• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's a temporary cut for the holidays or just a permanent price drop, but it's showing as $40 at pretty much all major retailers. I'm not sure why they seem to have waited until after Black Friday for this.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. I may bite at that price. That's not an indication that I think the game lacks quality, I just don't play online and that seems to be a major focus of the game. But the demo was fun and it's beautiful at its best so $40 is a nice price.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll wait till it's $10. Or if a full GT experience releases sometime soon (probably will have to wait till the PS5).

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hmm. I may bite at that price. That's not an indication that I think the game lacks quality, I just don't play online and that seems to be a major focus of the game. But the demo was fun and it's beautiful at its best so $40 is a nice price.
They just announced an offline mode.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

You'll enjoy the upcoming free December update for the game.
Update 1.07 content (planned for December 2017)
1. A new single player mode, the "GT League", will be added to the game. This is a single player game mode including several series of races that appeared in the past GT game titles, including fan favourites such as the "Sunday Cup", "Clubman Cup", "FF Challenge", etc., in which players can participate with a wide variety of cars that can be tuned.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...tes-add-new-cars-offline-play-gt-league-more/
38490687836_8a277bcafb_b.jpg

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's a temporary cut for the holidays or just a permanent price drop, but it's showing as $40 at pretty much all major retailers. I'm not sure why they seem to have waited until after Black Friday for this.
they were hoping the masses would buy it at full price on black friday to maximize revenue.

the masses likely didnt. they panicked and allowed retailers to cut it down to $40 on cyber monday to sell something rather than nothing.

whatever the reason, im glad they waited because with the GCU now applying to games again, i got it for $32 lol. Half the price for half the game.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Did the game bomb or something? Why is it being slashed in price so quickly?
No traditional career mode (coming December, announced post-launch) a way smaller car roster (because they made all models from scratch) and severely reduced offline play capabilities (think this is also being changed) will have scared many off this at full price.

Nov 23, 2017
I held off buying this with my friends online, i saw it was on 50% off already on PSN store and assumed alot of other people must have done the same.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
No traditional career mode (coming December, announced post-launch) a way smaller car roster (because they made all models from scratch) and severely reduced offline play capabilities (think this is also being changed) will have scared many off this at full price.

Makes you wonder if they should have waited till early next year to release this when the market's quieter and the game would have had more content ready.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yikes. No offense to anyone but I'm glad I didn't have the funds to buy this day one.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did the game bomb or something? Why is it being slashed in price so quickly?
This is normal. Cod comes out early every year, becomes the best selling game almost immediately and still goes on sale every black Friday.

Games like mordor, Forza, ac origins, wolfenstein all came out in October like gt sports and they all saw price cuts for black Friday.

If anything I'm surprised Sony didn't slash the prices earlier last week. It was outsold by forza 7 in October so yeah, it didn't sell well.

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
great game
is the only game im playing right now
the gameplay is soo good on pad, the feedback is amazing

Heath V

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool I was debating whether or not to pick this up as I am a pretty big Forza fan but this is just more incentive to do so.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought it day -1. Have enjoyed it a ton but I'm still kinda salty. Hopefully lots of people buying it as time passes ensures tons of good free content updates even past what they have announced so far.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'll definitely play it but I'll keep waiting until I can get a copy for $20 because I'd rather play Project Cars 2 in the meantime.

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Wait there is an actual career mode coming? Normal career with grind and licenses like old GTs?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's been super cheap in the uk. I think GHG said they were giving it away with meal deals in Tescos. Get yourself a sandwich a drink and skip the skips, grab a copy of gts instead. I just can't wait to buckle up with you boys and test this game out.

The hdr in the demo was enough for the 17 pound investment

Deleted member 11986

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
they were hoping the masses would buy it at full price on black friday to maximize revenue.

the masses likely didnt. they panicked and allowed retailers to cut it down to $40 on cyber monday to sell something rather than nothing.

whatever the reason, im glad they waited because with the GCU now applying to games again, i got it for $32 lol. Half the price for half the game.
LOL That. Pretty much PD gave a half ass game and now they have to charge it for a half price if they want to sell.

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Game could've launched with more content but not angry I paid full price for Digital Deluxe version as I have enjoyed it a lot so far. With the updates coming this new price is a steal!!!

chilledunit

Oct 29, 2017
That seems like a stretch. Likely untrue.

No, this is the real reason. GT Sport isn't just licensing the FIA name and trademarks, it's online races are ratified and sanctioned by the FIA as an official FIA racing series. They can't have the possibility of cheating or offline save manipulation affecting the races.

It's stupid. It's like three or four steps too far and no-one was asking for this.

Faust

Oct 25, 2017
This game is always online garbage, you're be crazy to pay more than $5 for this trash. They also decided to sell it with no single player content which is also a nice screw you to fans of the series. There's much better racing games to play than this.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
This game is always online garbage, you're be crazy to pay more than $5 for this trash. They also decided to sell it with no single player content which is also a nice screw you to fans of the series. There's much better racing games to play than this.
Literally not true. That non-existent single player is all I've been doing, and they just announced old school career events to come in a free update.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

Holy hyperbole. I dropped out for reasons surrounding its structure and limited content, but they've communicated that they're expanding even the single-player offerings, let alone the pool of cars and tracks. Discounts are good, and the game isn't being abandoned. Give it time if you're interested in theory, that's exactly how I'm looking at it.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone who bought this at launch basically got scammed. Has to be the quickest and biggest price drop ever for a franchise with this pedigree. It was $29 in Australia over the weekend and that is less than one third of the launch RRP.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

holy-sht.gif

Let us know how you really feel!!!

Faust

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hyperbole. I dropped out for reasons surrounding its structure and limited content, but they've communicated that they're expanding even the single-player offerings, let alone the pool of cars and tracks. Discounts are good, and the game isn't being abandoned. Give it time, that's exactly how I'm looking at it.
Yeah, because it's not selling. No reason to jump at $40 when it will $20 and very quickly. Also, that's nice that they're finally attempting to fix their game but that doesn't excuse them from trying to sell people garbage to begin with. Again, I think there's much better racing games for the same price or cheaper rather than wasting money on this unless you're really about the always online stuff. They also don't seem to want to "fix" their always online garbage which is pretty bad.