• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
okay, so i'm prepping for light GW coming up. I run fully uncapped Luci with a friend Zeus. I'm looking to fit in an opus weapon. should i drop a chev sword for one?

https://imgur.com/6L7vsPY

Is atma sword light still a thing? should i drop it? i'm running albert, lucio and seruel.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Regular Jeanne is still great though. I'm thinking of running an Ultima sword comp with Jeanne, Lucio, Charlotta while using Berserker w/ Cert for DATA.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm probably going to do Cosmo, Ultima, 5 Magna Swords, Opus, Seraphic, ??? as a grid for GW with Charlotte/Lucio/Normal Jeanne?. Only real issue is the Grand I have dama'd in light is an Eden instead of a Cent, so can't really mainhand it for GW

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm probably going to do Cosmo, Ultima, 5 Magna Swords, Opus, Seraphic, ??? as a grid for GW with Charlotte/Lucio/Normal Jeanne?. Only real issue is the Grand I have dama'd in light is an Eden instead of a Cent, so can't really mainhand it for GW
Do you have Amira? You can frontline her for DATA

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Flb Cosmo is looking pretty fine then, I assume? I've been way off the granblue train for a while and only recently started coming back into it.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any particularly good elemental synergies for either? Running Magna 2 grids (have the primals just dont want to invest the real world money to build the grids)
100 Gold Moon weapons are more valuable for their MH skills than whatever random other skill they come with so there is no reason not to consider them especially since several are incredible.

Consider putting 2 Damaging skills + Debuff Damaging Skill + Fighting Spirit (damage + charge bar increase) on your Nighthound, and all skills activate twice in a turn (due to Hercules effect), incredible damage + incredible debuff + basically instant 100% charge bar on turn one potentially...Hercules should be a no brainer to everyone.

I use it on my Levi Omega Grid.

Last edited:

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
if you don't know what to spend gold moons/bricks/sunstones on on it's usually a very good indicator that you shouldn't be spending them at all; you'll know when you need them

and no, you shouldn't buy 100 moon weapons

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
okay, so i'm prepping for light GW coming up. I run fully uncapped Luci with a friend Zeus. I'm looking to fit in an opus weapon. should i drop a chev sword for one?

https://imgur.com/6L7vsPY

Is atma sword light still a thing? should i drop it? i'm running albert, lucio and seruel.

it can be a thing and the roster's pretty versatile, and its what i'm running.

Flb Cosmo is looking pretty fine then, I assume? I've been way off the granblue train for a while and only recently started coming back into it.

Yeah, I would say the real winners are cosmic sword (AES/Chev swords) blade (Devil/Shiva, Agni, or Titan) and Lance (gislas/edens)

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you don't know what to spend gold moons/bricks/sunstones on on it's usually a very good indicator that you shouldn't be spending them at all; you'll know when you need them

and no, you shouldn't buy 100 moon weapons

While I appreciate the advice I'm not sure I buy the reasoning. I feel its unlikely that I'll wake up one morning with a divine insight into how best to spend my gold moons ;)

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I understanding calculations correctly to assume 2 Alex Hammer + Autumn's transformation is better than 3 Alex Hammer when boosted by 2 FLB Yggdrasils?

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
While I appreciate the advice I'm not sure I buy the reasoning. I feel its unlikely that I'll wake up one morning with a divine insight into how best to spend my gold moons ;)

I'll say it can really happen and depends mostly on what you pull from the gacha. Like, right now I have a couple of primal summons, but I don't invest on any of them because I don't have any dupes of grand weapons, but if I had a miraculous pull of a couple important weapons for an element I would consider more seriously to build a primal grid with them, which would require investment on damascus bars and maybe sunstones.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Drax Do you perhaps have one with notes for light grids?

I really don't, you can try using one of the multiple discords (GBF international, reddit cord, or the cord linked in the op). The cord in the op is pretty small, but some of the players are from the strongest english only players ( EOP)crew (, who know more then I.

You could try using kamigame, which is a japanese resource and google translate. I have linked both magna and zeus versions here.

https://kamigame.jp/グラブル/武器編成/理想編成_光.html

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I really don't, you can try using one of the multiple discords (GBF international, reddit cord, or the cord linked in the op). The cord in the op is pretty small, but some of the players are from the strongest english only players ( EOP)crew (, who know more then I.

You could try using kamigame, which is a japanese resource and google translate. I have linked both magna and zeus versions here.

https://kamigame.jp/グラブル/武器編成/理想編成_光.html

No worries! The link is still really helpful in answering what I wanted. Thank you very much!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Crafted my Ultima Sword, but it looks like Berserker(w/ Cert)/Jeanne/Charlotta/Khumbira gives me a better turn 1 damage over Berserker(w/ Cert)/Jeanne/Charlotta/Lucio.

Sorry Lucio, you got bumped to the back-line

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm regretting taking a break and missing the Xeno light gun. Not having much luck putting together a OTK setup. I suppose the one saving grace is that I probably dont need a second metatron bow and should be looking at FLB-ing a Cosmos Sword (which I don't have but foddered in the past, the shame)

Last edited:

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
none of the things worth buying with gold moons make sense unless you're committing to a primal element, and unless you spend large amounts of money cash sparking to create a situation where that's possible, you're either dependent on randomly rolling enough components to justify an investment (probably primal summon + multiple grands, or an entire grid of grands with no summon), at which point you'll probably know if you want to do it, or willing to commit multiple sparks at the cost of missing out on core limited characters in other elements, at which point you'll definitely know if you want to do it
having limited resources burning holes in your pocket is how you get baited into doing dumb stuff like stoning hades and bricking three fallen swords to go slower than magna

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just echoing here what most said: if you don't know in what spend your gold moons, you probably shouldn't spend them at all yet.

For most people, the only reasonable choice is dama bars. In some cases, 30 moon weapons can be worth (nowadays, only Gisla, and maybe Taming Sari in some situations). If you don't care about meta or primal grids, I think it's valid to invest in a Siero tix to get that character/summon you always wanted but can't spark or suptix. 100 gold moons are a total waste though, in any situation besides the mega whales (who barely use them as well).

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how Sunstones are more important now than ever (with Evokers, things like Belial, and the Primarch series summons to a lesser extent), I think adding sunstones to the Gold Moon shop would be a wonderful idea

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People prefer to get Evolites from GW now. But yeah, you could add evolites to the moon shop as well (never gonna happen).

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I like 100 moon weapons and I'll keep getting them. KMR teased a third skill on them. LETS GO.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And don't forget the "free" sunstones from buying the BD's, such a bargain. I'd like to MLB my Primarch summons but the 5% DMG Cap doesnt seem worth it at the moment.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, got a gold bar from verdant azurite leeching. Think thats the first one I've had drop.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
So light magna's damage is nothing but disappointment, is it? I had to get all this:

21Vxt2C.png

and even scrap the bottom of the barrel and get a 0* The star to finally get to 20 million damage.

772SLYr.png

And even then I still need a 5* Lucifer support and seven skills to achieve it, anything else and it falls short of the OTKO.

Was this the GW where EX+ health is getting buffed? if so, that's quite the dick move.

Last edited:

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For Light or you go Zeus or get a ULB Opus and build a cosmos magna grid. There's no other way to do decent damage, sadly. At least it's still the best tank element.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Got any characters that trigger skill damage on ougi? Maybe Silva in the backline for her passive? Or Normal Jeanne for the extra stamina buff.

Your grid looks pretty on the nose of what I expect a lot of people is probably going to be using in this GW.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Health isnt getting buffed until the next GW. I managed to get a one turn setup together. But its a fair bit of clicking.

Using this grid

YS3wzAg.png

These characters (Sandalphon isnt needed) and a friend Huanglong

4DQt0fe.png

Then it's:

MC: Miserable Mist, Dual Arts, Aurum Flow
Lyria: 2 (Roaring Fire+)
Robomi: Nothing (You can pop 1 twice or 1 and 3 to make it more reliable, or if you dont have Silva)
Naoise: 3 (Aureate Stance), 2 (Lucent Thrust+)
Summon: Friend Huanglong

Reliably does ~21.3 million. You could likely replace Robomi with any other high ougi character (https://gbf.wiki/User:Traveler/LightGW ) e.g. Melissabelle (Valentine), Dorothy & Claudia, Zoey, Sandalphon, Pig, etc. Obviously the friend Huanglong plays a big part. If you don't have one feel free to add me 7517901

Last edited:

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Got any characters that trigger skill damage on ougi? Maybe Silva in the backline for her passive? Or Normal Jeanne for the extra stamina buff.

Your grid looks pretty on the nose of what I expect a lot of people is probably going to be using in this GW.

I'm using Jeanne for her charge bar boost, which allows me to use the CCW as mainhand instead of the xeno sword, and have summer Halll & Mall in the backline since the opus gives me 1 crest after the C.A., sadly no light Silva to help out. I have another setup with Chrysaor/Lyria/Clarisse/Grand Noa that gets more comfortably over 21 million damage with only one more skill press needed, but somehow it ends up adding 10 more seconds, but since it uses a Huanglong support I can use it to 3 turn NM 90, in theory.

KZczDtJ.png

I think having no decent means to break the damage cap is my biggest problem, on the bright side I don't need summon calls like Shiva, Bahamut, etc. which lets me run full auto when bored and as long as miserable mist doesn't fails both setups seems to succeed.

Health isnt getting buffed until the next GW. I managed to get a one turn setup together. But its a fair bit of clicking.

Using this grid

These characters (Sandalphon isnt needed) and a friend Huanglong

4DQt0fe.png

Then it's:

MC: Miserable Mist, Dual Arts, Aurum Flow
Lyria: 2 (Roaring Fire+)
Robomi: Nothing (You can pop 1 twice or 1 and 3 to make it more reliable, or if you dont have Silva)
Naoise: 3 (Aureate Stance), 2 (Lucent Thrust+)
Summon: Friend Huanglong

Reliably does ~21.3 million. You could likely replace Robomi with any other high ougi character (https://gbf.wiki/User:Traveler/LightGW ) e.g. Melissabelle (Valentine), Dorothy & Claudia, Zoey, Sandalphon, Pig, etc. Obviously the friend Huanglong plays a big part. If you don't have one feel free to add me 7517901

Good thing they are not buffing the boss yet. I sent you a friend request but I get the message that the player doesn't accepts them.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I'm using Jeanne for her charge bar boost, which allows me to use the CCW as mainhand instead of the xeno sword, and have summer Halll & Mall in the backline since the opus gives me 1 crest after the C.A., sadly no light Silva to help out. I have another setup with Chrysaor/Lyria/Clarisse/Grand Noa that gets more comfortably over 21 million damage with only one more skill press needed, but somehow it ends up adding 10 more seconds, but since it uses a Huanglong support I can use it to 3 turn NM 90, in theory.

KZczDtJ.png

I think having no decent means to break the damage cap is my biggest problem, on the bright side I don't need summon calls like Shiva, Bahamut, etc. which lets me run full auto when bored and as long as miserable mist doesn't fails both setups seems to succeed.

Good thing they are not buffing the boss yet. I sent you a friend request but I get the message that the player doesn't accepts them.
Yeah, if you can't make it up with the cap then you just have to tweak the team. More button presses ain't bad if you managed to OTK in the end.

Uthred posted an pretty good link, I somehow forgot about it lol (need to bookmark more stuff)

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
well, the only thing it's missing to turn it into a 2-3 button setup is stam key on the opus

The final uncap is still a bit further away for me, unfortunately. I have three gold bars on the shop and I'm missing 4 eternals, with the one from the anniversary I plan to get the whole team. I guess I'm finally at the point where I canget into raids with gold bar drops but I still feel like I need to prepare a bit. I'm a bit timid when it comes to challenging harder content than I'm used to, lol.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
This is a 4-skill 75% of the time, 5-skill overkill 100% of the time. Song is only 4*, and you need to have all 10 eternals so she starts with 10 extra bar. It's Naoise 3 (and his 2 if going for 5 skill), and then Gran Mist/Flow/Dual to kill. Ruler of Fate helps a lot with the big Ougi cap up. I still need to move some plus marks around, and Temperence is only there as a stat stick
EOrUPl8WAAAWfgm
EOrUPl8XsAcN5Nj
EOrUPl_XkAE53PS