• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if it's worth it to 5* a GW character before unlocking more. I have most GW weapons awakened but the resource drain seems really bad to get characters concurrently.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it's worth it to 5* a GW character before unlocking more. I have most GW weapons awakened but the resource drain seems really bad to get characters concurrently.
Here is the dirty secret: Once you are past the tutorial and in the mid-game(say, Rank 140 or so), 4* Eternals become mostly useless. Some Eternals, like Anre, have next to zero use before 5* at ANY point in the game

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018

In the past some of them were hardly considered at all but thanks to some update changes, seems like all of them can provide something great for their elements. So yeah, if your willing to farm the resources, it's pretty worth it.

Personally I did 'Uncap the GW Chara I really liked first' which was Niyo.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Here is the dirty secret: Once you are past the tutorial and in the mid-game(say, Rank 140 or so), 4* Eternals become mostly useless. Some Eternals, like Anre, have next to zero use before 5* at ANY point in the game
In the past some of them were hardly considered at all but thanks to some update changes, seems like all of them can provide something great for their elements. So yeah, if your willing to farm the resources, it's pretty worth it.

Personally I did 'Uncap the GW Chara I really liked first' which was Niyo.
Oh, thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just get started on the mats for 5* then.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hate playing Light. I have a pretty decent grid and the fights still take way too long. This GW I'll slack hard.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just get started on the mats for 5* then.
The non-5 Star Eternals most useable are Sarasa (Ground Zero does ~800K which makes her incredibly useful for sliming and Arcarum), and Feower (he can extend buffs for a turn, making him great with Elysian/Altair/etc)

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Eahta
Seophon
Feower

Are your most important GWs to get and MUST, thats in all capital letters, be 5*.

Feower 5* is so good he's even versatile on every element teams.
If you want some names of popular 5* GW choices: its Anre, Song and Threo I believe.
The non-5 Star Eternals most useable are Sarasa (Ground Zero does ~800K which makes her incredibly useful for sliming and Arcarum), and Feower (he can extend buffs for a turn, making him great with Elysian/Altair/etc)
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll get the mats for Feower and Song then and leave the rest for years later.

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of setup runs 5* Quatre off-ele these days? Even water doesn't want him before finishing Uno.
4* Sarasa and 4* Esser are ok to have for utility if you're not short on gold bricks, but none of the others are very good if you're not planning on 5*ing them
I'm inclined towards recommending the wind or earth 5* pairs since their magna grids are so good, but ymmv

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
4* Siete is also useful for his passive and team ignition in short battles.

Last edited:

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nio 5* (or heck even 4*) is absolutely diamond core for coma when you start farming Yugu and Alex HL raids. Or basically any wind content.

I would like to get Siete 5* for easier 1T setups but that's a long time away while I work on other elements first. (Octo, Uno, Funf, etc.)

Last edited:

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll get the mats for Feower and Song then and leave the rest for years later.

These popularity charts might help you as well in terms of priority.

Most Recruited Eternals:

PyniGqI.png

Most 5 Star Eternals

Pspa2h5.png

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
These popularity charts might help you as well in terms of priority.

Most 5 Star Eternals

Pspa2h5.png

Funf is grossly underrepresented. She is so good for Zeus grid and effective in all fight unlike Tweyen who reduced to crit-buffer when the enemy resist para.

Meanwhile Threo is not as good Eahta, who himself is also underrated.

Seox position is understandable. His 4* is already good and his 5* doesn't provide huge jump that also accompany other 5* eternals.

I'm surprised some people here valued Feower highly. There is no place for him off-element (unless you are still new, but you better off making Uno or other eternals specific to their element) and even on water with Grea-Doggy and other unit, Uno is better most of the time.

Granted, my FLB Eternals are Tweyen and Threo since I don't have motivation to farm the material just for male units. lol.

If Funf is a waifu or moe loli (not brat with very annoying voice), i'm sure she will be catapult into top-5, top 3 even.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
The charts are heavily influenced by old meta and old balancing.
Threo doesn't have ultima synergy with Alexiel or m2 grids so she is not that great right now.
Both water eternals are useless in Kengonito teams
Tien extra drop rate is useless in modern raids, she hits hard after the rebalancing but sword/lance ultima teams don't use her.
Funf makes you near inmortal so that is great for new endgame raids.
Wind eternals are still great and easy to fit in any team, specially now that m2 grids reward high HP.
Six is awesome in the right circumstances but there are a lot great dark attackers so you don't really need him.

Goroh

Oct 27, 2017
At the end of the day, what you should probably do is pick your favorite element and uncap the best eternal on it. Meta is useless if you don't actually use a team. I did six first since i am a dark main, and while he is low on the charts, he hits like a truck regardless of grids and enmity and never left my team since.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
At the end of the day, what you should probably do is pick your favorite element and uncap the best eternal on it. Meta is useless if you don't actually use a team. I did six first since i am a dark main, and while he is low on the charts, he hits like a truck regardless of grids and enmity and never left my team since.

I agree with your post in picking favorites, wind wasn't my main focus until I uncapped Niyo first because I liked the character and now it probably my strongest element.

On an different note, any thoughts on Albert 5*? Haven't maxed him yet but I really love what they did with his attack animation.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
you're not supposed to press gz
Then you need another way to cap defence down and you lose her only utility. I don't have her 5* and I have never tried to make her fit in my team but every time I check her skills I find them disappointing beyond hitting hard from time to time (mainly half her ougis and her 4th).

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Then you need another way to cap defence down and you lose her only utility. I don't have her 5* and I have never tried to make her fit in my team but every time I check her skills I find them disappointing beyond hitting hard from time to time (mainly half her ougis and her 4th).

There's definitely a couple of thing with her kit, on top of that I feel the main thing is that if you're running the "meta" Kengo earth with Octo and Alex, then Cain is arguably the better option for team composition because of the ultima synergy and his complimentary buffs/debuffs. I guess without either of the two grands then there's few options better for a pick than her.

I made Six too (since dark has been my "main" since the start) but he definitely needs a couple of buttons to get the gears going even for his 5*, so he's definitely geared towards longer/more difficult fights. For the ultra high-end gisla rushing whale grids, I see most of the top players in the last GW preferring to use characters with innate dmg boosting passives like Olivia and Beatrix. Could be why he's not that popular in the uncap rankings.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I'm planning on getting Threo this GW and now I kind of want to get Esser now too even though my Fire grid and team is crap but that's for the future since I'm not sure I can get more than 4 boxes per GW.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Wanted to bet this GW. Looking at what happened on day 1 and now looking at day 2's result, was correct not to, seems to be rigged this time around lol.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Congrats. The 5 star uncap is another level of grind compared to unlocking an eternal so it's fine to take it easy. Enjoy destroying things with ground zero, it will make your life so much easier.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Nice, yeah farming for the last star is a completely different animal. Gosh, I started when they updated the relics to always drop. Don't wanna think how people were farming it before, urgh.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm scared to start grinding for unlocking my first eternal. So much stuff to cover.
95% of it is time-consuming, not neccessarily difficult. Getting the Rare weapons to upgrade the shop fucking sucks, and pre-HL players are going to have a tough time getting all the True Anima you need, and obviously the Gold Brick is a gate, but most of the other materials can be grinded in Quests that you can probably just auto through even as a pre-HL player.
The biggest gate is going to be Rainbow Prisims, but if it's your first eternal, your probably have a ton of them lying around- the only other use for them is using them to uncap SSR characters. It's the subsequent Eternals that really suck

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Eternal grinding isn't hard, it's just ETERNALLY LONG aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

hate it, can't wait to do probably something similar for oracles.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Eternal grinding isn't hard, it's just ETERNALLY LONG aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

hate it, can't wait to do probably something similar for oracles.
The grind to 4* Uncap the Oracle SSR Summons is already intense
-20 Primarch Anima
-10 specific Arcarum Fragment (only drops from the Rare encounters)
-10 True M2 Anima
-5 Silver Cent
-A Sunlight Stone (which are generally rarer than Gold Bricks, as there is no event that awards them/they can't drop from enemies)
-And a bunch of stuff that drops slowly over time in Arcarum

I don't know how much more they can expect people to do other than 4* the summon. There will probably be one more step, but I'm guessing it won't be too intense. The Sunstone is already a pretty huge gate

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
One nice part about 40 boxing is that you open close to enough world mats to pay for your next 4*.

Stuff that looks daunting to do now is all eventually going to get a lot easier as you progress in strength, so all you have to do is stay motivated. YMMV, but I've found that guild atmosphere has a lot to do with it.

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
man, public magna2 raids are still impossible. Almost every raid I enter fills up in milliseconds and I'm lucky if I can even pop one buff. I would have thought most of the hardcore players would have gotten their stuff by now.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
man, public magna2 raids are still impossible. Almost every raid I enter fills up in milliseconds and I'm lucky if I can even pop one buff. I would have thought most of the hardcore players would have gotten their stuff by now.

Avatar and Metatron is pretty relaxed. But yeah regarding the other 4, it is crazy. Most of the time i can just accumulate 100k honor before it is killed.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
2-3 hours before the daily reset M2 public raids tend to not fill. If I remember correctly that is around 3 am in Japan.

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
Part of it is that there's always a constant influx of players new to working on the tier; I'd expect that a lot of people who started during Christmas rerolls are getting to 120 around now.

Another part of it is that the meta's always in flux and old players still need something to do. Europa was a lot more chill before people figured out that both magna and primal players want at least two harps, for example, and I'd be unsurprised if the recent spread of a 5 Grimnir harp grid to 1 button GW EX+ had some kind of effect on how fast pubs go since there should be a positive correlation between planning on working so hard in GW that it's a worthwhile upgrade and being strong enough to race pubs.

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019

Yeah this is why if I'm not leeching for anima or chev swords I only do M2 raids with my crew or in a train where I can specify the highest rank allowed. Not like drops are a thing for me but it's nice to have that blue chest placebo soul balm. A 6-12 man room with a rank limit of 160 and below is usually good though.

Nana&Popo

May 6, 2018
Honestly, I think M2 is possibly the worst grind in the game right now. Its not the longest or most arduous grind (unless you're working on earth, ugh) but it is possibly the least satisfying. The weapons never drop and the anima drop rate is just not tuned right relative to how many you need. Even if I get one or two in a raid ot still feels like I didn't even make a dent in things. Going for blue chests is also a chore, especially since a ton of players don't actually enjoy racing.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
M2 has killed my progress so hard that I barely find the motivation to play anything but events now. Just a buff to the crystal drops would help a ton, considering how much of a pain are the impossible M1 raids to begin with by having like 100 times the HP of their hard versions, taking so much time to kill and sometimes people just doesn't wanna join to help, add the awful crystal drop rates and you have to endure that like a dozen times just for one attempt at a M2 fight. Then you need to uncap most of the M2 weapons before you can substitute a weapon from your M1 grid, what a nightmare.

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
Yeah M2 grind is demoralizing. I'd genuinely rather just farm events and GW while saving sparks and trying to scrounge up my first primal grid soon. It really made me lose motivation for the game when it comes to grid progression. Yet I also hate the feeling that I'm falling behind, because it seems like so many of my crew mates have no trouble getting weapon drops.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I kind of liked that the proving ground gave host crystals and wish the event was more frequent, sigh. Hard to disagree that the system does need tweaking. Hopefully they bring out some changes for the upcoming anniversary.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Stuff they could do to improve M2
  • Add M2 weapons to gold chests at the same rate as M1
  • Rework pendants so it takes 2-3 weeks to get a M2 weapon with pendants (say, lower them to 2500) instead of the month it currently takes
  • Drastically increase the host crystal drop rate
  • Add 100 million HP to them to make them last a little longer when pubbed