• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Have they announced what the next banner is gonna be? probably just some showcase for another element, right? Regardless, I already used my roll chasing for either earth summon. Got nothing but it was worth a try, in my opinion.

Legfest with new Medusa and Sariel as the dark primarch summon

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
With the new event story starting soon, my guess is probably the Premium Gala with new characters that relates to said event.

But, drawing for the earth summon pool doesn't seem bad since they also included Uriel who pretty useful for the upcoming Guild Wars.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They kinda broke the pattern with Sariel being the dark primarch summon so I wonder who the M2 playable characters for dark and light are gonna be. I can't imagine it being Metatron or Avatar because they aren't really characters like the other ones.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They kinda broke the pattern with Sariel being the dark primarch summon so I wonder who the M2 playable characters for dark and light are gonna be. I can't imagine it being Metatron or Avatar because they aren't really characters like the other ones.

I feel like those are supposed to be represented by DAO and Lucio already.

The next batch of grands should go back to focus on story characters, like Ferry.

Finished the new event story and I liked it enough for all the meta references. We were the monsters in GW all along, lol.

Interesting to see that they're setting up another longer story arc that is similar to the what the society events are doing.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like those are supposed to be represented by DAO and Lucio already.

The next batch of grands should go back to focus on story characters, like Ferry.

Finished the new event story and I liked it enough for all the meta references. We were the monsters in GW all along, lol.

Interesting to see that they're setting up another longer story arc that is similar to the what the society events are doing.

Story wise Lucio and DAO make sense but they don't fulfill the gameplay purpose of having the elemental boost sub auras like all the other M2 characters have, so they still need one for dark and light.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
What is your grid? For some reason I do absolutely garbage damage using mechanic with AK-4A.

msTGvvw.jpg

Still a work in progress, aiming for 3 buttons. I'm like half a million off.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Was thinking how cool a playable Baal would be going through the event story, and was pleasantly surprised with them teasing him.

We defiantly don't have our new character for the GW banner /s

This event be like ''Are we the baddies?'', next they're going to make one where we find out the gold nuggets from ROTB are actually the beast's children and we've been pilfering em so we could smoosh them together to please the Eternals.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
IMO this is probably the best event this year so far (not counting WMTSB). I really love all the banter between the primal beasts and 9S' (Geo) different voices are amazing. Glad that we could get a sequel to that. I would also bet that we will get a Geo raid further down the road like Grand Order.

And yeah I also need playable Baal as well as Satyr. Baal probably still needs some work considering that his skills are sooo boring.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Can't stop staring at Gran's pecks, shredded AF.

This EX2 (+Drum master) are the classes I was looking forward to the most, so pretty excited for more details.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I got Grand Io today. My light team is bursting with options so I doubt I'll use them much.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That's true, feels bad relegating good characters to the box. I'll read all my fate stories backlog one day, haha.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing about the State of Play made me think it was a Relink re-reveal, unforuntately the dates don't really line up even with the 5 minutes extra Japan is getting which I initially thought considering the franchise is far bigger there - but the dates don't really match for a reveal/magazine blowout (even considering the ZhugeEX 'hint' and this preview pic with the FF references).. Anyone getting the OPM UK magazine on the 7th?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Is it more important for the weapon grid to buff attack or have appropriate skills (off element SSRs vs on element SRs/Rs)?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
It depends on if you just started the game. I'd say appropriate skills scale a lot better in the beginning but if you're just starting out and only have Slv. 1 SR element weapons that are on element, off element SSRs might be better. Skill leveling SR weapons to Sl.4 or 3 for the moment would likely work out well, except for dark and light. Ideally you'd want to gradually switch out your grid for on element SSR weapons, with Sl.4 SR weapons bridging the gap until you get them.

TLDR; Having skills buff your characters element attack is better than stacking pure attack

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
Is it more important for the weapon grid to buff attack or have appropriate skills (off element SSRs vs on element SRs/Rs)?
Unless you just have began your weapon grids should be based mainly in weapons that have skills that buff characters of a specific element, mainly their attack. Using characters of a different element is mostly a suicidal thing of limited use.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I need to find a crew to join so I can do the Unite and Fight stuff.
Hearing about the State of Play made me think it was a Relink re-reveal, unforuntately the dates don't really line up even with the 5 minutes extra Japan is getting which I initially thought considering the franchise is far bigger there - but the dates don't really match for a reveal/magazine blowout (even considering the ZhugeEX 'hint' and this preview pic with the FF references).. Anyone getting the OPM UK magazine on the 7th?

Awesome.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
So I decided to pick this game up to see all the hub-bub and general interst in the upcoming PS4 game and I made an account QooApp, going by the Dualshockers page my login info is saved via the QooApp account?

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
So I decided to pick this game up to see all the hub-bub and general interst in the upcoming PS4 game and I made an account QooApp, going by the Dualshockers page my login info is saved via the QooApp account?

QooApp is only for downloading the game. When you load it up, it creates an account in game that ties to your phone.

I recommend linking an email account to it as well, just in case you decide to get an new phone or try it out on browser.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
The biggest thing people never seem to understand at first is that basically there is zero need to ever download anything. There might as well not be an app. Just go to game.granbluefantasy.jp

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
werent QooApp users also banned during the great banwave of 2019. Id be wary...

Interesting, first I've heard QooApp users were also targeted. Fortunately, haven't run into any trouble so far.

The biggest thing people never seem to understand at first is that basically there is zero need to ever download anything. There might as well not be an app. Just go to game.granbluefantasy.jp

This... this is pretty true, lol.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Today is Cygames' 8th anniversary. This last 12 months have been quite the rollercoaster of highs and lows (even more so than previous years), but as per usual the wild ride never really stops.

EDIT: Added

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to host my first UBHL after finishing my earth M2 as a test run and ended up getting a gold bar lol

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
As cool are some of the small UI changes the game just implemented, I wish they would focus on other features lol.

Also, any advise on what element to make the Chrysaor CCW for?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As cool are some of the small UI changes the game just implemented, I wish they would focus on other features lol.

Also, any advise on what element to make the Chrysaor CCW for?

The game needs a lot of UI changes but they're focusing on some useless ones. Just copy/paste all the QoL things from Viramate goddamnit :'(