• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
Random Question, but I have 5 Colo canes in my fire grid and 3 are flb. Is it worth gathering the materials to flb the rest or am I going to most likely change them out in the future?
You are going to change them in the future for Ancient Ecke Sachs (https://gbf.wiki/Ancient_Ecke_Sachs) but is not like the materials for FLB Colo Canes are rare or hard to get.

Ancient Ecke Sachs are so good that they have prevented their whole category to from getting FLBs.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
1 Gold Moon in my 100 Draws
Makes you never want to even consider drawing again getting a 1% rate

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
Thanks for the heads up. I have one FLB Ecke Sachs so I can start changing them out
Non-ancient Ecke Sachs are not very useful and as I said Ancient Ecke Sachs do not have FLB so they only get better stats if you uncap them, their skills are limited to level 10 as oposed of level 15 for 4* weapons and level 20 of 5*.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
I got 10 today since I already got my 100 during the christmas rate up. 9R/1SR! At least I got 3 +marks.

Overall I'm happy with my roulette/holiday pulls. Got Pig, Sturm, a 2nd Ixaba, a 2nd Parazomium , Olivia, Lancelot and Vane, Anthuria, Vane, Eustace (Stratomizer) and Soriz as well as some fire and dark quartz and some moons.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only dark Eustace here. A 1% SSR rate sucks badly... but at least it was a new character.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Got Lancelot/Vane, Water Lancelot, Light Clarisse, and Lich. With this in mind, I might revise my decision on who to get for the pick ticket instead of Siegfried. Any advice? Here is my roster:

ein11EEl.png

o4Ugbeul.png

My strongest grid is my Dark, where I have the basic grid set up (though my claws have hardly been MLBed yet). Wind, Light, and Earth are somewhere in the middle, with Water and Fire being my weakest grids.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Non-ancient Ecke Sachs are not very useful and as I said Ancient Ecke Sachs do not have FLB so they only get better stats if you uncap them, their skills are limited to level 10 as oposed of level 15 for 4* weapons and level 20 of 5*.
Oh, checked and I only seem to have 1 ancient. That's going to be a long grind.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Ill
Got Lancelot/Vane, Water Lancelot, Light Clarisse, and Lich. With this in mind, I might revise my decision on who to get for the pick ticket instead of Siegfried. Any advice? Here is my roster:

ein11EEl.png

o4Ugbeul.png

My strongest grid is my Dark, where I have the basic grid set up (though my claws have hardly been MLBed yet). Wind, Light, and Earth are somewhere in the middle, with Water and Fire being my weakest grids.

I'll do a better write up later but Altair is the obvious choice for you

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

ein11EEl.png

o4Ugbeul.png

Alright, more in-depth answers!
Fire: You have Vane and Lanchan and Metera as an attacker, so you should be looking at a support character. Yuel is the go-to support characer, but is more of a healer than a buffer until she hits her 5*. Magisa would probably be your best choice for a support character here? Your fire kinda sucks though
Water: You have a bunch of attackers- Lancelot is as self-sufficent an attacker as their is, Agroval is another strong attacker with great utility, and Yngiew is a unique character. You desperatly need a support character, and that's why I mentioned that you are an obvious candidate for Altair. His first skill is a simple attack/defense up that stacks with stuff like Rage, and also gives Water attack up after his 5*. His 2nd skill is Miserable Mist, that also gives Water defense down after 5*, and his 3rd skill is a simple 30% free meter to your entire party. Hell, after his 5*, he even gives Crit up to your team with his Ougi! He does EVERYTHING except heal your team. Yuel would be the other buffer option- she can give defense down, but instead of attack up, she gives multi-attack up.
Wind: You are set. You have Summer Siegfried and Corn for attackers, and based on the Sheep 5*, the upcoming Monkey 5* will make her a monster. You even have Lennah for the pure healer and Korwa if you want to try that!
Dirt: An interesting element. You have Hallie who is a top class attacker (but you need to protect her), and you have Alex who is nuts. Earth De La Fille is your obvious hole fill for support- she can give Alex the Earth Attack up she needs.
Light: Very Jealous of your Summer Naoise! Him, Jeanine and Clarisse are you obvious line-up. Searul would be the fit for utility attacker- he provides veil and has short cooldowns on his nukes and a 5*, but this isn't an elment you need to touch.
Dark: Obviously, your strongest element. Summer Zooey, DJeannie and Vira is a hell of a team, and the only additions I could reccomend would be getting a pure self-sufficent attacker such as Wulfie or Veight- each of with basically stand on their own as multi-attackers.

All in all, you are in good shape- you can probably pick whatever character you are most attracted to or like the most, without any regards to a tier list. But the character I would pick in your spot is Altair as you make Water your second main element after dark

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Exactly 3% rate on my 100 draw, lol.

I got normal Bea out of it finally, and also Lunalu so I'll count it as a win.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Bigkrev Thanks for the advice! Altair sounds like a good pick. I think DLF will probably be my second choice whenever the next pick ticket comes around.

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely racked up in the end and got like 6 new SSRs. I always tend to do well with the roulette.

I tried out Shiva's fate episode and the latest Society event. Granblue's story and events in general are getting really dark lately especially when you compare it to how it started out.

Oct 26, 2017
I definitely racked up in the end and got like 6 new SSRs. I always tend to do well with the roulette.

I tried out Shiva's fate episode and the latest Society event. Granblue's story and events in general are getting really dark lately especially when you compare it to how it started out.

The main story too has been getting good. I mean Nahelgrande arc was great and the current arc is dropping some lore bombs which were sorely needed imo.

I still remember the old days where every conversation got interrupted by random monsters.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

I was really surprised by Shiva's fate especially when you compare it to the more cookie-cutter ones Alexiel and Europa had. Though it'll be the same pattern with them joining, lolnope here have a whole village dying from the plague.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
DwE_lxwWwAA3Ob-.jpg
DwE_mdbXcAAjfig.jpg

Being at a point in the game where you have complete teams and no needs, and thus can Suptix the SR of characters you love is such a powerful, wonderful feeling

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
I was about to skip it like the last one since I don't care that much about the normal characters that I don't have but I ended up purchasing Freyr for debuff success (among other things) on demand. He is probably the best ticketable sub-summon in the game.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can now kill Luminiera Omega in one turn. Feels like a big milestone for me lol

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
Freyr, Bonito, Typhon, and Thor are all pretty good ideas if you don't have anything urgent to ticket

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
Looking back at the 9 months (or so) that i've played, I can't believe I've done 3 sparks.

1) Spark 1 (Summer 2018)

- My first spark with Summer Jeanne as my spark target.
-Notable pulls included her + 2 Ixabas. Overall was 18 SSRs in 300 Pulls which was about average (6%). Fantastic spark since it gave me the backbone of my Agni grid.
-Sparked: Alexiel

2) Spark 2 (Early December 2018)

-I honestly did not want to spark, since all my funds since Summer were saved for the upcoming Zodiac at the end of the year.
-However, since this was Vajra's last appearance for the next year or so, it really forced my hand and made me reluctantly commit to the spark.
-The most notable pull was Cain (who I didn't want). Other that that, I got Freezie, Gandalf, Arulumaya, and Nemone + 6 Gold Moons.
-I had a hilarious (and extremely triggering) streak of summon pulls of DAOx2, Maculax2, Snow White.
-Overall was 15 SSRs in 300 Pulls which was below average (5%). Personally, I was very disappointed with the spark, especially since it was a reluctant spark.
-Sparked: Vajra

3) Spark 3 (End December 2018/Start January 19)

- A portion of this spark (20%~) came straight from my wallet (bless Christmas/New Years Costumes/Suptix). The rest of the crystals came from Fate Episodes (all 25 pages of them), Free Quests, Freebies, Events and so on. Roulette helped as well (although I did not get anything above 30 rolls during legfest.
-This spark is a weird one since it could have very nearly have been the worst spark that i've seen. Statistically, its a terrible spark; yet, its also my favorite/personally best spark now. I even hit Gachapin twice during legfest and yet they both broke on first 10 roll and gave me utter shit.
-It all started so well, with the first 10 pull giving me Gabriel. However, the next 260 pulls was utter despair. I basically pulled Grea (Gold Moon), Vane, Metera (Gold Moon) Quetzalcotl and Prometheus.
-On the last day of legfest, roulette gave me a single 10 roll.....which thankfully, gave me Kumbhira and single handed-ly saved my spark from gutter. I then finished off the last 30 rolls with tickets (which predictably gave me 0 SSRs).
-Overall this was 7 SSRs in 300 pulls which is wayyy below average (2.33%). I'm extremely delighted though since I managed to get both Kumbhira, Anila and not to mention Gabriel in one Spark. Quality > Quantity

-Sparked: Anila

Kumbhira first impressions
I've heard that she's insane for Zeus Grids but so far in my mostly completed M2 Light Grid, she feels like an above average/good character. She's the buffer that Light Magna has been begging for, yet at the same time she's not. Her buff is not consistent due to lack of DATA (well TA specifically). This makes it quite difficult to stack her Reckless Abandon without it dropping off since she already has a somewhat low base MA rate.

Until she gets her eventual buff, she will need some sort of grid supplement to get her performing in Magna grids.
eg:
Chevira/Amira/Kumbhira with Hollowsky Axe.
Seruel/Amirra/Kumbhira with Ultima Spear.

Looking forward
After doing Kumbhira's Fate Episode, I am very inclined to go after Andira next since she seems very adorable (not to mention she's getting her FLB soon). However, the legfest pool is frankly getting very unappealing, the remaining Grand Story characters that I've not gotten feel very subpar (Have Lecia/Katarina atm). The only primal grid I use is Agni as well meaning that most legfest Grand Weapons have little appeal to me.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back at the 9 months (or so) that i've played, I can't believe I've done 3 sparks.

1) Spark 1 (Summer 2018)

- My first spark with Summer Jeanne as my spark target.
-Notable pulls included her + 2 Ixabas. Overall was 18 SSRs in 300 Pulls which was about average (6%). Fantastic spark since it gave me the backbone of my Agni grid.
-Sparked: Alexiel

2) Spark 2 (Early December 2018)

-I honestly did not want to spark, since all my funds since Summer were saved for the upcoming Zodiac at the end of the year.
-However, since this was Vajra's last appearance for the next year or so, it really forced my hand and made me reluctantly commit to the spark.
-The most notable pull was Cain (who I didn't want). Other that that, I got Freezie, Gandalf, Arulumaya, and Nemone + 6 Gold Moons.
-I had a hilarious (and extremely triggering) streak of summon pulls of DAOx2, Maculax2, Snow White.
-Overall was 15 SSRs in 300 Pulls which was below average (5%). Personally, I was very disappointed with the spark, especially since it was a reluctant spark.
-Sparked: Vajra

3) Spark 3 (End December 2018/Start January 19)

- A portion of this spark (20%~) came straight from my wallet (bless Christmas/New Years Costumes/Suptix). The rest of the crystals came from Fate Episodes (all 25 pages of them), Free Quests, Freebies, Events and so on. Roulette helped as well (although I did not get anything above 30 rolls during legfest.
-This spark is a weird one since it could have very nearly have been the worst spark that i've seen. Statistically, its a terrible spark; yet, its also my favorite/personally best spark now. I even hit Gachapin twice during legfest and yet they both broke on first 10 roll and gave me utter shit.
-It all started so well, with the first 10 pull giving me Gabriel. However, the next 260 pulls was utter despair. I basically pulled Grea (Gold Moon), Vane, Metera (Gold Moon) Quetzalcotl and Prometheus.
-On the last day of legfest, roulette gave me a single 10 roll.....which thankfully, gave me Kumbhira and single handed-ly saved my spark from gutter. I then finished off the last 30 rolls with tickets (which predictably gave me 0 SSRs).
-Overall this was 7 SSRs in 300 pulls which is wayyy below average (2.33%). I'm extremely delighted though since I managed to get both Kumbhira, Anila and not to mention Gabriel in one Spark. Quality > Quantity

-Sparked: Anila

Kumbhira first impressions
I've heard that she's insane for Zeus Grids but so far in my mostly completed M2 Light Grid, she feels like an above average/good character. She's the buffer that Light Magna has been begging for, yet at the same time she's not. Her buff is not consistent due to lack of DATA (well TA specifically). This makes it quite difficult to stack her Reckless Abandon without it dropping off since she already has a somewhat low base MA rate.

Until she gets her eventual buff, she will need some sort of grid supplement to get her performing in Magna grids.
eg:
Chevira/Amira/Kumbhira with Hollowsky Axe.
Seruel/Amirra/Kumbhira with Ultima Spear.

Looking forward
After doing Kumbhira's Fate Episode, I am very inclined to go after Andira next since she seems very adorable (not to mention she's getting her FLB soon). However, the legfest pool is frankly getting very unappealing, the remaining Grand Story characters that I've not gotten feel very subpar (Have Lecia/Katarina atm). The only primal grid I use is Agni as well meaning that most legfest Grand Weapons have little appeal to me.
You have a mostly complete M2 grid and have been playing 9 months.... how many hours a day do you play?!?

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
You have a mostly complete M2 grid and have been playing 9 months.... how many hours a day do you play?!?
I have completed m2 grids for Wind (3 harps), earth (4 katanas+3 axes) and light somewhat (6 chev swords+dagger+bow).

I played a lot (its still quite a bit now!) during my first few months. Its tapered off a bit now and I only do my daily m2 hosts mostly.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who is just getting into doing a lot of M2 stuff, how did you go about completing your grids? Did you find better results doing trains or just trying to one punch with a raid finder? So far I'm mostly doing the latter with Alexiel, and buying Europa harps monthly in shop.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I have completed m2 grids for Wind (3 harps), earth (4 katanas+3 axes) and light somewhat (6 chev swords+dagger+bow).

I played a lot (its still quite a bit now!) during my first few months. Its tapered off a bit now and I only do my daily m2 hosts mostly.
I...Ive been playing for 2 years and haven't completed my light/dark M1 grids yet....

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
A question, so I'm rank 176 and haven't done Ubaha HL because I'm afraid of letting the raid down. I have a pretty good choices of grid's and character I can use
but the thing's I'm missing are summons like thor and typhoon.

How important is it that I have them and can I contribute to the raid without em? Also wouldn't mind hearing tips and experience from people during their first time.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who is just getting into doing a lot of M2 stuff, how did you go about completing your grids? Did you find better results doing trains or just trying to one punch with a raid finder? So far I'm mostly doing the latter with Alexiel, and buying Europa harps monthly in shop.
I'll be honest, I never actually do trains since I feel it takes too big of a chunk of my time at once. I've heard its good tho!
Also one punching doesn't really work with M2 since you need blue chests for drops (which needs maybe at least ~120k honor to have a decent rate to drop).

Personally, If you want to get anywhere, I would tell you to be diligent and consistent with hosting your daily m2 raids (as much as possible anyways). ie: I have been doing Europa + Metatron + Avatar almost daily. If you really want to do twitter/raid finder raids, do it during strike time. Use some skills+Auto Attack during T1 -> Refresh -> Ougi Turn 2 should net you enough honors with a decent grid.

In terms of grid completion order, I went (and would recommend if you have some AES) Wind > Earth > Water (1 harp done so far).
I put Water last since I have no interest in M2 Fire (and went Agni). You're probably doing the right thing focusing on using your pendants to complete your grid one at a time.
If you haven't already, I'd recommend pendanting a single Grimnir Harp and Alexiel Axe since a single copy of each can be used at 0*.

I...Ive been playing for 2 years and haven't completed my light/dark M1 grids yet....
Well...it would depend on how consistently you do Chev/Celeste and how you use your pendants as well.

A question, so I'm rank 176 and haven't done Ubaha HL because I'm afraid of letting the raid down. I have a pretty good choices of grid's and character I can use
but the thing's I'm missing are summons like thor and typhoon.

How important is it that I have them and can I contribute to the raid without em? Also wouldn't mind hearing tips and experience from people during their first time.
Thor is the one that's more needed but its still fine if you don't have him since other raid members can bring it.
If anything, make sure you read up on mechanics and use Sage/Spartan so you can contribute to the raid.

Ubaha HL raids in co-op will rarely fail as long as there are some high level jp carries.

Last edited:

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I'll be honest, I never actually do trains since I feel it takes too big of a chunk of my time at once. I've heard its good tho!
Also one punching doesn't really work with M2 since you need blue chests for drops (which needs maybe at least ~120k honor to have a decent rate to drop).

Personally, If you want to get anywhere, I would tell you to be diligent and consistent with hosting your daily m2 raids (as much as possible anyways). ie: I have been doing Europa + Metatron + Avatar almost daily. If you really want to do twitter/raid finder raids, do it during strike time. Use some skills+Auto Attack during T1 -> Refresh -> Ougi Turn 2 should net you enough honors with a decent grid.

In terms of grid completion order, I went (and would recommend if you have some AES) Wind > Earth > Water (1 harp done so far).
I put Water last since I have no interest in M2 Fire (and went Agni). You're probably doing the right thing focusing on using your pendants to complete your grid one at a time.
If you haven't already, I'd recommend pendanting a single Grimnir Harp and Alexiel Axe since a single copy of each can be used at 0*.

Well...it would depend on how consistently you do Chev/Celeste and how you use your pendants as well.

Thor is the one that's more needed but its still fine if you don't have him since other raid members can bring it.
If anything, make sure you read up on mechanics and use Sage/Spartan so you can contribute to the raid.

Ubaha HL raids in co-op will rarely fail as long as there are some high level jp carries.

That's cool to hear, thanks.

Also, to add on about the M2 grind, personally I focus only on hosting dailies if I can, while saving pendents to fill in the weapons that don't drop.
Managed to finish wind, light and almost done with earth this way.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Speaking of M2, should I be slowly replacing some of my 3 star M1 weapons by 0* M2 weapons like is done with the ancient ecke sachs, or I sould be building the M2 weapons 1 by one, get them to 3 stars and then move to the next replacement? I have an Alexiel axe and a Katana but I don't know if I should replace two 3 star weapons by those two 0 stars.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Speaking of M2, should I be slowly replacing some of my 3 star M1 weapons by 0* M2 weapons like is done with the ancient ecke sachs, or I sould be building the M2 weapons 1 by one, get them to 3 stars and then move to the next replacement? I have an Alexiel axe and a Katana but I don't know if I should replace two 3 star weapons by those two 0 stars.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can replace at least 1 with a 0*. After that it isn't worth it until you FLB them.

The Alexiel Katana an exception though. It's basically an ygg sword until lvl 120 which gives it a hp skill so no need to slot one until then.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Working on my M1 grid, is it better to fully uncap one copy of the weapon first, or is it better to spread it out to each copy of the weapon?

Goroh

Oct 27, 2017
Working on my M1 grid, is it better to fully uncap one copy of the weapon first, or is it better to spread it out to each copy of the weapon?
You can just fill a grid with not uncapped copies and skill them up in M1. The only weapon you have to uncap is the luminiera sword, since it's useless before lv120.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
You can just fill a grid with not uncapped copies and skill them up in M1. The only weapon you have to uncap is the luminiera sword, since it's useless before lv120.

That's good to know. What's the general rule though for uncapping once you do get to the higher end weapon grids and you start having to uncap multiple copies of weapons? Concentrate on one first or spread them out?

Goroh

Oct 27, 2017
That's good to know. What's the general rule though for uncapping once you do get to the higher end weapon grids and you start having to uncap multiple copies of weapons? Concentrate on one first or spread them out?
The rule of thumb is to fill a grid with 0* weapons, then uncap them one by one to 4* to increase the max skill level. The difference between 0* and 3* is a negligible amount of atk and hp, only at 4* you see a decent improvement by skilling them up to 15.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can replace at least 1 with a 0*. After that it isn't worth it until you FLB them.

The Alexiel Katana an exception though. It's basically an ygg sword until lvl 120 which gives it a hp skill so no need to slot one until then.

I see. Thanks for the reply.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
I think the only two good weapons where you can slot a single 0* in your grid is the Grimnir Harp and Alexiel Axe. Other weapons only unlock their secondary effect at FLB (Level 120).

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
I got Dorothy during the spark and damn, she is quite hardcore:

Dorothy: I assume they trailed us at the town and snuck into the ship with us...

Imperial Soldier: Hahaha! Good guess! As your reward, I'll end you without suffering!

Dorothy: Oh! I didn't know Erste soldiers are so generous!

Imperial Soldier: What...?

Dorothy: Because I won't give you such a reward, no matter how much you beg.

Dorothy: But you'll pay dearly for trying to bring harm to my master.

Dorothy: I won't forgive you, no matter how much you scream and beg! Teehee.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
I never did post my second spark results, did I? Rate-wise, I'm above the average again. Was actually hoping to get Olivia to round out my dark team but next time, I suppose. On the other hand, definitely considering an Ultima Spear now that I have Shiva.

oeS9tGh.jpg

Back to the M2 grind... only my Earth is the closest thing to being done, but that's still like 2 more axes and 7 more katanas to go.

Oct 26, 2017
Something I didn't notice before but looking at the Lyrics for New World Order

The World now has come, and change is at hand. Destiny's pulsing fragments awake and await commands.

My soul will rise to a new dimension. It's burning with possibility. Twenty-two disciples of light and dark have set the portal free.

Justice! Let the scales deal harsh equality.
Hanged man! Endure his foolish crucibles.
Death! Let love burn to its silent end.
Temperance! Reign over havoc, weal, and woe.
The devil! Fear the vortex swallowing all.
The tower! Tear it down with the wicked ones.
The star! Rend dark paths to distant wars.
The moon! Turn it on its head. Reality's a lie.
The sun! Worship the mercy that outshines sick truths.
Judgment! Sound the trumpets to the empire's end.

The world! Ah, how far away the ideal world! Ah, how far away the eternal world!

So, Karma weaves fate into a third world. I know the road is unforgiving. x2

He told me so, but I gave my word. Ah, how far away the ideal world! x2

They have a line dedicated to each of the Arcarum in the song. It's a neat detail imo.