• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
You should be competitive using cars of a similar level. I think the majority of people use cars 2-3 N categories down to maximise earnings. Also bare in mind most events don't have tyre limits so you can run racing tyres while the AI are using Sports tyres that should help

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
"At the end of the month will be held the update that will introduce the Super Formula, the Japanese cousin of Formula 1, on March 29th. As the organizers can sometimes be square on things like the calendar, will we see appear in GTS other Japanese circuits, such as Sugo, Okayama, or Motegi, which are part of the calendar of the Super Formula, but also the Super GT? "​
Yamauchi has a reputation for giving evasive answers. But it was clear.​
-" Of course. The arrival of other Japanese circuits is something we are working on, and it will happen! But before, circuits from other countries will arrive. "​
I specify: - "Like Spa and Silverstone? "​
Answer: "Yes! They will arrive.​
http://www.neitsabes.fr/resume-du-fia-gran-turismo-championship-world-tour-a-paris/

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the leak was for 6 cars not 5?

Ok here's the list...

• Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro 2003
  • Gran Turismo X2014 Competition
  • Honda Fit Hybrid 2014
  • Porsche 962C 1988
  • Renault R8 Gordini 1966
  • Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) 1983

The redbull X2014 Competition is missing. We've seen it used before in an FIA championship race before those cars got leaked, so who knows if PD ever plans on releasing it to the public.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Apologies because I suck at drifting and didn't have time to use the wheel this morning, but it had to be done!

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Just finished the C race with the old F1 car at Brands Hatch. Sweating balls after that one. That car is such a handful with no TC and trying to keep it together for 15 laps, while managing tires and fuel was a lot. Started 2nd and got the lead on the first lap and won the race by 35 seconds. Lapped all the way up to 4th. I was going for fastest lap toward the end and burned more fuel than I thought. Had to go into fuel saving mode starting the final lap, nearly binned it on turn one fucking with my fuel settings. God I wish I could set a race strategy before the race and not have to manually do fuel during pit stops.

They really need to buff credits in sport mode. I drove 15 laps, won the race and only got 120,000 cr. I can get nearly three times that by blasting around Le Mans for two laps against AI. Sport mode should drop the highest Cr. and Xp in the game.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Got the game using credit card points. I could never really justify buying this game considering I had barely put any playing time between GT4 and GT6. The last GT I really played was GT3 and GT Sport is seriously giving me that game kind of retro vibe. It's... such a weird game to be playing in 2019. I guess I'm happy with the single player content due to nostalgia.

I'm also struggling to find matches for the online mode since whenever I go there there's like 15 minutes left before the race begin, I go out for a bit and when I come back the timer has started from the top again.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
Got the game using credit card points. I could never really justify buying this game considering I had barely put any playing time between GT4 and GT6. The last GT I really played was GT3 and GT Sport is seriously giving me that game kind of retro vibe. It's... such a weird game to be playing in 2019. I guess I'm happy with the single player content due to nostalgia.

I'm also struggling to find matches for the online mode since whenever I go there there's like 15 minutes left before the race begin, I go out for a bit and when I come back the timer has started from the top again.
Sport Mode has races at set intervals. If you're looking for a more adhoc approach to online, then Lobby is the way to go.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
How the K24 Supercharged Rocket Bunny EG6 gets scanned for GT:S (snippets and no commentary)

Last edited:

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
So many little things that blow my mind that PD still hasn't got right. So many tracks, the flying lap start is way too close to the start/finish so you can't bank a lap on your out lap. Why even start me a few turns back if you don't put me far enough back to get a full running start that I would on a hot lap? This is such a basic thing to review on all your tracks. Still no additions to lobby mode or sport mode? I can only hope the reason the features on this game are so stagnant is that it is all hands on deck for PS5.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
The Resetera Endurance Racing League is looking for some more drivers to take part in our upcoming event. Previously we've used GR4 & GR3 machines but this time we're dragging the Group C beasts out of retirement! The cars are Jaguar XJR-9, Sauber Mercedes C9, Mazda 787B, Nissan R92 and Porsche 962.

It'll be a short 4 event league for both individual drivers and teams commencing on May19th. We race at 8pm uk time on Sunday evenings and welcome drivers of all skill levels so if you'd like to take part then please let me know either on here or our community thread.

8071092722824380940_0.jpg

7215427493842387972_0.jpg

7206420292640441348_0.jpg

AJ-47

Dec 16, 2017
I've just started playing this, and am not sure of the best way to progress in the game, after doing the driving lessons should I start the cups,or continue with the challenges?

I assume that going straight online isn't the best idea, given the emphasis on sportsmanship.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
I've just started playing this, and am not sure of the best way to progress in the game, after doing the driving lessons should I start the cups,or continue with the challenges?

I assume that going straight online isn't the best idea, given the emphasis on sportsmanship.

It's a less guided experience than the old GT's - you can do the circuit experience or the GT League stuff or just go online in lobbies instead of sport mode. Main advice is when you do decide to venture onto sport mode take the time to set a decent qualification lap time before starting an event. The better the grid spot the easier it is to get a good result. And also sport mode is graded so the people you race against should be at a similar driving skill level, or you soon get to that point.

AJ-47

Dec 16, 2017
It's a less guided experience than the old GT's - you can do the circuit experience or the GT League stuff or just go online in lobbies instead of sport mode. Main advice is when you do decide to venture onto sport mode take the time to set a decent qualification lap time before starting an event. The better the grid spot the easier it is to get a good result. And also sport mode is graded so the people you race against should be at a similar driving skill level, or you soon get to that point.

Thanks.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017

I think the Challenges/Missions will gift you cars, whereas the GT League only pays out credits.

And personally I'd jump into Sport mode as soon as you can. As long as you have a basic understanding of Sportsmanship then you'll be fine. Just expect for every 5 frustrating, dirty races to have 1 amazing and clean race. But it's those moments that keep you going as you realise when you have a clean, competitive race, it's an amazing feeling.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I couldn't make it to the test event Shannow, I was working this weekend and also hadn't started up GTS in a month... not a good time to jump in Group C car. I'll make some time to get up to speed again.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017

I never really played the cups much, they are a complete afterthought that was patched in because people that didn't buy the game used their absence as a justification. The AI sucks so it isn't even funny (you can out a lap on half the grid in some 2 lap race...).

Play all the lessons, challenges and circuit experiences. Try to gold everything, will take lots of hours and it is quite rewarding (both in credits/prizes and in "accomplishment feeling). I wasted lots of money buying cars while I was doing these missions and in the end I got lots of duplicate cars, so it was a waste of money.

You can jump into Sport when you are used to the track being played. While you are level C or even B the races are quite dirty, you have to aim to be clean and not to win, let the other car overtake you in the last turn because there are high chances that you will be pushed and penalized lol. After you get a SR A races are fun, people are much more respectful and careful. Oval circuits are always a penalty party, but I really enjoyed playing in them.

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
It's a deterrent to prevent people just running the car around the barrier on certain corners. On the old GT games that was a definite tactic on some street circuits.
5s is still too much. Usually I get hit in the rear by someone who doesn't know when to brake. And he is penalized for 2 or 3 seconds and I lose my position and time and then extra 5 seconds which doesn't sound so fair.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I've only got time to do the Wednesday FIA races but so far, I'm doing better than the last manufacturers' season. I don't know how far from the top split I'm in, but once again I'm like one of two or three other people who went with McLaren.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In unrelated news, I recently bought a racing wheel. Haven't matched my controller pace yet, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Same here, I recently got a CSL Elite with a load cell kit and man, the load cell took some getting used to. But once you start nailing you braking zones consistently, you'll start to outpace your pad.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Hi everyone, I just picked this up and started playing today.

Is there any tips and/or advice for a new player?

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
Hi everyone, I just picked this up and started playing today.

Is there any tips and/or advice for a new player?
Do the missions and circuit experience. Besides being fun, they're really helpful.

And jump into Sport mode whenever you want—don't feel like you need to "be ready", as Sport mode is where you'll see massive improvements to your driving much quicker.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone confirm that the Fanatec CSPv3 pedals will work with this if I get the CSL Elite wheel base?

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Do the missions and circuit experience. Besides being fun, they're really helpful.

And jump into Sport mode whenever you want—don't feel like you need to "be ready", as Sport mode is where you'll see massive improvements to your driving much quicker.

I am working my way through the missions and circuits, going to do them enough each day to get the daily millage bonus this next week.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
just making sure... you have to get the CSL Elite+ for PS4, not that one they just announced, which is basically the same but not compatible with PS4 (it does not have the Sony security chip)

I already have the pedals but I haven't ordered the base yet. Yes that's the one I'm going to get though.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Just sharing something I've been enjoying for some time now: https://www.youtube.com/user/davidperel

That is the Youtube channel for David Perel. He's a real life GT driver, and he's also an avid GT Sport player. I follow his videos alongside SuperGT, and TheKie. However, I find David's videos more insightful since he often compares his experience between real life and GT Sport. As someone that has really gotten into GT racing in the past few years, I find David's streams/videos amazing to watch.

I have no affiliation with David Perel or any of the streamers. Just sharing something I enjoy.

CassiusClay99

Oct 28, 2017
Just sharing something I've been enjoying for some time now: https://www.youtube.com/user/davidperel

That is the Youtube channel for David Perel. He's a real life GT driver, and he's also an avid GT Sport player. I follow his videos alongside SuperGT, and TheKie. However, I find David's videos more insightful since he often compares his experience between real life and GT Sport. As someone that has really gotten into GT racing in the past few years, I find David's streams/videos amazing to watch.

I have no affiliation with David Perel or any of the streamers. Just sharing something I enjoy.

Been fallowing him too. VERY interesting.Especially the videos of his real races where we can see his inputs (throttle and brake).

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the Le Mans 24hr, beautiful and exciting as the cars slice through the jeweled, black night, and it makes me angry all over again that PD did not include a night TOD on the Le Mans circuit.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, night racing at Le Mans looks amazing.

I think it's just the amount of art work they have to put in that would take too long when they probably wanna finish up other tracks. Getting all of light sources and lamps to properly light up the tracks, bake in new textures for indirect lighting. A lot of the vegetation is nicely lit instead of being all pitch black.

Mush

Nov 1, 2017
There was a brief off-screen clip of some rain on the Red Bull Ring posted on Twitter a short time ago that I managed to grab a look at before it got ninja'd, but yeah, it's definitely happening.