• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RounD

Oct 29, 2017
7gcce8trfso11.jpg

Saw this on reddit. Looks cool in the picture but man thats super close to the tv!

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
7gcce8trfso11.jpg

Saw this on reddit. Looks cool in the picture but man thats super close to the tv!
Maybe this response is a bit late, but ....about it looking very close:
After a discussion with Petran, in which I said that Forza only feels faster than GTS because they use a stupid high degree FOV that has the negative side effect of distorting the distances of objects (more about this is here for example if you're interested), he didn't believe me, I then did my best to estimate both FOVs by comparing screenshots with the same picture taken in Assetto Corsa multiple times but with different FOV settings, to then find out which pictures AC FOVs match the Forza and GTS FOVs the best. Turns out, both games use a vertical FOV of about 55° (give or take 3° maybe), meaning that I was wrong and both are similar. (link to my summary post)

Anyway, a 55° vertical FOV means that to have no distortion of the distances and the in-game distances feeling like an extension of what you see around you (basically making your TV a window), you would need to be sitting 59cm away from a 50 inch TV. Take 10cm distance from the TV in your pic to the guy's wheel, then maybe 40cm arm length from body to the wheel and 10cm of a laid-back body position in his seat and the guy's doing it as mathematically correct as you can in GTS (unless I'm judging his TV size wrong).

Moving your wheel as close to the TV as you can, if you don't use triple-screens or VR, is very typical for sim racers.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.... so I did buy a HDR TV just for GT.

It's amazing.

I also just won my first online race after starting from last position.

This game man.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... So a Livery I was always using disappeared from my collection and now I can´t find it in the store (or whatever)

Can the original author just remove a livery and it´s gone for everybody? Is that what´s happening here?

kbabzp.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
I don't really love Catalunya, but a FIA sponsored game needs more FIA tracks.

Know the layout with my eyes closed, but hopfully we also get like the MotoGP layout without that shit chicane at the end.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Spa is never coming at this point. I don't really know Catalunya, but I'll take it over another DT Gardens.

Daverytimes

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll ready for the European finals? I feel like there should be a thread for it, though I haven't been following things too closely here.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching the European finals.

Good stuff. The english commentators did a really good job.

Do we know when we will get Catalunya?

7422513834620912140_0.jpg

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I'm super pissed at the FIa Championship. For the first time I am awake and at home so decided to race it. Did a free practice, about 9 minutes in Nurburgring. Race starts, qualifying has 15 minutes only. How am I supposed to get a time if in lap + lap will be 18 minutes? So I just don't qualify. Most other drivers did th qualifying (what magic is that?') so I ended starting in 13th (from 16?). My time from practice should put me between 5th-7th. Race starts, I am cautious, gain some positions quite easily and then after a big crash involving 4 cars I was in 8th, with 2 cars few seconds ahead of me. I overtake both of them, 6th - this is about 3/4 of a lap... then I manage to get within 2 seconds to the 5th, but the lap is finishing... I went to pit. Why did I go to pit? Because my car needed some fixing but specially because before entering the competition it said the race would last 40 minutes. In the middle of the pit, with my gas already full, I realized it's a 2 lap race. Wtf. 40 minutes was the total time of the event... Fuck fuck fuck. Lost places, came out of pit in 9th I think, completely lost focus, crashed alone 4 times, ended in 12th. It was supposed to be a great first race :(

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
No real news for the monthly update ?

We will get Catalunya F1 track, Subaru 22B, Maserati GranTurismo S... that's about all we know so far ?

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
1st is an Audi, 2nd a Mini, 4th an old Skyline, 7th a dope car that I forgot the name, 8th an old car.

My completely uneducated guesses.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish duplicates weren't allowed in daily rewards, at least until you have already got all the cars once. I've never gotten any of the high value cars like the old ferrari or jaguar, and I have sometimes 4 duplicates of some cheap shit.

Deleted member 11426

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
I wish duplicates weren't allowed in daily rewards, at least until you have already got all the cars once. I've never gotten any of the high value cars like the old ferrari or jaguar, and I have sometimes 4 duplicates of some cheap shit.

I've lost interest in the daily rewards because they are mostly duplicates I just delete immediately. I'm only at like 135 cars too including the mileage exchange versions.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've lost interest in the daily rewards because they are mostly duplicates I just delete immediately. I'm only at like 135 cars too including the mileage exchange versions.

I feel compelled to keep them up to try to get those super expensive classic cars, as my chances of rolling them will go down every time they update and add more cars!

I did outright buy that F1 car though, now I'm broke, and it feels awfully low / difficult to see with in VR

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
By far the biggest complaint I have about this game is that you can't control the view when looking at cars. Instead you have to wait through a bunch of shots that don't even give a whole view of the car. Even the cars I've purchased I can't easily look at. Am I missing something? Camera control, or at least skipping through the pre-made angles, seems like such a basic thing.

MGR

Oct 27, 2017
By far the biggest complaint I have about this game is that you can't control the view when looking at cars. Instead you have to wait through a bunch of shots that don't even give a whole view of the car. Even the cars I've purchased I can't easily look at. Am I missing something? Camera control, or at least skipping through the pre-made angles, seems like such a basic thing.

There's a preview mode in the livery editor where you can rotate the camera view with the two sticks and zoom using L2/R2.

Deleted member 11426

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
Monaco is the worst. I've only raced it in f1 games, but I doubt it's much better in slower cars. There's plenty of better real world or FIA tracks to add for better online racing than this.

Oct 26, 2017
I think if it was anything other than either Monaco or maybe an old fictional GT course like Deep Forest, it would be made the final race instead of the first N class one.
Something from the first 3 games at least, I suppose Seattle that was spotted in the old preview event could still show up at some point!

Last edited: