• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Sparking refers to the 300 rolls on one banner thing right? Are ya'll really saving up that much or are you also putting money in?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The difference between a Bahamut call ougi and my regular ougi are pretty close already though with just three harps.

Oct 25, 2017
Sparking refers to the 300 rolls on one banner thing right? Are ya'll really saving up that much or are you also putting money in?
Typically saving that much since GBF gives us so much, but often with the costumes and Free Character that comes with a 10 Draw Ticket, most people are putting a little bit of money in.

I've lost track of how many sparks I've done, and typically I'm always sitting on at least 1, just in case, Loki or Fenrir or a cute SR boy is announced.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

Started last December, have 417 rolls saved up. 10 of those came from buying a beginner's ticket, others came from tickets and crystals given for free. They give more than enough free stuff, just have to have some patience and the discipline to not blow your savings before you can actually spark.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
get some more harps; the fastest magna setups run 4-5 since the ougi damage skill doesn't cap until the fifth
not sure how well the comp will hold up this upcoming gw with 150 available, but sparking vajra makes a bit more sense if you have grea already since that's a better use case for her

Well, time to go back to the Europa farms. Thanks for the info.

I save from all the free stuff we get, but I also only pull like 2-3 times a year during the roulettes at end year, anniversary, summer, that way not only I get the 300 rolls with a discount but the sparks are spaced enough so new stuff is added to the pool, which hopefully means less dupes.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Cap doesn't matter when you can't hit it. That's what the five harps are for.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Zooey in GBVS

ESJzRXzU0AcPuUZ

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Steam doesn't allow this kind of external bonus in games there (to avoid farming bots exploits), so it was expected. There's not much you can do about it.
Maybe some people were expecting this but I don't have a PS4 so I have been trying to pay attention to any news of a PC version previously and I never heard anyone saying that a Steam version wouldn't have codes. I guess I just don't know enough about Steam.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they are just going to be straight up power crept Xeno Weapons (33% EX mod at max)

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Yes, its possible to save up that much rolls without putting money into it.

I impulsively rolled like 1/3 of that around December's roulette, but I managed to save up around the same amount again.

Generally, newer player can do it in like 2-3 months, otherwise I say 6-7 months maybe from personal experience (depends on how much crytals you can also get from ranking in GW). Probably can do 1-2 sparks a year for free.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say you could probably reliably do two a year, with the caveat that you probably want to "piggyback" one of them on one of the free ten pull events.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
You know, maybe it possible to do even more, due to how generous the free roulette is getting each year lol.

Can't wait until they decide to give a guaranteed free spark.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
3 times a year (march for the anniversary, in the summer, and for Christmas/New Years), there is a period where we get Roulette, where you get 10, 20,30, 100, or "till you get an SSR" draws each day. You can usually get 4 days worth of Roulette draws in on a Gala banner, which means that you generally only need to have around 230 draws saved up to spark. You sometimes have a little bit in purchase- anytime you buy a paid costume or a Surprise ticket, you get a 10-draw that you can hold on to- but if you play the game regularly, you should easily be able to spark twice a year (really, 3 times a year if you are playing this daily), as long as you are never spending draws outside of your time to spark.

I'm currently at 220 draws, and I had spent down to just 50 single tickets trying to get Christmas Meteon and Christmas Naru late last year (got naru, missed Meteon). As long as you aren't impulsive and already have established teams so you don't "need" to draw to fill spots, saving up for sparks isn't that hard

You know, maybe it possible to do even more, due to how generous the free roulette is getting each year lol.

Can't wait until they decide to give a guaranteed free spark.

I ended up taking 290 Cerulean Stones over spending 10 draws to spark Heles last roulette. That was the closest they ever came to a free spark (2 days of normal roulette plus a guaranteed 200)

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh it really depends on how much your willing to box in normal events, making sure you get plat every month. All that grinding does pay off

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Boxing normal events is torturous- it's more effort than it should be getting the daily 5 raids in because bosses explode instantly

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those who bought GBFVs Beel DLC which weapon are you leaning towards? I'm tempted by the fire axe as its a straight swap for the xeno axe in my zerker fire grid (and zerker is basically all I run with fire) Though the dark claw could help out my dark lucha ultima fist build which I refuse to abandon no matter how poorly it peforms

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Normal event boxing farming is so urgh but I need them crystals and getting grains sometimes is alright I guess.

For those who bought GBFVs Beel DLC which weapon are you leaning towards? I'm tempted by the fire axe as its a straight swap for the xeno axe in my zerker fire grid (and zerker is basically all I run with fire) Though the dark claw could help out my dark lucha ultima fist build which I refuse to abandon no matter how poorly it peforms

Maybe Water sword since I have some units that could work well with it or Earth staff which should work with Lobelia's passive.

But I'm a EU pleb so got an whole month to wait.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I mainhand the Xeno Axe for my Asparas so dropping team DATA for selfish DATA sounds like a bad deal.

I might get the Water Sword since it seems like it would be really good for water glorybringer.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably going to hold off on selecting a weapon for as long as possible
-My fire team is a joke, I want to switch to an Cosmo Ixaba grid (currently have 2 Ixaba FLB), right now i'm running a really bad Magna Highlander grid with Mechanic/Alannan that stopps doing anything when Alannan's buff falls off, but it's sometimes good enough to MVP pubbed raids
-I have a very outdated 3 Murg Varuna grid, I want to work towards transitioning to a staff grid of some sort, so I'm not sure if the Sword would be better than a Xeno staff
-Earth I run a Caim Titan build, currently using Hollowsky Spear as my EX, this might be better and would let Mahira get the buff as well
-Wind I run a M2 Ultima Staff team, currently working to finish uncapping Hollowsky here for it's EX to replace Windhose
-Light I run Comsic Sword and Mainhand the Xeno Sword
-Dark I don't really fuck with, just use Zooey and Claws

Leaning towards dirt, but I don't have a real preference

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah for some reason I thought the fire axe was team wide +TA. Might just hold off and see how you farm them after the anniversary stream.

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

the real value might be even higher according to whoever's been tracking on this sheet, they're at 3.6 sparks worth of rolls in the past year without counting GW or finishing 20 boxes

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats an interesting break down. Didnt realise boxing events was so lucrative, though much like farming badges in ROTB it is very tedious. Still great to see it all laid out like that. GBF really does reward you if you invest the time. But after a few years I just cant get myself jazzed up enough about it to have it as my sole mobile/gacha game.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, uh, that thing above factors in.
-6000K from each Unite and Fight: Finishing in the top 2,000 crews and top 70,000 individual- meaning around 475,000,000 individual honors and a REALLY strong preformance by your crew.
-300 crystals and 3x draw tickets come from getting 40 Million and 80 Million honors, respectivly. That's not something a non-HL player is going to get unless they no-life the event.
-Boxing story events is a very tedius process- you need to farm the low level fight for host materials, and then kill the higher level monster several times.

Like, to get those crystals from Unite and FIght, you need to have a setup that kills the EX+ in like 20 seconds, and be willing to do that over and over and over again for hours for almost an entire week each month, and if you are in America, most of Unite and Fight happens in hours you should be sleeping in

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, uh, that thing above factors in.
-6000K from each Unite and Fight: Finishing in the top 2,000 crews and top 70,000 individual- meaning around 475,000,000 individual honors and a REALLY strong preformance by your crew.
-300 crystals and 3x draw tickets come from getting 40 Million and 80 Million honors, respectivly. That's not something a non-HL player is going to get unless they no-life the event.
-Boxing story events is a very tedius process- you need to farm the low level fight for host materials, and then kill the higher level monster several times.

Like, to get those crystals from Unite and FIght, you need to have a setup that kills the EX+ in like 20 seconds, and be willing to do that over and over and over again for hours for almost an entire week each month, and if you are in America, most of Unite and Fight happens in hours you should be sleeping in
the google sheet specifically does not track any of those sources that aren't trivially obtainable

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
So potentially, with roulette giving discounted sparks, 4-5 sparks per year should be obtainable?

Wow, the post really put things into perspective (well for me personally, can't always achieve a good rank in GW because of time zone difference but there still a lot of crystal gain elsewhere).

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds about right. I had 4 sparks in 2019 and I didn't even 20 box most events

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also puts into perspective why they have gone so crazy on top tier seasonal limited characters

They've gone crazy on them because it makes a lot of money. I doubt a sizeable portion of the userbase are pulling in 4-5 sparks a year and somewhat paradoxically the ones that are are probably already spending quite a bit on the game.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
They've gone crazy on them because it makes a lot of money. I doubt a sizeable portion of the userbase are pulling in 4-5 sparks a year and somewhat paradoxically the ones that are are probably already spending quite a bit on the game.
It's still a matter of inflation. Not many are sparking 4-5 times a year, but more are sparking 2-3 times a year whereas in the past it was 1-2 times a year. Or 0 times. Hell it took me 4 months to get my second SSR character when I started playing the game.

Oct 25, 2017

it doesnt take that long to get 40mln, and honestly you could lazy your way about it by just hitting pub raids. Really you could just do the minimal 5-10mln on day 1 and 2, and when nm100/150 comes just hit that, auto.

I've never not gotten 40 mln even when I skipped a day.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Part 2 of the event... wasnt really part 2, more of an epilogue really. And even then the interesting stuff only happens at the tail end of it. Overall a very disappointing anniversary event. All the potentially intriguing questions went unanswered.

It doesn't help that the last story event we had a month ago blows this one away, both in terms of scale and just the writing in general.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
The whole event felt like instead of having different parts similar to WMTSB, they squashed it all together into this one.

Part 2 was alright, it kind of tried to tidy up some points from part 1 but yeah we got more questions with no answers which hints to a future sequel I guess. Last battle was pretty nice though.

For Proud, didn't really have much trouble with them. Nothing to say about Mugen, felt kind of straight forward for me. For the new one that came today, with Tanya and Black Knight or any other source of delay, felt pretty overkill as the boss hardly got to use special attack unless it was a trigger.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
The additional part 2 rewards/content was nice, although it's too bad we didn't get additional raids/more added to the mini game. The second Proud fight was more difficult than the first one IMO, particularly some of the off element triggers. Delay and gravity do great here, along with usual damage cuts (Valentine's Clarisse shines well here). But it's Dark so worst case scenario just use a Belial main summon with healing and call it a day.

Salamande

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you don't plan to use the new Seox, make sure you do his Fate Episode anyway. It's a nice little coda to the event.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
The fight and epilogue were good. The reveal that the fight between the Enforcers and Eternals was only done to bring out the mafia bothered me though.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It kind of sucks you can't being the uncap quest for the free eternal without at least forging a low level version of the weapon

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Why couldn't the whole anni story be like chapter 9 and the ending.

I really like the final fight theme though. It's kinda FF/KH-esque with the piano, which I really dig.

Last edited:

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine I'm not the only one here that has gotten into this game thanks to Granblue Fantasy Versus. Is there a official crew or is it sort of friend list driven?