• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
aOHhZTz.jpg

tqJU8TL.jpg

uI1leoH.png

PTTuoKe.jpg

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Nice pics!

I think this is my favourite update because the physics improvement makes it much more enjoyable to drive. I hardly play anymore but this weekend I put in some 2000km! I have a total driven distance of 65,000km.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice pics!

I think this is my favourite update because the physics improvement makes it much more enjoyable to drive. I hardly play anymore but this weekend I put in some 2000km! I have a total driven distance of 65,000km.
I noticed cars on soft tires are waaaaay better. Before it felt like I was driving on ice but now it's feels way better.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Anybody doing the upcoming FIA series'? I went with McLaren for the manufacturer series again. It's pretty a uncommon choice judging by the last exhibition series. But maybe more people will pick it with the recently updated physics.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody doing the upcoming FIA series'? I went with McLaren for the manufacturer series again. It's pretty a uncommon choice judging by the last exhibition series. But maybe more people will pick it with the recently updated physics.
Yup, I was with McLaren for a long while and I enjoyed my time with them well enough. I only really focus on Gr3.

In this last exhibition block I picked Ferrari and regretted it a lot. Your tense the entire time because the handling especially with tire wear was very unpredictable. Didn't participate in most of the season, didn't even care I'd lose my S/S rating.

Now I'm with Mercedes and it's very popular so my goal is to get back my S/S rating.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I was with McLaren for a long while and I enjoyed my time with them well enough. I only really focus on Gr3.

In this last exhibition block I picked Ferrari and regretted it a lot. Your tense the entire time because the handling especially with tire wear was very unpredictable. Didn't participate in most of the season, didn't even care I'd lose my S/S rating.

I've heard tire wear on MR cars is improved with the last patch, but I've yet to really test that out. The Ferrari does seem less twitchy now in the few laps I did.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a fun VR session on Nurburg with the Porsche 911. Honestly really happy with the way this new update turned out. They really seemed to have fixed sport tires on the cars. They are actually fun to drive now with a good bit of challenge. Before I would always put racing on my cars because sports always felt like you were driving on ice.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
The first two rounds of the FIA manufacturers series weren't that great for me. I don't really do well on the GT original/fictional circuits. Ended up with a best finish of P6 in both races. I need to get a handle on the tire strategy, I could've gotten P5 in the second race but when I went for the undercut I ended up getting stuck behind guys with old tires.

Also, here's my McLaren racers:

Mc-Laren-Team-Girls-Frontline.png

They're both still pretty basic liveries even after a couple of hours of work. But I'm enjoying the editor, probably the best livery editor anywhere.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
They're both still pretty basic liveries even after a couple of hours of work. But I'm enjoying the editor, probably the best livery editor anywhere.
The decal uploader feature is a game changer. I remember when PlayStation Access mentioned the feature a month or two before the game released, and we all thought something got lost in translation because it would have been too good. But PD actually delivered.

Nice designs! I only do replicas because I have no imagination whatsoever, and I enjoy getting close to the real deals as much as possible

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
On Sunday night at 8pm UK time we'll be having a Resetera race night - we're trying something a bit different to the usual GR3 & 4 endurance race competitions we run.

So the event is for Ferrari's and will consist of 4 x 5 lap races with a reverse grid based on the previous race results. The classes will be N400, N500, N600 and N800 - with tuning you can get a single car to cover 3 of those categories or you can opt for a different car each race.

There's no tyre wear or fuel consumption and the tyres will be sports softs.

This is a chance to race with good, clean racers without the stress and hassle of sport mode SR & DR penalties - you don't need to be the fastest, just a fair racer.

Send me a pm, or PSN friend request if you're interested in taking part. Depending on interest we might just make it an open lobby (with some SR restrictions).

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Three of my liveries got featured in the Discover section of the game :D That explains sudden rise in notifications I was getting in the last few days

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
I've just jumped into GT Sport, don't really have any desire to play online so just enjoying the offline portion, however I have a question regards events, do you not get car rewards anymore for winning events? I did the Redbull X1 junior event, got gold on all tracks but got nothing, then I tried the Clubman cup, got gold there and got nothing, tried one more and also got nothing. The old games use to give you a car when you completed these, am I doing something wrong?

I've pretty much just been playing missions now, completed all the licenses and am on 78% mission completion and 60% track completion just because you get rewarded when you get golds and the cars I've got have been pretty awesome. Would be a bit of a let down to not get any rewards in the event races.

Edit - I seem to have found the answer, that is quite dissapointing.

Last edited:

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I've just jumped into GT Sport, don't really have any desire to play online so just enjoying the offline portion, however I have a question regards events, do you not get car rewards anymore for winning events? I did the Redbull X1 junior event, got gold on all tracks but got nothing, then I tried the Clubman cup, got gold there and got nothing, tried one more and also got nothing. The old games use to give you a car when you completed these, am I doing something wrong?

I've pretty much just been playing missions now, completed all the licenses and am on 78% mission completion and 60% track completion just because you get rewarded when you get golds and the cars I've got have been pretty awesome. Would be a bit of a let down to not get any rewards in the event races.

Edit - I seem to have found the answer, that is quite dissapointing.
Compared to old games they add new races each update, that's why there's no overall prize car(s).
You still win tons. I have 483 cars, of which only 143 are bought (and I must have missed at least 100 daily marathons).

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
In case anyone is interested, The racing game podcast I'm part of interviewed Jordan Greer (head of GTPlanet) about the site and the impact Gran Turismo has had on the industry overall. As someone who runs the biggest racing game fansite in the world, he's pretty buddy buddy with Sony and Polyphony. As far as he's concerned the next Gran Turismo is expected to be more like older games (90:30) rather than Sport. Perhaps the Esports element will simply become a mode in a "GT 7".

https://soundcloud.com/timeextend/017-fantastic-planet

benzy

Oct 25, 2017

In case anyone is interested, The racing game podcast I'm part of interviewed Jordan Greer (head of GTPlanet) about the site and the impact Gran Turismo has had on the industry overall. As someone who runs the biggest racing game fansite in the world, he's pretty buddy buddy with Sony and Polyphony. As far as he's concerned the next Gran Turismo is expected to be more like older games (90:30) rather than Sport. Perhaps the Esports element will simply become a mode in a "GT 7".

https://soundcloud.com/timeextend/017-fantastic-planet

Yea, Kaz has mentioned GT7 will be more like a traditional GT, but Sport will remain a huge component going forward.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Man that was an intense final. Nico Rubilar finally didn't bottle it. You could tell how cut Mik Hizal was getting 2nd again.

Also, we're 4 more cars down the track (new Red Bull X2014 variant, Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary, and a Lancia Stratos appeared in the background).

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Anyone else having trouble with PSVR? For whatever reason, it kept telling me to put my headset on, even if I launched the game with PSVR already active, or if I turned it on when switching to PSVR mode.

Wonder if its because I have the camera high up for active VR like Beat Saber.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
So apparently there's a leak of some/all of the cars coming in the next update, from them being in the livery/scape Search tags on the granturismo website. They're gone now, but...

Red Bull X2014 Competition
Renault R8 Gordini '66
Honda Fit Hybrid '14
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03
Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
Porsche 962 C '88

Last edited:

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
And apparently Lotus as well, which is almost worse. Polyphony being stingy, basically. I can understand the feeling of not wanting to let Spa dictate the market price, but it's a price they can command, whereas other circuits cannot. So I don't really buy that argument.
I think for me the issue is a potential knock-on effect. What happens if Silverstone or Laguna or other such circuits suddenly start upping their price?

Whilst I love GT fantasy tracks (for the most part), it'd be a much lesser experience without real world tracks.

I support PD not setting a precedent.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I think for me the issue is a potential knock-on effect. What happens if Silverstone or Laguna or other such circuits suddenly start upping their price?

Whilst I love GT fantasy tracks (for the most part), it'd be a much lesser experience without real world tracks.

I support PD not setting a precedent.

I guess I just don't see the knock-on potential. Spa is a top-tier track. If Silverstone or Laguna tried to raise prices, Kaz would walk and find another real circuit at a lower price. There's no shortage of good circuits, but there's only one Spa. They can demand a higher price, and we are the only ones who suffer for PD holding out.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
So, PD changed their rules in Microtransactions. You can now basically buy every car in the game with real money (except those over 10 millions... which is around 10 cars)...

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-psn-store-20190327/

My revulsion for Kaz grows bigger everyday.

The 5+ million priced cars aren't even the best cars, not sure what the big deal is compared to what was already introduced previously. I can still do quick 15 minute races per day and get 300,000 credits easily, and have 5 million+ by the next monthly dlc release.

The other alternative to free monthly cars+tracks is them charging $10 for every monthly DLC content that's released based off the dlc pricing from other devs, in which case I'll pass with the amount of content that's coming out. PD has to pay the dev team somehow for the support they're giving the game.

If they start making it hard af to earn credits than before then I'll start complaining. Otherwise, I don't see how MTX is a more disgusting means of financial support than paid DLC.

Last edited:

BPK

Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing this again, particularly GT League. This is a bit embarrassing, but I can't win a race in the pro league for the life of me. The AI starts 40-50 seconds ahead, and I can never close the gap to secure first. Is it supposed to be this hard? When I googled the issue, most people seem to have the opposite problem: the AI is too easy! Any tips? GT league seems to be the best way to farm credits but I can't win at the pro level for the life of me.