~25Eur price it is now ;)
I think it depends on what you expect from the singleplayer mode. The campaign mode is cool, but you have to be fine with the idea of doing challenges and improving your results. The GT League mode isn't that good imo. You can't set the AI difficulty in this mode and the AI cars are very weak in most events. Sure you can make it harder for yourself by driving a slower car, but that's not the solution to the problem.

As for pCARS 2, I have it and the singleplayer mode is still far from perfect even after all the big patches. The AI cars are insanely good in the wet, they aren't affected by the changing weather conditions and the AI strength varies a lot depending on the track and vehicle class.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Will be interesting to see how the car purchasing for real money will fare and if it will lead to F2P in a year or so.
Sony have a responsibility to retailers and the copies sold to them so it won't happen in 2018.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I find it funny microtransactions are now fully ok when it comes to buying content that could otherwise be bought with in game tokens/credits.