• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
There's already a very substantial single player campaign (Sunday Cup and all), but it feels archaic after going up against real drivers (of all abilities) in Sport mode.

Oh I know. I've been following the updates vaguely. I'm invested into iRacing at the moment for my online racing though.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Why are people saying this is the last free update?

All we know is they wanted to deliver 'about' 50 news cars by March 2018. That doesn't mean, form now on, it's paid content. Nor have I read anything that indicates new circuits will be paid for. Where is all this coming from?

As for the update...AWESOME!

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
Always odd coming from a ton of Forza to the way GT thinks about menus and so forth but I think I figured it out. I am beyond scared to go online so prob just gonna stay with whatever single player content is there.

I came over from Forza too, but the online racing is much better than the shitshows in every Forza lobby.

I got gold in all the single player stuff which can last you a good while too though. I prefer the challenges and things like figuring out a tire and fuel strategy in endurance races in this game.

Daverytimes

Oct 25, 2017
This is the last free update? I`m still waiting for Silverstone, SPA and LagunaSeca =(

Not confirmed but i would think Circuit de la Sarthe would be a free update to coincide with Le Man. Considering though we have gotten 2 new tracks and mulltiple configurations plus 50 cars for free i won't complain if they end it now, I will certainly buy all DLC's they release to support the team. Stuff like this should make the news to encourage publishers of good publicity when they do not take advantage of gamers.

The GT500 cars really are different beasts and in their own Gr.2 class. Much faster than GTE/GT3.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xQrzvj8UOc8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_vmYcQzOY

Allegedly 5 seconds faster than DTM cars around Motegi (DTM came to Japan for exhibition, SuperGT also went to Germany for same) which would be incredible if true. Can't wait for "Class 1" ruleset to be implemented.

Last edited:

maks

Oct 27, 2017
Woot Fanatec suppprt! I actually set this game aside back in November so I'll be happy to come back now. Hopefully this is a good implementation without many bugs.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Why are people saying this is the last free update?

All we know is they wanted to deliver 'about' 50 news cars by March 2018. That doesn't mean, form now on, it's paid content. Nor have I read anything that indicates new circuits will be paid for. Where is all this coming from?

As for the update...AWESOME!
PD have said they're targeting 500 cars for GT Sport. And you have to take them at their word as they've delivered the initial updates and more. TBH, I'm amazed they're so responsive to user feedback and can hit a schedule like releasing GT500 cars when the actual Super GT series is about to kick-off.

But that's a huge amount of cars. Maybe tracks will be free to keep the online community united, with paid car updates. No doubt there'll be a Spec II retail release on PS4, plus a PS5 version of some description. That can contribute to the costs of all this DLC.

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Tsukuba!

r6aD6.gif

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
My favourite racing game just keeps getting better.
Love Tsukuba circuit and remember doing my own version of the Option Video shoot outs on GT4/Forza.
As a former R33 owner I'm loving that the whale... I mean R33 GTR is back. Just need to get the Hakosuka and Kenmeri GTR's in and the circle will be complete.
Wouldn't mind if they also got the R31 GTS-R in too.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got the limited edition cheap from Amazon last night.. played a couple hours. Always odd coming from a ton of Forza to the way GT thinks about menus and so forth but I think I figured it out. I am beyond scared to go online so prob just gonna stay with whatever single player content is there.

Game has that very clean sony GT look. Pro putting out great images on my 4K tv.. driving felt good not great to me but I am enjoying it for what it is. Sounds like the updates have really brought a ton to the game so happy I am jumping in now. Hope they continue to add..

Sport is the best part of the game. Don't fret or worry, its not necessarily about winning, and even coming further back in the pack you can still have some incredible, tense and competitive races. The game rewards and promotes you just for gaining a single position or two, racing cleanly etc. You don't have to necessarily win or hit podium to have a rewarding experience.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I see, we're getting there with the number of Skylines ;D

So, this will likely be the last free update, right?
Need another 50 Skylines to approach GT6's numbers.

I think the game is still getting free updates for a while. But it's possible there will be paid DLC in the mix. I personally think they should give the option to buy Mileage Points with money instead of charging for car and track packs, but the Mileage Exchange would need a whole bunch more colorshift paint and Safety Cars for that to be worthwhile.

Last edited:

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Tsukuba and RX 7, now we're talking.
Glad I bought it when it was 26€ over here, awesome deal.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Was excited for time trial mode (previous mode was effectively 2 lap time trial as the CPU was so slow..) - but that announcement sounds like only two tracks with VR time trial which would be disappointing- even though it would include Suzuka which is a great track.

Chas Hodges

Nov 7, 2017
Is the PSVR time trial support for all tracks or just the two they mention in the press release?

"This means you'll be able to utilize the full benefits of PS VR to perform your best lap time on the legendary Nurburgring and Suzuka race circuits."

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Alright now I just need a S30 Fairlady Z and a 964 Turbo S and I can recreate some Wangan Midnight scenes.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Downloading now, looks like a solid update.
I was hoping for Fuji though since it's both a Super GT and WEC track. Hopefully it's in the works, I really miss it

Oct 25, 2017
Is the PSVR time trial support for all tracks or just the two they mention in the press release?

"This means you'll be able to utilize the full benefits of PS VR to perform your best lap time on the legendary Nurburgring and Suzuka race circuits."
This is what I wonder as well. I assume it's for all tracks because why not but the wording is strange.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
GT has a prominent single player legacy but nobody should skip out on Sport mode. It's the name of the game; a more challenging and more rewarding mode than GT has ever had. It's not about being purely difficult either as its daily challenges can make for casual and fun simulations of the good old Sunday Cup races with real drivers.

Update is looking good, M3 looking hot.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
PD have said they're targeting 500 cars for GT Sport. And you have to take them at their word as they've delivered the initial updates and more. TBH, I'm amazed they're so responsive to user feedback and can hit a schedule like releasing GT500 cars when the actual Super GT series is about to kick-off.

But that's a huge amount of cars. Maybe tracks will be free to keep the online community united, with paid car updates. No doubt there'll be a Spec II retail release on PS4, plus a PS5 version of some description. That can contribute to the costs of all this DLC.
Yeah, just don't know where people can even suggest this is the last free DLC.

Tracks will have to be free to ensure there is no split, especially since we have the FIA stuff in there. Racing cars will have to be free too. Saying that, there's a manufacturer cup too so, to a certain extent, every player would need access to all manufacturers.

I just can't imagine any content being paid for in consideration of this games structure. Sales seems to be steady so I expect it'll pay for itself somehow.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some T300RS users and all T500RS users are reporting their wheels are not working with the game after this update.

T500RS here, not a happy bunny.

They add support for Fanatec and then somehow screw up the Thrustmaster support.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
The Red Bull Jr is sooooo good, and I was really glad to see it. It's a perfect step up for learning the basics after messing around with the kart. Easy to handle and a good car to practice without any assists if you prefer. Not sure why they put in the X2014 basic and not the fan car version, though.
This is what I wonder as well. I assume it's for all tracks because why not but the wording is strange.
The PSVR time trial mode is for all cars and all tracks. There are some time of day limitations, probably as a performance issue related to shadows.

Oct 25, 2017
The Red Bull Jr is sooooo good, and I was really glad to see it. It's a perfect step up for learning the basics after messing around with the kart. Easy to handle and a good car to practice without any assists if you prefer. Not sure why they put in the X2014 basic and not the fan car version, though.
The PSVR time trial mode is for all cars and all tracks. There are some time of day limitations, probably as a performance issue related to shadows.
Thank you for confirming this. This is all around a great update. Thumbs up for PD!

Deleted member 12933

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you need PS+ to save your progress online? My sub lapsed the other day because I never play online. I'd be willing to play the single player if I didn't need PS+.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Tsukuba!

e9RBXt7.gif

Man, it's been a couple months at least since I last played the game, love the game just one reason or another I've not been playing it. One good thing though is there's so much content I've not yet experienced such as new cars and tracks. :D