• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Don't think I did too bad on the scratch card during the period of anniversary.

G.Shiva and Agni were the only crazy stuff I got, with a pretty surprising variety of other things that weren't just berries (I guess it helped that I couldn't be bothered getting trolled so I just press back every time).

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Got my third murg from a scratcher which produced an amount of salt from me and even more from everyone I complained to who hadn't scratched off anything good yet. Then I got an eden oops

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I got 3k crystals a couple times and grand monika from the 3 they gave out for the anime episode. Also got an endless supply of berries now.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
At least when people farm buncle raids, they won't run out of berries now /s

They could include something similar to Gachapin where a pity system triggers if a players doesn't get an certain tier of prizes consecutively. With lower tier one's percentage being reduced until a lucky win happens, then it resets, I don't know.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
The jokes about the scratcher have been pretty funny at least.

2HeA357.png

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping to luck sack Pholia, Europa, or Summer Cag for the upcoming GW, but it looks like my staff team will ahve to do without.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Its that time of the year again...

500px-Event_Big_Bad_Shadow_top.jpg

EDIT: That Monicar skin, can't stop watching its full ougi animation...

Last edited:

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
You thought those muscles were just for showing? 200 million HP without elemental weakness and devastating overkill triggers in a solo battle is no joke.

Shout-out to Nier for auto reviving the party, otherwise I might've not made it.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'd blocked out that Guild War was coming. Absolutely not in the mood for it. While I seldom 40 box given the escalating power levels it seems an odd time to cap people at 45 boxes. Healthier in the long run I suppose.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'd blocked out that Guild War was coming. Absolutely not in the mood for it. While I seldom 40 box given the escalating power levels it seems an odd time to cap people at 45 boxes. Healthier in the long run I suppose.
I wonder if the next step is picking honors thresholds, and then instead of "Top 6000 players" type things, it's just honors tiers, so anyone who gets to 200 million personal or 1 billion crew gets X, etc. Would make things so much kinder

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the next step is picking honors thresholds, and then instead of "Top 6000 players" type things, it's just honors tiers, so anyone who gets to 200 million personal or 1 billion crew gets X, etc. Would make things so much kinder

Ideally they would also give other sources of valor / sunstones / evolite

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

What's confusing is they increased the individual honor rewards to up to 1 billion, which just encourages more play (not that the rewards are that great for all the grinding/full auto time they are asking for).

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

TL;DR: Based on player feedback, they'll still reduce Unite and Fight rewards past box 45, but there will be no hard box cap.

They go deep into explaining their reasoning, and we'll take some extra time on this so we don't misrepresent them on a very sensitive topic.

That didn't take long...

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
The best part of this event was that they finally stopped translating 傭兵 as "agent" and finally went with "mercenary".

...I was actually hoping for something more out of this event, I like these two a lot wish they had a little more to do or we had learned something more about them.

Dyscord

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a consensus of which hades grid is better? Highlander or Gisla? I have resources for either or. I don't have any ULB opus though.

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a consensus of which hades grid is better? Highlander or Gisla? I have resources for either or. I don't have any ULB opus though.
smarter and better invested people than me told me that ones past the first aren't worth the resources, highlander works fine for all the stuff you'll want to race
you do have to finish your opus though

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Got round to finishing the current event and it was pretty great. It was the perfect length and helped expand the best duo in a nice lowkey way, and always nice to have a event that takes place after the first arc. Sort of makes the anniversary look weaker where I enjoyed the two events before/after it way more.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Really enjoyed the event, liked how they kept the Danchou's involvement to a minimal. It was cool to see more of different characters, didn't know they were all kind of connected to each other through the same mercenary guild.

Felt like they gave some nice tidbit about the duo but probably saving more stuff until they get their future uncap/main story.

Don't know how many people are actually doing the Six Dragon fights, but the Water's battle music is a banger.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
smarter and better invested people than me told me that ones past the first aren't worth the resources, highlander works fine for all the stuff you'll want to race
you do have to finish your opus though

I'm a little curious about this, what do they say about this? IIRC you have to be prepared to spend upwards of 15 bars (3 - 4 Gislas + 1 Vagabond for example) for a gisla grid. Highlander is slightly cheaper but you can still spend up to 12 bars to finish it (Gisla, Vagabond, Blutgang, Sunya for example). So it didn't seem that much different to me in cost, unless they are talking about the suptix/gold moon cost. Also I guess having a variety of weapons means you can also mitigate whatever power creep comes next.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I assume it's because the bars you'd use in a highlander grid would still be useful in other hades grids, while baring 3-4 gislas is a lot of commit for one specific thing.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I assume it's because the bars you'd use in a highlander grid would still be useful in other hades grids, while baring 3-4 gislas is a lot of commit for one specific thing.

Yeah I guess that also makes sense. The blut is still a highly flexible hades weapon that can find its way in everything.

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little curious about this, what do they say about this? IIRC you have to be prepared to spend upwards of 15 bars (3 - 4 Gislas + 1 Vagabond for example) for a gisla grid. Highlander is slightly cheaper but you can still spend up to 12 bars to finish it (Gisla, Vagabond, Blutgang, Sunya for example). So it didn't seem that much different to me in cost, unless they are talking about the suptix/gold moon cost. Also I guess having a variety of weapons means you can also mitigate whatever power creep comes next.
yeah, even discounting the fact that extra gislas cost tickets/moons compared to bricking grands gotten alongside their characters, they're first in line to be obsoleted by grid creep, while highlander's a lot more likely to adapt well
multiple gislas are best in lucilius, but I've been working on the solo with one gisla and I think I have enough damage for it already

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Finally managed to beat the water dragon today after the past few days of trying. I might not like everything that 2.0 brought, but with the solo fights in particular, I do enjoy the moment-to-moment strategizing over using the guard button and trying to dispel the purple omens, especially during the overdrive phase.

Although I'm sure the experience will be pretty different for those people with S Alex (I can easily see how you can cheese through the omens).

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Finally managed to beat the water dragon today after the past few days of trying. I might not like everything that 2.0 brought, but with the solo fights in particular, I do enjoy the moment-to-moment strategizing over using the guard button and trying to dispel the purple omens, especially during the overdrive phase.

Although I'm sure the experience will be pretty different for those people with S Alex (I can easily see how you can cheese through the omens).

I go to youtube first to see what units people use for the Dragon clears. Unlike the Wind Dragon which was all Athena and/or Anila along with grids using the Draconic Weapon, I've seen some good variety in terms of units for the Water Dragon, although Summer Alexei and/or Mahira are among the most used (I ended up using Summer Alexei, Sara, and Arulumaya).

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy that AES uncap dosen't require Shiva anima. I was able to do all five uncaps without any problem.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
No idea how i'm almost at 5 finished AES and somehow have something like 16 True Anima and 6 normal Anima, so it's going to take me months to uncap all these AES. How do people have a billion TE anima? It's not like I didn't farm all these AES forever!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
No idea how i'm almost at 5 finished AES and somehow have something like 16 True Anima and 6 normal Anima, so it's going to take me months to uncap all these AES. How do people have a billion TE anima? It's not like I didn't farm all these AES forever!
I take it you ran GO repeatedly for Centrums

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I too don't have any twin elements animas, lol. I spent them all hosting grand Order, even though I knew they would be used for the ecke sachs uncap.

I'm very smart.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Am I being dumb by trying to get a class replica weapon from Coop quests?
Starting to think that I should just build a copy.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Am I being dumb by trying to get a class replica weapon from Coop quests?
Starting to think that I should just build a copy.
Yes, just buy one from the shop and use Steel Bricks to uncap it
No reason to torture yourself, espcially now that Legendary Merits can be freely traded for

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
A few questions about build grids:
1) Should I only be focusing on one element at a time?

2) Are M2 grids generally better than M1? If so, how much should I really be investing into skilling up/uncapping Colossus canes over just waiting till I can get AES for example?

3) What's the best way to get skill fodder?

AppleSautts

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

2) Are M2 grids generally better than M1? If so, how much should I really be investing into skilling up/uncapping Colossus canes over just waiting till I can get AES for example?

1. Focusing on one element is fine. Once you build one up, it'll make it easier to farm the element it's strong against eg. building fire will make it easier to build your wind next, then earth ect.

2. Uncapping your colo canes to 3 stars is fine, but you'll be replacing them all with AES as you get them.

3. Best way is to just farm the omega raids. You can also get a bunch through the Unite and Fight raids which are starting next week.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017

Arcarum for SSR skill fodder and daily omega raid hosting for SR fodder

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

1. Somewhat? The fact is, that as you develop your "best" grid, you are going to want to use it... to farm another grid. Lets say you are focusing on water, which means you are mostly using Dirt teams to fight Water. That Water team you are developing now goes to fire, etc.

2. Earth and Water M2 basically replace their M1 grids. Fire doesn't have an M2 grid, if you want to stay Magna, you go from Canes to Ancient Eche Sachs. Wind replaces 3 of the Tiamat Guns with Grimnir Harps for 100% Critical, but still keeps some guns. Light is debateable if the M2 plan is better than the Chev Sword grid, and Dark supplaments it's claws with Avatar items. Basically, you will still use some of your M1 items in elements outside of Water and Dirt even when you are well established with M2

3. Doing your daily magnas! You will end up with 25-30 SR weapons if you do all 12 of your Magna fights dialy

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say Water M2 replaces it's grid. The ULB Dagger or Frostnettle are decent additions past the third Europa Harp if you aren't running Kengo.

Oct 25, 2017
Me here with like 1000+ Twin Elements anime (who even hosts their own GO) and a gross number of Makky animes.

Now, when are the 100 gold moon weapon upgrades?!

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

Starting 4/9 is the Zero Treasure Cost Campaign, where certain raids will not require their prerequisite materials to host - check the schedule below for details. This campaign skips the week that Unite and Fight happens.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Salivating at the free UBN and GO hosts. Guess I'll be running daily trains for those week.

Wish I could take advantage of the free Akashas too (malice fragments are a pain to farm) but my dark soldier racing grid is nowhere near completion.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me that I really must get back to unlocking soldier so I can put together the same thing.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Didn't read the campaign properly and almost overlooked it. Zero treasure host is pretty nice.

Got completely wiped by Earth Dragon today due to lack of respect to the triggers. Even got baited by 'Restraint' status because it worked the first time lol. Overall, it seems like a straight forward fight but it does get a bit crazy near 40% (would recommend some source of dispel).