• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Nico is fast but has had quite a few of these mistakes when it counts. Still, he got through in the repechage.

Do these races matter for sundays races?

Yes, they were races to set the finals. The top 6 in the semi final races and the top 4 in the repechage all advance to it.

wait. did they unveil a new track?

congrats man. game looks glorious with HDR. lovely stuff.

Not today at least. The tracks used were Lake Maggiore, Dragon Trail and Red Bull Ring. The finals are Sunday, so it may be unveiled there.

Last edited:

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
New track will be Tokyo Expressway layout - South Inner Loop

whatsapp-image-2018-11-15-at-10-29-54-jpeg.780173

Oh, and Ferrari F50 is coming.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, the Nissan ran out of gas on the final stretch of the Ring as it was battling it out for the 2nd position. Ended up dropping down 10th as it had to coast across the line. This was for the manufacturers cup finals. Top 3 were

1.) Lexus
2.) Toyota
3.) Aston Martin

Oct 27, 2017

Here I am, drumming my fingers in anticipation for this thing. It's easily my favorite of the super Ferraris, and it being relegated to living in the shadow of its predecessor has always stuck in my craw. The F40, legendary as it is, can still suck it.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New track map:

screenshot_20181118-173548-png.780772

I was pessimistic upon first hearing it would be a new Tokyo layout but it actually looks interesting.

I hope it's also available in reverse because looking at the map it looks like it has the potential to be one of the tracks that has a better flow in reverse than it does the normal way round, especially turns 11 through to 16.

Fingers crossed it isn't the only new track we get in the next update as well.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got a g29 on Black Friday, game is so much more fun now! (My times are a tad slower, but working on that)

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
GlamFM fancy joining us for the off-season mini championship? It's good fun and we're finding it to be a good way to get to grips with cars on the lower end of the power spectrum.

Invite extends to everyone else reading this as well!

CassiusClay99

Oct 28, 2017
I fail to see the point of the FIA deal: i can see no mention of GTS on the FIA website, and nothing on any major videogame website either.

Isn't it a bit weird? What is exactly the point of this championship if noone talks about it? Must cost a fortune to organize...but for what purpose?

I can't help seeing this as a failure and waste of money... am i missing something? Is there more to see that i don't see? Honest question.

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
So was running qualifying around Nurb 24hr this morning using the BMW M3 and got a time of 8:50. Think I'm being a bit too cautious. Is tuning allowed on these daily races or is everything just BoP'd?

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
So was running qualifying around Nurb 24hr this morning using the BMW M3 and got a time of 8:50. Think I'm being a bit too cautious. Is tuning allowed on these daily races or is everything just BoP'd?
There's only been one race I've ever seen allowing tuning, that being Gr.1 round La Sarthe.

And yeah, you're totally cautious. I'm doing an 8:18 in the 911 and Viper for quali. That's still way off the 7:54 top time using the Toyota Supra Gr3.

TheMilkGuy

Oct 27, 2017
I wish your nationality was not tied to the PSN account. I created mine when there was no PSN in Brazil, and now I can't change it. I have a BR account, but I would have to buy the game again (no problem there, actually), and subscribe to PSPlus as well.
You don't need to buy the game again, all yout other accounts can play online, as long as your PS4 is the primary console of your PSN+ account. Only the cloud saves are tied to your psn+ account. My kid plays online and his account does not have psn+.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I must admit I was a bit bummed when I found out that would "only" get a new (two actually) Tokyo Layout.
But I was wrong.
Both layouts are fantastic and easily the best Tokyo Layouts we have.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017

Incredible update, all the new cars are great (except the first BMW, a bit boring) and I can't wait to take some photos of them in Scapes.

Every now and then I spend a few hours taking photos in there and then I export to use it as my notebooks wallpaper. It's nice when some says my wallpaper is great and cant believe it was made (partially) in a videogame.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to get hands on with the update. I'll be finally takes some race pics on that new Tokyo layout. As for cars, I need them (could do without the E92 M3)

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
I must admit I was a bit bummed when I found out that would "only" get a new (two actually) Tokyo Layout.
But I was wrong.
Both layouts are fantastic and easily the best Tokyo Layouts we have.

Yeah I wasn't all that excited for them. Actually driving them completely changed my mind though. They have the old Special Stage Route flow to them. They're some of the best fictional layouts in the game now.

1G0iGgO.gif

RounD

Oct 29, 2017
From reddit;

I liked the other tokyo layouts and these two new ones are definitely a nice addition

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I fail to see the point of the FIA deal: i can see no mention of GTS on the FIA website, and nothing on any major videogame website either.

Isn't it a bit weird? What is exactly the point of this championship if noone talks about it? Must cost a fortune to organize...but for what purpose?

I can't help seeing this as a failure and waste of money... am i missing something? Is there more to see that i don't see? Honest question.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nice... but I can see no mention of that in the FIA website.

https://www.fia.com/news/fias-fanfare-champions-saint-petersburg

Or in any medias.

I don't think this is enough to put GTS under the spotlights... do you?

I feel all this FIA thing is not worth it... don't you?

Worth it? Worth it to who exactly? This is the first year the event has run and the winners of the competition were invited to the annual FIA awards ceremony and received trophies in front of the motorsports community. They shared a stage with the likes of Lewis Hamilton and meanwhile you're sat behind a screen saying "not worth it".

The finalists from Japan were invited to visit Toyota's motorsports division:

screenshot_2018-11-25-21-01-21-330_com-twitter-android-png.782495

That level of exposure for the guys who busted their arses to get to the finals and perform well is "not worth it"?

This many people tuned in to watch the events:

To all the people who tuned in to watch : "not worth it"

What other virtual racing title gets stage time at the FIA annual awards ceremony? What other virtual racing title gets that many viewers for their events?

Why don't you tell us what your expectations were and why it's disappointed you rather than ask a bunch of ridiculous leading questions?

Last edited:

CassiusClay99

Oct 28, 2017
Worth it? Worth it to who exactly? This is the first year the event has run and the winners of the competition were invited to the annual FIA awards ceremony and received trophies in front of the motorsports community. They shared a stage with the likes of Lewis Hamilton and meanwhile you're sat behind a screen saying "not worth it".

The finalists from Japan were invited to visit Toyota's motorsports division:

screenshot_2018-11-25-21-01-21-330_com-twitter-android-png.782495

That level of exposure for the guys who busted their arses to get to the finals and perform well is "not worth it"?

This many people tuned in to watch the events:

To all the people who tuned in to watch : "not worth it"

What other virtual racing title gets stage time at the FIA annual awards ceremony? What other virtual racing title gets that many viewers for their events?

Why don't you tell us what your expectations were and why it's disappointed you rather than ask a bunch of ridiculous leading questions?

Come on man... why are you trying to make me look supid? Tells more about you than about me.

Worth it like it: "DOES IT SELL MORE GAMES ?" for instance.
Last time I checked, PD was a game developer... all the money, time, human ressources invested in this competition is supposed to bring something back. media coverage for example, more sales, positive buzz, etc...

From what i see, there isn't much media coverage about all this and noone of my friends -who play CG- ever heard about this. So the question is all but ridiculous. How does that investment pay?
We are on Resetera here, not on PD official forum...(that does not exist btw). We are allowed to question business and strategic decisions...even when they are PD's.

Now, if you can't spare me your condescending/defensive tone (do you work for PD ? if not, what the hell?) , don't even bother answering my question.

Last edited:

RounD

Oct 29, 2017

Dude, look how you are framing your questions.

I fail to see the point..
Isnt it weird.. whats the point.. must cost a fortune..
I cant help seeing this as a failure and waste of money..

I just simply ignored it but GHG has been one to actually give you any info with some numbers.

I'm not sure what kind of responses you are looking for here.

Esports for racing seem to be where PD want to spend time in. From their GT Academy stint to this new FIA mode championships. And for their first FIA championship I thought it went well. The races were pretty good, engaging with some slight drama and not a complete shit show.
I'm not sure how it will go in the future, whether it grows/gets better from here but I dont see it as a bad start. They are brand building and developing relationships with the motorsport community/FIA.

I know I had a blast with GT Academy (with dreams of making it to silverstone) but now Im older and dont have the time for the FIA stuff. Did you not see a point to the GT Academy stuff either? That must have cost a lot of money as well.

But they are engaging players that push themselves to the top of the leaderboards, to reward them with a world championship and maybe a chance to fulfill a dream of being a real racer. All from playing on your couch.

Last edited: