• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
Any recommendations on what to get for a pick ticket?

I managed to get some good draws during my last spark, but I dunno if I'm missing any integral characters for certain elements.

Would it be better to go for summons? If so, any must haves?

Here's my roster:

lNHeVual.png

6SQ2Elrl.png

I3DFHgml.png

Ptb2CAvl.png
I would recommend either Lily for water (for a wand team) or Athena for fire.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations on what to get for a pick ticket?

I managed to get some good draws during my last spark, but I dunno if I'm missing any integral characters for certain elements.

Would it be better to go for summons? If so, any must haves?

Here's my roster:

lNHeVual.png

6SQ2Elrl.png

I3DFHgml.png

Ptb2CAvl.png
Consider Athena to help keep your fire team alive for harder content. Siegfried is a good choice if you want to build a katana Earth team with Alex and Cain. Yurius is also a good choice for wind.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
So, with the start of the Summer event in 30ish hours (a month earlier than last year!), we are either about to start or are very close to Swimsuit season. Who are you betting we see this year?

Cocouroux is my lock for this year- and I'm guessing Silva comes along with her
I'm also thinking we get a R-only character promoted to SR this summer- and i'm betting it's Drusilla, who can go on a summer shopping spree

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Summer Magisa is basically confirmed already

Psst, don't leak characters. KMR will ban you.

We could also see one of Tiamat, Rackham or Raphael. Only 3 characters that have something to do with the leaked weapon ougi name. Chrysanthemum. Chapter where you fight Tiamal and Raphael is called Chrysanthemum Ridge and one of Rackham outfit also has the name.

Of course this could be wrong.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
So them not returning means a possible R2 in the future? Also, lets revisit once again how big the ship is since its now housing 3 Knightmare (well 4 if we include Siegfried?)

Since Rackam the only original crew member without an Summer variant, I could see it happening.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I wonder if what they did with Yngwie last year is still a thing and if it was which character would people want to 5* next?

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Ohtsuka's son has taken over a good bit of his VA roles. It would be dumb to let a character rot when you can get a good voice replacement.
Would be cool if they got his son to continue his role as Aletheia. Always liked anime Gandalf.

I was kind of thinking on the line of giving a character an uncap resulting in a pseudo-holiday character.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
This event was... a lot
  • English Voice Acting!
  • The bimbofication of Lucio
  • The "sshark!" roar of the shark, my new favorite sound clip
  • "That Big Black Shadow... is a giant shark made of countless smaller sharks!"
  • "I've had it with these motherfucking sharks in the motherfucking sky!"
  • The fact that this is the canonical follow-up to the What Makes the Sky Blue Trilogy
  • and finally...
Also, Give Summer Lucio and the Summer Sandalphon skins right now

In all seriousness, this was probably my favorite event they have ever done.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Both are really good so you probably should go for them at some point. Lucifer is one of the best summons for stats and for soloing content but it's a huge pain to get the 4th star, if you don't have all those primarch animas is gonna take a while. Bonito enables you to burst like crazy and will be really helpful during the next guild wars in a couple weeks, but if you have added a couple friends with bonito summons it may not be the highest priority now that we can use the same friend summon repeatedly.

Something I don't know about bonito is, if you have two equipped, can you get the call effect twice or only the first bonito you use will give you the charge? If it's the former it may be considerably useful, but I don't have a bonito of my own to try.

Last edited:

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Laughed so many times throughout this event, the Angels going to the beach and watching them interact with each other was pretty fun.

Took me half way through the event to realise the Sharks was saying it's name like a Pokemon. Lucio getting eaten with Sandal's reaction and afterwards coming out from the other end of Old Bruce had me cracking up. The game did an good job in making me liking Azreal and Sariel more (although wouldn't hurt to give Israfel more screen time).

The server is sweating if Summer Lucio or Sandalphon part of the upcoming gacha pool (or I guess they'll make them into skins). And Sariel riding Old Bruce as Summer Summon would be amazing, please.

Going to be interesting to see what next for the Angel saga with Sariel wanting to bring back Belial

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they don't take too long to rerun WindHose. It sucks to have missed such a good Wind Main Hand.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they don't take too long to rerun WindHose. It sucks to have missed such a good Wind Main Hand.

The three Providing Grounds we've had so far have been 3-4 months apart. Considering we still need Earth, Light, and Dark, we probably won't see Wind Providing Grounds again until next year unless they make changes.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
The three Providing Grounds we've had so far have been 3-4 months apart. Considering we still need Earth, Light, and Dark, we probably won't see Wind Providing Grounds again until next year unless they make changes.
Yeah... (Still kicking myself with fire) maybe they'll be more frequent after all the elements are done.

Any idea of when will hear the next charecters for versus?
'Maybe' around Anime Expo. If not either their summer stream or Evo in August.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
OH GOD. This time it's real isn't it? And it's better than the fake leak.

Summer characters
. Yggdrasil (summon), Halmal, Sandalphone

Last edited:

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Summer Ygg, Halmal and Sandal are out now.

One day I hope to get Halmal, did a 10 pull and ended up with Pholia so I can't exactly complain.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up getting sandal and sparking for halmal. I wonder how much elemental attack those crests give. I would check the effect from other characters but the wiki is totally dead

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
God I wish I had enough crystals and tickets to spark now... I'm at about 100 pulls, I'll just wait for the next time.
Taht Sandy looked yummy though :(

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Finally stopped using my crystals and saved up for a spark. Drew S.Sandal and the summon but couldn't get HalMal (damn 6%). Went for Kumbhira anyways as she was my intended target this time.

God I wish I had enough crystals and tickets to spark now... I'm at about 100 pulls, I'll just wait for the next time.
Taht Sandy looked yummy though :(

If it was similar to last year, at the end of July or August, they'll probably put all the new summer characters together again (there still more new Summer Characters) for one big banner so it maybe a better time to spark/draw then.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Blew 82 summons I was saving since Pholia was on rate up and Andira was on banner. Only got Korwa and a Zues summon. Feels bad.

Oct 25, 2017
HalMal are all I've wanted for a long time, but I'm not finished saving up for a spark. I did two 10 pulls anyway like a sucker, and did at least get Yggdrasil.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Shadowbringers is taking up all my time that I missed that they double whammy dropped wet Sandal and HalMal. Damn, that's devious. Are Lucio and Sariel going to be the next? lol.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
Finally stopped using my crystals and saved up for a spark. Drew S.Sandal and the summon but couldn't get HalMal (damn 6%). Went for Kumbhira anyways as she was my intended target this time.

If it was similar to last year, at the end of July or August, they'll probably put all the new summer characters together again (there still more new Summer Characters) for one big banner so it maybe a better time to spark/draw then.

Yeah well, I've only recently started playing more "seriously", so there's a ton of stuff I need to do before I actually need more characters. I'm nowhere near having a complete Magna grid, for instance, so I can honestly wait until I have enough crystals/tickets for sparking since even a new stronger character won't have much of an impact with my crappy grids.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Thank the lord that my son, Ayer, is getting a 5*. He's needed a Beatrix-esque complete kit re-work, as he only has 1 useable button in his kit (somehow, his Summer SR version has more buttons to use), and with Hallie getting re-worked into a god, hopefully Ayer can join her

Oct 25, 2017
So is there anyway I get can Otherworldly Dark blade to uncap my class champion weapon?

I pretty much have everything besides that, but it says I need to be rank 120 to get into the Coop stage to get it. I'm only asking because I've seen some people ranked lower than that with their IV class already unlocked.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
So is there anyway I get can Otherworldly Dark blade to uncap my class champion weapon?

I pretty much have everything besides that, but it says I need to be rank 120 to get into the Coop stage to get it. I'm only asking because I've seen some people ranked lower than that with their IV class already unlocked.
I think you can join at a lower rank.

Ripley

Nov 8, 2017

You also don't need to uncap the class champion weapon to 5* to unlock Row IV classes - just having crafted it is enough.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
You can always try to join a room and see if there's one with no rank restrictions. It may take a lot of refreshes but I've heard that at japanese prime time your chances of finding a room are higher.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I have something like 22 Sage Esteems and yet only 2 of the Knight ones that I need 5 of to get the Emblem to finish my Katana for good.
Co-op sucks