• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Hopefully it means the game is close to release, and with the stream being so close to EVO and CyGames being a sponsor for it for a while, maybe there'll be some exhibition matches during the tournament.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that trailer for VS they announced would be coming soon a few days ago wasn't shown at AX.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018

When I saw this tweet, I got excited but it seems like nothing came out of AX. Onward to Evo/the summer stream in August I guess.

PaladinCharge

Nov 17, 2017
Is getting into Akasha trains hard as a rank 150 player? I'm getting pretty close to level 150, and the Hollowsky weapons look really cool (I'll be able to mess with way more teams when I get my first one), but I'm wondering if I should temper my expectations about how much work it's gonna take to get one.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
Is getting into Akasha trains hard as a rank 150 player? I'm getting pretty close to level 150, and the Hollowsky weapons look really cool (I'll be able to mess with way more teams when I get my first one), but I'm wondering if I should temper my expectations about how much work it's gonna take to get one.
A Akasha train that accepts rank 150 players will be slow and potentially fail. You could try to organize the train yourself (with a higher rank requirement, at least 175) and hope that people don't pay attention to your rank.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

Most Co-Op rooms these days for Akasha ask for 180 rank and up. Besides deathkiller's suggestion, you could also try joining random twitter raids if you're quick enough to get in.

PaladinCharge

Nov 17, 2017

Most Co-Op rooms these days for Akasha ask for 180 rank and up. Besides deathkiller's suggestion, you could also try joining random twitter raids if you're quick enough to get in.

Hmm, thanks for the suggestions guys. Yeah, I guess I really only have the Eternals for the axe now anyway, so I'll probably just try hosting it a bunch in pubs and joing twitter raids. It'll be annoying but I guess that's what I did for my Atma weapons/keys anyway. Maybe I'll try hosting a train but I'm probably too cowardly for that lol.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017

To add to that, the interview done here: https://www.japanator.com/japanator...talks-season-2-versus-mobile-game-36003.phtml

Kind of refers to this too, saying;

CC: The main GBF game is available almost entirely in English, and there are a large number of international players already in the game, but it's still a little difficult to just get started since signing up is limited to Japanese. Do you plan to make GBF more widely accessible soon? How about things like the events, merchandise, or other media currently enjoyed by Japanese players or fans living in Japan?

YK: What you propose is a good idea. Plans are ongoing at this point. We are having a tour to sell CyGames merchandise in different cities in the US. Depending on the reaction, we will expand into more states in the US or other western countries. About not being able to sign up, we considering improving and making it more accessible to western audiences.

So I suppose they removed it because they did not really have details to back it up. My guess from this is just that they are going to put it on different region stores eventually. But we'll still have to deal with the same servers located in Japan. I doubt that is going to change.

Oct 25, 2017
So finally after so much monotony I finally unlocked Rune Slayer and Chrysaor class at once. It feels really good to finally get to the final class tier.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Gun is Europa Harp
Water Dagger is an AES (that can actually be 4* lol!)
Earth Spear is... Avatar Gun?
No idea what the Wind Harp is though

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
That gun looks amazing. Everything else, not so much. I'm assuming like with the other ROTB weapons we are limited to 1 of each? Which makes the crit stuff pretty pointless.
I'm guessing probably only 1 as well but maybe they'll restock it every time the event returns.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Only 1 of each weapon, but at least the materials are simple for once to fully uncap them. I'm guessing they'll add Cipher upgrades and additional copies in future reruns.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Is it worth it to get into Huanglong & Qilin trains if I always end up in the last places? I seriously can't damage those things with my terrible grids but I want their souls and maybe some summons.

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth it to get into Huanglong & Qilin trains if I always end up in the last places? I seriously can't damage those things with my terrible grids but I want their souls and maybe some summons.

Yes. The only thing you are missing out by wanpanning are the red chests. Only one of the chests is affected by drop rates, the rest are guaranteed. You will get anima and summons the more you do them.

I honestly just hit auto through them.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Whooo- after procrastinating for over a year, I finally did UBHL with my crew. I kept putting it off- I was now saying "once I hit 175 i'll do it", but even though I had little idea what I was doing except for the percentage points to have damage cut- which led to me hilariously having off-element Lennah in front for the 2nd half of the fight cause I didn't know he pulls the backline in, and I ended up in 6th place, I was never in any danger of dying at any point (45K HP on MC, 37-39 on each party member), and I can FINALLY start thinking about making an Ultima weapon now

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
Whooo- after procrastinating for over a year, I finally did UBHL with my crew. I kept putting it off- I was now saying "once I hit 175 i'll do it", but even though I had little idea what I was doing except for the percentage points to have damage cut- which led to me hilariously having off-element Lennah in front for the 2nd half of the fight cause I didn't know he pulls the backline in, and I ended up in 6th place, I was never in any danger of dying at any point (45K HP on MC, 37-39 on each party member), and I can FINALLY start thinking about making an Ultima weapon now

Grats!

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Actual QOL upgrade for this upcoming Unite and Fight: Nightmare fights have Prestige Points on them. Good for newbies (as i don't think there is a way pre-100 to get prestiege?), good for people like me who never cap weekly crew points, AND it means you don't have to beat up a M2 2 dozen times and can just focus on GW for the week

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they increase the pendant cap temporarily as I already capped from co-op rooms today.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
That is an pretty decent QoL, really nice to have indeed.

Also, looks like it the battle of the Bonito this GW (now I'm wondering what kind of summon this fire version going to be).

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
So, what does everyone think, are the servers going to explode again, or last time was just due the update screwing things up?

I finally feel strong enough to maybe do 40 boxes (if they don't mega buff the bosses health to adjust to bonito's power), or at least 37 that I need for 2 eternal uncaps.

Speaking of which, I finally got my first 5* eternal!!!

fLV4gcm.png

but there's no half AP event or even weekend slimes for me to level her up without using a million half potions.

T7iIS1H.png

I think I need to start planning these things better.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
So, what does everyone think, are the servers going to explode again, or last time was just due the update screwing things up?

I finally feel strong enough to maybe do 40 boxes (if they don't mega buff the bosses health to adjust to bonito's power), or at least 37 that I need for 2 eternal uncaps.

Speaking of which, I finally got my first 5* eternal!!!

fLV4gcm.png

but there's no half AP event or even weekend slimes for me to level her up without using a million half potions.

T7iIS1H.png

Grats! She was my first 5* as well and hard carried my wind (hope she does for you to).

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
turn off autograil, start saving angel weapons in your crate, and feed her once you start opening boxes

there've been a bunch of eternals that i finished 40 boxing during their respective GWs that have gotten from 80 to 97-98 basically as soon as they're uncapped, without needing to spend books or cookies

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Grats! She was my first 5* as well and hard carried my wind (hope she does for you to).

I hope she helps. My wind teams feel a bit slow despite my grid not being that bad.

turn off autograil, start saving angel weapons in your crate, and feed her once you start opening boxes

there've been a bunch of eternals that i finished 40 boxing during their respective GWs that have gotten from 80 to 97-98 basically as soon as they're uncapped, without needing to spend books or cookies

Oh, I never tried to upgrade characters with weapons. Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna start saving those angel weapns.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's a change you have a couple gold spellbooks in your inventory too, flb Eternals are one of the best uses for them.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The boss is....fried bonito...?

Probably gonna slack this GW anyway, my water sucks and I'm spending more time with Shadowbringers.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I discovered that a Chryosar can use Unsigned Kaneshige as a mainhand if you set it as your Aux weapon and switch to it. So I have a reliable 9-click EX+ kill that I need to work on optimizing down

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
I discovered that a Chryosar can use Unsigned Kaneshige as a mainhand if you set it as your Aux weapon and switch to it. So I have a reliable 9-click EX+ kill that I need to work on optimizing down

What's your grid/summons/characters? 9 clicks is a lot. Might be better off with EX if you aren't chasing honors.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
What's your grid/summons/characters? 9 clicks is a lot. Might be better off with EX if you aren't chasing honors.
I'm running Chryosar/Lyria/Altair/Silva, but I might try sticking Uno in instead of Lyria because of the extra CA bar we get in GW from boosts. I'm using Double Varuna
This is a link to my Motocal for water https://medon-lab.com/keisanki/?id=120413 I don't know hoe to get it to show the most optimal stuff for a 1-turn CA team, but this is the grid I am currently running
xdpEnyj.png

I only have 1 Europa Harp...
These are my characters
bTkperF.png

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
I'm running Chryosar/Lyria/Altair/Silva, but I might try sticking Uno in instead of Lyria because of the extra CA bar we get in GW from boosts. I'm using Double Varuna
This is a link to my Motocal for water https://medon-lab.com/keisanki/?id=120413 I don't know hoe to get it to show the most optimal stuff for a 1-turn CA team, but this is the grid I am currently running

Did you try using a Kengo setup with the Kaneshige MH? Ultima Katana would really help here. There's probably not enough CA Cap up here with out more harps though. Check into the old Luchidor grids from past GW's.

Guessing you don't have the Bow of Sigurd either.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Did you try using a Kengo setup with the Kaneshige MH? Ultima Katana would really help here. There's probably not enough CA Cap up here with out more harps though. Check into the old Luchidor grids from past GW's.

Guessing you don't have the Bow of Sigurd either.
I do have Bow, and I will admit that I wasn't deeply experimenting with it, but it seemed to be slightly worse than a Fimbul or a Murglies

My Grid options (all are FLB unless otherwise noted)
3x Murglies
2x Xeno Staff
2x Fimbul
Blue Sphere
Primal Dark Opus Staff (4* with CA DMG cap up)
Bow of Sigurd
Europa Harp
ROTB Fists
Xeno Harp
Levi Dagger
Seraphic Wand (3*)
Unsigned Kaneshige (with Chain Burst up)
Cap up ROTB Mace
Scarlet Vane (Water Socie's weapon, has dmg cap up)

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
I do have Bow, and I will admit that I wasn't deeply experimenting with it, but it seemed to be slightly worse than a Fimbul or a Murglies

Thanks, give this a try

MC: Kengo, No More Doubt, Rending Flash, Splitting Spirit
Altair, Romeo, Yoda
Grid is 2x Fimbul, Opus, Mace, Xeno, Sigurd, Sepharic, Sphere, Harp
MH: Kaneshige

Skills would be MC 4/3/2/1, Altair 1/2, Bonito. Keep an eye on it and make sure MC only ougi's twice since you don't have a triple guaranteed (which would allow you ougi 3 times and make it a walk in the park).

While not many clicks less, it also bulks the clicks into two characters.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, give this a try

MC: Kengo, No More Doubt, Rending Flash, Splitting Spirit
Altair, Romeo, Yoda
Grid is 2x Fimbul, Opus, Mace, Xeno, Sigurd, Sepharic, Sphere, Harp
MH: Kaneshige

Skills would be MC 4/3/2/1, Altair 1/2, Bonito. Keep an eye on it and make sure MC only ougi's twice since you don't have a triple guaranteed (which would allow you ougi 3 times and make it a walk in the park).

While not many clicks less, it also bulks the clicks into two characters.
I'll give that a try, but I worked with my crew and after I gold moon'd Lily to 5*, we came up with a grid that worked and a setup of
Miserable Mist (Defense Breach if Mist misses)
Lily 2
Uno 2
Silva 1
Bonito
Attack
That gets to 21 million. The big issue is that you need to access all 4 characters, so if something worked like using Uno's 1 instead of Mist, it would speed up the real time kill

Oct 26, 2017
New Ayer is pretty good.

Not 100 yet but his jolt counter is actually usable now.

Just put him in last slot so you can use his charge attack whenever (it always drains 10% at end of turn).