• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Boo gold moon boring water Lan-chan. I don't even have any use in mind for my gold moons. I guess I am saving 150 moons now?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
-Albert is the next 5*
-Aquors 2nd years following him, they are getting added to side stories
-Journey Drops getting re-worked
-Cerulean Stone shop getting re-worked
-Shop upgrade weapons will be in UnF drawboxes
-Romeo and Juliet story coming to side stories

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Dumped all my crystals and managed to get SSR Sen. Also got a juicy ring roll.

esI0Oq0.jpg

Pretty disappointed Dante didn't get more screentime in the event. They even gave him a dual SSR release with Sen, too! I was hoping he'd show up in her SSR fate episodes, but they're the usual ignore-every-character-except-for-the-main-trio junk again (saved only by Sen being insanely cute).

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Does anyone know why Dante is called Danto in Japanese? Granblue has all of these katakana pronunciations that always seem a little off and I always wonder if maybe they are transliterating the words from something other than English.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know why Dante is called Danto in Japanese? Granblue has all of these katakana pronunciations that always seem a little off and I always wonder if maybe they are transliterating the words from something other than English.
The better question is how ダーント (Daanto) turned into Dante. A quick google and you get something like Dirnt, in reference to Mike Dirnt the musician. Based on the way they renamed all of the Eternals, they're pulling from a lot of different sources. The name Dante and cats don't really bring anything to mind, though.

Last edited:

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
My Light is crowded but hyped for Albert's 5*! He was my first Light SSR years ago and I liked his event rerun. Excited to suptix his boyfriend eventually.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Heh... Decided to spend 10 rolls from my spark fund...got Monkey
AKA my number 2 choice to spark for of characters that currently exist.
I'm now running Monkey/Summer Jeannie/Scathacha with the world's worst Wind Grid (I was looking at my mainhand options... a Tia Gun, a 0* Love Eternal, a Xeno Spear, Snap Blades). I have nothing from Grimnir, as my focus had been Emnity with Summer Zooey. Time to get to work...

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Monkey is going to be my spark target, but I only have like 230 draws right now so I know I'll regret it if I dump any here lol. I'm also pretty close to being able to make 5* Siete and Nio so I'll probably wait til then so I can level them to 100 together.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
90gc pull today blessed me with a Sen, who I love with all my heart after this event. I can now run a melee crew on Wind (Sen, Scath, Andira) and that could be fun! Trying so hard to figure out what Atma to pick in WMTSB3 (part of me wants to try a bonkers Staff team on Fire with Shiva, Summer Io, and Magisa).

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
think I'm gonna get an axe because an amira, grand vira, kumbhira team sounds fun

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going Spear so I can do Kumbhira/SHeles/SNaoise but fist has been calling out to me....
I can still do UbahaHL to get anothe rone

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
regarding anniversary ticket (that we hopefully gonna get again), what are you going to pick?

At first, i heard good thing about Summer Grea and since I'm lacking water SSR, so she seems like a good pick. But after much consideration, her kits doesn't look all that good to me. Maybe if you have Bonito + Vajra (but i have neither).

So for now my pick will be for Halloween Lady Gray. Despite not having FS, giving Strength for 3 turn seems good enough for auto, the downside is lack of multi attack while other dark fist attacker can supply multiattack on their own.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Christmas Metera or summer Zeta... Need to complete Team Swimsuit Society (Eustace and Vaseraga can join too if they ever get the right clothes and a fire version)

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Grea since I'm running a Kengo/Vajra/Bonito team already anyways

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
Grea's still very good in basically any water comp or grid; it's Vajra that suffers without the other infinity stones supporting her

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Summer Naiose.
Summer Grea if i get Naoise in the free draws we are getting
Summer Diantha if I get both of them, for PENLIGHTS

I'm lucky enough to already have Summer Jeannie, Beato, and Haloween Grey

Oct 26, 2017
People say to use the anniversary ticket on the seasonal characters but I'm not sure if I want any of them.

It makes sense since you can't get seasonal characters with other tickets but I'm still undecided.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
I will go with Christmas Metera and her semi permanent 80% echo, for the new Atma I will go with Katana for Bonito and Earth.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Finished my third spark, which I totally wasn't planning to do, but I just had to pull Sen. And now I can begin the fist memes once I get Ultima Fist. Actually was a bit worried I wasn't going to finish this spark because I was at 243 sparks, but the remaining side story tickets, free quest and fate crystals pulled through with an excess of one pull.

xwiIrsS.jpg

Amusingly, I got a pretty decent set of stats for Andira with a Coronation Ring (a step down from the Sen one, of course):

bWWUphj.jpg

Will be saving my crystals forever and beyond until SSR Mirin.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
After 2 years playing and unlocking first all 10 Eternals today I, at last, have done my first 5* Eternal:
zAEoHUB.jpg

The whole process of composing all 10 ele-changed GW bows and the final 6 relics was nerve wrecking (because fearing doing something wrong and expending my limited resources). I though that I would have to delay it again when I used all my Flawed Prisms but reducing summons did the trick.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Grats. How bad was getting all the materials (light dragon scales, merits, etc.)

Better or worse than the 40 boxing itself?

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
Grats. How bad was getting all the materials (light dragon scales, merits, etc.)

Better or worse than the 40 boxing itself?
I had the merits which was great since they can't really be grinded, light dragon scales was boring but somewhat quick. Getting the 40 relic pieces was the slowest.

The 40 boxes in the end is not a big deal if you do it over 3 GW. You mainly do it to reach the finals/top individuals rankings so the boxes are not your focus. I could finish the next 40 boxes in this month GW but getting all the other materials will take me months.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I had the merits which was great since they can't really be grinded, light dragon scales was boring but somewhat quick. Getting the 40 relic pieces was the slowest.

The 40 boxes in the end is not a big deal if you do it over 3 GW. You mainly do it to reach the finals/top individuals rankings so the boxes are not your focus. I could finish the next 40 boxes in this month GW but getting all the other materials will take me months.

Interesting. I'm pretty close to getting my first and second 5* eternals as well (Nio and Siete) but I'm doing the 3 bar method. Other eternals after that will probably be done with the 40 box method. Managed to get 20 boxes last GW and that wasn't so bad, but the material part looks rough lol.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
You know, it's a good feeling when you think up of a team to try, and it turns out to be an extremely fun team to use. I thought my makeshift wind katana team was a blast, but this is on another level. High DATA, shields galore with echoes everywhere, and buffs that never seem to end (particularly Sen because she's always dodging, if not absorbing damage because of the shields).

AdWFb0H.jpg

Just need to finish up those harps, replace the 4th tia gun, get the hollowsky axe, and the team will be complete.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
I have your same setup (Andira, Scath, Sen) and it's revived all my interest in my Wind team. It's so fun! Planning to pick up an Atma fist in WMTSB3 and unlock Runeslayer.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Cygames offers new physical Valentines/White Day Bromides this year. I want to add to the ones I have!

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Jiraiza Glad you are liking a new team! I just switched from Zerker/Lancelot/Scath/S.Zooey to Asparus/Andira/Scath/S.Jeanne and it's just so much fun trying something completely different. I'm getting Doctor later this week (need to beat Saggy up a bunch) for that lineup

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to allow more atma weapons. I know there's a 4th coming soon, but that's still not enough lol. Some of the most fun team building is making weird teams like that.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
They really need to allow more atma weapons. I know there's a 4th coming soon, but that's still not enough lol. Some of the most fun team building is making weird teams like that.

I really hate atma weapon.

I just realize ever since Atman introduced, it severaly limited my teambuilding into unit that share the same weapon proficiency. It is to the point that i never consider anyone without sword proficiency and I realize it totally hampers the fun i had from trying and using other characters.

But last month i have decided to remove all atma BS and just build team out of character that i like. Good riddance.

For Atma/Ultima team comp, only fire (spear) and water (sword) that i am still using. The former is because it is so meta and i happened to have all 3 component and the latter is because lack of better choice. My water ssr roster is so depressing. lol.

i wish there were more reliable source of trium.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I really hate atma weapon.

I just realize ever since Atman introduced, it severaly limited my teambuilding into unit that share the same weapon proficiency. It is to the point that i never consider anyone without sword proficiency and I realize it totally hampers the fun i had from trying and using other characters.

But last month i have decided to remove all atma BS and just build team out of character that i like. Good riddance.

For Atma/Ultima team comp, only fire (spear) and water (sword) that i am still using. The former is because it is so meta and i happened to have all 3 component and the latter is because lack of better choice. My water ssr roster is so depressing. lol.

i wish there were more reliable source of trium.

It does feels like they're trying to introduce more variety of weapon types for different Atma/Ultima teams lately.

But yeah I agree, personally having more fun using teams that don't have them.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
The fist is mighter than the sword.

v2EvlKL.jpg
Congratulations! I hope to reach that point at some time, so far I have only managed to solo beat T1 summon raids, my teams really lack healing and damage reduction.

I shudder thinking what we will have to fight in Proud+ tomorrow since they claim to be at the hardest difficulty level of the game.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Uh oh I guess I should have worked harder on making a SSR Devil. Although hmm, maybe +15% HP from the SR is still better than a FLB Diablo

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
I ended up using a elixir to clear maniac when the last enemy had 1% of health. The damage that the queen bee does is ridiculous (she also inflicts dead status for good measure).

Since elixir are forbidden in proud I don't think that I will bother trying, you can get a FLB event sword just grinding either way.

PD: I got a Crimsom Finger with SSR ticket, in reddit they say that SR/SSR tickets use the campaign pool so I will reserve them for the 14th
2pwVoqK.png

Last edited:

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
How do I fill out the action bonus in proving grounds? I'm always a bit more than half of the total when I defeat the boss.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Why the hell are the mob bees more harder than the bosses lol.

Well, finished both proud mode and it was pretty fun. Had some retries but planning and trying out new team comp was nice.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I can't beat Maniac without using an Elixer, and couldn't beat proud mode, but i'm just about done gridning the event. Overall, i give them credit for making something legitimatily challenging to even HL players

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Proud+ finally done (thankfully you can retreat and retry individual battles as much as you want). The main difficulty was figuring out the right combination of team mates + main character class. I ended up going with "slow/safe" teams focusing on surviving the middle bee, Queen Bee, and Armored Beetle triggers/charge attacks (Chaos Ruler, Spartan, Sage) instead of trying to kill the enemies quickly (attack/defense down, delay, gravity, revive, heal, Spartan/character damage cut + Wind carbuncles for 100% damage cuts, dodge/heal summons, and counter/dodge + hostility). Any character that could damage cut and/or get themselves targeted and dodge an attack was useful for each team, even if they were off element.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Agielba really helped me out with the Queen bee by tanking some of her hard hitting triggers.

I was able to go with quite an DPS oriented team for the last two bosses on proud+ and relied on a few carbuncles for damage cut.

Supposedly using burn helps increase damage on the event monsters.

Oct 26, 2017
My fire team and grid is pretty meh so I couldn't do much besides the first three missions. Still managed to get the SSR ticket though.

Got Veight.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Nice beat maniac without any elixirs for my second time through. Got super lucky though I managed to dodge the entire 50% trigger thanks to S. Ilsa's first skill. Man I love her coming in off the bench in the middle of a fight and like you do your attacks and then the boss whiffs a charge attack thanks to her, then gets paralyzed by a mine for two turns along with a million damage, and then oh yeah a missile to the face.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I got Tsukuyomi from the ssr ticket which is...okay. Thankfully I seem to have almost all of the useless SSR summons so this will be more uncommon later. Or maybe not if more summons are added to the pool.