• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I'm actually grateful that you can buy hazes at all. These things barely drop for me so I hope they get restocked at some point.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 3 starred AK and I also have 3x 0 star mirror blade

I'm just running Ygg and either alexiel summon or I guess when I start capping, i'll use Uriel occasionally.

So knowing this and that I don't have Titan. Does it make sense to use one or both of these as grid filler? I'm running 5 ygg swords, mh Xeno harp for Elysian. Baha dagger and seraphic.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 3 starred AK and I also have 3x 0 star mirror blade

I'm just running Ygg and either alexiel summon or I guess when I start capping, i'll use Uriel occasionally.

So knowing this and that I don't have Titan. Does it make sense to use one or both of these as grid filler? I'm running 5 ygg swords, mh Xeno harp for Elysian. Baha dagger and seraphic.
A 4* AK is a good grid filler, but as 3* you'd probably get more out a 4* Baihu fist. For the other weapon, a 6th ygg sword or another EX would be better than a 0* Mirror Blade.

Anyway, the best way of checking this is using a calculator: https://www.n0pj.com/motocal/

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A 4* AK is a good grid filler, but as 3* you'd probably get more out a 4* Baihu fist. For the other weapon, a 6th ygg sword or another EX would be better than a 0* Mirror Blade.

Anyway, the best way of checking this is using a calculator: https://www.n0pj.com/motocal/

Thanks I wasn't aware of that tool. I'll check it out. I should have mentioned that If it is worth it to use, i'd Fully uncap the AK but I forgot I actually have a Baihu fist that I can just level up

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
With it looking like no new Character for the Dragon Knights event, this is now 3 new story events in a row with no new event SR- we got a Percy skin for Other Side of the Sky, a Cucouroux skin for Make Up and Go, and now a Lyria skin for Welcome to Bistro Feendrache
Guess it's a thing of the past now

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Guess they figured out why put in the extra effort when most people just used those characters as skins anyways

RIP the free crystals

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Actually going back further into the year: Rombi had a skin and Handsome Gorilla had a skin
The story events with characters this year: Auld Lainxiety, Paradise Lost, A Thousand Reasons (though this one SHOULD have been a Feather skin!), and the summer event. Together in Song is a weird anomaly where there were no "new" characters but it had characters that it was basically impossible to have gotten before.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
i don't mind it in the case of lyria, but cucuroux char versions were a sr and ssr gacha and alot of people didn't have her. Same with percival.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Percival has a free SR in his evening wear.

We do need SR Siegfried dressed up as a knight recruit.

Really I'm fine with no more event SRs and making them all skins. Maybe if the only other version of a character is SSR gacha only then yeah a free event SR so everyone can get a chance to try is nice.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Totally blanked about froet and flame percival.

We are never getting Sr Siegfried per cygames.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Divergent Knighthood story. Pretty cute, but the dragon knight events seem to share something in common where they all introduce some plot thread or cliffhanger that never gets followed up on lol. Each event focuses on something completely unrelated and the new upcoming story event seems to be no different.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I used Albert, Nicholas and some collab Tales and Idolmaster characters for a long time. Meteon is also great. These event SR can be very useful for beginners, it would be sad to see them go (though I guess that's what the side stories are for).

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah I used plenty of event SRs when I was starting too, but there are so many available in side stories now that not having any more new ones won't hurt new players.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
I used Albert, Nicholas and some collab Tales and Idolmaster characters for a long time. Meteon is also great. These event SR can be very useful for beginners, it would be sad to see them go (though I guess that's what the side stories are for).

The Wind SRs are exceptionally beefy! I used Meteon a lot, along with Arthur. And while not event characters, Mirin and Sebastian are great Wind gacha SRs as well.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
I need a better trial battle than what we have. I can probably make a better fire Agni team, but maybe not. Currently have a Percy Yuel S. Bea frontline, and I also could swap out someone for Sturm or uh Ageilba I guess. But anyway the main question seems to be if Sturm's damage is greater than Percy's, or if her damage is high enough over Yuel's to make up for the elemental attack up and echoes from Yuel. I think the general consensus is that yes Sturm should be in the front line over one of those two, but I'm not sure if I see it. Percy autos for 3x 600k with his self buff most turns. And Yuel or Sturm... I just dunno.

I need a trial battle mode where it gives a log of the total damage done each turn, a rolling 10 turn average, something better than trying to read how much the trial enemy heals for at the end of the turn and typing it in to an excel file before it vanishes.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Sturm does hit harder than Percy for me so he's relegated to the back, though I'm not sure if that's because of her buff. I usually don't change it to def down because I don't need to so I haven't compared them without buffs to find out.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
For me Percy hit's harder than Sturm when his buff is active and less when both are unbuffered (since Sturm always has her stackable attack buff). I like that Sturm nuke causes burn so I can have the MC echo in turn 1.

Oct 25, 2017
precious best
Dq2RxdCWsAAzUy6.jpg

--

I had way over 300, so I went ahead and went all the way to see if I could get all five, but yeah. Now I have to decide.
Dq2XNRuWkAk27gZ.jpg:small

Last edited:

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
Damn, I kinda forgot that the premium gala and the flash gala had different characters available. And I here I was excited to spark for the first time but none of the characters I want are available :(

MrCinos

Oct 26, 2017
After 2.5 years of F2P playthrough (still thinking about using Beginner's Draw) I finally sparked for the first time.

Here're the results:
Overall: 17 SSRs which is slightly below average 18.
SSR Characters: 11 (including 5 moons), new ones: Lecia, Rosetta, Yuisis, Katalina, Halessena, Societte.
SSR Summons: 6, new ones: Satyr, Baal, Bonito, Hector, 2nd copy: Varuna, Halluel and Malluel.
Sparked: 2nd Murgleis, lol.

Although I was tempted to spark Vajra for a second there since I pulled Bonito. But I don't want an incentive to get Summer Grea and bench 5* Feower which is my first 5* Eternal.

Also glad I waited before sparking to MLB my Varuna, now question for my grid:

enZZp5F.png

I've two more Drang Balls in a stash. 3 of them in a grid isn't worth Damascus Ingots, right? So I should uncap 2nd copy with 2 ingots and 3rd copy of DB?

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
I've two more Drang Balls in a stash. 3 of them in a grid isn't worth Damascus Ingots, right? So I should uncap 2nd copy with 2 ingots and 3rd copy of DB?
Varuna x Europa or Bonito requires 3 balls to cap the ougi cap up component, so don't merge your dupe yet.

I don't think I'd bother uncapping another ball for your grid - as of now, the Vajra/Grea ougi team is way stronger than the old standard of Eternals + Altair, and I don't know how much the latter benefits from balls, but between Pholia bow and Europa spear FLBs, something might change by the time you save another spark.

MrCinos

Oct 26, 2017
^ Right, it's a good thing to remember there could be more good includes into the grid in the future. But then I almost sure 3rd DB would be rotting in my stash for all eternity. Or at least until I get both Vajra (and S Grea) which I don't really count on as a F2P player. As for sparking I'd rather get to another element already, e.g. spark Anila eventually.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need that S. Grea to complete my Vajra team. Maybe I can spark her during anniversary. Still good team without her and a mediocre grid though.

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
wrong thread

so that this isn't a waste of a post:
^ Right, it's a good thing to remember there could be more good includes into the grid in the future. But then I almost sure 3rd DB would be rotting in my stash for all eternity. Or at least until I get both Vajra (and S Grea) which I don't really count on as a F2P player. As for sparking I'd rather get to another element already, e.g. spark Anila eventually.
Even then, that's still an additional two bricks you're committing to something that's not a gigantic improvement without the ougi team.
It's like a gaming version of Pascal's wager - even if you never end up using your limited resources, you'll end up regretting doing so if you do and then the stars align in a way that you do need them (if, say, you luckshit more murgs, or one of the new weapons and then it happens to be good, or Vajra happens to fall in your lap over Christmas).

Honestly, I don't think it's worth it for even people buying tickets to build primal grids at all without some colossal amount of luck, let alone f2p players. If you commit all your bricks and all your sparks to weapons for one element, you can build something top of the line, but that comes at the cost of being able to spark core units for other elements, and if you halfass it, you end up with a grid that probably won't even outperform magna now that 4.5/6 elements have very good m2 grids.

Last edited:

MrCinos

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I don't think it's worth it for even people buying tickets to build primal grids at all without some colossal amount of luck, let alone f2p players. If you commit all your bricks and all your sparks to weapons for one element, you can build something top of the line, but that comes at the cost of being able to spark core units for other elements, and if you halfass it, you end up with a grid that probably won't even outperform magna now that 4.5/6 elements have very good m2 grids.
Well, with 2 Murgs and 2 Drang Balls I have I'm pretty close (just 1 Murg away which isn't as important as first two) to P2W grid with my F2P luck. I used only 1 spark for water (2nd Kat). I don't have any intention to get into other elements with Primal grids so why not go all in water? Eventually I can see myself FLB'ing Orchid's weapon (I've two copies), but other than that I'm more than satisfied using only non-gacha weapons in 5 other elements. If I used all 6 magna then what's even the point of having Damascus Ingots?

---
Seems like people stop using Atma/Ultima in Varuna,
So my grid will look like this soon:
MH: Murg/Kengo's weapon
Murg-2x Drang' balls
M2 Harp-Fimbul-Shellfist
Xeno-Seraphic-2nd Murg (if Kengo) or Auberon (if not Kengo)

Then I'd also slot in 2nd Fimbul instead of Auberon or Shellfist. I'd have only 1 slot left (Xeno) which I can realistically swap with something much better if one of the newer gacha weapons will be good when FLB'ed and I happened to get it. If not, oh well, I'll just use Xeno. But if I do get it, by that time I should get enough Damascus crystals (even with 5*-ing eternals in mind) for 1 extra FLB.

Last edited:

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
wrong thread

so that this isn't a waste of a post:

Even then, that's still an additional two bricks you're committing to something that's not a gigantic improvement without the ougi team.
It's like a gaming version of Pascal's wager - even if you never end up using your limited resources, you'll end up regretting doing so if you do and then the stars align in a way that you do need them (if, say, you luckshit more murgs, or one of the new weapons and then it happens to be good, or Vajra happens to fall in your lap over Christmas).

I mean, the alternative is what? Don't use them on anything? Plus, yes right now M2 makes free primal barely worth it or not worth it, but that's just at the current balance. That can and probably will be changed eventually at some point, with a FLB for the primals themselves or a fifth star for the weapons to match M2.

Oct 26, 2017
I want to see a SSR with a better version of SR Juri's soldier mechanic.

Make it easier to get them back since it's SSR too. I just really like that mechanic of dealing multiattacks in accordance with how many troops you have and trying to protect them at least until you get the troop recall move back off of cooldown.

Also like how the skill animations and charge attack change depending on how many you have.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
I am one step closer to Bonito domination. I already have S.Grea and Vajra (they are inseparable even without the 200% setup), and am 13 Cocy anima short of unlocking Kengo. I suptixed Altair last round and he's been supporting my team greatly (his battery skill goes really great with FLB S.Makky and her charge generation, for getting Vajra to CA on turn one). I also used some damas to FLB'd my only Drang ball for a Warlock/Sage mainhand when it was released (I don't have Varuna but the CA effects are really nice for when you need something more defensive).

Now the last step is Bonito FLB.......I have a 0* Bonito I rolled last year. I skipped suptixing another one for Altair instead. But I have 40k Arcaranum points in the bank (with no immediate need for Monika) with 2 stones available in the shop. Probably not gonna be able to get a Sunstone next GW but we'll see how points/effort shake out. God the problem is I'm so thirsty for Water quartz when upgrading things. It's my most depleted stash because of the summon and weapon FLBs I've already done. My only Water gacha summon remaining is Snow White and I'm loathe to decide to reduce her until we know what her FLB will be.

And now Cygames sprung me with two Knights units I wanna suptix as well to compete with a Bonito shortcut, on top of my promised Percy queue (he's my last missing knight and becoming one of my favs lately story wise but my fire team already has Tsubasa....). Aglovale is less necessary but Lancelot&Vane are so cute.

I could have pre-empted this situation months ago when I first had 3 stones ready to go, but MLB Alexiel seemed more immediately beneficial stats wise since she's a summon on every single one of my teams (and it's true her HP boosts alone at that point allowed me to finally hit 100% meter with Splitting Soul on some elements) and 100% shield in a pinch is super nice.

Weird how Water goes from my 2nd strongest element initially when I started years ago, thanks to my main of Earth being able to farm it, to my like 4th neglected element due to strong anniversary Light rolls and Wind-favored events, and now to my 2nd/3rd strongest again after Vajra buffs and strong Summer pulls.

I guess while I wait for Cocy to come back 5 days from now I can work on the animas needed to FLB my own Leviathan, since I'm not gonna be giving any Sunstones to Europa. God so much water quartz needed still even to convert the Europa animas...

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the alternative is what? Don't use them on anything? Plus, yes right now M2 makes free primal barely worth it or not worth it, but that's just at the current balance. That can and probably will be changed eventually at some point, with a FLB for the primals themselves or a fifth star for the weapons to match M2.
That's my plan, at least; the only bricks I've ever used up to this point have been on a Love Eternal for a mainhand, and short of something extraordinary happening with my two sparks a year along the lines of three AKs showing up, I don't foresee bricking anything other than more mainhands in the near future.

If something changes down the line to make primal definitively better across the board, that's not a problem if you have bricks saved up, but it is one if you committed all your resources to something that's already not in great shape. Consider people who finished their 4-5 Murg grid in the rate up legfest two weeks before summer Grea and Blue Sphere FLB release; the real whales won't care much since they can drop thousands of dollars on a whim, but people who might have been saving up and incrementally working on their precious main element for years got hosed.

Well, with 2 Murgs and 2 Drang Balls I have I'm pretty close (just 1 Murg away which isn't as important as first two) to P2W grid with my F2P luck. I used only 1 spark for water (2nd Kat). I don't have any intention to get into other elements with Primal grids so why not go all in water? Eventually I can see myself FLB'ing Orchid's weapon (I've two copies), but other than that I'm more than satisfied using only non-gacha weapons in 5 other elements. If I used all 6 magna then what's even the point of having Damascus Ingots?
Anecdotally, between last GW and going back to farm Shiva for anima, I'm confident in saying that m2 with the ougi team performs around the same level as 4 Murg primal with the eternals lineup. I'm of the opinion that if limited resources are being committed, it's kind of a waste to not go deep enough to do better than the F2P alternative.

Bonito isn't a must for Vajra to be good, by the way. I've yet to uncap mine.

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently Re: Link is supposed to be shown next month and there are rumors of Katalina appearing in Smash as DLC which I doubt. I just can't ignore the timing though, and it would be nice for some of this stuff to come over here since Re:Link is confirmed to have a Localization. I would expect Cygames to try a Western Release push after December.

In other news, I'm trying to get back into this game, and I'm about seven levels away from Rank 80. I've basically been looking at all the shop weapons and grinding out some of the requirements after a long hiatus.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Katalina would be a...weird? choice. While I like her character design a lot, I don't know how popular she really is. If there was going to be a Granblue character in Smash, my top 2 guesses would be Vira (popular character, would be popular to non-fans because jfc just look at her, also could use Chev in a final Smash) and Percival (always in the top few slots of every popularity poll, even people who don't know GBF would just see him like the FE characters)

Oct 25, 2017
Katalina would be a...weird? choice. While I like her character design a lot, I don't know how popular she really is. If there was going to be a Granblue character in Smash, my top 2 guesses would be Vira (popular character, would be popular to non-fans because jfc just look at her, also could use Chev in a final Smash) and Percival (always in the top few slots of every popularity poll, even people who don't know GBF would just see him like the FE characters)
If a Granblue character ever made it more more than likely be Gran/Djeeta. While Katalina is a big character I don't think I've ever seen Sakurai choose a side character over the main protagonist. See Robin/Corrin/Shulk and their respective franchises for evidence. Especially with how large their move pool could be with all the different classes. This is of course assuming a character ever made it in which is a huge long shot.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's zero Granblue games on Nintendo consoles (and Re:Link won't come to Switch either), the franchise has almost no following outside Japan and most of the popular characters would be treated as "generic otaku anime waifu husbandu bait" by basically every Smash fan. And GBF has passed its peak popularity in Japan for a while too.

It's more likely we see the protagonist of Dragalia Lost in Smash than someone from GBF at this point.

Oct 25, 2017

This isn't a just enough world for Vira to be in Smash.