• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You can also get them by trading animas. So it's two per month in the shop.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Nice, more free stuff. So is vortex dragon still reduce for quartz or is it worth keeping?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, more free stuff. So is vortex dragon still reduce for quartz or is it worth keeping?
Vortex Dragon used to be a meme that you instantly reduced. Since it's 4*, it now has... some? use, as it raises CA Cap and CA Damage through it's aura. If you don't have an immediate need for Light Quartz, i'd probably hold on to it

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Vortex Dragon used to be a meme that you instantly reduced. Since it's 4*, it now has... some? use, as it raises CA Cap and CA Damage through it's aura. If you don't have an immediate need for Light Quartz, i'd probably hold on to it
Cool, I guess it does have some niche uses.

Wonder what other summons are we going to get.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you're not going to use it, it's worth to flb the vortex dragon so you can get extra 200 quartz when reducing it.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
This Proud+ wasn't nearly as bad as the last one. Most annoying thing was the last boss using a "can't heal" debuff that can't be removed and the second fight throwing Death debuffs. Easiest approach is to just use damage cut teams (Spartan and/or damage cut allies) and summons, and keeping your HP high going into fight three if you use the same team twice.

Oct 25, 2017
When can we buy astras with mats again!?

EG34N7BW4AEPmB1

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
When is xeno ifrit getting rerun (for the what fifth time?) or is there any other reasonable way to get the showdown mat besides running maniac

Rutti

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
When is xeno ifrit getting rerun (for the what fifth time?) or is there any other reasonable way to get the showdown mat besides running maniac
I'm pretty sure they changed it so it drops from extreme too. There's also the co-op Ifrit stage.

When can we buy astras with mats again!?
We have been able to buy arcarum points from reruns and collabs. Next rerun is after proving grounds.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like they now only do each Xeno once a year, and for the ones that have already had their re-run that adds a second weapon, they are pairing them together, like how Fenrir and Cerberus are run together. We already had Ifrit in March, and we haven't had Diablo yet, so it's Probably Diablo in November (most likely in the week between the new story event and the November 14th Unite and Fight), and then Ifrit sometime in 2020.

You now get showdown mats from Extreme, so just do that a bunch. The Co-op might have a higher drop rate if you are able to do that faster.

Host that are too cheap to revive to finish the last sub10% of a raid are the worst lol.
Four Primarchs is the worst for this. I tend to MVP any pubbed ones I join just because I always bring Water, and because I will Elixer once if Need to, while no one else does and it's just me killing the boss after 20 minutes alone

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
I really didn't expect Halloween Zeta/Vaseraga Fate Episodes being so plot heavy/serious, they are like a mini event.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
Uh so I got this Alanan guy but I don't even know why he is good I guess he goes in the back row?
He allows you to do criticals off element so if you have a really good primal grid you can race Protobahamut HL for gold bars (since you have to fight all elements except light). He also allows to maximize Shiva turns.

On normal fights leave it in the back for his backline clear/heal buff.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Kou is the most obvious pick considering they already teased his sprite, but knowing this game and its aversion to making new male SSR characters that aren't the knights, who knows lol.
I am fully expecting a new combo unit of Yuel and Soci and Kou to be one of the new units in the Gacha. Main focus on Yuel and Soci, with Kou only appearing if you use 1 specific skill on the unit, which starts on a 10 turn cooldown.

The Feather Event not actually having a new Feather or Randle, but instead a new Aliza broke me

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I am fully expecting a new combo unit of Yuel and Soci and Kou to be one of the new units in the Gacha. Main focus on Yuel and Soci, with Kou only appearing if you use 1 specific skill on the unit, which starts on a 10 turn cooldown.

The Feather Event not actually having a new Feather or Randle, but instead a new Aliza broke me
Was thinking on the line of SR Kou but sure, this is just as hilarious lol. (Still Salty with that Stan SSR)

Oct 26, 2017
Kou is the most obvious pick considering they already teased his sprite, but knowing this game and its aversion to making new male SSR characters that aren't the knights, who knows lol.

We really should be getting Kou, but I won't be surprised if they end up doing a Yuel/Socie dual unit since that's what everyone is joking about right now.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't read the story to the event, because they announced that another chapter is coming later this week (and I wanted to do the daily missions!), but apparently it's by far the worst story event this year, with people complaining about the lack of original ideas

We all but confirm that we are getting a new Wind Soci SSR later this week, and that there will be a Dark Kou, but he might be SR

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
LTTP: Finally managed to solo UBaha HL. Gisenborger feels cheesy but it so majestic to see him tank everything.

nBL02XD.png

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't read the story to the event, because they announced that another chapter is coming later this week (and I wanted to do the daily missions!), but apparently it's by far the worst story event this year, with people complaining about the lack of original ideas

We all but confirm that we are getting a new Wind Soci SSR later this week, and that there will be a Dark Kou, but he might be SR
It's definitely a bit of a retread of the first event, which is a problem since they just reran it. It still has some fun moments though.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Proud wasn't as difficult this time as the Siegfried event IMO in terms of buff/debuff tricks, but the amount of damage was still a lot for my dark teams so I ended up relying on damage cuts summons/units + Joker to stall/put the enemies to sleep.

Oct 26, 2017
I liked the new event.

Seeing Kou resolve to payback the kindness he received from Yuel/Societte and the others by saving You who didn't have any meaning in her life due to her upbringing and Ninpress' manipulation was great. The ending makes me think Kou/You dual unit but that probably won't happen.

I'm curious about the Fate episode thing on the 31st. Some seem to think this implies we'll get a free event character, but I think it's just going to be a new gacha character, with the notice directing you to watch the first fate episode that they always have available for new chars since this one will pertain directly to the event like some others have.

This is You's VA's first video game role and her performance was really good imo.

This is also the first time I'm clearing out boxes, mostly due to Full Auto removing a lot of the tedium.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This event peaks at the Kou bully.

I wouldn't put cygames past a double SSR release like with Stan/Aliza and Tabina.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Man all of the follow ups to my favorite events have been so so at best. After Right Behind You, Second Advent was just OK, and now this one too.

I mean just like Second Advent there was still plenty of good stuff in this event, I mean
Societte pulling a Rapunzel and charming an entire bar full of bad guys was great... on the other hand Societte was "shy" before but she wasn't ever THAT naive before
also for the new character
her entire arc was so cliche, which yeah duh, but was it that hard to make at least one story beat with her that wasn't immediately obvious from the start?
Kou, Sochie and Yuel together brought lots of smiles.
But it also made You a weaker character in comparison. Kou's hard luck story, by being a little less over the top, was more relatable maybe. His actions were more understandable. At the same time, Kou knew what he was doing was wrong, he still did it, and immediately regretted it, then he worked for forgiveness. You on the other hand, from the first chapter you know she isn't in control or to blame for anything she's doing, so her being forgiven doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sparked Eugen gun in pursuit of finally finishing this earth grid. All I need are three more copies of gilgamesh weapon and Mjolnir and my earth titan/caim grid will be complete, so many dama bars used in it as well, lol. But now I need to do several fate episodes for four star uncaps of alexial, eugen, and one more weapon or so.

Sad I didn't get Kou, his art is cute (also Was sure he should be 15 or so, 12 is so young)

Did get 9 or so gold bars, so now Im up to 68/100 for Mjolnir, hype.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh, they make a male character with suggestive art and they chose Kou of all characters? He's fucking 12...

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh, they make a male character with suggestive art and they chose Kou of all characters? He's fucking 12...
I'll give Cygames all the credit in the world- I don't think Kou is a great unit- a Katana/Harp healer with a weird kit- but they made him an honest-to-god solo SSR, and decided "lets just make him as horny as possible"

Seriously, THIS is the art they went with
480px-Npc_zoom_3040242000_02.png

...and this is apparently his Halloween lines
EILR8NLW4AEnWXR

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Amiami has the physical version of the Japanese PS4 game up for pre-order, at ~$55 USD before shipping costs. Pretty sure Amiami DOESN'T allow cancelations of pre-orders, but if you want to make sure you are getting the code and don't mind waiting an extra week or 2 for the game to arrive, it might be a good deal

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, but I thought the code was bundled with the limited edition only.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
That Kou art is a no from me :/

Never realized how weak my dark team synergy was until this proud fight. Although, thankfully Tanya carried me hard with her passive.

Also, wonder if it a coincidence but the way SR You fight, kind of reminds me of Iori from KoF. Another easter egg maybe? (Cygames do love their KoF)

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
2dd.jpg

Black Knight getting an FLB. She was my first spark because I loved how metal her armour design looked as it reminded me of the Judges from FF12. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

I thought the same. And I think it's intentional, look to Feather for another character inspired by fighting games.

His art/uncap art is basically Raging Storm.
They should just reach out to SNK and do KoF or another SamSho event already heh.