• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 28307

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I kept waiting for an option to sell gifted cars but since it seems like its not coming, i decided to clean my garage for the first time since launch.

I had 150 duplicated gift cars D:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
The snap oversteer with RH tires on MR cars seems to be gone for the most part :)

Yeah, I did some laps with the Ferrari tonight and you're right! If not gone, it's certainly dampened significantly. Tire wear is also much better and the Ferrari can survive on worn tires for longer. This is going to give it much more competitiveness in endurance/FIA races.

Last edited:

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
This game... First daily workout reward since the new content arrived? A Honda Beat, thanks game, it's what I've always wanted./s

Secretly, I really love this lil motor car, running on Comfort tyres, taking corners at 60mph (100kph) or above is always an exciting event!

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
One make races should also be part of the longer race classes. I want tire wear and damage with cars besides Gr.1. Imo they need to resrtrict assists after a certain DR/SR rank no matter the race and have tirewear and damage on in every sport race other than one reserved for lower ranks. All this is also contingent on their tire wear and damage
models improving significantly. Tire and fuel burn are way too linerear and nullify all race
strategy as it stands. The fact you can't start an "endurance" race with hard tires and a full fuel load is so stupid. 99% of the time it is just go softest tires and max fuel burn. I genuinely feel that PD still does not look at other refined and established racing sims seriously. They still see themselves as trend setters and they simply aren't anymore aside from lighting and car models. They have zero clue how to make a full featured racing game. The lobby system is so barren and the offline races are archaic.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I drove one of my 'chroma' paint finish cars last night for the first time in a while, and the paint effect looked improved. Maybe a previous update did this and I've only just noticed it.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Hi all, complete GT Sport noob here.
I started playing a fair bit recently as I bought the VR and now I'm playing it pretty religiously every day (without the VR) and upto around rank 20. I was looking through the trophies and noticed the start on pole and race wins etc but where does the game count these poles and race wins? I can't find qualifying in a single race so just abit confused if I'm doing something wrong. TIA!

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I wish the short version of la croix was more narrow and quicker corner flow. As it stands all version of this track are for high speed high downforce cars. Driving a N600 car around there feels like a go kart.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
For those with wheel, which stand do you guys use? I dont have a proper table for.it and need to buy one but dont want to spend a lot. Maybe I could even build my own?!

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
For those with wheel, which stand do you guys use? I dont have a proper table for.it and need to buy one but dont want to spend a lot. Maybe I could even build my own?!
I have a wheelstand pro and those things are really good. Sturdy and ergonomically adaptive. Con is the between-legs shaft that will annoy people who want to left-foot brake or heel-toe. Also, if you want to add a shifter, the mounting solution that comes with the stand is a joke. Especially up to the T300 range of force, you don't really need anything better in my opinion. Putting it away again is not as fast and carefree as most people think though, because it's not actually lightweight stuff.

If you want to go cheaper, a piece of wood as a spacer from wall to pedals and an office desk work pretty damn well. If you're in the living room, and a wallside desk is not an option, I've seen guys mount their wheel to kitchen baby seat with something heavy put on the foot-rests. I did something similar with my shifter at first (I used a concrete slab as weight, it worked really well xD)

------------

Does anyone know what changes PD made to the tire model?
Saw someone saying that they made great changes and only thing people talk about are the microtransactions.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I have a wheelstand pro and those things are really good. Sturdy and ergonomically adaptive. Con is the between-legs shaft that will annoy people who want to left-foot brake or heel-toe. Also, if you want to add a shifter, the mounting solution that comes with the stand is a joke. Especially up to the T300 range of force, you don't really need anything better in my opinion. Putting it away again is not as fast and carefree as most people think though, because it's not actually lightweight stuff.

If you want to go cheaper, a piece of wood as a spacer from wall to pedals and an office desk work pretty damn well. If you're in the living room, and a wallside desk is not an option, I've seen guys mount their wheel to kitchen baby seat with something heavy put on the foot-rests. I did something similar with my shifter at first (I used a concrete slab as weight, it worked really well xD)

------------

Does anyone know what changes PD made to the tire model?
Saw someone saying that they made great changes and only thing people talk about are the microtransactions.
Yes, I need to mount the shifter as well, what in is it a joke? bad positioning? I play in the living room and the way I can play is using the dining table, but it really is a lot of work to do that and then after playing I have to unmount it otherwise where can we eat? lol I used to have an office table in my old apartment, but now there is no space for it in here (and it was too light so sometimes in tight turns things would start to slide or the whole table move up and down haha).

I was looking at that Wheelstand Pro that most people seem to have and also found another model called Byakko Wheel Stand that seems to have lots of regulations and is a bit cheaper. Does anyone know?use it? It seems that there is not enough rubber under it, the Wheelstand Pro looks more stable (but that is just me looking photos of them).

edit. I watched a video and the thing is very bad, the guy isn't even playing he is just playing with the wheel and pedals and everything moves, feels like it will fall apart any moment lol Imagine using force feedback

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yes, I need to mount the shifter as well, what in is it a joke? bad positioning? I play in the living room and the way I can play is using the dining table, but it really is a lot of work to do that and then after playing I have to unmount it otherwise where can we eat? lol I used to have an office table in my old apartment, but now there is no space for it in here (and it was too light so sometimes in tight turns things would start to slide or the whole table move up and down haha).

I was looking at that Wheelstand Pro that most people seem to have and also found another model called Byakko Wheel Stand that seems to have lots of regulations and is a bit cheaper. Does anyone know?use it? It seems that there is not enough rubber under it, the Wheelstand Pro looks more stable (but that is just me looking photos of them).

edit. I watched a video and the thing is very bad, the guy isn't even playing he is just playing with the wheel and pedals and everything moves, feels like it will fall apart any moment lol Imagine using force feedback

The mounting solution of the wheelstand is a piece of very hard stainless steel that you can screw to the same plate your wheelbase will be screwed onto. Nothing else, one long rectangular piece of metal, no angle or something to get it lower; it will be at the same height as the steering wheel. So, you have to find your own solution there. But honestly... if you're only using the shifter for GTS... I'd sell the shifter. The clutch "model" (is a an "on"/"off" function really a model... for a clutch?) is terrible in that game... and then you can't short calibrate the pedal in the in-game settings. Really bad. On PC people wouldn't give that a pass. I mean for future-proofing and to just use it in sequential with GTS, it's probably ok, but I don't know how you're gonna mount it in a good way so it's in a natural position and that the wheelstand will stays foldable at the same time.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The mounting solution of the wheelstand is a piece of very hard stainless steel that you can screw to the same plate your wheelbase will be screwed onto. Nothing else, one long rectangular piece of metal, no angle or something to get it lower; it will be at the same height as the steering wheel. So, you have to find your own solution there. But honestly... if you're only using the shifter for GTS... I'd sell the shifter. The clutch "model" (is a an "on"/"off" function really a model... for a clutch?) is terrible in that game... and then you can't short calibrate the pedal in the in-game settings. Really bad. On PC people wouldn't give that a pass. I mean for future-proofing and to just use it in sequential with GTS, it's probably ok, but I don't know how you're gonna mount it in a good way so it's in a natural position and that the wheelstand will stays foldable at the same time.
I like playing Dirt Rally with the clutch, really amazing experience. Specially because I have PSVR and there I can play the whole "campaign", not just those boring 1 on 1 like in GTS. I still use the shifter in GTS, but no clutch (just because I miss driving real cars, so I lrefer having a shifter by my side).

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I happen to be driving an MR2 with ss tires before the update. tried it right after the update and sure enough it's easier to drive.

I think it did feel more realistic. It felt like the tire could be pushed to where it's feeling wobbly but still gripping as long as you are steady. Before, the range where I could feel the tire losing support prior to it falling off seemed very narrow. Especially on driven wheels.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I happen to be driving an MR2 with ss tires before the update. tried it right after the update and sure enough it's easier to drive.

I think it did feel more realistic. It felt like the tire could be pushed to where it's feeling wobbly but still gripping as long as you are steady. Before, the range where I could feel the tire losing support prior to it falling off seemed very narrow. Especially on driven wheels.
I can finally drive well in Suzuka, those consecutive S curves in the very beginning were terrible for me, now I can feel the car better than before and it is easier to be more stable and maintain speed.

It could also be because I watched the Lewis Hamilton video and got a few tips... But really, I used to hate Suzuka, would be dead last most of the times and today I started in 7th and ended up 2nd in Sport.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I like playing Dirt Rally with the clutch, really amazing experience. Specially because I have PSVR and there I can play the whole "campaign", not just those boring 1 on 1 like in GTS. I still use the shifter in GTS, but no clutch (just because I miss driving real cars, so I lrefer having a shifter by my side).
100%, DiRT Rally, best game to use H-pattern with!

That sounds promising. Especially the bolded.
GTS always felt as if, when you're at the maximum pure lateral force of what a tire could take and then additionally applied throttle to add longitudinal force, the lateral would just fall away almost entirely, even at reasonable slip ratios (let's say under 20%).
Edit: As if there were some severe longitudinal slip priority under combined slip. And also some recovery time delay before you could get any adhesive grip part in the contact patch again.

Last edited:

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I can finally drive well in Suzuka, those consecutive S curves in the very beginning were terrible for me, now I can feel the car better than before and it is easier to be more stable and maintain speed.

It could also be because I watched the Lewis Hamilton video and got a few tips... But really, I used to hate Suzuka, would be dead last most of the times and today I started in 7th and ended up 2nd in Sport.

I didn't try Suzuka but I imagine that the change I was feeling would be very apparent in those S turns. It's more than just a wider range to react, it's more of the feedback you need to effectively
1477704920496.gif

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
GTS always felt as if, when you're at the maximum pure lateral force of what a tire could take and then additionally applied throttle to add longitudinal force, the lateral would just fall away almost entirely, even at reasonable slip ratios (let's say under 20%).

From my experience so far, that instant break of the grip is gone and has been replaced by something you can feel gradually fade. There's so much more information being given now about what the car is doing. The Racing tires have less grip than before, but you can tell what they're doing now. As a side effect it seems to have cured most of the oversteer issues the MR cars had, and you can catch the car more often with counter-steering.

Now if PD could just replace that non-linear throttle we'd be in business.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
From my experience so far, that instant break of the grip is gone and has been replaced by something you can feel gradually fade. There's so much more information being given now about what the car is doing. The Racing tires have less grip than before, but you can tell what they're doing now. As a side effect it seems to have cured most of the oversteer issues the MR cars had, and you can catch the car more often with counter-steering.

Now if PD could just replace that non-linear throttle we'd be in business.

Glad to hear about the tires, but the bolded part x1,000. It is fucking INSANE that GT still lacks brake and throttle linearity settings.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Edit: As if there were some severe longitudinal slip priority under combined slip. And also some recovery time delay before you could get any adhesive grip part in the contact patch again.

Something like that! I'm not sure how tire simulations are done in any game so all I can give is seat of the pants impression.

The recovery in particular tho: I notices there was a delay before. Usually, if I gently push a tire over the edge, I expect to be able to recover it with an equally gentle counter action. But sometimes it had a feeling where the gently overloaded tire seemed "stuck" in an overloaded state. I didn't feel that at all playing last nite.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Is there a problem with the friend rankings board since the latest patch for anyone else? All my friends times have disappeared from the likes of driving school and challenge mode, they were fine prior to the patch.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Okay... 8 or 9 sport races since patch and I have not got a penalty from opponents rubbing the rear bumper. And I had one instance with a pretty firm dive-bomb from behind and I got no penalty from that, either.

Difference? Maybe? Anyone notice?

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017

Really love the new update. Physics feel better than ever in a GT game.. If only Sony would pull their head out their ass and let Pro owners play the whole game in VR. blegh.

Kaze13

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was weird that the Viper was extremely gratifying to use. I'll have to try the LaFerrari again. It was extreme shit before lol.

edit: the theFerrari is still shite

Last edited:

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Really love the new update. Physics feel better than ever in a GT game.. If only Sony would pull their head out their ass and let Pro owners play the whole game in VR. blegh.

Going by comments from KUNOS and Slightly Mad we'd likely also be able to get VR versions of Asseto Corsa and Project Cars if they allowed that.

Anyone tested out the F1500T? I'd like to know if the car still tries to kill you in top end of 3rd gear mid corner.

Tire model won't get rid of that. You have to adjust your driving style. It's trying to simulate 80's turbo lag with high boost pressure. Why racing cars from that era are so notorious such as the Peugeot 205 T16.

Once the turbo spools up it kicks in super hard and if you are aren't planted or up to speed when this happens you're dead. So to combat this you need to drive permanently in the upper rev limit so you are always using the turbo. Also learning to hold just before where the boost kicks in on technical tracks or exiting slow corners, If you do it right you shouldn't have any problem.

Last edited:

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about getting a Fanatec CSL Elite set for this game (with the McLaren GT3 wheel). Anyone have any insight for this set? Im also going to use it with pCars 2, F1 and AC:C whenever that comes out.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There should be an option to time trial the dailies in VR, exact car, exact power, exact tires etc.

In other news I tanked my C controller rating to D because I switched to a wheel, but slowly getting used too, though the weekly rotation sucks, hope they revert it.

OP
OP
Niks

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or decals and liveries in general took a massive hit? The look super blurry now?

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are there new weekly races today? I'm getting tired of the same race against renaults over and over

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
At the following time, we will perform maintenance on the 'Gran Turismo Sport' servers. A new game update will also be available after the maintenance. Please note that during this time the online services, including [Sport Mode], will not be available.

[Day & Time]
7 August, 2018, 04:00 – 06:00 UTC

* The above time is subject to change.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
New patch coming. GT Planet speculate it's to fix the Merc W08 in time for the next FIA event.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
So i just bought this as it was only £11 and i finished forza 7......so far i have very mixed inital impressions.

But one thing my brain cant get is how terrible the chase cam is. It feels off. Like im steering the track as opposed to the car. The car feels like its completely fixed and only the road moves. Is there any way i can fix this? Also cant you add braking colours to the driveline?

Sorry this is my first GT since number 3. Im sure i seen drivlines with blue and red to brake in previous GT games videos.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i just bought this as it was only £11 and i finished forza 7......so far i have very mixed inital impressions.

But one thing my brain cant get is how terrible the chase cam is. It feels off. Like im steering the track as opposed to the car. The car feels like its completely fixed and only the road moves. Is there any way i can fix this? Also cant you add braking colours to the driveline?

Sorry this is my first GT since number 3. Im sure i seen drivlines with blue and red to brake in previous GT games videos.

Switch to bonnet cam as GT is clearly designed around this and turn off the line. You will get significantly better at the games. If you really struggle with judging corners use the cone option (double cone is the braking marker).