• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Had to leave mid-race last night and my driver ranking got docked a whole class. Felt like I was driving with bozos after that -_-

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I am finally back to the 100% gold club :)

When it launched I almost got 100%, only Nurb was missing... Then they kept adding tracks and I kept keeping up with all golds except Nurb (full lap). Then one day I finally had the patience to practice, aftet about an hour and a half I got the last gold.

Then they added de la Sarthe and again I was missing one gold. Today I finally tried it again and am back to 100% gold. It all comes down to having good traction early before the 3 lr 4 long straight parts of the circuit, the rest I just drove carefully, more focused on not messing up than on gaining 0.1s here and there.

Feeling good now... At least till the next update and hopefully a new track.

Btw, there is Sardegna Road track - A that I had no idea was a thing, what a great circuit. Loved it.

Edit. Decided to play some AI races, I was running 5-10s faster than the leader the entire race, till I overtook him. Then he magically started driving at my pace, 2 laps in a row with the same lap time. I fucking hate the AI in this game, ma god.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
im always middle of the pack essentially in online. I took TC to 0 so that helps but I'm not learning manual on a controller

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
8439833673446982177_23.jpg

5765258509567428096_23.jpg

4900202336323895320_23.jpg

Together:
5909291158784214548_0.jpg

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Finally tried this in VR and goddamn it's good. I know it's severely limiting from a racing perspective, but from the feel of driving and even the graphics, so much better than DriveClub. It's not even funny.

I want a Logitech wheel to go with it, just for the fidelity in VR. Goddamn.

the androgyne

Oct 30, 2017
New online Time Trials are up ... Gr2 on Brands Hatch and Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo on Kyoto Driving Park.
My time is currently 0:41.786 and 2:03.677 respectively... happy enough with one but not the other!
Sometimes i feel almost incapable of using the lower power cars. The speeds, braking power and cornering just don't feel as natural to me for some reason. They feel like cars that were never meant to be on a race course lol.
I don't think i'm the only one either; although my GTO time is ranked higher than the Gr2 time at the moment, it's 10 seconds slower than the best, whereas the Gr2 time is only 1.7 seconds behind.

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Interesting next choice for a track. To be fair, Red Bull Ring was an interesting first choice. Hoping they eventually get Brands Hatch or Sardegna.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much time they'll spend on adding rain to tracks if they really have to do it one track at a time. I assume that the goal will be to have dynamic weather in GT7, so it seems like a bit of a futile effort to add them one by one to GTS right before PS5 gets here.

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
They probably have some rudimentary dynamic weather, but need to tweak by circuit so it does not behave oddly. With these tweaks, it is possible to understand how to enhance and apply acquired knowledge back on the dynamic weather system, which in turn helps develop it for the future.
So, maybe not wasted effort, but I am just guessing.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
What is everyone doing for wheels? I'm tempted to try one out. The G29 with the shifter looks pretty rad.

Anyone have anything else they like?

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
What is everyone doing for wheels? I'm tempted to try one out. The G29 with the shifter looks pretty rad.

Anyone have anything else they like?
I'd go for the CSL Elite PS4 + Elite Pedals + LoadCell.
I used to have a G27 back in the PS3 days, then moved to Fanatec gear and it's a big improvement in FFB and especially the LoadCell brake.

BUT... there's still not a word on compatibility with PS5 for any of the wheels, if that's important to you.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Having the weirdest issue with GIMX since moving to my new build (x570, 3700x, 5700xt).
For some reason, when activating GIMX (as in the program is running, everything is connected and I just need to hit the 'go' button to start playing) it hits me with a blue screen without fault.
Annoyingly, there seems to be nobody with the same issue.
There's probably some weird conflict in my USB drivers, so it'll take some serious tinkering, or another fresh windows install to fix. Beuh... I'll get to that.. eventually :P Maybe when Spa finally hits ^_^

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
I'd go for the CSL Elite PS4 + Elite Pedals + LoadCell.
I used to have a G27 back in the PS3 days, then moved to Fanatec gear and it's a big improvement in FFB and especially the LoadCell brake.

BUT... there's still not a word on compatibility with PS5 for any of the wheels, if that's important to you.
Legit never heard of this.

Probably smart to wait on compatibility I guess. I just want to try it out but I know it will be one of those things where you try it and then it sits taking up space :/

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
That shit is bafflingly expensive (well - in comparison). I'll probably stick with the G29 when it goes on sale ($210ish with the shifter is tough to beat).

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
That shit is bafflingly expensive (well - in comparison).
I can't disagree with that ;)
You'll have lots of fun with the G29! Playing with a wheel is more immersive. Oh, and don't give up if your times are slower at first - it takes a little time to get used to it, but when you do, you'll be more consistent and lap times will decrease.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
I can't disagree with that ;)
You'll have lots of fun with the G29! Playing with a wheel is more immersive. Oh, and don't give up if your times are slower at first - it takes a little time to get used to it, but when you do, you'll be more consistent and lap times will decrease.
So here's a question I never see talked about with these wheels.

Do you actually have to operate the clutch properly? I love driving stick so part of wanting the wheel and shifter is so I can actually drive it properly.

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
So here's a question I never see talked about with these wheels.

Do you actually have to operate the clutch properly? I love driving stick so part of wanting the wheel and shifter is so I can actually drive it properly.

You don't have to, and you can also use the paddles. I don't have the shifter for my G29 and don't use the clutch, but apparently there are some quirks (at least in GT Sport), such as that the clutch is on/off and not linear as in real cars. Also depends on the game I assume, I would check Google for the wheel and game combination you're interested in for any issues if shifter and clutch are important to you. Some cars don't use the clutch for shifting (probably most racing cars with sequential), only for starting (like F1 cars), so it's generally not supported for each and every car.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we're never getting new Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars at this point. The Ferrari 488 has been racing competitively for three years now.

Karppuuna

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why have they abandoned PSVR? This is perfect VR game and it's like fuck VR, not even leaderboards are there.
It's like fuck VR when you play it, so little effort. Think about the VR potential, it's really huge, all the possibilities.

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
been trying out the wet tracks for the first time and having some problems! it's harder making turns? is there some set up change that i need to know about? any tips for driving in the wet?

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
I have to say the S2000 / Suzuka race this week has absolutely kicked my butt. I'm terrible at Suzuka, but at least the S2000 is a good pairing since you can be on the power for most of it.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The wet track and tyre spray look great but does the rain ever get heavy? Tried about 5 races and the raindrops always see really sparse, it never even gets close to affecting visibility on your windshield.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Been playing F1 2019 and enjoying it. Got me in the mood to drive other cars so hopped back into GT Sport for the first time in many months. Still full of dirty drivers, but I managed to finish 4 positions up from where I started, and I noticed several red dots on the results screen. So I guess the revamped penalty system is working? What is the general consensus these days? More room for improvement or the best it's going to get?

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
The wet track and tyre spray look great but does the rain ever get heavy? Tried about 5 races and the raindrops always see really sparse, it never even gets close to affecting visibility on your windshield.

The raindrops can be hard to notice depending on the intensity of their light refraction, whenever they don't have as noticeable light refraction they sort of look to blend in with the environment when you're playing. Plus the wipers do a good job pushing them to the side. It's easier to see them for cars where the wipers don't fill up most of the windshield.

Slow-mo'd the gifs. Wish the dualshock had a way to turn off the wipers, wanna see how it'd look.
3jz4ncQ.gif

jpBKIfO.gif

There's little tiny droplets most wouldn't even notice unless you pause and zoom-in in photomode.

996GranTurismoSPORT2019.png

a3GranTurismoSPORT2019.png

4eGranTurismoSPORT2019.png

946GranTurismoSPORT2019.png

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Been playing F1 2019 and enjoying it. Got me in the mood to drive other cars so hopped back into GT Sport for the first time in many months. Still full of dirty drivers, but I managed to finish 4 positions up from where I started, and I noticed several red dots on the results screen. So I guess the revamped penalty system is working? What is the general consensus these days? More room for improvement or the best it's going to get?
From my experience if you focus on your sport ranking above your competitive ranking then the online gets immensely better. You'll shoot up to driving with people that care about driving well and actually spend a lot of time qualifying / practicing.

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin

The red dots are indicators whether you got penalties in the race. There are now penalty zones where you are forced to slow down for the amount of penalty time, but some of the penalties are still questionable. Anything below SR S is usually pretty bad. Try to focus on a couple of clean races to get your SR up to S, even if it means driving very defensively. There are still dirty drivers in S, but most of the races are enjoyable. Qualifying is important, starting mid-field usually ends you up in a pack which is more prone to accidents. I'd also avoid driving mondays and tuesdays (when people are still learning the weekly tracks and make more errors) unless quali puts you consistently in the top 5. Anything with very fast cars (Super Formula etc.) or tight tracks (Tokyo) is also a good way to lose a lot of SR very quick.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Unfortunately my rating has been S for a long while. Drivers are still garbage in my races. Yesterday a player called 'rammer' lived up to his name. Yeah he got penalties but he still finished above me. :|

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
Great shots! Hope we see rain for Nurburgring next.

GAjOayC.gif

thanks again. could I ask you something? I'm not very good at doing GIF: / could you do about the rendering of the night light in the rain. Ingame or replay or both would be great
it is to feed the old topic of racing games next gen on neogaf ^^
Thx a lot