• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AppleSautts

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I'm using 3 harps + 2 Nezha spears but I'm also using Siete FLB and 2 windhose. This is the first GW where I don't have to use any summons so this is my best 1T ever.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
3 harps setup here too. I'm satisfied with my summon + 3 buttons ex+ which is about the best I can expect from it. The other nice thing is that all the buttons are on my MC too.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I def. need to redo the full tutorial this weekend. So far ive only had time to login and do the multi.
Where can i see my full party/unit roster ?
All i do right now is use the auto party function - and the best setup i get is Vaserga/Lady Grey/Seruel on the main party and Ilsa/Ryan as sub members. Ryan is R the others are SSRs.

Is this a solid start ? None of them seem to be Valentines Day related so i probably didnt pull on that banner.
i thought the app isnt supported anymore and its just chrome browser.
I dont know about since ive only played via Browser so far - but there is an app available on QooApp.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I def. need to redo the full tutorial this weekend. So far ive only had time to login and do the multi.
Where can i see my full party/unit roster ?
All i do right now is use the auto party function - and the best setup i get is Vaserga/Lady Grey/Seruel on the main party and Ilsa/Ryan as sub members. Ryan is R the others are SSRs.

Is this a solid start ? None of them seem to be Valentines Day related so i probably didnt pull on that banner.

I dont know about since ive only played via Browser so far - but there is an app available on QooApp.
You can see your full roster of characters by going to Menu (the orb at the top-right of any screen), Inventory, and selecting the characters tab. Use the Filter button and use reset all to see all of the characters you have.
Generally, the auto-function is useless for team building. What your goal should be is getting enough characters to at least have a frontline 3 of all the same element.
The easiest way to get a bunch of useful characters is to go to the Side Stories, and play those. Many of them have characters, and most of the Colab ones have multiple SSR units that will be very useful for you starting out, and they have low story progression requirements to unlock:

Code Geass- You need main story Chapter 13
Love Live Sunshine Aquors- Chapter 8
Princess Connect- Chapter 10

When I say that these are useful, Kokkoro from Princess Connect is one of the best non-seasonal/limited Wind units in the game, while the other units you get from these will probably be mainstays in your frontline for a long time. The 2 units in the What Makes the Sky Blue 1 and 2 Side stories are also incredibly useful (Lyria and Sandalphon), but that requires fairly deep Story progression ( I think it's chapter 50).

I'm Assuming you got Dark Vasaraga (he also has an earth unit), so putting him, Lady Grey, and one of the dark units from those side stories (each one of those above has a dark unit) would make a good starting dark team. You can mostly ignore R characters unlessthey are your waifu/husbando, and due to years of the game existing, there are maybe a dozen SR units in the game that aren't better than any random SSR unit, and a lot of those are due to special mechanics that might not be as important to newer players (such as Lyria's ability to do giant one turn totals, 200% meter characters, or characters with backrow abilites).

And don't worry about the Valentines characters- this game is almost 6 years old, and the draw pool is heavily diluted from 6 years worth of characters. Even though they were on rate up, and SSR rates were doubled to 6%, you only had a like .05% chance of actually getting a Valentines Unit

I've done a few other "I'm new!" posts the last few pages, but some general info for a starting player
-Never use your crystals to draw unless it is Premium Gala or Flash Gala. When it is one of those, never do single draws with crystals, do 3000 crystals for a 10 draw. SSR rates are doubled to 6% in Gala, and Gala exclusive/limited characters appear in those pools. These happen for 4-5 days in the middle and at the end of the month. Single Draw tickets should also only be used whenever it's gala, but it's not as great a sin to do them off-gala.
-Never reduce or fodder SSR weapons you get in Gacha until you have an understanding of what is good and what isnt. The same is also mostly true for ones you get from drops
-The power of a weapon comes more from the skill level than the actual level. All weapons have 1 or more skills, and those skills can be raised to level 10 (15 if it has 4* uncapped- not all weapons have this option). The GBF English Wiki has a great guide on how to do this. For the most part, a level 1, Skill level 10 weapon is going to be a lot better than a level 100, skill level 1 version of the weapon.
-While you do want to unlock all classes in the game, your first goal should be getting the Tier 3 job Dark Fencer unlocked. When you master a job, you get the ability to add it's subskill to other classes in a "flex" role. Dark Fencer has the subskill "Miserable Mist", which is far an away the most useful subskill in the game, used by players of all levels. To unlock Dark Fencer, you need Class 1 Enhancer, Knight, Priest and Class 2 Arcana Dueler and Sentinal classes mastered. Once you have Dark Fencer unlocked and mastered, you can go back and start unlocking other classes
-Granblue has a Rainbow Meta- With few exceptions, you want to be using the element that your opponent is weak against. YOu will need to create teams for all 6 elements over time, and don't get frustrated if you are having issues with content because you don't have the right element team
-While the auto function sucks, The GBF handbook templates are very useful That GBF handbook Icon on the home screen has a series of templates to work towards for each element, and will help you with how to find things
-

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
-Never use your crystals to draw unless it is Premium Gala or Flash Gala. When it is one of those, never do single draws with crystals, do 3000 crystals for a 10 draw.
I disagree. Draw on +mark bonus days. +300 characters and a full +99 grid are amazing to have and look pretty too.
-Never reduce or fodder SSR weapons you get in Gacha until you have an understanding of what is good and what isnt. The same is also mostly true for ones you get from drops
Definitely Disagree. Unless it says Grand. Reduce it. Also unless you plan to do the grids where you need one of a different weapon type, reduce it. Lastly, if it looks cool, don't reduce. Several weapons look ultra cool and have ultra gnarly effects. Hauteclaire for example.

-While you do want to unlock all classes in the game, your first goal should be getting the Tier 3 job Dark Fencer unlocked.
Vehemently Disagree. Just go for whatever looks the coolest and funnest. Why rush to play Dark Fencer when its a drag compared some of the cooler classes like RuneSlayer or Kengo, or Drummer or Chysandor? Only get Dark Fencer to get Chaos Lewder. Also, you can't solo your own raids as a dull Dark Fencer.

-Granblue has a Rainbow Meta- With few exceptions, you want to be using the element that your opponent is weak against. YOu will need to create teams for all 6 elements over time, and don't get frustrated if you are having issues with content because you don't have the right element team
Utterly Disagree. Wouldn't worry about this until you have a super strong main element team. Game is incredibly boring trying to level up and focus on multiple element teams at the same time. Focus until like rank 120+ then branch out.

Pending characters and weapons, try one of the cooler Two Element teams, or multi element teams if you get Grand Order.

Final advice.

Dont ignore SR characters. SR characters are fantastic and many are core (Johann, Noa, Feather, Arthur/Mordred, Elmott, for example).

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. Draw on +mark bonus days. +300 characters and a full +99 grid are amazing to have and look pretty too.

They don't really come close to getting a good character or summon. Unless you are planning to spend on the game they fall very much into the "nice to have" rather than "essential" category.

Definitely Disagree. Unless it says Grand. Reduce it. Also unless you plan to do the grids where you need one of a different weapon type, reduce it. Lastly, if it looks cool, don't reduce. Several weapons look ultra cool and have ultra gnarly effects. Hauteclaire for example.

Reducing the weapons is probably not going to give you a huge boost. You're much better hanging onto them until you know you dont want them. Also, why would you hold onto a weapon for looks? Once you get it its skin is unlocked so you dont need to.

Vehemently Disagree. Just go for whatever looks the coolest and funnest. Why rush to play Dark Fencer when its a drag compared some of the cooler classes like RuneSlayer or Kengo, or Drummer or Chysandor? Only get Dark Fencer to get Chaos Lewder. Also, you can't solo your own raids as a dull Dark Fencer.

This seems like really, really bad advice. Drummer is the only one there that's in any way reasonable. Having to grind out a class champion weapon and the other mats for EX2 classes is going to be an absolutely ridiculous slog for a new player. Then on top of that most of the EX2 classes don't actually offer much basic utility or usability until your grids are well established. New players are much better off focusing on strong utility classes like Dark Fencer and working on unlocking the Tier 4 classes. The majority of which offer much broader utility than EX2 classes.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Don't take any of DTL's advice, but in particular,
Until recently it was legitimatly impossible to get any of the Tier 4/EX2 classes he mentioned before you became a rank 101 player and can access Impossible difficulty Raids for Prestige Points to get the Distinctions, and even now that it's technically possible (NM fights in Unite and Fight now give Prestige), it's very difficult to do (you are going to be low rank so killing NM isn't going to be easy) and requires a ton of time (it isn't possible to get enough prestige in a single GW for this). So lol.

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like really, really bad advice. Drummer is the only one there that's in any way reasonable. Having to grind out a class champion weapon and the other mats for EX2 classes is going to be an absolutely ridiculous slog for a new player. Then on top of that most of the EX2 classes don't actually offer much basic utility or usability until your grids are well established. New players are much better off focusing on strong utility classes like Dark Fencer and working on unlocking the Tier 4 classes. The majority of which offer much broader utility than EX2 classes.
Fun > Utility. Theres so many classes, so many weapons, so many characters, why suggest the same tired and dull path which has burnt people out when you can do what makes you have fun. Further, having identifiable targets for classes, means more focused and direct playing for something that will be fulfilling, this motivation encourages sticking to the game longer and having fun versus, just doing the same thing with a boring as beans class.

Reducing the weapons is probably not going to give you a huge boost. You're much better hanging onto them until you know you dont want them. Also, why would you hold onto a weapon for looks? Once you get it its skin is unlocked so you dont need to.
Why would you use a skin with a subpar weapon, use the actual weapon since it gives a good skill, see people using skin for Lich gun versus using the Lich Gun itself. Lich gun is incredibly cool.

Also space and mat are limited, whats the point of keeping weapons in your stash and inventory, just wasting space. There are lots of pointless useless Gacha weapons.

Until recently it was legitimatly impossible to get any of the classes he mentioned before you became a rank 101 player, and even now that it's technically possible (NM fights in Unite and Fight now give Prestige), it's very difficult to do (you are going to be low rank so killing NM isn't going to be easy) and requires a ton of time (it isn't possible to get enough prestige in a single GW for this). So lol.
If one has a clear identifiable cool looking class to reach, then they would remain motivated and focused to do this grind. Grind is the name of the game (GrindBLue Fantasy afterall) so giving oneself any motivation to stick with it, is much more important than going for utility, especially since, you, again, can't solo as Dark Fencer in a reasonable fun or enjoyable manner. I'm sure one remembers their heart rate rising when they attempted to, and how now, it doesnt when they solo raids with Kengo on full auto. Worth it.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's hard to unlock any of those classes without unlocking Dark Fencer in the process.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
If one has a clear identifiable cool looking class to reach, then they would remain motivated and focused to do this grind. Grind is the name of the game (GrindBLue Fantasy afterall) so giving oneself any motivation to stick with it, is much more important than going for utility, especially since, you, again, can't solo as Dark Fencer in a reasonable fun or enjoyable manner. I'm sure one remembers their heart rate rising when they attempted to, and how now, it doesnt when they solo raids with Kengo on full auto. Worth it.
....The dark Fencer is the class you use when you are doing solo attempts pre-HL, because you get Gravity, Mist, AND a subskill.
Also, YOu need almost 2000 prestige from GW to make a Tier 4 class pre-HL, which is less a grinding issue and more of a "barely possible" issue, because you need to get honors thresholds on these NM mosters to even GET prestige. Remember- you need to trade for 30 on-element Centrums as well that come as a free drop from Impossible tier magnas, and you can only trade for 10 a month with Prestige, so even if you are insane and do that, it's going to take 3 months

While it's theoretically possible now to get a CCW before HL, no one has publicly done it yet, BECAUSE ITS INSANE

Oct 25, 2017
....The dark Fencer is the class you use when you are doing solo attempts pre-HL, because you get Gravity, Mist, AND a subskill.
Also, YOu need almost 2000 prestige from GW to make a Tier 4 class pre-HL, which is less a grinding issue and more of a "barely possible" issue, because you need to get honors thresholds on these NM mosters to even GET prestige. Remember- you need to trade for 30 on-element Centrums as well that come as a free drop from Impossible tier magnas, and you can only trade for 10 a month with Prestige, so even if you are insane and do that, it's going to take 3 months

While it's theoretically possible now to get a CCW before HL, no one has publicly done it yet, BECAUSE ITS INSANE
I dont know why time is an issue when you will be taking that much time to gather a suite of relevant characters to use for your grid of interest. And again, with the goal in mind, three months will go by pretty quickly.

I was never soloing as Dark Fencer, there were more relevant classes to use (solo as Sage or Superstar) Characters and summons can give you your debuffs or just brute force your way through.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fun > Utility. Theres so many classes, so many weapons, so many characters, why suggest the same tired and dull path which has burnt people out when you can do what makes you have fun. Further, having identifiable targets for classes, means more focused and direct playing for something that will be fulfilling, this motivation encourages sticking to the game longer and having fun versus, just doing the same thing with a boring as beans class.

You won't have fun as a starting player trying to unlock an EX2 class. It's a recipe for frustration. It's also not even useful to a starting player. Even if your goal is, say, Kengo you should still unlock stuff like Dark Fencer first because it will make the entire process quicker. If the relatively short grind to unlock T3 classes is going to burn someone out then this isn't the game for them because its a drop in the ocean.

Why would you use a skin with a subpar weapon, use the actual weapon since it gives a good skill, see people using skin for Lich gun versus using the Lich Gun itself. Lich gun is incredibly cool.

I'm genuinely confused. You said to keep "useless" gacha weapons around because they look cool. I responded that you dont need to keep a gacha weapon for its skin and now here we are.

Also space and mat are limited, whats the point of keeping weapons in your stash and inventory, just wasting space. There are lots of pointless useless Gacha weapons.

Gacha weapons go your mailbox, they dont take up any space. A new player should use ones they arent sure they'll need sitting there.

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder, there is a Discord you can join in OP if you also want to ask questions. We have a channel just for #questions

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
i'll say that if you want to go the slow and unsuccessful way that dtl suggests because that is fun for you, you're free to do so. But, almost every class wants miserable mist, so you should be doing all the things bigkrev suggested first. Then with that foundation, you can be as hardkore or care free as you want.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Really what it comes down to is:

1. Go at whatever pace you want. There is literally enough content in this game to last you years of regular play, and there are more things to do added every couple of weeks. Go through the main story, do whatever the current event is, hit up side stories as they interest you.

My advice, don't worry about going too fast. There's only a short period of time where drawing a SR character or getting a SR character from a monthly event is going to actually improve one of your teams. Putting SR Sutera on my wind team back in the day and making my wind team better was still an improvement and it still gave a sense of progression just like getting SSR Metera was an improvement later on after that. But eventually you're going to make teams filled with all SSR characters, and drawing a SR character won't do anything for you. Hell eventually you will put together a set of SSR characters in each element that you like and even drawing a new SSR character won't really help you unless they're a new meta character. So that sense of progression will only get harder to come by, take your time and enjoy it while you can.

2. Understand which resources are limited and which resources are super limited, and make sure you know what you're doing when you use them. Crystals and the SSR gacha weapons and summons you get from them are a limited resource. The super limited resources are things like damascus, gold bars, and sunlight stones. And even if you're new you might be getting some of those next month, so just make sure you ask before using any of those.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

Coming with Chaos Bringer DLC in #GBVS: a new prequel quest for RPG mode, and another quest that takes place after the ending of RPG Mode

A Beelzebub lobby avatar and icon

One (1) of 6 new weapons that will be implemented in GBF at a later date (continued):

The 6 new weapons that will be available first to Chaos Bringer DLC owners:

"Unworldly Boost to ____ allies ATK"

LOL

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the delay isnt too much, tying weapons behind DLC for a related game feels like bullshit

Oct 25, 2017
Boy the RNG has it out for me today. Had a 90% chance of skill raise and I didn't get it go up once both times.

What a waste of 4 SSR fodder weapons.

Oct 25, 2017
Also don't take end game advice from someone who can't 1T EX during ST
I thought it was ex+ that DTL couldn't clear until I saw this comment. Jeez, EX is ridiculously easy to 1T on ST.

Unfair. Wind has never been my main element and one of the least interesting elements to play. I can get it to 13% or so, which means I'm close. I just have to try different setups.

i'll say that if you want to go the slow and unsuccessful way that dtl suggests because that is fun for you, you're free to do so. But, almost every class wants miserable mist, so you should be doing all the things bigkrev suggested first. Then with that foundation, you can be as hardcore or care free as you want.

I disagree. There are so many other alternatives in summons and characters to use that achieve the gains of miserable mist, that boxing oneself in to always using Miserable Mist just seems pretty dull. Rarely do I ever use it in any of my teams. Like I cant see where it fits into a Chrysaor or Kengo or Drum Master/Rising Force or Runeslayer setup during most circumstances.

I'd honestly never do a skill raise without 100%

Kind of a total and complete waste of materials, if its over 60%, odds are in your favor and you have pretty good chance of being successful, also use your grand success rate boost with journey drops.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Normal SSR skill leveling, can't be bothered so I risk it sometimes around 70%.

But if it stuff like Ultima or Opus, you better believe that if it ain't 100, I ain't going for it.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a total and complete waste of materials, if its over 60%, odds are in your favor and you have pretty good chance of being successful, also use your grand success rate boost with journey drops.

Grand success rate has nothing to do with skill-ups. Let's say you need 10 weapons for 100% skill up chance. Over 10 skill ups you will save 4 weapons on six skill ups, for a total of 24, and you will then lose 6 weapons on the four you fail, for a total of 24. Thus costing you 100 weapons to get 6 skill ups, the same amount of weapons could have been used to get you 10 100% skill ups. So actually it's the exact opposite of a "total and complete waste of materials". The way the system works the "better" your odds when you gamble on a skill up the more you lose. Assuming the odds are actually fair in the long term you are better going with 100% skill up rates.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Coming with Chaos Bringer DLC in #GBVS: a new prequel quest for RPG mode, and another quest that takes place after the ending of RPG Mode

A Beelzebub lobby avatar and icon

One (1) of 6 new weapons that will be implemented in GBF at a later date (continued):

The 6 new weapons that will be available first to Chaos Bringer DLC owners:

"Unworldly Boost to ____ allies ATK"

LOL

So the DLC buyers can pick one of those six weapons to get in the main game? hopefully it's 3 stars, but still, 3 bucks for a weapon is kind of cheap, chosing which one would be the problem. Hopefully the code gives something like the anniversary weapon ticket that you can use when you want, you never know how RNG and drops may treat you.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if these weapons are from the "Six Dragons" raid they have been teasing forever, and if the concept of them being Dragons has gone away

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
The boss slaps real hard after 50%.

Indra kind of helps, want to throw in another one but it would make my grid weaker, meh.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Second GW, and I was able to fully uncap the Bow and fully lvl it up along with its weapon skill. Also fully uncapped the Gun, but I'm not gonna focus on that for a while hah. Drawing the full content on one box was painful, and I'm guessing 40-Box is what that is (40 times of course.)
Gonna stop grinding for a while and continue on with the story.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like you're practically gonna need FLB Tiamat to full auto this boss. Feel like they designed it specifically to fuck with full auto with those triggers lol.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My Ultima Staff team of Tiamat/V. Grim/Nio can full auto it pretty well.
Yeah, I had a feeling when they released FLB Tiamat and V.Grim so close to each other (both characters that synergize really well and are practically designed for full auto), that you'd need them for this GW lol.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If your times arent great wouldnt it be more efficient, if soul destroying, to stick to EX+?

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
If your times arent great wouldnt it be more efficient, if soul destroying, to stick to EX+?

I guess it depends on how much time difference there is between your NM and EX clears and which setup are you using to clear EX+.

In my case NM95 takes 10 minutes with full auto for a bit less than 1M honors per clear, while NM90 takes me less than 2 mins for 1/4 of a million, I can clear around 5 NM90 in the time it would take me to clear 1 NM95, so I stick to lvl90.

Now, if you, like me, use Chrysaor with Huanglong support summon for the 30% charge at the start of the fight to clear Ex+, you can try that same team for NM90, since first turn you repeat what you use to clear EX+, second turn use the Huanglong call and attack, Chrysaors double C.A. skill last two turns so you get double C.A. again. After that you probably got the boss down to 15% or less so it should be easy to kill it in 1-3 turns. Depending on your clear times it may be better than EX+, which requires more than 3 kills to get the same honors as NM90.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I full-auto'd the NM 95 with Magna Staff, using Warlock/Grimnir/Andira/Kokkoro (Estarrola backline) before switching Kokkoro out for Tiamat. I thought that TIamat wouldn't be as good as Kokkoro as a healer, and her Veil has the exact cooldown number as Grimnirs, so it's a Nonbo, but it hasn't been an issue, and her autos do better than Kokkoros (and is better with Estarrola). Each FA takes between 6 and 8 minutes for me

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
I full-auto'd the NM 95 with Magna Staff, using Warlock/Grimnir/Andira/Kokkoro (Estarrola backline) before switching Kokkoro out for Tiamat. I thought that TIamat wouldn't be as good as Kokkoro as a healer, and her Veil has the exact cooldown number as Grimnirs, so it's a Nonbo, but it hasn't been an issue, and her autos do better than Kokkoros (and is better with Estarrola). Each FA takes between 6 and 8 minutes for me

A slightly modified full auto is getting me a stable 4:30 clear. Only modification was a crew member's idea to cast Grimnir summon T1 to block blind at 75%. Grimnir veil then carries through to 50% and blocks stone.

Last edited: