• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Last draw, got Hallessena, Vane & Lancelot and Agni.

Not bad, although I'm sad that I missed out on one gold moon for an choco bar, got to wait for next month now.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
over the course of the free draws

scathdupesffk6d.png

game really wants me to play scath

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god Lucifer stop! I have 3 copies of him after FLB just mocking me. The roulette just threw summons at me, with some gold moons in SMF. At least I have enough Disparias to FLB.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
For new characters I got only Vampy and both SR Elta. For summons the only good was my 4th Prometeus and my second Shiva.

Nothing too great but at least I now have 8 weapons with +99 marks.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
11 ssr's between the 100 draws and the frenzy. 7 gold moons, Light Silva, Melleau, Garuda, and BONITO MEMES.

got 3 vania's and 1 jeannu

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this the first time that I actually believe in a rate up in this game? lol

Let me look at the individual rates. They don't seem different.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Got both Dark Jeanne and Charlotta (Light), ON MY FIRST ROLL. A girl with a chainsaw and a catgirl I don't care for, Vania on my last roll. I got Lady Gray, Neptune, and Altair. Overall I'm happy.

Goroh

Oct 27, 2017
Got 5 ssr in the first super mukku roll. That would have sucked since i need +1, but one of them was a uriel dupe so it's cool.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I was fishing for fishies, instead I got my second Varuna. Too bad I'm broke, so she's probably going to be stored in the closet without a grid to work with. Overall the event was good to me, got some nice stuff, nothing really game changing, EXCEPT FOR BAHAMUT!!! time to use those sunstones.

Kate

Oct 25, 2017
San Jose, CA
I mean yeah, the timing is also kinda suspicious, could be setting up an april fools joke... but it got removed from both the chrome store and github, so dunno.
Just FTR, not an april fools joke or anything. the reason it was a mess is that somebody in a ~10-person discord channel saw an early draft of the announcement (before takedown was finalized) and decided to go cause drama on 4chan. I got a nastygram from cygames a couple days ago and it turns out the person who sent it also sent the DMCA a year ago (but filled out the form incorrectly so I had no way to verify it was cygames). A wild 2.8 years overall. I'm bummed that it caused some people to freak out or get into arguments

I had to delay the announcement like I did so that everyone would see it at once to prevent hearsay and arguments but naturally it spread before the announcement time-delay kicked in. 😩

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
I got Disparia from yesterday roll.

100 roll give me : Halle, Vania, dupe casual Zeta, Macula and dupe Halle

Super Mukku give me : dupe Djeanne, dupe Vania, Dupe Halle (again), dupe Razia, Nacht and Lunalu.

Well, pretty happy for Vania and Djeanne. And getting Halle and Lunalu are a nice bonus.

Sadly this whole roulette doesn't give me any useful summon. I got my 4th Zeus (and i already MLB 1 with 3 sunstone, lol). I need Hades or Luci.

Thanks Cygames for being generous.

Already suptix Olivia last week, lol if i have to bench her for Djeanne.

AppleSautts

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Just FTR, not an april fools joke or anything. the reason it was a mess is that somebody in a ~10-person discord channel saw an early draft of the announcement (before takedown was finalized) and decided to go cause drama on 4chan. I got a nastygram from cygames a couple days ago and it turns out the person who sent it also sent the DMCA a year ago (but filled out the form incorrectly so I had no way to verify it was cygames). A wild 2.8 years overall. I'm bummed that it caused some people to freak out or get into arguments

I had to delay the announcement like I did so that everyone would see it at once to prevent hearsay and arguments but naturally it spread before the announcement time-delay kicked in. 😩
It's a bummer that Cygames finally put their foot down but it was going to happen sooner or later. Hopefully they're working on some of the features that made Viramate so useful.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for the hard work over the years Kate.

Viramate dying is really painful for me. I've only played GBF for a year but I think i'm done with it (at the very least i'll be spending next to no money on it) unless they get their shit together and fix their UI.

I can't imagine having to go through the massive grind while having to endure their crappy menus.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks a lot for your work. Viramate was indispensable for a lot of content and it's going to be hard going back to a time without it.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I really dont see them making any improvements, if that was anything they were interested in doing, it would have shown after that first DMCA that they were interested in adopting some of its features to make the game feel less outdated.

Some of the performance features are probably most significant. Game just feels like it is running like crap now.
I wonder which of the features was so upsetting to JP players for there to have to be a pitchfork mob whenever someone was exposed as a user. Oh well.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
So Viramate is dead and Cygames will maybe release a new Vira tomorrow. lol

Last edited:

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Who should I uncap with my sunlight stones?
Bonito for the water memes? (have kengo, kaneshige, and grea)

Gabriel for the water not memes (only need 2 stones here)

or my 2nd Lucifaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (stats + heal x2 sounds good to me)

halp

Do I go full lazy ass route and use them on my magna summons because fuck everything?

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018

Much gratitude for your hard work on Viramate over the years, it was such an big game changer.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
So. After a ridiculous month of freebies, time to take stock.

3 gachapin frenzies + 2 mukku frenzies + 1 super mukku
3 100 draws including the last day
2 10 draws, everything else 20+ (I think)
Sparked on flash fest to get Shiva
Bought the anniversary ticket to get summer Zeta and complete the bikini society team
A FLB fimbul, probably could have picked something else but whatever
An atma spear
18 new SSR characters
Lots of limited summons
So many moons

Dang

On the other hand, playing after these freebies end always feels sad

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
W/o Viramate, the UI is hot fucking garbage. Having to jump between channels for shit is annoying as fuck already, there's a lot that the extension offered simply as a QoL that I will miss out of fear of getting banned. Meanwhile Cygames has made 0 headway in improving the UI beyond simple graphical changes.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
GBF's UI is not something I'm particularly willing to forgive, the basic QoL improvements over the vanilla UI aren't even revolutionary. Even for its time of release, the UI is particularly tiresome to navigate compared to other titles. For the amount of time they've been around and popularity they've gained, they've done almost nothing to improve it.

Last edited:

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
It's cool that the game is 5 years old but it never hides its age. Any sort of inventory management is a nightmare with the archaic UI, most of the time I just let some items rot in the time limit crate because I'm not in the mood to navigate from one menu to the other, over and over again, just to clean space.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When Viramate goes out I'll definitely play GBF a lot less (a lot). The game's default UI is a pain to use and no quick-skill buttons or Viramate's item tracking will make grinding even more tedious and time consuming than it already is.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
also looks like the banner leaked (unless it's an elaborate april fools joke lol)

D26luV9UgAAipYu.png

Andira is in it so looks like I'm sparking

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
for me, the Viramate aspect I'll miss the most was the actual HP numbers- it allowed me to optimize my skills in non-raid battles

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Going to miss the favorite option for support summons, I liked having a neat list of summons I use most of the time.

Also, more Vira? She the current character with the most number of different versions right? Korwa probably a SR.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Seeing as this version of Vira could possibly be an delusion from the Lowain bro's, with their event happening soon, I wonder will she be some weird gimmick character like Freezie.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled for Korwa. Got Io and SR Korwa. So that's amazing!
And holy shit. That Korwa has like 234234 different poses and skins. Pls make a godlike 5* Korwa.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
Sparked today (Target Andira):

Andira
Juliet
Vira (Wind)
Fire Potato
Feena
6 GM (+1 murg)
Setekh
Wind Fish
Rose Queen

Spark abandoned at 151 rolls since i got my spark target.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
That artwork for Vira confirms it lol. Looking at her skills made me go 'wut'. Need to see them in action.

Wanted to shake the urges to use my sparking fund by drawing with single ticket and unexpectedly got Anila, yay!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If I read all of my unread stories I'll get another 13,500 crystals, and that combined with my current crystal stock as well as single/ten-pull ticket, brings me to a few hundred short of 90k crystals. It'll be close, but I can make the spark.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kumbhira (Dupe)
Yggdrasil
Vane (Dupe)
Wind Bonito
Eugen
Fire Heles
troll Vira
Water Silva
Kumbhira (Dupe 2)