• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
omg i didnt expect varis 4* to be 150 levels.
i have 10 reserve chalices, is it worth maxing it out asap, aswell as skill levels? i know i can get it to at least 5skill with SR feeding

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
For leveling up weapons, there are diminishing returns past lv 100 and skill level 10. Still good to do eventually but not necessarily your first priority.

Also from my experience, leveling skill up by 1 level has about the same benefit to your grid as leveling the weapon level 20 levels. So skill levels are actually more important than weapon level.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
i'm leeching bahamut raids as much as i can right now and already got plenty of weapons clogging up my inventory.
i am utterly confused about rusted since they both are used in different things (baha and revenant?)
do i just uncap them with each duplicate without giving a fuck and decide what to do with it later?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I would put them all in stashes for now. You really want a ton of them eventually, so it's good to start stocking them early.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
thanks, i'll just keep them then. just as i was typing i got luminera summon from omega, feels good.

as i am getting omega ssr weapons, do i uncap them if i get the same i need for basic grids or i keep them all to up them individually using something else? i remember reading something like that, that you shouldnt uncap omega ssr with another ssr

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Keep them individually until you get 5-6 of them for your grid, then start uncapping them with copies.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I would put them all in stashes for now. You really want a ton of them eventually, so it's good to start stocking them early.

Listen to this. I got everything to get the final uncap for my first eternal, or so I thought. Just when I was about to change element to the 10 weapons to reduce them I realized I needed a fully uncaped rusted weapon for each revenant weapon, now I need to farm 40 copies of a specific rusted weapon and Bahamut drops everything, except what I need.

T7iIS1H.jpg

Speaking of painful grinds, is it worth to get the 4* for the Scimitar of brahman or I'm better off using Shiva's omega animas to uncap the fire opus weapon? also, the pendulum effects only aply when using the opus weapon as a mainhand?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Listen to this. I got everything to get the final uncap for my first eternal, or so I thought. Just when I was about to change element to the 10 weapons to reduce them I realized I needed a fully uncaped rusted weapon for each revenant weapon, now I need to farm 40 copies of a specific rusted weapon and Bahamut drops everything, except what I need.

T7iIS1H.jpg

Speaking of painful grinds, is it worth to get the 4* for the Scimitar of brahman or I'm better off using Shiva's omega animas to uncap the fire opus weapon? also, the pendulum effects only aply when using the opus weapon as a mainhand?
Probably the Opus since Shiva weapons aren't super great.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
what do i do with SSR summons i dont need?
i have one 3* CC that i cannot cap to 4 because i dont have dark quartz and shit
but i got 3 more drops randomly.
is it just for feeding or do i reduce them?

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
Reduce, that is the main way to obtain quartz.
if thats the case, since i have a lot of free time for grind it makes sense for me to buy CC from shop and just reduce her? it costs only 400ap to get enough tokens. i pretty much already bought everything else outside of urns

sorry for lots of questions, once again i deeply appreciate all of you helping out, this game is quite confusing.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
if thats the case, since i have a lot of free time for grind it makes sense for me to buy CC from shop and just reduce her? it costs only 400ap to get enough tokens. i pretty much already bought everything else outside of urns

sorry for lots of questions, once again i deeply appreciate all of you helping out, this game is quite confusing.
Nah you get quartz from the summons, but you won't actually need to use any quartz until you're over rank 100 mostly. You can probably start grinding other stuff.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
i get it right that nezha and other raids are just next level of previous lvl 50-70 omega raids and i should start hosting those too even if i have no chance of doing any significant damage just for red chest?

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
i get it right that nezha and other raids are just next level of previous lvl 50-70 omega raids and i should start hosting those too even if i have no chance of doing any significant damage just for red chest?
During magnafests (nickname of campaigns with half AP/EP consumption) there are always a lot of people hosting so it might not be a great idea to do that since you won't get as much help. Also, Nezha doesn't have great drops so don't host it unless you need it's anima for hosting Grand Order raids.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
During magnafests (nickname of campaigns with half AP/EP consumption) there are always a lot of people hosting so it might not be a great idea to do that since you won't get as much help. Also, Nezha doesn't have great drops so don't host it unless you need it's anima for hosting Grand Order raids.
well help is putting it lightly, i cant even do hard omega raids solo yet outside of yggdrasil.
is there any significant point of hosting higher level raids for me right now or i just should just focus on finishing story/side stories and grinding hard magna raids?
i am like at chapter 50 atm and grabbed all the good ssr/sr characters from sidestories (first-third years, kokkoro etc)

edit: i think i can actually unlock mechanic if i buy 400 points from event store, maybe i'll do that

Last edited:

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
well help is putting it lightly, i cant even do hard omega raids solo yet outside of yggdrasil.
is there any significant point of hosting higher level raids for me right now or i just should just focus on finishing story/side stories and grinding hard magna raids?
i am like at chapter 50 atm and grabbed all the good ssr/sr characters from sidestories (first-third years, kokkoro etc)

edit: i think i can actually unlock mechanic if i buy 400 points from event store, maybe i'll do that
You can try to participate in COOP trains, players take turns doing hosts and everyone tries to kill as fast as possible.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017

if possible try to host omega raid daily. Not only will hosting give you red chest that has higher chance to give SSR item. If you have higher level friend,ask them to solo it for you so you can get Vice-MVP and chance for another red chest.

but, omega raid is something that you will never escape from. Even when you reach rank 200, you still need to do omega.

Last edited:

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm new to the thread, but I've been lurking for a while now. I've played on and off for some months now, and I thought I'd give something back to Cygames for the countless hours of enjoyment by buying the surprise ticket. I'm still a noob though, so could someone suggest which character I should pick with the ticket?
These are my SSRs.
Thanks to anyone willing to help a noob out :)

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone! I'm new to the thread, but I've been lurking for a while now. I've played on and off for some months now, and I thought I'd give something back to Cygames for the countless hours of enjoyment by buying the surprise ticket. I'm still a noob though, so could someone suggest which character I should pick with the ticket?
These are my SSRs.
It depends which element you want to spark for. It looks like Light is your weakest so I'd probably recommend Jeanne.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
These are my SSRs.
Looking at what you have, you should probably be ticketing a Light character. Roombi is a pure attacker, Seruel has a veil that is very useful for fighting things like Celeste, Jeanne is an all-around unit, and there are more unique characters like The Maids and Gun Zooey that are fun to use.
Your other elements are fine- the only other character I would recommend in an element is Altair in Water, who is the jack of all trades buffer for that element that is usefull at any rank in the game

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
It depends which element you want to spark for. It looks like Light is your weakest so I'd probably recommend Jeanne.
Looking at what you have, you should probably be ticketing a Light character. Roombi is a pure attacker, Seruel has a veil that is very useful for fighting things like Celeste, Jeanne is an all-around unit, and there are more unique characters like The Maids and Gun Zooey that are fun to use.
Your other elements are fine- the only other character I would recommend in an element is Altair in Water, who is the jack of all trades buffer for that element that is usefull at any rank in the game

I was thinking the same thing, I'm lacking light characters and I was aiming for Jeanne, I went for it :)
Now I'll go back to grinding

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
A bit late but I would had suggested light Charlotta since she has the highest attack buff and is semi-inmortal

Nice suggestion, but I wanted more of a Jack of all trades char, to start tackling some dark content.
Speaking of which, the sheer amount of stuff to do in this game is absurd, I'm at chapter 49 of the main story and I did about 7-8 side stories and I think I did like 0,1% of what's there to do.
The thing I'm having more difficulty with is mostly choosing what to prioritize, does anyone have some insight? I also have to start looking into proper teambuilding...

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
Nice suggestion, but I wanted more of a Jack of all trades char, to start tackling some dark content.
Speaking of which, the sheer amount of stuff to do in this game is absurd, I'm at chapter 49 of the main story and I did about 7-8 side stories and I think I did like 0,1% of what's there to do.
The thing I'm having more difficulty with is mostly choosing what to prioritize, does anyone have some insight? I also have to start looking into proper teambuilding...
just out of curiosity for how long you are playing?
i am literally at exactly same spot but have half of ssrs ;d
i havent rolled outside of free rolls yet tho

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

Basic Grids

Start going through these pages, and then feel free to ask any questions not answered here/things you don't understand from the wiki.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017

Basic Grids

Start going through these pages, and then feel free to ask any questions not answered here/things you don't understand from the wiki.
i'll take you on that offer first then if you dont mind ;p
ingame damage calculator - i read it autoselects based on atk and not estimated damage, but estimated damage is calculated correctly with skills so if i insert a magna weapon manually and estimated decreases it means its not worth it? or estimated is unreliable too?

i ask because i got 2 dark claws from pendant shop and since i barely have dark weapons i am not sure if i should include them or not since autoselect surely does not (they are both lvl 40 skill 1 for now)

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
ingame damage calculator - i read it autoselects based on atk and not estimated damage, but estimated damage is calculated correctly with skills so if i insert a magna weapon manually and estimated decreases it means its not worth it? or estimated is unreliable too?

i ask because i got 2 dark claws from pendant shop and since i barely have dark weapons i am not sure if i should include them or not since autoselect surely does not (they are both lvl 40 skill 1 for now)
You need to get those skills up but they should be worth it. You can also compare what your damage like is at low HP versus high HP for enmity weapons like those.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

The main "issue" with the damage calculator is it can't account for everything in regards to skills/summons/how you will be fighting/etc... For example, Dark Claws. If you look at the Omega weapons available for Dark, Claws are not the "strongest" weapon you could use vs the Dark Axe. The Dark Axe has a stronger attack stat at lvl 150 and it's strength boost is 18% vs 14.5% for Claws at skill lvl 15. What the Damage Calculator does not take into account fully is the Dark Claw's Enmity skill, which gives an additional boost in strength as your characters' HP decreases. Around the point your character's HP falls below 85%, Dark Claws become stronger.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
The main "issue" with the damage calculator is it can't account for everything in regards to skills/summons/how you will be fighting/etc... For example, Dark Claws. If you look at the Omega weapons available for Dark, Claws are not the "strongest" weapon you could use vs the Dark Axe. The Dark Axe has a stronger attack stat at lvl 150 and it's strength boost is 18% vs 14.5% for Claws at skill lvl 15. What the Damage Calculator does not take into account fully is the Dark Claw's Enmity skill, which gives an additional boost in strength as your characters' HP decreases. Around the point your character's HP falls below 85%, Dark Claws become stronger.
You can choose what HP percentage is used for the calculation.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
just out of curiosity for how long you are playing?
i am literally at exactly same spot but have half of ssrs ;d
i havent rolled outside of free rolls yet tho

I never dropped cash on the game, just played casually until this week like twice a week or so getting a lot of crystals and free rolls over that time, plus the free rolls during gala, frenzy etc. Also, luck :D

Last edited:

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
You can choose what HP percentage is used for the calculation.

Right, but if you don't know how Emnity works you won't know to make that adjustment/you'll end up using the Damage Calculator defaults. But maybe a better example would be grids relying on Charge Attack damage or Critical damage. Regardless, don't rely solely on the Damage Calculator.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I want to see Ono Yuuki's Gisla grid in action. What is this man fascination with that weapon lmao.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea if the light/dark Xeno clash is going to happen soon?

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice they finally added that one? That's the event I've been most looking forward to. Heard a lot of good things.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Any recommendations on what to get for a pick ticket?

I managed to get some good draws during my last spark, but I dunno if I'm missing any integral characters for certain elements.

Would it be better to go for summons? If so, any must haves?

Here's my roster:

lNHeVual.png

6SQ2Elrl.png

I3DFHgml.png

Ptb2CAvl.png