• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
Three new layouts of a road track at Sardegna too (well, six if you include reverse), in addition to the existing Sardegna Windmills dirt track.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Was there actually rain? Or just a wet track. The slick asphalt looks great, the spray looks so-so, but I didn't really notice any rain per se. Maybe just the low-res footage. Great to finally see though.

Now if they'd just add Spa and Lotus, we'd have ourselves a proper racing game. ;)

Rain particles are confirmed. If you blow up that gtplanet vid you can see the rain at 20 seconds too.

Probably one of the more natural looking wet pavement and puddle buildup I've seen in a racer.

EYCz2UA.gif

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
better late than never .. GT is the most photorealistic racing game and with the rain it looks like the same thing
it's the right time before the release of the PS5

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just reinstalled GTS after being away for a while. After only playing for 30 mins I've already had multiple hangs at menus. Never happened before. I can still move the cursor but the game just sits there without moving to the next screen. Before today, this had never happened. Is this a known issue? Is there a remedy? Thanks!

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
So I just reinstalled GTS after being away for a while. After only playing for 30 mins I've already had multiple hangs at menus. Never happened before. I can still move the cursor but the game just sits there without moving to the next screen. Before today, this had never happened. Is this a known issue? Is there a remedy? Thanks!

Never happened to me if i´m remembering correctly. Had a couple of crashes to the dashboard the last time i played the game though.

I can´t wait to check tomorrow's race in the rain, hope there's a good amount of tracks with rain when it launches.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Can happen if you have network/Internet comms issues (or bandwidth maxed out - is the PS4 downloading the GTS patches?). I'd say it's likely to be ok if you try again.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I haven't played this game in 2 years, returning because I'm in the mood for racing. But I'm going straight back to driving school, I don't want to flail about in online lol.

For anyone using a controller, what are your settings? I think my TC was on 3 or 2 previously, but I've dropped it down to 1 and am beating my previous driving school records, which is to be expected I guess! I don't know whether to change my steering sensitivity or not, it's currently on 5.

I forgot how stunning the game looks, still love the classy menus and music.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't played this game in 2 years, returning because I'm in the mood for racing. But I'm going straight back to driving school, I don't want to flail about in online lol.

For anyone using a controller, what are your settings? I think my TC was on 3 or 2 previously, but I've dropped it down to 1 and am beating my previous driving school records, which is to be expected I guess! I don't know whether to change my steering sensitivity or not, it's currently on 5.

I forgot how stunning the game looks, still love the classy menus and music.
The general consensus appears to be a sensitivity of 7 for controllers. As for TC, the most recent physics update has made it easy to drive every car with TCO on the pad. A backwards step, imo, but it is what it is.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Nurburgring 24h is always a strange experience for me, as I knew nothing of the track before I started playing GTS. So I have these references to the track that are only from a videogame, but I can tell exactly where the cars are most of the time.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Who the hell invented dirt rally racing and what the fuck was their problem?

Incidentally I somehow beat lesson 46 last night and got the trophy for beating the record by 1 second. No idea how!

Have there been any daily rally races in the last few years?

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Who the hell invented dirt rally racing and what the fuck was their problem?

Incidentally I somehow beat lesson 46 last night and got the trophy for beating the record by 1 second. No idea how!

Have there been any daily rally races in the last few years?

No I'm pretty sure there's never been a rally daily, just the odd one that uses the Group B cars on road circuits.

Oct 27, 2017
Gr.1 at Le Mans this week means another couple hundred kms on my TS050. I'm glad its hybrid deploy/regen has been adjusted so that the battery can hold a good charge over a race stint, as opposed to previously running out of juice after a few laps.

Also, has PD changed the track limits at La Sarthe again? I'm fairly regularly getting pinged coming out of the second Mulsanne chicane, for one, although I'm not gonna complain too much, as the penalties seem to work in my favor as much as against me. Hardly a driver without a red dot by their name post-race!

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Best thing about the updates for me is that they add the previous' patch circuit to the circuit experience, in general. Already got gold in the new one, I am still missing only one gold for the Sartre full circuit, got a silver and I am lazy to try it again because it is such a long - and boring - circuit. Nurburgring was great because it is much longer but it is also a lot more interesting.

I am not sure if they added any new thing to the Scapes or if they just made a collection of what they already had before.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
So... when do the daily races actually update, because I swear its been well over a day and the races haven't changed... Bad enough there's only 3.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Ahh, ok thanks. Change the damn name lol...
Yeah they did change every day for a while and people did complain when it changed but having the same races on for a week does probably improve the quality of racing (people know the track and cars better and will improve with more time on the same combination) - it also helps if you haven't got a great deal of spare time as you can keep using the same qualifying time rather than starting from scratch every day.

combat102

Feb 1, 2018
just picked up this game and a thrustmaster t150, whats the general consensus on the setting for this wheel? any help is appreciated

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
I wish this game had more customization options like HUD and hotkeys (to bring the fuel management for example).

Also some cue that there is a car on you side like IRacing has. Have to look at radar is distracting.

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that would solve the issue but is only available in this view, which also is the only view that has a proper rear-view mirror -__-

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017

Kaze13

Oct 25, 2017
I've been away far too long from this thread and I play GTSport almost daily lol. Let me get my frustration out of the way first...fuck that daily mileage reward system and it's rng giving me way too many dupes. How about just give me a sense of satisfaction by giving me what i don't have already? Or, more miles better chance at higher end cars? So annoying.

Other than that, racing has been good!