• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ren-shin

Oct 28, 2017
It's over a year out of date at this point, but the Beginners guide is good- the stuff it's going to be missing are Sidestories and the free Omega weapons you now get, and the late game stuff you don't need to worry about https://docs.google.com/document/d/...P3Hr7zTn6_fHeu24k/edit#heading=h.hut8fmku6jmd

Feel free to use Rare weapons and Normal Weapons however you want- there are some R weapons that you should be keeping for something later, but tbh it's not worth the effort to figure it out when farming them isn't that hard later on

Thanks! I will give it a good read.

Oct 25, 2017
The Colossus Cane Omega.

Since I already have one Tiamat Bolt Omega, should I aim to more of them instead of going for the Colossus Cane Omega?
colossus cane is garbage, Tiamat Bolt is vital. Id give up farming fire and go wind, (personally Id say just go full Luminera Omega Sword and farm light all the way. Its the funniest element to play and has great characters. Additionally its the easiest and most rewarding grind).

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
colossus cane is garbage, Tiamat Bolt is vital. Id give up farming fire and go wind, (personally Id say just go full Luminera Omega Sword and farm light all the way. Its the funniest element to play and has great characters. Additionally its the easiest and most rewarding grind).
The Colossus Cane is the best you are going to be able to get when you can't even kill your own hard Magna without support. By the time you are able to Solo your Omega Magna in under 3 minutes, it's trash, but it's the best you can get the first 100 ranks or so

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
The Colossus Cane Omega.

Since I already have one Tiamat Bolt Omega, should I aim to more of them instead of going for the Colossus Cane Omega?

Since you are early on, I would focus on getting one grid up to shape. Wind is a good element to pick since its pretty F2P friendly.

Some example basic Omega grids
https://gbf.wiki/Basic_Grids

Note that you want to have a full grid of weapons before you start to uncap them. Skill level matters more than raw stats.

Arcarum is a great source of Omega weapons of every type so make sure you do those. As you focus on one element grid, Arcarum is a great place to get random drops for your other elements.

You should keep going through the story as the game will give you a few more MLB Omega weapons at certain checkpoints.

Do the What Makes the Sky Blue Side Story as soon as you can. It gives out a free Bahamut Nova weapon which will help you increase your power. Dagger is generally the recommended Nova weapon.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also try to earn the most renown pendants possible each week. That way you can cut some time from farming omega weapons by trading a couple for pendants in the shop.

ren-shin

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you so much for all the answers everyone! I will keep my focus on the Wind element for now.

Also try to earn the most renown pendants possible each week. That way you can cut some time from farming omega weapons by trading a couple for pendants in the shop.

I am already doing this, with R teams and SR teams to get the bonus. Currently I have 2000 renown.

Since you are early on, I would focus on getting one grid up to shape. Wind is a good element to pick since its pretty F2P friendly.

Some example basic Omega grids
https://gbf.wiki/Basic_Grids

Note that you want to have a full grid of weapons before you start to uncap them. Skill level matters more than raw stats.

Arcarum is a great source of Omega weapons of every type so make sure you do those. As you focus on one element grid, Arcarum is a great place to get random drops for your other elements.

You should keep going through the story as the game will give you a few more MLB Omega weapons at certain checkpoints.

Do the What Makes the Sky Blue Side Story as soon as you can. It gives out a free Bahamut Nova weapon which will help you increase your power. Dagger is generally the recommended Nova weapon.

I'll be sure to do this side story as soon as is available.

Is one of the other side stories good to do? I am doing them, but I a little at a time, switching between then and the story.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
I have come from the valley of the shadow of death to say this is DUMB AS SHIT. everyone here can miss me with that "personally" shit. dumb shit is dumb shit, news at eleven.

here's what you do as a newbie. get Tiamat Bolts for wind, Colo Cane for fire, Levi dagger for water, Ygg sword for earth, Chev gun or harp for light, Celeste spear, axe, claw for dark. Get 5 of those in a grid somehow. so if your dark has like 3 spears, 1 axe, 1 claw, you're done. 5 colo canes, you're done. 0* is fine. you can minmax later. leech whatever you need, pendant whatever you're missing to get that ele up and running with 5 weapons then move on to another ele. you can use arcarum weapons for your grid too. they're also magna weapons

congrats; you've set yourself up for GBF success.

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you so much for all the answers everyone! I will keep my focus on the Wind element for now.

I am already doing this, with R teams and SR teams to get the bonus. Currently I have 2000 renown.

I'll be sure to do this side story as soon as is available.

Is one of the other side stories good to do? I am doing them, but I a little at a time, switching between then and the story.

I think the Duelist of Eternity one is probably the best one since it has 2 4* EX weapons (Wind's Silver Bow and Dark's Luna's Friend). The way the game's damage calculator works you want a mix of all the modifiers (Normal, EX, Omega) to maximize damage. The Omega weapons you are farming will provide the Omega, the Bahamut weapon from WMSTB will provide Normal, so you need EX weapons in each element to maximize damage.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Just do whatever you enjoy. Your overall goal should be to do exactly what ohlawd said. If you get in a groove fighting Tiamat omega over and over and it works for you, then keep going at it until you get five or six guns. If fighting the same enemy with the same characters over and over makes you want to die, then mix it up and fight the other omega bosses to get their drops too.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Besides the EX weapons, the events have some decent summons to fill up your grid until you get something better. Bellringer Angel (Shadowverse) and Dragon Knights (Between Frost and Flame) have useful call effects for free summons too.

Astarte

Oct 25, 2017
bro what the fuck kinda new advice are you giving when you say 'go straight for flb swords' to a new player

like damn

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
every usable ssr drop period is special when you're new
you don't have to make things harder for yourself by starting with a raid that's way harder to secure mvp on hunting for something with 10% the drop rate of everything else you want

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Any advice on where I can farm Blue Sky Crystals?

Its been ages since I last ran out, so I don't quite remember a good place to get them consistently.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
buy them with cerulean stones, most people are sitting on thousands ofunused c-stones.

Otherwise, just tap Grand Order all day, can easily farm 50 in a day.

Cool. Probably haven't gone in hard enough on Grand Order... but since its GW season I'll probably wait until after.

Yeah, might just be an unlucky period. Thanks peeps! I'll just have to see to it again.

Oct 26, 2017
From 4 10 rolls.

Skull SR, Wulf and Renie, Light Vira, Shiva, Black Knight, Vermeil, Halluel and Melluel.

EDIT: Add SSR Tanya to that from 5th roll.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
yolo 10 pull, 3 gold moons including one more Fallen Sword that my 2nd and I already have two Hades. That's a sign to get some Gislas?

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
yolo 10 pull, 3 gold moons including one more Fallen Sword that my 2nd and I already have two Hades. That's a sign to get some Gislas?

Ideal hades setup is now a full stam build, but if you want go in that stamenity direction with two sword then picking up one gisla isn't a bad idea.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Giving this game a go with some light rerolling (the free 10-pull and 2 more from the 6k gems at start). I got Charlotta, Grea (fire), and Vaseraga. That a good team to start with?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Dug 20 draws out of my spark fund because I'm dumb, just got a Searu
Giving this game a go with some light rerolling (the free 10-pull and 2 more from the 6k gems at start). I got Charlotta, Grea (fire), and Vaseraga. That a good team to start with?
Granblue is a game that after a few weeks, you are going to want to have rainbow teams (ie, teams entirely composed of 1 element). Thanks to Sidestories, there are about 2 dozen free SR characters you can claim. Charlotta is fine, Grea is a great unit, and Earth Vas is good while Dark Vas is just OK. I wouldn't recommend re-rolling.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Charlotta is more than fine. She's great for new players and still pretty useful later on (specially in sword teams). Probably the best chara you can get from the initial rigged draw.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah but I bet Zeta gets pretty good once her 5* comes out (I forget was that actually announced of just an assumption by the community after the last event?)

AppleSautts

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Pretty sure it's just an assumption, but I doubt they'd make new character art, sprite, and animations just for a single event. It's time she got FLB anyway.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I got 9000 crystals from betting so it was a great gw for me lol

And Andira 5* seems busted. Guess we should expect all zodiacs to be core once they get their FLB.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
gwbetzhkwn.png

I basically just bet it all on a 50/50 and got lucky

Last edited:

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
When you think you can take it easy for ROTB.

Stamp90.png

I guess it's pretty cool that they allow people who missed past gold nuggets a chance to farm them now. Can also grab some rings, yay!

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
lol yeah. I went hard my first rotb and I thought I could just take it easy from now on farming qilin/huanglong mats. Turns out I have 71 more nuggets to get...

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
We got crushed in GW. 0-4. On the plus side I finished a 44 box for Neo and won 7540 crystals on the day 3 bet.

Now to get more nuggets....

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I have... 111 nuggies in the shop right now
And due to the maintenance I basically only get 4 days to play this event, and I have weekend plans.
Guess I'll just work on getting some Seals for Hua, and maybe try for a brick
EDIT: I only have 2 bricks left in the shop. How can I have that many unused nuggies?

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
I have... 111 nuggies in the shop right now
And due to the maintenance I basically only get 4 days to play this event, and I have weekend plans.
Guess I'll just work on getting some Seals for Hua, and maybe try for a brick
EDIT: I only have 2 bricks left in the shop. How can I have that many unused nuggies?
To buy the 4 rings?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

Christina Vee (the voice of Killua in Hunter x Hunter) is doing voicework for Granblue Fighting, which all but confirms it's getting a US release, and a dub

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Popular stuff like MHA can't even get a dub in its game these days. Glad Cygames seems to be going all in on the international releases.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They are in a giving mood lately huh. It's not even anniversary period yet lol.

Got gandalf. He might be good for some one turn stuff at least.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Very generous they are lately, got the maid pair to mess around with for the upcoming GW.

Kind of cool that both Dante and Sen got their respective SSR this time (even though I'll probably won't pull them lol.)

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I got a Crimson Finger. I didn't know Gold Moon weapons were a part of this!
If nothing else, I was debating on getting a speculative Agni in the WMSTB2 rerun (I'm only missing Zeus and Agni, and I have FLB Lucifer so Zeus is lower priority), and this probably edges me towards taking that over a sunstone