• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 Pro | Replay

gtsc8s45.gif

RounD

Oct 29, 2017
PGOAOHB.png

kqE7SJR.png

I wonder what PD are doing for their reflection cubemaps. It looks like its dynamic but they are also LOD omitting out a lot of things. Like that scrolling billboard reflecting on the side window, its missing the dragontrail signs above and below along with the supporting pole. Which I'd guess is for performance reasons that they are rendering a smaller res and lod version of the scene just for reflections. But I wonder why they chose this route?

RounD

Oct 29, 2017
kqE7SJR.png

I wonder what PD are doing for their reflection cubemaps. It looks like its dynamic but they are also LOD omitting out a lot of things. Like that scrolling billboard reflecting on the side window, its missing the dragontrail signs above and below along with the supporting pole. Which I'd guess is for performance reasons that they are rendering a smaller res and lod version of the scene just for reflections. But I wonder why they chose this route?

Rambling a bit more to myself on the cubemap reflections.. I was taking some pictures on the Expressway and noticed that when the headlights light up the road, it shows up on the cubemap as well and gets reflected sometimes heavily onto the car. Which can cause some cool highlight reflections.

ub6XCnG.png

Also headlights from other cars get on the cubemap too. There are two cars behind causing some environment reflections in the bumper below.

JziGggg.png

While its low res and suffers from lod pops the overall effect to the car is pretty cool and makes it feel set in the environment. The pic below looked better on the tv but you can still kinda see the brake light hitting the wall and the red color getting reflected back from the cubemap onto the car. Pretty neat use of it, I think. Anyways end of late night ramble. :)

JxwJQMq.png

rUg5V2j.png

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
While its low res and suffers from lod pops the overall effect to the car is pretty cool and makes it feel set in the environment. The pic below looked better on the tv but you can still kinda see the brake light hitting the wall and the red color getting reflected back from the cubemap onto the car. Pretty neat use of it, I think. Anyways end of late night ramble. :)

nice list of ingame effects it lacks only the reflections of other cars and elements of its own vehicle such as mirrors, fins etc .. ;)
I have an old photo with a nice reflection of the environment

180717121934153389.jpg

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
Kosta bravo it's so hard to capture a flashback, again GG
I like what gives to ride on colored roads

Pro photomode

1531892451-20180717191605.jpg

1531892462-20180717191550.jpg

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is a such a joy to come back to after a long while. Amazing.
Cant wait to see the new cars and track from the next update.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Is someone able to explain how these gifs are created in the game? I have a PS4 Pro and the game at home and i'm really interested in trying my hand at these gifs. Man, these things are made so well. Well done to the guys in this thread with the gifs.They look ridiculous.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Is someone able to explain how these gifs are created in the game? I have a PS4 Pro and the game at home and i'm really interested in trying my hand at these gifs. Man, these things are made so well. Well done to the guys in this thread with the gifs.They look ridiculous.

Record a vid with the share button. Then go to the ps4 home menu, go to capture gallery, and export the video to a USB drive. Then you use that file to make gifs on your PC using a program like Instagiffer, or photoshop if you have it.