• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
So i just bought this as it was only £11 and i finished forza 7......so far i have very mixed inital impressions.

But one thing my brain cant get is how terrible the chase cam is. It feels off. Like im steering the track as opposed to the car. The car feels like its completely fixed and only the road moves. Is there any way i can fix this? Also cant you add braking colours to the driveline?

Sorry this is my first GT since number 3. Im sure i seen drivlines with blue and red to brake in previous GT games videos.
If you want to play in Forza style chase cam, this is what I do.

Pause during a race > Options > Advanced Settings > Adjust Chase View Camera

Set Chase View Camera Sensitivity to 0.0
Set Chase View Rotation Axis Offset to 0
Set Chase View Distance to Near

This is the closest you'll get to a Forza style camera. That being said, the game is built around Bumper Cam or Bonnet / Roof Cam.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
BoP changes with the latest update... ouch

Gr.3 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 106% > 105%]
・BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery '16 [Power Ratio : 96% > 95%]
・BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport) '16 [Power Ratio : 96% > 95%]
・BMW Z4 GT3 '11 [Power Ratio : 105% > 104%]
・Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 103% > 102%]
・Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 [Power Ratio : 83% > 82%]
・Ford Mustang Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 109% > 108%]
・Ford Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car [Power Ratio : 92% > 91%]
・Jaguar F-type Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 101% > 102%]
・Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT3 (AMG-Team HTP-Motorsport) '16 [Power Ratio : 91% > 92%]
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 108% > 107%]
・Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 [Power Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3 '16 [Power Ratio : 100% > 99%]
・Toyota Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) [Weight Reduction Ratio : 103% > 102%]

Gr.4 Class
・Audi TT Cup '16 [Power Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Citroën GT by Citroën Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 94% > 93%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 111% > 112%]
・Dodge Viper Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 93% > 92%]
・Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 100% > 99%]
・honda NSX Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 107% > 108%]
・Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 106% > 105%]
・Peugeot RCZ Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 109% > 110%]
・Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 110% > 109%]
・Renault Sport Mégane Trophy [Weight Reduction Ratio : 113% > 115%]

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Megane Trophy getting hit with the nerf bat again. I do think they should bump its power up 1% to give it better straight line speed.

Glad to see the secret best car SLS AMG Gr. 3 got no changes.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
BoP changes with the latest update... ouch

Gr.3 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 106% > 105%]
・BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery '16 [Power Ratio : 96% > 95%]
・BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport) '16 [Power Ratio : 96% > 95%]
・BMW Z4 GT3 '11 [Power Ratio : 105% > 104%]
・Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 103% > 102%]
・Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 [Power Ratio : 83% > 82%]
・Ford Mustang Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 109% > 108%]
・Ford Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car [Power Ratio : 92% > 91%]
・Jaguar F-type Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 101% > 102%]
・Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT3 (AMG-Team HTP-Motorsport) '16 [Power Ratio : 91% > 92%]
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 108% > 107%]
・Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 [Power Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3 '16 [Power Ratio : 100% > 99%]
・Toyota Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) [Weight Reduction Ratio : 103% > 102%]

Gr.4 Class
・Audi TT Cup '16 [Power Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Citroën GT by Citroën Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 94% > 93%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 111% > 112%]
・Dodge Viper Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 93% > 92%]
・Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 100% > 99%]
・honda NSX Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 107% > 108%]
・Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 106% > 105%]
・Peugeot RCZ Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 109% > 110%]
・Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 110% > 109%]
・Renault Sport Mégane Trophy [Weight Reduction Ratio : 113% > 115%]
Both Vipers got nerfed yet the 911 gets a boost? Do PD not check the Top 10 for the dailies? The Viper has never topped a daily.

And in what world is the Gr4 Ferrari needing a nerf?

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017

This is the closest you'll get to a Forza style camera. That being said, the game is built around Bumper Cam or Bonnet / Roof Cam.
Thanks for this. I'll give that a try. I take u dont get a free camera with the right stick either? Just used for rear view?

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for this. I'll give that a try. I take u dont get a free camera with the right stick either? Just used for rear view?
Yeah rear view only.

To add, you can change the Rotation Centre Offset to make the car swing off centre a bit, but I don't like how it looks in GT.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Both Vipers got nerfed yet the 911 gets a boost? Do PD not check the Top 10 for the dailies? The Viper has never topped a daily.

And in what world is the Gr4 Ferrari needing a nerf?

Yeah, my first thought exactly man. The Gr.3 was bad enough, but now the Gr.4? The 458 is far from dominating anything in Gr.4, just bizarre decisions all around on that update.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The really need to re-add the ability to spin the chase-cam with the right hand stick, that existed in the beta, and exists in every other racing game.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Finally after a few hours of grinding the same race over and over I've unlocked the F1 Car, god I wish consoles were more like PCs or older gens where I could just download game saves, I'm never going to get to drive the 20 Million cars at this point. Anyway, car looks great, was so hard to control the backend, kept spinning out, luckily found a setup over on GTPlanet which made it much easier to drive.

W0mNIFW.gif

Deleted member 28307

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The really need to re-add the ability to spin the chase-cam with the right hand stick, that existed in the beta, and exists in every other racing game.

They seem to decide these things on whether they think its an unfair advantage or not... just like theres no mirror on hood/roof cam.

This was their explanation:

"GTP: Why is there no rear-view mirror available in the "roof view"?

KY: There is no real technical reason why it is not there, but the roof view is easier to drive with. It might be unfair if [a rear-view mirror] was there. If you make the view too easy for people to use, everyone might just be using that view."

They allowed the rotation on the beta for testing and since chase cam gives the most view around you, im sure they use the same principle of unfair advantage.

They're wrong and its stupid as shit though.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any top racers that use the chase cam? I've always deemed it useless in terms of looking at your points as you end up looking at the car to see its position rather than where you want to be going. Plus you don't get any of visual feedback that is similar to a real car in chase cam.

Deleted member 28307

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Are there any top racers that use the chase cam? I've always deemed it useless in terms of looking at your points as you end up looking at the car to see its position rather than where you want to be going. Plus you don't get any of visual feedback that is similar to a real car in chase cam.

Your common sense is irrelevant this is PD

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even with the BOP changes GR4 is still a Megane-fest. What's the point anymore when these races are all pretty much on-make races?

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They seem to decide these things on whether they think its an unfair advantage or not... just like theres no mirror on hood/roof cam.

How very Polyphony, but it's so prevalent on other racing games it just feels broken without it, it almost defeats the purpose of having your own custom livery if you can never spin around your car to see it.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Even with the BOP changes GR4 is still a Megane-fest. What's the point anymore when these races are all pretty much on-make races?
The FIA manufacturers series tonight was very even actually, 7 different manufacturers in the first 7 places and the highest Mégane was 9th. More likely that people don't like the RS01 so didn't go with Renault but it was a surprise to see.

RounD

Oct 29, 2017
Finally after a few hours of grinding the same race over and over I've unlocked the F1 Car, god I wish consoles were more like PCs or older gens where I could just download game saves, I'm never going to get to drive the 20 Million cars at this point. Anyway, car looks great, was so hard to control the backend, kept spinning out, luckily found a setup over on GTPlanet which made it much easier to drive.

W0mNIFW.gif

Can you feel the DRS do anything and what was the tune?

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017

W0mNIFW.gif
Can you share a link to that tune?

And that gif is amazing.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Can you share a link to that tune?

And that gif is amazing.
Can you feel the DRS do anything and what was the tune?

I'm not sure whether it was the A.I. being slow but on some of the straights it did seem like the car was much faster then the one in front, although I only did a handful of laps around the Nurburgring GP circuit, didn't test it out much.
I don't have the PS4 on at the moment but it was either the first or the one posted later in the thread, I'm pretty sure it was the first though. Helped a lot controlling the car, was using the pad.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mercedes-f1-w08-tuning.380521/

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Just got this as I had to renew my PS+ and so I got the Digital Deluxe for £19. Played all GT games except 6 as I sold my PS3 for a PS4 when it came out.
So far I am enjoying it and it oozes class. Took a little while to get used to the feel of the cars after playing Horizon and Forza games almost exclusively the last 4 years. Game looks good but suffers from low quality reflections (when in cockpit view it's really obvious) and some of the sky boxes are very lo res (playing on PS4 Pro). The cars look great and the HDR is really nice. The menu's are slick and I really like the music. Completed the Beginner and Intermediate Training (?) with all gold. Certainly easier than I thought they would be. Halfway through the challenges and Circuit tests. Need to spend a bit more time but in, I guess 10 or 12 hours made nearly a million. Shame there's a dearth of cars but I'm hopeful more will be added.
Having fun.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure whether it was the A.I. being slow but on some of the straights it did seem like the car was much faster then the one in front, although I only did a handful of laps around the Nurburgring GP circuit, didn't test it out much.
I don't have the PS4 on at the moment but it was either the first or the one posted later in the thread, I'm pretty sure it was the first though. Helped a lot controlling the car, was using the pad.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mercedes-f1-w08-tuning.380521/
Thanks, man.

Mush

Nov 1, 2017
Man, between getting driven off the road last night losing like 5 spots as a result during the FIA Nations Cup race on the last lap and the change to the "Daily" Races my desire to play this game is at an all time low. I golded all the Mission Challenges just this week too. :/

RounD

Oct 29, 2017
The F1 in VR is so much fun! Feels easier to drive too. The visual downgrade is a shame but the feel of the elevation changes is incredible. Tracks feel completely different.
If only it didnt give me motion sickness, I can only do maybe 4 laps before I have to take off the headset. T.T

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
The F1 in VR is so much fun! Feels easier to drive too. The visual downgrade is a shame but the feel of the elevation changes is incredible. Tracks feel completely different.
If only it didnt give me motion sickness, I can only do maybe 4 laps before I have to take off the headset. T.T
Damn sorry to hear it makes you sick bud, that must suck :-( And yeah, its weird how different tracks look and feel in VR, Laguna Seca would be awesome to experience :-)

You gonna return for the endurance season 3?

OP
OP
Niks

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Nice work GTace. Did you reupload the liveries after the latest patch?

Those Mclaren liveries look kinda blurry?

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017

I've been playing with chase cam the last couple of days to try and grind another 20m for another one of those rare beasts and, to be honest, I'm quicker. This is how I used to play Gran Turismo back on PS1 and PS2 and it's like a duck to water to me. Not only that, it's a lot of fun using chase cam too, especially those Ferrari 458's.

Yeah, really nice work.

Glad you have the patience to play around with the editor. I tried it again last night and it's a nightmare. I think it's awful.

Why can't we have a 2D sketch pad for designing decals for application?

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
So I did the FIA championship races last night and both were eventful but thankfully better than my previous round!

The manufacturers race was GR3 around St. Croix B and I found I really like this track - I qualified in 5th against DR S and A ranked drivers but the guy ahead of me flunked his start and I went into the back of him and got spun - by the time I got to the first bend I was dead last in 20th. I managed to fight back through the pack to finish 7th, having a race long battle with the guy who started 3rd and was also trying to claw his way through. Certainly one of the most entertaining races I've had in a while :-)

I had a similar run in the nations cup, as one of the few non-megane runners I was up against it but the Citroen was noticeably quicker on the straights, just suffered in the corners. I had a bad qualifying and was down in 14th but was capable of putting a top 6 time in so knew I was capable of moving up. It was going ok and I was into the top ten when I had a brain fade at the pitstop and accidentally clicked on do not refuel! Had enough fuel to manage another lap but was up against it and had picked up 2.5 seconds in time penalties too for corner cutting - still managed to climb back up to tenth again by the end but it could've been better.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
Nice work GTace. Did you reupload the liveries after the latest patch?

Those Mclaren liveries look kinda blurry?
Thanks! Nah I haven't yet, didn't bother.
I've been playing with chase cam the last couple of days to try and grind another 20m for another one of those rare beasts and, to be honest, I'm quicker. This is how I used to play Gran Turismo back on PS1 and PS2 and it's like a duck to water to me. Not only that, it's a lot of fun using chase cam too, especially those Ferrari 458's.

Yeah, really nice work.

Glad you have the patience to play around with the editor. I tried it again last night and it's a nightmare. I think it's awful.

Why can't we have a 2D sketch pad for designing decals for application?
Thanks! Well, you can create decals on PC, if you can handle vector files.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
I think the Merc W08 is still broken. Admittedly the only other frame of reference I have is the V8 F1 car from PCars2, but the Merc seems ridiculously unstable at low speeds, especially in 2nd gear. First corner at Nurburgring and even the AI are spinning out.

I take that corner in 2nd then 9/10 I spin out. Yet if I take it at the same speed but in 3rd gear, everything is fine. That doesn't make any sense to me.

The SMS V8 is nowhere near as unstable at low speeds or on curbs. The Merc W08 gives you no warning—it's just goes. Very frustrating.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
I think the Merc W08 is still broken. Admittedly the only other frame of reference I have is the V8 F1 car from PCars2, but the Merc seems ridiculously unstable at low speeds, especially in 2nd gear. First corner at Nurburgring and even the AI are spinning out.

I take that corner in 2nd then 9/10 I spin out. Yet if I take it at the same speed but in 3rd gear, everything is fine. That doesn't make any sense to me.

The SMS V8 is nowhere near as unstable at low speeds or on curbs. The Merc W08 gives you no warning—it's just goes. Very frustrating.

I've not tried the car since the update but not spinning in 3rd rather than 2nd does make sense, the higher gear lowers the torque delivery to the rears.... Unless you've not got any accelateror on, where i I guess there will still be more engine braking than in 3rd but you wouldn't expect it to make that much difference. Are you talking about free wheeling through the corner or accelerating out?

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
I've not tried the car since the update but not spinning in 3rd rather than 2nd does make sense, the higher gear lowers the torque delivery to the rears.... Unless you've not got any accelateror on, where i I guess there will still be more engine braking than in 3rd but you wouldn't expect it to make that much difference. Are you talking about free wheeling through the corner or accelerating out?
I'm freewheeling through the first corner, that's why I'm flummoxed. Unless of course, this is a characteristic of the V6TH? I'm just surprised I'm finding the W08 in GTS more difficult to drive than the V8 in pCars 2.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've been using the W08 on Dragontrail Seaside for a couple hours now. Was able to get a 1:13.085 default tune and assists off outside of TC set to 5 (should've been in the 1:12.700 range but I messed up the final corner).

Compared to the F1500T-A, the W08 is really fun to drive as the shifting is much smoother across the board. I'll probably try it on Suzuka next, but so far I'm digging the W08 on Dragontrail Seaside.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
I've been using the W08 on Dragontrail Seaside for a couple hours now. Was able to get a 1:13.085 default tune and assists off outside of TC set to 5 (should've been in the 1:12.700 range but I messed up the final corner).

Compared to the F1500T-A, the W08 is really fun to drive as the shifting is much smoother across the board. I'll probably try it on Suzuka next, but so far I'm digging the W08 on Dragontrail Seaside.
I find the F1500T-A to be much more predictable in comparison to the W08. That's not to say is better to drive, but definitely more predictable and better in slower corners.

RounD

Oct 29, 2017
First FIA win! Only 442 points, lol

Damn sorry to hear it makes you sick bud, that must suck :-( And yeah, its weird how different tracks look and feel in VR, Laguna Seca would be awesome to experience :-)

You gonna return for the endurance season 3?

I really want Laguna Seca or Spa if they do another track update. I want to do the races but Summer time is a bit short here in the PNW so I have to enjoy the sun while I can.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I find the F1500T-A to be much more predictable in comparison to the W08. That's not to say is better to drive, but definitely more predictable and better in slower corners.

I've been driving the W08 more, managed a 1:12.954 on Dragon Trail Seaside.

After spending more time with it, the W08 is definitely easier to predict and correct any mistakes you make compared to the F1500T-A. I'm starting to like it a lot more overall.