• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC they either do Roulette or free daily 10 draws in the Summer for their big Summer event (the event that was doing things like giving out free Crabs and Roombas to players in Japan)

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Here's a link to some basic weapon grids as you start to get better https://gbf.wiki/Basic_Grids

Granblue is pretty generous with the free rolls. The two big events are Anniversary in March (which you just did) and December where the roulette wheel is the main attraction. Golden Week is coming up soon so expect some free single draws daily. They've been doing XX million player events randomly as well with free rolls.

Generally you should never roll for characters outside the 6% events. Also if you have the self control, you should save up 300 rolls which when expended at once, you can choose a character that's available during that banner.

Thanks for the help.

I guess I can wait 300 roll, especially with all the characters I got with the event. Also I'm more interested in the story than getting more characters at the moment (which is actually pretty rare for me with gacha games!)

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the help.

I guess I can wait 300 roll, especially with all the characters I got with the event. Also I'm more interested in the story than getting more characters at the moment (which is actually pretty rare for me with gacha games!)
The first few years of main story is probably the weakest non-ui aspect of Granblue, so if you are enjoying it, you will probably fall in love with the game

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
The first few years of main story is probably the weakest non-ui aspect of Granblue, so if you are enjoying it, you will probably fall in love with the game

Oh really? That's cool to know :p
Do they keep adding new chapter to the story or are they more focused on side stories? I saw that I unlocked a few side stories but didn't try them yet.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Oh really? That's cool to know :p
Do they keep adding new chapter to the story or are they more focused on side stories? I saw that I unlocked a few side stories but didn't try them yet.
They add a chunk of chapters every few months
They do a pretty good job of filling side stories up (they add at least 1 every 2 months), and every month there is at least 1 new story event and usually there is a re-run every six weeks or so of an older event that isn't in side stories

Kate

Oct 25, 2017
San Jose, CA
For people struggling to 1t ex or ex+ with wind, here's a guide, plus some fallback strategies:
  • Switch to Chrysaor, equip Splitting Spirit and the ougi reactivation buff. Your third slot is probably mist
  • Equip Siete and Nio if you've got them. Siete 5* gets you closer to 2-turning nm90
  • Your #2 or #4 slot is a wildcard. I use Lyria in #2, Siete in #3, then Nio in #4. Some people use Mirin for big numbers.
  • You want to get your #2 and #3 into a position where they can ougi off the bonus meter from Djeeta. Lyria can feed herself meter with 1-2 clicks, and siete has a +30% boost. Nio has nothing so she needs passive bonuses from everyone else.
  • The best ways to get meter off Djeeta are to equip a windhose (offhand if you want to hit #1 for the CA switch, or MH). Another option is to off-hand the Kengou class weapon. There might be another option I'm not aware of. With a windhose and CA reactivation, the whole party gets 40%.
  • So an example:
    • Djeeta double ougi + double windhose = +40% to party
    • #2 starts at 30, gets 40 = 70. Only needs another 30. Siete and Lyria can both get this with one click.
    • #3 starts at 30, gets 50 = 80. Again, can get with one click.
    • #4 starts at 30, gets 60 = 90. You can get this chara to 100% with speed up effects, meter gain, or (for nio) the GW 4* 10 trophy. One other character that can gain 10% party wide is summer jeanne. If you pick up all Mirin's zeniths I think her passive gain puts her at 100. Meteon does big numbers and I think his 25% party buff will bring him to 100 if he's in the last slot.
    • You can always settle for a 3chain here (since djeeta ougis twice it's still a full 4-chain burst)
  • If you have Siete 5*, you can ignite the party on turn 2 for another ougi. With the freyr buff that ougi will be fully boosted. The CA reactivation buff from Chrysaor lasts two turns so you double again.
For a mechanic setup:
  • Use the robot setup that gives your party meter. Ideally 110 or 120% is good but I know it can be hard to unlock that. 100 is enough.
  • Lyria and Siete and Nio are all still good options here. Mirin is a little better because in Strike Time, your robot activation will get her to 200%. If you pair mechanic +120% with mirin's +20% zeniths, she ends up at 180, so you might be able to get her the rest of the way using another character (Jeanne or Meteon?)
  • Most of the above applies, but you don't need to use +meter skills on Lyria or Siete. You still might want to use Emblem to ignite on turn 2.
For wrestler to get things done in around 2 turns:
  • To be honest, I haven't messed with this lately but here's a general sketch:
  • During ST, do a fullchain with the xeno fist from sagi (hope you've got it!) your next turn will be force TA...
  • Which you pair with Tag Team, to do two sets of TAs total on that turn.
  • If you don't have the sagi fist, bring DI3 on Djeeta and hit it to guarantee TA for both of your attacks. Better than nothing.
  • This isn't 1 turn, but you can turn on Auto on the first turn and it'll still die fast.
  • Outside ST, you want to do the TA + tag team on turn 1, then on turn 2 you'll be ready to fullchain (you can turn on auto here too). This should work consistently for EX but probably not EX+.
For friend summon, you can use a regular grid and support. You can also use a friend Shiva or friend Freyr. Freyr drops elemental mod a lot but gives bonuses on turn 1, so that might work out for you. Friend Shiva works well but you drop turn 2 damage - Shiva is a 110% modifier separate from elemental so it typically makes up for the penalty and raises your cap as well. With my grid I can just barely get by with either tiamat 120 or shiva.
If your grid is good enough it shouldn't matter if Miserable Mist or Coma fail (not both though). Lyria applies DEF down which makes it worth putting her in #2.

I'm using Chrysaor with roughly the first setup: Lyria, Siete 5*, Nio 5*. Lyria has a ring and zeniths so she hits for about 4.2. Siete does 3.7, Nio does like 3.3. I offhand and mainhand Windhose and pop Freyr on turn 1, so my chain burst is around 3 million. This works out to 21-22 mil on turn 1 and 20-21 mil on turn 2. I'm doing this with a mediocre wind pool and 0* freyr so I think people with better pools can hit harder. Make sure to bring your wind seraphic weapon, and it'll help if you have an ultima with ougi cap up and/or an arcarum summon.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Looked at the end of ban time (7PM JST April 22nd), and the actual times for Guild Wars... looks like the ban ends 4 hours before the end of Round 4. Which means that I can't spend my betting cards (now just useless forever), but I actually have some time to at least get to 3-4 million honors and get all the crystals for finishing fights once
The problem is 7:00PM JST is 6:00 AM monday morning- which basically means that I might have 1 hour total spread out over that window to play (a few minutes after waking up and eating breakfast, then after I am at work and done my morning tasks whatever time is left). And, as I will be starting with zero meat it's not like I can just jump into NM fights for quick honors. Hell, I don't even have my grid set up yet- I have a 4* Grimnir Harp sitting at lvl 1 that I hope I have enough Angel fodder to boost it to 120 because leveling that and establishing my grid was kind of my plan for this week. Also, I don't even have Cryosar unlocked- I was waiting for the prestige reset to get the distinctions needed, so there is no way i'm getting that class in that 4 hour span

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
For people struggling to 1t ex or ex+ with wind, here's a guide, plus some fallback strategies:

Adding to this for people without Seofon 5*, here are some other 1 turn Ex/Ex+ options for Chrysaor (note that this will also work for other elements depending on the character/weapon/summon options):

1) Aurum Flow is another good skill to use since it's an attack that gives you charge boost and activates twice with two swords equipped (Outside of Ex/Ex+ scenarios, you can also pair this with Splitting Spirit in order for the MC to perform double Charge attacks on the follow up turn). The down side is this only gets you 40% boost, so you will need another 30% from somewhere else.
2) For party slot 1, an Instant Charge Attack character like Lyria is good. Then you will want a character that can boost charge bar for the entire party (Arriet, Kokkoro, etc) to help the Main Character. Characters that fall short of the 30% boost the MC needs after using Aurum Flow can be helped using characters like Arthur and Charlotta in the backline (ex Kokkoro 25% + 5% from Arthur). Otherwise you will need an additional charge boosting character/etc... for Aurum Flow vs Splitting Spirit.
3) If you don't have a weapon that boosts Charge Attack like Windhose to give the rest of the party an additional 20% boost, then you will need another Charge boost source in order for the entire party to perform a Chain Burst (MC at 100% bar, Slot 1 = 80% minimum, Slot 2 = 70% minimum, Slot 3 = 60% minimum). Besides another charge bar boosting character (self boosting in slot 2 to at least 70% or another party boosting character) summons like Huanglong will also work.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
And, as I will be starting with zero meat it's not like I can just jump into NM fights for quick honors.
That is exactly what you should do, jump to public NM100 raids for quick honors. Change your crew strike time if necessary. Try to get a few boxes since they added over a 1000 cristals in the first 4 boxes and there is also a new trophy that gives you 1 ticket for each of the 4.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
Soloing NM100 takes forever for me (14 minutes without refreshing) so I will probable won't make it for the under 70k individual ranking (currently I am at 70k).

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Ban expired 3 hours ago, i'm at 15 million honor with an un-optimized grid. I was able to unlock EX+ by using an elixer for the free 100 meter, and my crew has been going hard these last few hours because it appears our opponent crew had 10 people or something come off ban because they started going insane at the stroke of 7

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
Ban expired 3 hours ago, i'm at 15 million honor with an un-optimized grid. I was able to unlock EX+ by using an elixer for the free 100 meter, and my crew has been going hard these last few hours because it appears our opponent crew had 10 people or something come off ban because they started going insane at the stroke of 7

Managed to 10 box/16M in the 5 hours post ban. Don't really want to do that again.

Oct 25, 2017
Soloing NM100 takes forever for me (14 minutes without refreshing) so I will probable won't make it for the under 70k individual ranking (currently I am at 70k).
IMO the faster strategy is hit as many shared pub raids as possible. You can easily get to like 700-1mln K honors in half of your time, and hit another one and do likewise to go faster.

Even then, I can still rack up a ton even if I just do like 200-500K honors quit that raid and hit another, and another.

Only issue I ran into this time was sometimes having to litrally carry the raid until the end since sub 125 rank players couldnt do no damage or just died at the triggers too much.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I got 375 honor badges now.

I'm not sure if I want to wait for the gold brick or just grab the sunlight stone pack right now. I got one gold brick already so I may just go with the sunlight stone.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Well I got 375 honor badges now.

I'm not sure if I want to wait for the gold brick or just grab the sunlight stone pack right now. I got one gold brick already so I may just go with the sunlight stone.
You already know if you need Gold Bricks- do you have Eternals that you are ready to unlock minus the brick or 5 star minus the brick? Then get the brick. Otherwise, the Sunstone will be better for you- it lets you get a 4* Arcarum Summon

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck did you manage to get 10 boxes with only 16 million honor?!?
I barely finished 4 and I ended up with 19 million honor!

VH is very efficient at tokens and very inefficient at AP and honors. It gives 44 tokens (vs 56 for EX and 66 for EX+), but only has 7 million HP. I could use my crappy wind Bonito Kengo setup and just summon/attack/reload. During ST, this was also a zero click raid (about 20 seconds per raid for me).

I actually had to push a NM100 raid to get over 15M.

Last edited:

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Did you already cleared the gold bricks from the Rise of the Beasts event? if not I'll say the sunstone is a better option since I feel those are harder to come by. You can always wait and see what you need and use your badges later, the shop has an event section where you can find the Unite and Fight store even when the event is not available.

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
You're almost certainly always better off getting a stone as often as possible at least up until the point where you run out of bricks from the shop. Bricks are farmable, after all.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
I just barely managed to finish all Proud/Proud+ beasts, this newer solo challenges are great, they really push you to your limits.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
I love that I had to step away from my Kengonito comp to take out the bird! Aglovale and Vane, my knights in shining armor.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I'm stuck at the super chicken in Proud. Those triggers sure are something (not even Shiva destroys my team like that, lol) and I never built a team designed to last for water.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I also couldn't kill the fire proud with my water team. Had to throw Andira in there to finally get it lol

Proud+ was pretty easy. Chevira pretty much trivializes it.

Last edited:

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
I had the most trouble with Proud+, which took 3 attempts using Light teams (cleared it with Spartan). Had to kill Huanglong first as he was the most dangerous for my teams with his 60k attacks picking off units. Qilin's rotation was bad but not nearly as dangerous with enough HP.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Gone for a month and then a lot of stuff just happens during that time :/

Felt lucky to have drew Grimnir just before GW started, became my MVP. Also, this past GW was supposedly the most insane one yet right? Seeing as the point inflation was so much higher compared to before.

Proud mode were pretty fun since it gets people to plan stuff out and it only one time so why not.

Don't know what to think about the Primarch updates, which I'm pretty sure is a nice little boost of damage to push the cap more but currently for me it's just 25 dama bits for a skin...

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Finished all Proud and Proud + fights- It says something about my grids that I had zero issues with the 4 proud fights, but for Proud +, I had to do some insane things like have 3 characters with Ressurect abilities to stay alive

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I think having Funf really helped make the Proud+ go smoothly.

Like others had mentioned, the Fire Chicken was kind of scary. Hilarious to see my Yngwie get shredded like paper.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
Sounds like people running Light had a lot of problems with Proud+. I went in with Doctor(Parazonium, Ferry, VClarisse, Seox5* with a Celeste grid and burned down the horse first. I'm blessed with some pretty rare frontliners and lotsa Dispels. Clarisse eventually ate it to an angry bug lazer and Vampy popped in to keep things stable. After Turn 10 the bug got demolished by Seox's ridiculous 4th skill plus Ferry's skill 3 buff upgrade (love to attack 5x a turn).

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Is there any chance to see the Persona event again?

Might be out of luck. Seems like collab reruns are rare unfortunately.

Sounds like people running Light had a lot of problems with Proud+. I went in with Doctor(Parazonium, Ferry, VClarisse, Seox5* with a Celeste grid and burned down the horse first. I'm blessed with some pretty rare frontliners and lotsa Dispels. Clarisse eventually ate it to an angry bug lazer and Vampy popped in to keep things stable. After Turn 10 the bug got demolished by Seox's ridiculous 4th skill plus Ferry's skill 3 buff upgrade (love to attack 5x a turn).

How did you get this to work? This sounds hilariously awesome but I just tried it out in trials and all it did was trigger Ferry's buff first turn then Seox's one next turn.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
How did you get this to work? This sounds hilariously awesome but I just tried it out in trials and all it did was trigger Ferry's buff first turn then Seox's one next turn.

Mmmmm, I'll have to watch more closely next time I try it out then. I could be misremembering while in the heat of the moment. But Seox was definitely going at it like the MVP he is. I know both buffs appear on him so it's weird they aren't interacting. https://i.imgur.com/eSfXqNM.png

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Mmmmm, I'll have to watch more closely next time I try it out then. I could be misremembering while in the heat of the moment. But Seox was definitely going at it like the MVP he is. I know both buffs appear on him so it's weird they aren't interacting. https://i.imgur.com/eSfXqNM.png

Yeah, it a bit weird how they both can be applied at the same time because I thought it would usually overwrite one another. Still, as you said before, Ferry and Seox work pretty well together.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
The free 10-pulls have been nice, but I'm more happy about getting double Arcarum tickets lol. Almost there with the astra grind :/

Also, I guess I'm probably too late to mention, but people should probably save free draws for the upcoming banner change.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Have they announced what the next banner is gonna be? probably just some showcase for another element, right? Regardless, I already used my roll chasing for either earth summon. Got nothing but it was worth a try, in my opinion.