• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
The Xbow is where it is at today. With the right track that car is a blast to drive. You basically steer with the throttle.

Kaze13

Oct 25, 2017
Can we all agree that these Campaign mode races need a reward system other than credits and Mileage points? Jeez. Give me the prize car wheel for completing an event or something. As it stands, it's totally useless to me.

Kaze13

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I fucking hate this duplicate car bullshit. 3 times the Miura was on the lineup and 3 times it gave me a duplicate car. So frustrating. Can't even sell those stupid cars. SMH!

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Can we all agree that these Campaign mode races need a reward system other than credits and Mileage points? Jeez. Give me the prize car wheel for completing an event or something. As it stands, it's totally useless to me.

Also, I fucking hate this duplicate car bullshit. 3 times the Miura was on the lineup and 3 times it gave me a duplicate car. So frustrating. Can't even sell those stupid cars. SMH!

Yep. No idea why they make the reward cars so "precious" and limited. There should never be dupes and if there are, you should sure as fuck be able to sell them. Just more out dated garbage from PD.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
You are absolutely right. When I got the game (launch day) I started doing the daily workout because you get a free car per day.... I kept playing for around 2 weeks till I finished all the SP content, then till chritstmas playing Sport mode. I just dont care about that anymore, I just play as much as I want, the gift cars are always shit, and you cant even sell them? Once I checked my garage and found out that I had more than 40 cars duplicate (I used to buy a lot of cars at first, currently have 120 in my garage). And I couldnt sell the gift ones, only those that I bought. The Campaign should give us stuff, it is a complete joke. Idk, if you finish a series, get a car. if you win the same race 3 or 5 times, get a car. or get a bonus at least. Right now you have this 'how many times you won this event', that basically shows how much you like to waste your time.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just let me click an option in the settings and unlock all the cars. Or if the garage system is so precious (its not) just let me pick whatever car I want if I do the daily miles.

Kaze13

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. No idea why they make the reward cars so "precious" and limited. There should never be dupes and if there are, you should sure as fuck be able to sell them. Just more out dated garbage from PD.

Right. Let me sell them so I could get the actual cars I want. It just feels so useless. There are plenty of cars.

You are absolutely right. When I got the game (launch day) I started doing the daily workout because you get a free car per day.... I kept playing for around 2 weeks till I finished all the SP content, then till chritstmas playing Sport mode. I just dont care about that anymore, I just play as much as I want, the gift cars are always shit, and you cant even sell them? Once I checked my garage and found out that I had more than 40 cars duplicate (I used to buy a lot of cars at first, currently have 120 in my garage). And I couldnt sell the gift ones, only those that I bought. The Campaign should give us stuff, it is a complete joke. Idk, if you finish a series, get a car. if you win the same race 3 or 5 times, get a car. or get a bonus at least. Right now you have this 'how many times you won this event', that basically shows how much you like to waste your time.

The campaign, to me, meant getting a car. It gave me a sense of progression. Right now, it just feels like something I want to do to get 100% completion...

Just let me click an option in the settings and unlock all the cars. Or if the garage system is so precious (its not) just let me pick whatever car I want if I do the daily miles.

I wouldn't unlock everything off the bat but I definitely expect to be able to use a GR.2 car when it's part of the daily...

Kaze13

Oct 25, 2017
This new penalty system is ok except for one thing, the slightest bump from behind gets you 10 seconds penalty. Fuck that! I don't even mess them up badly and they stay on track yet it's 10 seconds for me?! Wtf!!!

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
This new penalty system is ok except for one thing, the slightest bump from behind gets you 10 seconds penalty. Fuck that! I don't even mess them up badly and they stay on track yet it's 10 seconds for me?! Wtf!!!

As far as I know, this will be addressed in the July update. Should no longer get penalties for minor bumps.

Jan 10, 2018
Pretty cool. I just bought this game in a recent sale and have been putzing around with the school and get league. I think i know what assists i'll keep and try out an online game today. A little worried about keeping it clean. I tend to bump into ai because i'm not worried about them. So maybe i'll try a couple of really clean races in gt league and see how that goes.

The AI acts a bit unnatural and unpredictable. They do not understand the blue flag rule for instance which makes it hard to overtake them. They also make very slow turn-ins and their breaking calabilities are all over the place. It's best to be patient and overtake them on straights with as much distance as possible.

Online can also be unpredictable and dangerous, with the added penalty system that brings strong emotions into play. But patience applies here as well and it's best to study the driving patterns of people before you make a move. It's not always possible, but you have to try.

Mercedes F1 car coming? :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Heads up - GTS costs only 14€ in the new PS EU store sale. That's a huuuuge price drop. :O

I was really turned of by the initial impressions upon release, the mp focus etc. But I bought it yesterday. Only did a couple offline races. And what can I say? Turn off all the assists and the game becomes incredible. I fell in love with the driving again, can't wait to lay more. Visually sometimes a little hit and miss, but the HDR is great.

Deleted member 15538

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back in DR A thank to the Huracan One Make races for a couple of days now. I picked it as my GR4 car at launch and the only one I'm really comfortable with on controller without TC. I can even get within a second of the top 10 times with that rather slow and not that agile beast when it's normally 2-3s on the longer tracks. Shame I don't have a lot of time today to play some races. Will be back in DR B soon lol.

Kaze13

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dealing with a massive dead zone on my left stick which makes right turns extremely annoying. It will just go dead while I'm mid turn. Fucking sucks. So, did that take me from BS to BA? No. The fucking penalty system is fucked up. A guy cut the corner and went back in and hit me. I get 10 seconds. I take the inside and a guy goes for the apex. I get 10 seconds. The kicker is they get no penalty. WTF....got so frustrated last night after I found out my rating took a dive.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Update details are out: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1452863.html

Looks like the new tire simulation model is in:

- The Tyre Simulation Model has been adjusted: handling during acceleration, deceleration and cornering have changed;
- The differences in grip power due to tyre temperature variations in races where the "Tyre Wear" option is enabled have been adjusted;
- In "Sport" mode, "Lobby", and "Custom Race", the amount of grip reduction when the [Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge] option within the [Race Settings] is set to "Real" has been adjusted. (When set to "Real", the grip reduction when picking up debris on tyres from driving off track, etc. will be more severe and it will take longer to recover grip compared to before);

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Update details are out: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1452863.html

Looks like the new tire simulation model is in:

- The Tyre Simulation Model has been adjusted: handling during acceleration, deceleration and cornering have changed;
- The differences in grip power due to tyre temperature variations in races where the "Tyre Wear" option is enabled have been adjusted;
- In "Sport" mode, "Lobby", and "Custom Race", the amount of grip reduction when the [Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge] option within the [Race Settings] is set to "Real" has been adjusted. (When set to "Real", the grip reduction when picking up debris on tyres from driving off track, etc. will be more severe and it will take longer to recover grip compared to before);

Great news.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just did the Le Mans circuit experience.

Not feeling a huge amount of difference in terms of the tire model with the RH tires using the wheel.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of Ferrari, but that 250gto shall be mine. Sexy! Just hope it doesn't cost 20MIL...

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
Quoting for the segue...dailies are back to weeklies:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3960825.html

Who asked for this? Combined with addition of MTX, I'm not a huge fan of these changes
The MTX don't bother me as no cars are locked behind a paywall, but changing daily to weekly is utter idiocy. As it stands I skip Sport Mode a few days a week if car/track combo is unappealing.

I've a feeling this will kill online numbers. Very disappointing.

Edit: is race C no longer an endurance race?

CassiusClay99

Oct 28, 2017
How hard would it be to have both daylies et weeklies ? Like...you know...everybody is happy....

OMG... PARADIGM SHIFT !!!

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Quoting for the segue...dailies are back to weeklies:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3960825.html

Who asked for this? Combined with addition of MTX, I'm not a huge fan of these changes

I'm all for some of the dailies being weekly but all of them is a bit much.

Racea A and B should be rotated daily but the longer race C should be weekly IMO.

How hard would it be to have both daylies et weeklies ? Like...you know...everybody is happy....

OMG... PARADIGM SHIFT !!!

Yep.

The F1 car drives like shit with a wheel. Behaves nothing like how a high downforce car should, especially in terms of the weight of the wheel. It's just one weight the whole time. But then I've been spoilt by driving formula cars in assetto corsa and RFactor 2 so maybe others will enjoy it. But it's still miles off the likes of F1 2017 for example...

The new track is nice but other than that this update along with the introduction of microtransactions has me less than excited for the future of this game. I don't think they get it anymore.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Imagine when the dailies are Gr3 @Northern Isle, Gr1 @ Tokyo, and a one-make @Monza for a week straight. You stop playing, or say goodbye to your SR

Because you know it's gonna happen, PD likes them GR3s at Northern Isle

EDIT: accidentally tagged a user

Plum

May 31, 2018
This driving school mode is really not doing a great job of teaching me what exactly the concepts it introduces are. I've gotten gold on everything except the Beginner lap trial but I feel like I haven't learnt anything significant. I'm at the first trail-braking trial and I just have no clue whatsoever on how to get that gold. Ghosts for the bronze, silver and gold would help but some better explanations would go a long, long way.

Last edited:

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
As I feared, the 250gto costs 20 Million credits, and to rub it in, anytime you attempt to purchase a car you are prompted with an advert for buying the car with real money. Bollocks.

There is an option to turn off those prompts, but they should never be in the game to begin with.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
As I feared, the 250gto costs 20 Million credits, and to rub it in, anytime you attempt to purchase a car you are prompted with an advert for buying the car with real money. Bollocks.

There is an option to turn off those prompts, but they should never be in the game to begin with.

You can't buy that car with real money anyway.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
I've not had a lot of time with the update but I'm really enjoying the feeling of the cars on sports hard tyres.
I've run the F40 (SS) The M3 Sport (SH) and the RX7 (SH) as those are the cars I managed to put some time in before the update

There is a big difference in how the cars feel on those tyres. The F40 is still a handful and really fun to drive but it's a little more predictable and feels nicer to drive with more feel than before.

The other two were a blast to drive. I did a quick 6 lapper vs the AI on intermediate around brands hatch and maybe had the most fun race vs the AI in GT Sport. I keep thinking woah, this is so cool lol.

I want to run comfort tyres when I get home and see how that feels. Probably do a few laps in a cobra on CS.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
They went back to weeklies?!!! God damn it. So much incentive to cheat at qualifying now. Now people who find the track exploits can sit on pole for an entire week. That is insane. I will never get pole again, unless I go on an intentional crash fest and drop my SR rank down. They really need to have a session based qualifying system if they are going to run weeklies. Also like everyone said, just do both dailies and weeklies.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, agree with GHG that an endurance weekly would be fine, but having all three all week is a bit much, especially given PD's penchant for weird race choices.

Only driven the first route of the new tracks, but wasn't into it at all. Lots of sharp corners and little flow. Feel like they'd be better off either remastering an old classic or putting in real tracks.

I give them points for trying, but there's too much growl and not enough overwhelming chorus of banshees speeding towards you.

CassiusClay99

Oct 28, 2017
You can't buy that car with real money anyway.

I wonder why.

Maybe because, compared to the price of other cars you can buy, the price of 20 millions would have made them way too expensive? (weren't cars extraordinarily expensive in GT5 already?)

In any case, the fact you can't buy expensive cars with real money is just a kind of stunt: if you want to buy these cars, you'll just save the ingame credits and buy the cheap cars with real money... the whole game economy is "microtransactionned" now imo.

RounD

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder why.

Maybe because, compared to the price of other cars you can buy, the price of 20 millions would have made them way too expensive? (weren't cars extraordinarily expensive in GT5 already?)

In any case, the fact you can't buy expensive cars with real money is just a kind of stunt: if you want to buy these cars, you'll just save the ingame credits and buy the cheap cars with real money... the whole game economy is "microtransactionned" now imo.

So how does this effect the game you play?

CassiusClay99

Oct 28, 2017
So how does this effect the game you play?

Well: we'll see how things turn out from now on. I expect to see more cars that are expensive and/or more cars leaning towards the 2 millions limit.

I might want to buy a 5 millions credits car in the future... and then keep my credits for this one...and spend real money on the cheaper ones...

MTX are here to make profit. I think it's desillusional to assume they don't change the game economy.

Do you really think they are here just to "help" players who lack time?

RounD

Oct 29, 2017
Well: we'll see how things turn out from now on. I expect to see more cars that are expensive and/or more cars leaning towards the 2 millions limit.

I might want to buy a 5 millions credits car in the future... and then keep my credits for this one...and spend real money on the cheaper ones...

MTX are here to make profit. I think it's desillusional to assume they don't change the game economy.

Do you really think they are here just to "help" players who lack time?

Fair enough. I thought the F1 car would be expensive and the grind is still hard to get the 20 mil cars.

But if you choose not to spend money what difference is there in the game from last week to this week? And I wouldnt mind to see more expensive cars since those tend to be the more exotic cars.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit that F1 car in VR is sooo good, blew the dust off my wheel and set my rig up again. And once again I just wish we had better graphics already, shit is soo good.

But in non VR the car drives like shit though, idk

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Having come over directly from it, the W-08 drives soooooooooo much differently than it does in F1 2017. The turn in is good but the mid speed stability is atrocious. Some of the difficulty might be from a poor application of automatic ERS usage, the same way the LMP1 hybrids can get wonky. The auto DRS is neat, though, and seems intelligent enough. Also, the use of the power band does not lend itself well to the current HUD at all. I actually started getting better lap times when I effectively turned the transmission into a 7-speed with custom ratios. The suggested gears can and should be ignored entirely as they appear to be built around the engine cutoff of 15000rpm and pretending like the power band is a lot more narrow than it is.

Was curious to see how it would perform vs the X2014, and it's a few seconds a lap slower on top of being a lot harder to drive. Had better luck in the W-08 after setting it up with less front wing.

Oh, and just wanted to complain about the MTX stuff. I know it's being added on on top of the rather fair credit system that was already there, but I hate it when developers backtrack on old promises.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Here's a VR lap around Suzuka in the W08 - the clipping of the image isn't great (reshaping the square VR output to 16:9) as it seems to have removed all the interesting wheel and dash stuff and left acres of sky but anyway here it is.

The hairpin feels ponderously slow but it was so hard to keep speed up and not spin the git. I alsi lost it on the kerbs at the chicane a lot too.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
There seems to be a bug with W08's accelerator. When you lift the throttle, it sticks on for a second and then drops to 0 instantly.

The new tyre model is interesting. I'm a pad player so I don't know shit, but I was driving the Gr.3 Ford GT, 2017 Lexus and Honda NSX around the new track and it does feel grippier and a bit more progressive, and it does feel like there's more tyre flex. I did the Le Mans circuit experience and the 919 felt easier to drive than I was used to. I used to need traction control for anything past Gr2 but... yeah it's interesting. Anyone tested out the F1500T? I'd like to know if the car still tries to kill you in top end of 3rd gear mid corner.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep the F1 car is officially bugged. Makes Hamiltons tweet yesterday all the more hilarious. I bet he hasn't even touched this game since that Nurburgring reference lap video.

They went back to weeklies?!!! God damn it. So much incentive to cheat at qualifying now. Now people who find the track exploits can sit on pole for an entire week. That is insane. I will never get pole again, unless I go on an intentional crash fest and drop my SR rank down. They really need to have a session based qualifying system if they are going to run weeklies. Also like everyone said, just do both dailies and weeklies.

This is the biggest issue.

It should be live qualifying at the start of every session but you are alone on the track. Basically iRacing's system would work a treat here.

It's like they looked at iRacing and only took the whole weekly race system. What they should really do is the following:
  • Live qualifying for 10 minutes at the start of each session (alone on track or all other participants ghosted)
  • A GR4 weekly - half an hour races once an hour
  • A GR3 weekly - half an hour races once an hour
  • A modern LMP1 weekly - half an hour races once an hour
  • A multiclass weekly (LMP1 and GR3) - 1 hour races every other hour
  • A group C weekly
  • A couple of one make dailies - 15/20 minute races once every half an hour
Basically the choice of 7/8 different race lobby options in sport mode that covers all different types of racing and race lengths. GIVE PEOPLE CHOICE.

With the shitty qualifying system and me not having any interest in two of the 3 dailies (or do we call them weeklies now?) I have little reason to play sport mode anymore.

I let my iRacing sub lapse a few weeks ago but I think I'll resub. Either that or I just play more SRS races in raceroom/assetto corsa. When a third party mod for PC sims (made by one guy) does a better job of handling this than PD it makes you think... For example this is SRS right now:

img_20180731_073127lzdz9.png

How difficult would something like this be? Like seriously?
//rant over

Last edited: