• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
i just unlocked arcanum and have a question (actually 2):
if i reach checkpoint and use it i cant fucking go back since it wasted my badge? :E
wtf is this i thought it'll just save my progress and let me continue
so i either save and waste a badge or risk it and go without? or whats the point of saving

and since i got 10k points from event, should i instantly buy SSR weapons from shop? or its not worth it? i kinda want monika too

I'm not quite sure what you mean about going back. Each starting point has 9 stages with 3 sections in each. When you beat the 9th one, it loops back around to the 1st stage again. There's no reason to go back to any because of that, while the checkpoint at the end of each stage means that you can move onto the next stage.

As for weapons, you could buy them but they drop from expeditions fairly frequently. Monika is available to buy once you clear all the starting points in Normal and then Hard once.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
i just unlocked arcanum and have a question (actually 2):
if i reach checkpoint and use it i cant fucking go back since it wasted my badge? :E
wtf is this i thought it'll just save my progress and let me continue
so i either save and waste a badge or risk it and go without? or whats the point of saving

and since i got 10k points from event, should i instantly buy SSR weapons from shop? or its not worth it? i kinda want monika too

Checkpoints in Arcanum are the end of the stage/the Checkpoint button appears once you've cleared the requirements for the third level. Unless there are treasures/more enemies you want to fight on the third level of a stage, pressing Checkpoint is fine.

Definitely don't spend Arcarum points on the weapons in the Arcarum shop. You'll get plenty of those as you play through Arcarum. Save points so you can purchase Monika and the Sunlight Stones first until you're ready to start farming for the Arcarum summon (and character) you want for your top team.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
so i cannot do a run faster than within 5 days, got it. i thought i can do it until i die. oh well

is upgrading badge amount worth it if i am playing everyday anyway? i cant figure out the default max amount

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
First ever Akasha train and this happened.

A2SCc9Y
bildschirmfoto2019-06dbkie.png

The 2nd run nearly failed and I thought eh this could be a bad train. Thankfully the runs after that were quiet good.

Edit: I forgot that imgur won't work. :/

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
Checkpoint just means end of stage.

I've never bought an Arcanum weapon. They don't seem useful to me. But maybe they are if you have trouble clearing. They drop sometimes, though.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
so i cannot do a run faster than within 5 days, got it. i thought i can do it until i die. oh well

is upgrading badge amount worth it if i am playing everyday anyway? i cant figure out the default max amount
Super worth it, because sometimes you're busy with something else, an event or farming, and don't have time for it. Upper limit is now 30 badges so you don't have to worry about wasting badges.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
i got hawkeye and dark fencer, what class should i aim for next?
anythng i like or there is something really useful in particular?

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017

Probably Holy Saber and Gladiator. Holy Saber has Phalanx which is a 70% dmg cut to all parties, Gladiator gets you decimate and lines you up to unlock Chryasor.

Also, unlock Mechanic as FAST as possible, I think you only need to clear a chapter for that one. I would prioritize it over the other two.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

Mechanic should be your top priority- it's essential for your raiding/farming teams. Mystic is also very useful for farming normal events (as Mystic's autos hit all enemies). After that, Holy Saber is important, and then it's up to your playstyle- I loved playing as Superstar, but you should study and see what might match your playstyle

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
thanks a lot guys, appreciate all the help.
hopefully second part of event is fun, cant wait

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
this collab is absolutely faithful to the source material and really well done. its stupid, over the top and keeps everything i ever loved about cg

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The surprise ticket is a nice surprise. I can finally get Athena to tank for my fire team.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Well... that was kind of dark, although not to say Granblue don't have its dark moments, still Carmen committing suicide and Delfina getting blasted by the Hadron Cannon (which I kind of found hilarious on how overkill it was) was something.

How it concluded was also interesting. Don't know if there will be another event in the future or they might just use the daily fate scenes where they all return on the final day. Overall, I really enjoyed the event and it was nice to see these characters again.

Also, lol at Gisla-chan indeed. I guess we're moving on to weapon characters now.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I feel that we are getting a second part of this event at some point- it's -insane- that they are just... leaving these characters in the skydome. Like, having Lelouch and his Geass existing in the world makes future apocalyptic events like Paradise Lost/000 very hard to take seriously. That said, they kind of already gave out the 4 characters that matter for Geass, so I have no idea how you would do it. Maybe this eventually gets added to Side Stories with an extra chapter?

Oct 25, 2017
I feel that we are getting a second part of this event at some point- it's -insane- that they are just... leaving these characters in the skydome. Like, having Lelouch and his Geass existing in the world makes future apocalyptic events like Paradise Lost/000 very hard to take seriously. That said, they kind of already gave out the 4 characters that matter for Geass, so I have no idea how you would do it. Maybe this eventually gets added to Side Stories with an extra chapter?
TIME FOR US ROLO FANS TO GET THE LOVE WE DESERVE!!!!

Oct 25, 2017
So you think they're going to go the typical....

spare the baddie because of their cliche backstory, but nope Lelouch just flats out murks the antagonist in the most overkill way possible.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
The second part of the event was a lot stronger I feel, it's always hype to see Lelouch doing his thing haha. That was pretty fun.
I rolled all my crystals on galafest and got some new characters. Would this be a decent-ish dark team to start with (ignore the class, I'm just grinding atm)? I just want something alright to use Lelouch :P

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Black Knight is pretty good for fighting Luminiera, Orchid is very strong too and you also have her weapon wich is one of the best mainhands for the element, and on top of that you have a summon that boosts them, so I think you are in a pretty good shape to go.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The second part of the event was a lot stronger I feel, it's always hype to see Lelouch doing his thing haha. That was pretty fun.
I rolled all my crystals on galafest and got some new characters. Would this be a decent-ish dark team to start with (ignore the class, I'm just grinding atm)? I just want something alright to use Lelouch :P
Well Orchid is my personal dark mvp who also comes with Parazonium which is one of the best dark mainhands if you invest to uncap it, so you got a good pull there. Her, Black Knight, and Lelouch are all pretty easy to play. Kolulu looks to be better fit for when you have an enmity grid going, but she should be fine otherwise. SR Vania is alright. I'd look into completing the first "What Makes the Sky Blue" event to get Lyria since she offers a versatile support kit and matches to whatever element your team is. Also swap Lelouch and Orchids place in your team line up since Lelouch has lower charge bar gain and will benefit from ougi gains from the rest of your team

Also your summon is only giving you about 40% dark boost so I would see if you have anything better.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Black Knight is pretty good for fighting Luminiera, Orchid is very strong too and you also have her weapon wich is one of the best mainhands for the element, and on top of that you have a summon that boosts them, so I think you are in a pretty good shape to go.
Well Orchid is my personal dark mvp who also comes with Parazonium which is one of the best dark mainhands if you invest to uncap it, so you got a good pull there. Her, Black Knight, and Lelouch are all pretty easy to play. Kolulu looks to be better fit for when you have an enmity grid going, but she should be fine otherwise. SR Vania is alright. I'd look into completing the first "What Makes the Sky Blue" event to get Lyria since she offers a versatile support kit and matches to whatever element your team is. Also swap Lelouch and Orchids place in your team line up since Lelouch has lower charge bar gain and will benefit from ougi gains from the rest of your team

Also your summon is only giving you about 40% dark boost so I would see if you have anything better.
Thanks, guys! I'm still trying to get the hang of things so stuff like teambuilding and specially weapon/summon grids are still very confusing to me :P
I don't know if I have anything better for my main summon, this is what I got:

Also, should I just use the lower-rarity summons (N-R) as exp fodder or is it worth keeping some of them around? Same question for Weapons.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, guys! I'm still trying to get the hang of things so stuff like teambuilding and specially weapon/summon grids are still very confusing to me :P
I don't know if I have anything better for my main summon, this is what I got:

Also, should I just use the lower-rarity summons (N-R) as exp fodder or is it worth keeping some of them around? Same question for Weapons.
This should answer what you want to do with your excess weapons and summons.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
how good is VARIS? i know its a good MH gun but in a starter wind grid?
i already got one 3* (lack 2 gun stones to do 4*) and i just got another varis. it seems like has pretty good skill so i guess i just make a second one?

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
how good is VARIS? i know its a good MH gun but in a starter wind grid?
i already got one 3* (lack 2 gun stones to do 4*) and i just got another varis. it seems like has pretty good skill so i guess i just make a second one?

Its a good EX weapon for a grid weapon if you don't have the Xeno's (and I'm guessing you don't since you are early). You shouldn't really need to make a 2nd one though.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
Its a good EX weapon for a grid weapon if you don't have the Xeno's (and I'm guessing you don't since you are early). You shouldn't really need to make a 2nd one though.
if it will save me from grind later on its much easier to get varis for me. i need to grind medallions either way and 1-2 of them should drop naturally for the next 7 days

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
if it will save me from grind later on its much easier to get varis for me. i need to grind medallions either way and 1-2 of them should drop naturally for the next 7 days
It would save you a grind if you just grab the bow from the shadowverse side story as your second EX weapon until the Wind Xeno clash swings back around.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
It would save you a grind if you just grab the bow from the shadowverse side story as your second EX weapon until the Wind Xeno clash swings back around.
already got it, Arisa is in my wind team now as i dont have 3rd wind SSR character

can anyone explain me shop journey stuff: i see upgrade for 10 drops that boosts exp by 50% and grand upgrade by 60%, i am supposed to hit that button any time i upgrade anything? it cant be right?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
already got it, Arisa is in my wind team now as i dont have 3rd wind SSR character

can anyone explain me shop journey stuff: i see upgrade for 10 drops that boosts exp by 50% and grand upgrade by 60%, i am supposed to hit that button any time i upgrade anything? it cant be right?
You can hit it if you want any of those bonuses. I mostly use my journey drops on the item drop rate buff.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Generally yes since drop rates for certain stuff can be not great. Also reaching platinum usage of drops gets you a nice sum of crystals every month.

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, VARIS has the benefit of having a 4* uncap and is a gun (gun's have higher base stats), so strictly speaking its better than the Shadowverse bow. That said, guns are restricted as mainhands to a few classes and wind has Tiamat guns anyway, so you'll probably replace one or both eventually.

Thankfully the 4* doesn't require quartz.

The journey drop buffs consume journey drops which you get for AP usage. During magnafest, the effect is doubled over their normal buff. The best one is the boost for drop rate which will help a ton when you are farming magna raids and many other events.

I use the upgrade EXP and the grand success all the time (helpfully when doing level 150 and level 200 upgrades), but you may want to bulk your upgrade together early on since you might not have a ton of journey drops.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm grinding shards for my first Hollowsky weapon, and of COURSE I get the relic drop I never got when I was grinding my character to 5*

Yay fodder?

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
whats the best investment in normal pendant shop?
should i buy omega weapons for all elements first?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
whats the best investment in normal pendant shop?
should i buy omega weapons for all elements first?
Yeah, pendants are going to go towards getting the omega weapons you need. Generally Dark Claws and Light Swords are the best value as they have the worst drop rates for their respective bosses. However you don't actually use light swords until you can uncap them, so Dark Claws are the absolute best choice if you can't decide.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The event is getting me watch code geass again, and I've gotta say, even though it's like my third or fourth time going through the series, I'm still struck by how insanely rewatchable the show is.

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, pendants are going to go towards getting the omega weapons you need. Generally Dark Claws and Light Swords are the best value as they have the worst drop rates for their respective bosses. However you don't actually use light swords until you can uncap them, so Dark Claws are the absolute best choice if you can't decide.

Yeah stay away from the Light Swords for now. You can't use them until 4* and you can't uncap it until you are over level 100.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
Dark claws it is then, my wind isnt so bad with addition of varis and i could use another element with lelouch checkmate being very useful 500000 dmg nuke early game

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Dark claws it is then, my wind isnt so bad with addition of varis and i could use another element with lelouch checkmate being very useful 500000 dmg nuke early game

Also buy the three moons available every month (Bronze, Silver, and Gold). They aren't going to be useful for you immediately but they'll add up if you ever want to buy items from the Moon shop.