• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017
God GTAce those liveries are gorgeous, love em

Does anyone have any advice for someone who's recently come back to the game? I was never great, but I'm feeling really rusty and looking to get out of the DR D/SR B pits. Should I optimize for clean driving at this point or try to be as competitive as possible?

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
God @GTAce those liveries are gorgeous, love em
giphy.gif

Does anyone have any advice for someone who's recently come back to the game? I was never great, but I'm feeling really rusty and looking to get out of the DR D/SR B pits. Should I optimize for clean driving at this point or try to be as competitive as possible?
Always go clean.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Really, really, really been digging this game as of late. Racing a McLaren MP4-12C last night was the first vehicle that made me wish I had a steering wheel setup instead of a pad though.

Also, I'm insanely jealous of anyone that can make a half decent livery. Any amount of effort I put in always ends up looking like a 90's Dairy Queen by the end.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Hopefully we get the AP2 and CR at some point. The differences in engine specs and rear geometry set-ups from the AP1 are worth what some might consider duplicates.
Yeah, I honestly don't know why they'd pick the AP1. It's still a great car but the AP2 is better (and looks better in my opinion) if you don't want a special variant. If you want the fastest variant of the production vehicle like they've done with several other vehicles I don't know why you wouldn't pick the CR.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I honestly don't know why they'd pick the AP1. It's still a great car but the AP2 is better (and looks better in my opinion) if you don't want a special variant. If you want the fastest variant of the production vehicle like they've done with several other vehicles I don't know why you wouldn't pick the CR.

I wonder if they're just remodeling some of the standard cars from GT4 into premium models at the moment, PD did the same for the old NSX. They already had a premium AP2 in GT5/6 that would have taken less work. With the AP1 being remodeled now though, all they have to do is model the front and rear bumper to make the AP2.

As an AP2 owner I agree, they look better. :D GT6 also had custom aero parts for the AP2.

3d-gt6q6pd2.gif

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I bought myself a GIMX adapter to be able to use my Thrustmaster TX wheel on the PS4 and play some GT:S...

Anybody else is using that setup?

I was bummed to see that there was no Thrustmaster wheels configs included with the tool (or even on the official forum from what I could see) so I had to create one from scratch... It is totally working in game but the axis and FFB settings could definitely use some tweaking and I am terrrrrrible at that stuff lol.... I would love to find a config file that is well tuned for the TX (or any other Thrustmaster wheels I imagine) on the PS4...

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I want to do a setup so badly but I have my stuff in my living room and I don't really want to keep a racing seat and wheel in there, I want it to be movable.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017

I built a GIMX setup (bought the components etc) a while back to use with my Logitech DrivingForce GT wheel in GT Sport, Driveclub, and Dirt Rally in VR. Works ok but I sometimes still get disconnections. I should see what the latest updates have added.

I haven't needed to tweak any profiles.

I want to do a setup so badly but I have my stuff in my living room and I don't really want to keep a racing seat and wheel in there, I want it to be movable.

I bought a small fold up table from the hardware store for about US$20 and keep the wheel permanently attached, just fold it up and store in the cupboard and use a chair from the dining room. Cheap and convenient.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I built a GIMX setup (bought the components etc) a while back to use with my Logitech DrivingForce GT wheel in GT Sport, Driveclub, and Dirt Rally in VR. Works ok but I sometimes still get disconnections. I should see what the latest updates have added.

I haven't needed to tweak any profiles.

I bought a small fold up table from the hardware store for about US$20 and keep the wheel permanently attached, just fold it up and store in the cupboard and use a chair from the dining room. Cheap and convenient.

That's pretty good. Any chance you got a pic?

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Race C has been really good for my DR this week. Firmly in A+ now. I really enjoy the racing there as well, not everyone goes for the no-stop which keeps things interesting. Made a video running through one of the races and talking about my decision making (when to defend and attack, how I fuel safe etc.), recorded straight from the ps4 so sorry for the quality and my English pronunciation.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Spa and rain! Amazing if true. Spa seems like a sure thing but I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a "look forward to it later this year".

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Another win for Igor Fraga. I watched more of Gran Turismo FIA events this year than all other FIA real world competitions in the past decade, they just need to improve the replays during the race.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody uses the Thrustmaster EVO 599X wheel rim with GT:S? Or the TM Leather one since they both have the same button layout..
599xx_wheel.jpg

26-280-039-01.jpg

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out the best possible button mapping I should be using... (For reference I am using a GIMX so it technically shows up as a G29 in game but I can map any button on the rim to any of those G29 buttons/actions)...

Unrelated question... Is there any ways to use a button box with GT:S? I need more buttons!! haha

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up a couple days ago. I'm generally very bad at sim racers, but I did manage to get gold in all the driving school challenges (after spending 5 (!!) hours on the last one), so I do at least feel like I'm making some progress. And hell, it was only $20. Even if I never go online and keep using AT like a huge loser, I'm sure I'll get my money's worth just doing time trials/AI races and challenges.

Nov 7, 2017
Picked this up a couple days ago. I'm generally very bad at sim racers, but I did manage to get gold in all the driving school challenges (after spending 5 (!!) hours on the last one), so I do at least feel like I'm making some progress. And hell, it was only $20. Even if I never go online and keep using AT like a huge loser, I'm sure I'll get my money's worth just doing time trials/AI races and challenges.
I would very highly recommend learning to play with manual transmission in this game. It only takes a couple of days to get the hang of it. I even became a fan of real life racing because of this.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys, I bought myself a GIMX adapter to be able to use my Thrustmaster TX wheel on the PS4 and play some GT:S...

I was bummed to see that there was no Thrustmaster wheels configs included with the tool (or even on the official forum from what I could see) so I had to create one from scratch... It is totally working in game but the axis and FFB settings could definitely use some tweaking and I am terrrrrrible at that stuff lol.... I would love to find a config file that is well tuned for the TX (or any other Thrustmaster wheels I imagine) on the PS4...

I use Gimx but for G27>PC>G29>PS4 emu. It works great.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I love the inclusion of rain.

The GR2 race at Red Bull Ring is insanely hard but it's ludicrously good to play over and over. I will get the win...eventually.

paulpp

Nov 1, 2017
Logitech G29 wheel (PS4) just dropped to $170 on Amazon (US) Previous lowest price was ~$200.

Is this wheel still a good buy? Are there new models incoming?

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
This might be a stupid question but how do you turn off or lower the volume of the loading rev engine sound effect? It's super loud compared to all the other sound effects. I've got at all the sliders at 30 but none of them seem to apply to the rev sound as it loads the track.

Edit: solution: plugging in a usb soundcard to your ps4 gets you a system level output volume control under settings > devices > audio devices.

Last edited:

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the T8HA shifter completely disabled in Sport mode?

I can use it just fine in the offline modes.

the androgyne

Oct 30, 2017
So I just realised I can compete in the online Time Trials without a PSN sub. Anyone else do these? I am completely hopeless at the S2000 in the rain event, ranked somewhere like 7000. Car just loves to slide in that one. The Zonda event was a bit better, ranked around 2500. It's still quite tough to judge the speed into the chicanes, and this mode is pretty finicky about kerb skipping!

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Are the time trials something they change daily? Sort of like a daily event type thing?