• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
OMG new video of Versus!! Wanted Ghandagoza but Ladiva pretty awesome.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I did not expect Ladiva at all. They aren't picking all the obvious choices, that's for sure.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Cool. I was wondering who could be the game's grappler, I forgot the game had someone other than the main character withe wrestling moves.

I have big expectations for the game so the more varied the roster in every aspect the better.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
"New player" here (not really, lost my account with my phone some years ago because I didn't bother to link it at the time).
Literally just started now, skipped all the tutorials and done the free daily 10 draws from the ongoing campaign (got some Lady Grey as SSR. Yay ?)
I just wanted to know if I should dip into any of the 10 draws premium schemes going on or not pay attention to any of them ?

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"New player" here (not really, lost my account with my phone some years ago because I didn't bother to link it at the time).
Literally just started now, skipped all the tutorials and done the free daily 10 draws from the ongoing campaign (got some Lady Grey as SSR. Yay ?)
I just wanted to know if I should dip into any of the 10 draws premium schemes going on or not pay attention to any of them ?

You need real cash to pull on those guarantee premium draws, so don't bother.

This is not a great time to start too. We usually suggest people either start during the legfest banner at the end of the month (just over) or the flashfest banner in the middle (likely coming next week) because they feature special grand limited characters.

Or you try and see if anyone has an extra reroll account from the massive anniversary giveaway we had in March that gave hundreds of free draw.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Mmh ok. Then, I'll fiddle a little with this account, waiting for my grand debut with whatever-fest coming.
Thanks for the infos!

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
What's the best support mod setup for a mechanic that focuses on energy maneuver?

I have at least 2 tank chips just in case for some characters that have 200% bar for ougi, and 2 attack chip I guess (dosen't really matter if you're just moving between raids)

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a very new player (like new new, only gacha I've played is Fire Emblem Heroes and not for very long) and the options in this game are a little overwhelming. Any tips on what's important/helpful to do as a complete newbie? Or a good guide/resource I can read up on? Kinda wanna get into this because the announced console games look right up my alley and I dig the art but man there's just so much stuff here I don't know anything about.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a very new player (like new new, only gacha I've played is Fire Emblem Heroes and not for very long) and the options in this game are a little overwhelming. Any tips on what's important/helpful to do as a complete newbie? Or a good guide/resource I can read up on? Kinda wanna get into this because the announced console games look right up my alley and I dig the art but man there's just so much stuff here I don't know anything about.
The good news is they have done a lot of work to streamline the early game and reduce the amount of grind you have to do at the start
-Play the main story until it gets too difficult (there is a point where there are progress gates). This will give you some characters, and SSR weapons as you clear each island. Those items should immediatly go into your grid
-Go to Side Stories. Each of them has characters, weapons, and summons for finishing them. The highest priority should be the Aquors one (you get 3 SSR units that will be helpful early on), followed by the What Makes the Sky Blue and Paradise Lost (both have great characters and special Bahamut/Primal rewards, but these are gated behind story progression I believe)
-There are 2 showdown events running right now- Xeno Vohu Manah and Xeno Cocytus. Avoid these.
-
There will be an event called Unite and Fight starting on the 19th. Be careful- you can play some of it casually, but it's mostly an insane grind event for HL players
-
You should have something on your home screen advertising a Beginners Draw set. Even if you don't buy it in the time window it has, it will come back frequently until you buy it, so don't feel rushed to decide if you want to spend money.

More general stuff
-Don't draw the Gacha unless it's Premium Gala or Flash Gala. Never use 300 Crystals to do 1 Draw (always do 10 draws0
-Granblue is a Rainbow meta- the earlier you start making on-element teams for each element, the better (and the side story characters make this a lot easier)
-For each team, you need to build a grid of 1 mainhand weapon (based on what class you are playing- ie it needs to be a melee weapon if you are a grappler), and 9 other weapons. Weapons main strength doesn't come from their level/attack/hp values, but instead on the skill and the level of skill of the weapon. Generally, you want weapons with Attack up skills. The reason it's important to build grids for each element is that most weapons only provide skill for one element.
-For you main summon, early on in the game you want whatever gives you the highest attack up in that element that you have. As you progress and start to fill out your grids, you might want to switch to an Omega summon or a Primal summon, which raises the power of your weapon skills

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Should I be investing at all into SR/R weapons with attack boosts for the weapon grid, or just focus on building SSRs with attack boosts?

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the detailed tips. I have just one question:
-Granblue is a Rainbow meta- the earlier you start making on-element teams for each element, the better (and the side story characters make this a lot easier)

Does this mean I should make team composotions focusing on only 1 element? Like an all Wind team etc. I assume weapons and summons should have the same element as well in this case? Probably to exploit the elemental weaknesses of later bosses?

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018

Does this mean I should make team composotions focusing on only 1 element? Like an all Wind team etc. I assume weapons and summons should have the same element as well in this case? Probably to exploit the elemental weaknesses of later bosses?
Yes, there are some nuances about that but you don't have to worry about them at the beginning.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Should I be investing at all into SR/R weapons with attack boosts for the weapon grid, or just focus on building SSRs with attack boosts?
SR/R weapons really aren't worth the investment. You can skill level them to 4 when just starting out to fill out your grid, and even use them as skilk fodder when you get an SSR weapon but anything more is a waste.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

As soon as it's feasable, yes. That said, having a team you are confident in in each element is an incredible long-term thing- I'm rank 170 and am supremely confident in 2 elements, feel strongly about 2 more, feel mixed on 1, and have 1 where I feel like I haven't really developed anything.

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing a little bit ago, and there are two things so far which amuse me:

1) The Grancypher must be the most amazingly huge airship ever constructed, considering the number of people it must house and transport.

2) I can't believe there is an entire character dedicated to the fidget spinner fad.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
it is pretty huge

32WusB9.jpg

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Lol was going to post that pic, but yeah its supposedly classed as 'mid' sized ship.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any use for extra xeno weapon drops I might get or can I jsut use them for skill fodder?

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any use for extra xeno weapon drops I might get or can I jsut use them for skill fodder?
Usually two FLB Xenos of each element is more than enough. So no need for more than one FLB Xeno glacial staff and one FLB Xeno dante's harp, for example (though some people like min-maxing and getting two FLB copies of the Xeno with the highest atk stat). All the extra drops you can use as skill fodder if you need.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Talking about weapons and summons, what do you peeps do with the event ones?

I've got this JRPG mindset going on with stashing it all and not really doing anything with them. Should I really be just reducing/using them as skill fodders?
Send help!

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I've got this JRPG mindset going on with stashing it all and not really doing anything with them. Should I really be just reducing/using them as skill fodders?
Send help!

You should reduce the summons for quartz and use the weapons for fodder.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
In one GW I used an event summon that had dispel to not have to equip the skill in the MC. Story Event weapons and summons always are inferior to premium/grindeable ones so reduce them or use them as fodder unless you really need their skill.

If you miss how they looked you can use them as skins (both weapons and summons) after reducing them.

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017

Send help!

I usually keep 1 MLB of each just in case they find a use later. I tend to reduce / fodder the rest.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it correct of me to assume the sunstone in WtSiB 2 is more valuable than those demi summons since they all have better versions in the gacha?

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I should... I should! but I'm just an dirty hoarder...

Is it correct of me to assume the sunstone in WtSiB 2 is more valuable than those demi summons since they all have better versions in the gacha?

Need some clarification if this still is in effect, but you can still stone the demi version and than reduce them later to refund them if you ever get the gacha version. However, it would mean you don't get the free stone that comes from WTSIB.

Really, imo unless you've enough gacha weapon for an proper functioning primal grid, the stones probably the best choice.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
Yes, since the gacha versions are not ticketable if you have been playing for a long time preparing a primal grid without ever getting the primal you might want the demi as placeholder but they can be safely ignored in the long term.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
So, it's downtime for the next 3 hours
1.) What do you think we will get in the crate?
2.) Will there be any changes to the game, or is this just a pre-GW maintenance?

My guesses
1.) 100 half-pots and 100 berries
2.) Rambo class avalible

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
So last Unite and Fight I opened 8 boxes getting 8 copies of Three Tiger Axe with my current team strength. For this Unite and Fight should I try to get 36 more copies of Three Tiger Axe for uncapping or should I try to get a different weapon to unlock a different character? I'm almost done unlocking Threo, so I don't know what the best time investment would be after this as far as Revenant Weapons go.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
If you are confident about being able to get 36 boxes then go for it. As someone who has never done more than 20 boxes at a time, I would say that the jump from 8 to 36 is pretty big, so my suggestion would be to grind as many tokens as you can during the event but don't start opening boxes or even picking a weapon until the end of the event, then decide what you want to do by calculating roughly how many boxes you can open. If you are close to the 36 then pick the axe, even if you don't reach the required boxes, at least you'll be closer. If you are very far from it then go for the weapon of the next eternal you want.

Also, since you still haven't unlocked Threo, maybe you don't need to rush to get her final uncap immediately, just play around with her and enjoy wrecking everything, especially since it needs another grind for Silver Relics and if you didn't grinded for them already it's probably better to wait for a half AP event to save yourself some potions.

EDIT: obviously you don't have silver relics, you need an eternal first to be able to farm them, lol, forgot about it. Be aware that these thing are annoying to get. I've spent over an hour doing Angel Halo as efficiently as possible before it triggered a single Nightmare dimensional halo battle to get 1 relic, you need 40, so depending on your luck it may waste a lot of AP and time.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know I could wait until after I've drawn boxes to choose the weapon I want. That's good to know.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
You pick the weapon before being able to start opening boxes but you just need to know that each box after the first 4 needs 2000 tokens to get everything, the first 4 I'm not sure but is around 2500 each depending on how much you want to empty them. Based on that you acn roughly know how many boxes you can open at the end.

The only problem is if you want the healing items in the boxes for the event, but depending on your strenght you may not need them.

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
Really don't feel like playing much these days cause the grind for an m2 grid is soul crushing. Doesn't help I have to use my 2 weakest grids for the next 2 unite and fights.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
If anyone is interested, they released the Daigo vs Fuudo GB Versus video. Here the one with English commentary: