• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ilfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In an ideal world this would be great, however this isn't the 90's anymore. And I think the positives outweigh the negative with that.

Also, a game isn't a book. And books are constantly re-published with addendums, forewords, new chapters, or other editorial changes.

Also, GT Sport is literally a competitive multiplayer game. So I am really confused by your sentiment.
I thought that a game was a book. My mistake. And corrections are akin to minor patches, which I have little problem with.

And I don't have a problem with balance patches in multiplayer games that require them. If a GTS patch came out to tweak the DR system, or the nature of ghosting, I wouldn't have said anything. It would be better to get that stuff right in the first place, but sometimes it's too difficult.

A singleplayer campaign is not the same thing. There's no reason that couldn't have been there from the beginning. I get all the financial issues and how labour intensive these games are, and that they have release dates that they're obligated to hit; I'm not trying to imply otherwise. What I'm saying is that I want developers and publishers to take that into account and release a finished product, even if it means being less ambitious.

I'm sure that I'm part of a minority of people who care about what I care about, and share my opinion, but I'm only speaking for myself.

berryman69

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
This game has been heavily redeemed from launch. No other game can compete to this racer in the online arena IMHO. It's an amazing experience even for some that is just good. No more Driveclub craziness. Forza 7 is also good, but it's not this slick, this polished, or all encompassing with the actual experience. There are more cars and tracks and that is all there is really.

As for games launching complete. I just don't care anymore. I have too many games as is. I really also want companies to stop this bullshit. I agree this could have easily been there at launch. But for whatever reason it was not.

Nov 9, 2017
Réunion
You can still grind and make your car more powerful, lighter, better handling etc.

Yeah... but not really. Here it's just a general boost to the car, just a slider to move. In the past, it was possible to take a normal car and transform it into a "real" racing machine, piece by piece. GTS doesn't have that. But if you don't understand where the fun is in that, I won't blame you. It's something quite RPG-like after all, so if you don't like RPG (more hack & slash I my opinion), you won't be able to understand it. The grind and the leveling...

Tell that to the guy saying "I think no matter what PD adds to the game you will still be down on it" when all I did was explain why folks don't consider this a 1:1 replacement of the campaign modes of the past.

I get what you're saying. I'm quite surprised to see some people saying the league is like a perfect replica of the old single player campaign. That's kinda... sad, I guess.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've spent the last evening with this mode and it's very disappointing. First of all you can't change the AI difficulty. In the races I've finished so far it was extremely slow with single vehicles getting a sudden (rubberbanded) boost to performance. Another big disappointment is that you don't get any special rewards for spending time with this mode. There should be gift cars or other unique prizes for completing championships/leagues. Lastly there aren't that many series to choose from and they're not even championships, because they're not tied to each other in any way. Most of this stuff is fixable so I hope that the GT League won't be abandoned.

Logsi

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree. But you know, opinions. GT got me hooked on that Sport mode

GT Sport may be more polished but the physics, day/night cycle and weather make PC2 a much more compelling and deep car driving experience.

The FFB detail on GT Sport is lacking when compared to Assetto Corsa and PC2. This alone can make the game feel a bit numb and arcadey. I enjoy GT Sport don't get me wrong but PC2 has better content and being more on the sim side of things has quite a steep learning curve so makes it deeper game for me. The challenge is there to master each car on offer.

The real downside to PC2 is it still needs a couple more patches to be close to the polish of GT Sport.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
I've spent the last evening with this mode and it's very disappointing. First of all you can't change the AI difficulty. In the races I've finished so far it was extremely slow with single vehicles getting a sudden (rubberbanded) boost to performance. Another big disappointment is that you don't get any special rewards for spending time with this mode. There should be gift cars or other unique prizes for completing championships/leagues. Lastly there aren't that many series to choose from and they're not even championships, because they're not tied to each other in any way. Most of this stuff is fixable so I hope that the GT League won't be abandoned.

Yeah, besides not getting any rewards for completing, well, anything, this rubberband KI is a real pain in the arse.

Example, the N1000 race on the tri-oval. I won that race in a N500 Porsche GT3 RS. Not because I'm such a genius at driving, but because the LaFerrari in the lead drove 4-6 seconds per lap slower than it could. When I overtook it on lap 13 he suddenly lost his handicap and overtook me like it's nothing. If it wasn't for some lapped cars I'd have had no chance to overtake him again. That and one or two moves which you definitly shouldn't do in Sports mode. That said, winning this race with a N1000 shouldn't be a challenge at all. Even the Vulcan (N800) is fast enough to win it by a gap of almost a whole lap.

Again, winning an N1000 race with a N500 car made fun and was challenging in its own way. But unlike Sport mode this has nothing to do with actual racing. I hope next time they introduce new events, they include BOP-adapted Cup races w/o or at the very least dramatically reduced rubberband effect, including stuff like standing starts, so that the whole race isn't about catching the &%$§$ rabbit which - for some reason - already has a 30 seconds gap at the beginning of the race...

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
1kziZvD.gif

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
GT Sport may be more polished but the physics, day/night cycle and weather make PC2 a much more compelling and deep car driving experience.

The FFB detail on GT Sport is lacking when compared to Assetto Corsa and PC2. This alone can make the game feel a bit numb and arcadey. I enjoy GT Sport don't get me wrong but PC2 has better content and being more on the sim side of things has quite a steep learning curve so makes it deeper game for me. The challenge is there to master each car on offer.

The real downside to PC2 is it still needs a couple more patches to be close to the polish of GT Sport.

I saw some videos on YouTube before I bought gts
And rain affect is one of the worst I ever seen
Really bad, looks worst than gt5 at least what I remember could be wrong lol but still Looks bad
Also the graphics are bad in that game
Can't talk about gameplay tho I have not played yet.
But yeah 1st impression looks like a cheap game compared to gts

Also the framerate lol

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That doesn't sound like what people would expect from a single player part of Gran Turismo.
People said that all the time
I really don't get it
What people were expecting
Please give an example I'm scratching my head trying to remember how was the campaign in previous games
I don't remember then having different sp campaign
The only difference I see is. There is no those brand challenges or formula 1 car
Other than the campaign still there
Also license is missing I guess

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... but not really. Here it's just a general boost to the car, just a slider to move. In the past, it was possible to take a normal car and transform it into a "real" racing machine, piece by piece. GTS doesn't have that. But if you don't understand where the fun is in that, I won't blame you. It's something quite RPG-like after all, so if you don't like RPG (more hack & slash I my opinion), you won't be able to understand it. The grind and the leveling....
Oh RPG like? I'm a huge fan of RPG's too. And this is more RPG like then ever before because if you're playing the role of a race car driver/owner, you can't just buy your way to victory beyond the enthusiast competition. You do get better parts piece by piece like gearbox, differential, bhp etc., but the real grind comes in where you do lap after lap, getting better and faster, learning road and track. You also grind and do lots of trial and error to figure out how you want to tune your car to make it best work for you and do it for each car and track individually.

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How is the vr mode in this? Any good?
I haven't touch my vr since
Ruined the experience for me
Looks like ps1.5 game running in a pc emulator
And motion sickness just kill it for me
At least my gf is enjoying it

London heist and the shark demo still the best experience for me

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh look they added "content" and now people are disappointed.

Polyphony should concentrate on the online mode because that's where the actual interesting gameplay happens.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
I thought that a game was a book. My mistake. And corrections are akin to minor patches, which I have little problem with.

And I don't have a problem with balance patches in multiplayer games that require them. If a GTS patch came out to tweak the DR system, or the nature of ghosting, I wouldn't have said anything. It would be better to get that stuff right in the first place, but sometimes it's too difficult.

A singleplayer campaign is not the same thing. There's no reason that couldn't have been there from the beginning. I get all the financial issues and how labour intensive these games are, and that they have release dates that they're obligated to hit; I'm not trying to imply otherwise. What I'm saying is that I want developers and publishers to take that into account and release a finished product, even if it means being less ambitious.

I'm sure that I'm part of a minority of people who care about what I care about, and share my opinion, but I'm only speaking for myself.
GTS was launched finished... what you found on disc is what the devs created to final product.

This old way GT campaign should never happened if part of the fan base asked after the release of the game.

PD just created this update to make some fans happy... it was not planned or part of the complete package of GTS.

GTS was launched finished.

GTS is an online esport focused sim racer... that is why it is not called GT7... single player campaign is not the focus of GTS unless it is lessons to make you learn to drive against real life racers (that is the single player content it shipped on disc).

Your opinion is fine and I agree with you but it is an opinion that doesn't apply to GTS case.

Last edited:

Logsi

Oct 27, 2017
I saw some videos on YouTube before I bought gts
And rain affect is one of the worst I ever seen
Really bad, looks worst than gt5 at least what I remember could be wrong lol but still Looks bad
Also the graphics are bad in that game
Can't talk about gameplay tho I have not played yet.
But yeah 1st impression looks like a cheap game compared to gts

Also the framerate lol

There is more to weather than just how it looks. I'm referring to the way the weather affects the physics/dynamics of the cars.

The livetrack of the game is great. For example having rain push in whilst raining changes the dynamics totally. You have to watch out for pooling water over the course of a few laps and then stick to the drying racing line.

The tyre model with its accompanying tyre flex is a step above also.

It's a shame the game behaves so poorly with a controller because with a wheel it's sublime.

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There is more to weather than just how it looks. I'm referring to the way the weather affects the physics/dynamics of the cars.

The livetrack of the game is great. For example having rain push in whilst raining changes the dynamics totally. You have to watch out for pooling water over the course of a few laps and then stick to the drying racing line.

The tyre model with its accompanying tyre flex is a step above also.

It's a shame the game behaves so poorly with a controller because with a wheel it's sublime.
That sounds neat.
Unfortunately never played game so I had to go for the looks
No wonder gts doenst have weather effects right now
It needs to be implemented like that

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah its just catch up races and lot of GT5 single player stuff was already guilty of that. That, and the removal of the whole progression system make this mode somewhat redundant. Its nothing like starting in a beat up CRX with a new muffler and barely winning the Sunday Cup which would gain you cash for a better car or more tweaks.

Cars are handed out everywhere. Except in GT League itself. Course Challenges hand out more and quicker cash, though one time. But Arcade hands out cash too. Its a fun throwback but i was fine with the game as it was. Love that F40 though.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
Yeah its just catch up races and lot of GT5 single player stuff was already guilty of that. That, and the removal of the whole progression system make this mode somewhat redundant. Its nothing like starting in a beat up CRX with a new muffler and barely winning the Sunday Cup which would gain you cash for a better car or more tweaks.

Cars are handed out everywhere. Except in GT League itself. Course Challenges hand out more and quicker cash, though one time. But Arcade hands out cash too. Its a fun throwback but i was fine with the game as it was. Love that F40 though.
They need to throw more cash where you will learn to play better the Sport Mode.

They need to incentive the player to get better on Sport Mode... the GT League is only an add filler.

I believe GT League was added with the pourpose to make these fans that doesn't like changes buy the game and try the Sport Mode.

GTS didn't changed it focus... it continues in the right path.

Last edited:

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
So far it doesn't have the feel of the GT mode from 1-5. Seems more like 6. Like very streamlined "Here's your race. Please come again."

What are people not liking? That or the upgrades not having the shop menu or what?

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Finally! Started playing GT League today. Is good fun. I still miss buying tuning parts though.

I have to say, the handling model is far, FAR superior to Forza 7. FAR. Forza 7 is just Understeer Motorsport 7. GT 7 feels balanced and I can throw the cars through corners with such ease that it almost feels like cheating. I haven't missed Ford's rewind feature at all, whereas on Forza 7 I can't make it through one race without it.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They need to throw more cash where you will learn to play better the Sport Mode.

They need to incentive the player to get better on Sport Mode... the GT League is only an add filler.

I believe GT League was added with the pourpose to make these fans that doesn't like changes buy the game and try the Sport Mode.

GTS didn't changed it focus... it continues in the right path.

You make this sound like it all was and still is a part of their grand plan to make fans mass switch to playing Sport Mode exclusively. In my opinion it's at least partially a result of not listening to what a lot of gamers expected from a Gran Turismo game and now posting a quick temporary fix. GTS isn't the only big racing game on the market so people don't actually have to accept PD's vision because they have alternatives. If GT League mode (and other sp content) will stop getting updates people not really interested in multiplayer will eventually drop the game (in some cases probably for the second time).

Last edited:

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't touch my vr since
Ruined the experience for me
Looks like ps1.5 game running in a pc emulator
And motion sickness just kill it for me
At least my gf is enjoying it

London heist and the shark demo still the best experience for me
I see, I will try it tomorrow. How's the car selection for vr mode? Can I use any car?

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
You make this sound like it all was and still is a part of their grand plan to make fans mass switch to playing Sport Mode exclusively. In my opinion it's at least partially a result of not listening to what a lot of gamers expected from a Gran Turismo game and now posting a quick temporary fix. GTS isn't the only big racing game on the market so people don't actually have to accept PD's vision because they have alternatives. If GT League mode (and other sp content) will stop getting updates people not really interested in multiplayer will eventually drop the game (in some cases probably for the second time).
I'm not seeing this dropping the game happening like you say... I see more and more gamers saying good things about the Sport Mode.

Well it sales proves itself.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
This League update seems antithetical to the premise of Gran Turismo Sport. Literally the only reason I bought the game is because of its focus on online racing. The AI in racing games has been utter trash for decades, rubberbanding as far as the eye can see. But GTS has breathed life into online racing, motivating the majority (not all!) players in racing clean and not as if they're enacting Carmageddon. Nothing beats racing another human, as chaotic and random as they are. No matter how far behind you are, the racers ahead can make mistakes. But racing AI are so predictable in comparison.

Still, giving consumers a choice is always welcome, so I'm not complaining about the inclusion of off-line campaign stuff. But I am a little miffed at why everyone is so caught up about it. Racing against AI is really boring!

I do love the jazzy Christmas music with this update though.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
This cannot be overstated. I played GT3 to completion back in the day, same with FM3 and FM4 and frankly I have no desire to spend 80+hours grinding race series to finish a game again. Sport's existing SP modes were the most fun I've had with a sim racer ever, the thirst for gold was real and kept me playing hours every night until I got them all. Now though, because I think the game is fantastic, I welcome this additional SP content to have more to do.

I bought the game but haven't opened it yet. Also just bought pcars2. Anyway this is an interesting post. Makes me want to give GTS a shot. I've been a fan since GT5. Got a few high end racing wheels that ate ready for this too

Frantz

Oct 27, 2017
Milky Way
This cannot be overstated. I played GT3 to completion back in the day, same with FM3 and FM4 and frankly I have no desire to spend 80+hours grinding race series to finish a game again. Sport's existing SP modes were the most fun I've had with a sim racer ever, the thirst for gold was real and kept me playing hours every night until I got them all. Now though, because I think the game is fantastic, I welcome this additional SP content to have more to do.

Unfortunately in GT Sport getting all golds is pretty easy.
I remember it was so difficult in previous GT.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Do those league challenge are enough to just play them, get credits and buy new cars, upgrades? Or your still force to play other modes to build up your garage? Because the mode say'Compete in a wide variety of races using cars in your garage'

I've played for about 5 hours and beaten the driving school (all golds) and the first three events in the GT League (Sunday Cup, FF event and Clio Cup) and I've got about 700,000cr. Havent bought a car get since I've had lots of gift ones but I will... seems like a decent amount of cash to be had so far.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
I've played for about 5 hours and beaten the driving school (all golds) and the first three events in the GT League (Sunday Cup, FF event and Clio Cup) and I've got about 700,000cr. Havent bought a car get since I've had lots of gift ones but I will... seems like a decent amount of cash to be had so far.

Good! Seem interesting then. Might grab it soon then. Was affraid of being forced to play online to get cash and cars. Thanks for the info.

Oct 25, 2017
Good! Seem interesting then. Might grab it soon then. Was affraid of being forced to play online to get cash and cars. Thanks for the info.
Arcade mode also gives out cash and mileage points. You can not play online at all and earn all the cars and cash you want in the game. Online connection is required to be able to save progress however.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's a joke how easy every event is, even the endurance events. Just pathetic.

Shame because in the missions some races were great fun and competitive, especially the last few.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Arcade mode also gives out cash and mileage points. You can not play online at all and earn all the cars and cash you want in the game. Online connection is required to be able to save progress however.

Yup, I have almost 6 million GT bucks and have only played single player.

bug

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Paris
A connection to the putain de server could not be fucking established...enculé!
I play once in a month...

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Makes me more likely to pick this up, but I want a fully fleshed out single player on par for previous entries. I understand that GT:Sport was designed with Multiplayer in mind, but I'm all about playing these games once in a while as Single Player experiences.

berryman69

Banned
Dec 3, 2017

This is all highly debateable car by car dude. PC2 is nothing special, and a couple more patches to be as polished? Yeah no. It will never be as polished or slick as GT. So you have played a lot of GT Sport with a great wheel and the assists off? You think it is that much worse than PC2? I find that a bit hard to believe. GT also outshines that game in pure detail in places for sure. Nevermind all the cool stuff that GT does with its entire UI and online system.