• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gyaru

Oct 25, 2017
Iceland
ZxF1j2E.png

Granblue Fantasy |OT|
-----------------------------------------------------
[What is Granblue Fantasy?]
Granblue Fantasy is Mobile J-RPG developed by Cygames and published by Mobage. Notable staff members include artist Hideo Minaba (Final Fantasy/Bravely Default) and composer Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy).

Some examples of the music in the game:
- Magna Bosses OST
- The World's boss battle theme
- Rose Queen
- SOIYA!

[Gameplay]

jl387i0.png

uEQ52R2.jpg

q24Tw5Z.jpg

[Is it pay to win?]

No, while spending money will give you an advantage you dont need to do so in order to progress or to do well.
SSR characters (the highest rarity and most powerful characters) are available almost exclusively via the in-game gacha. The in-game gacha uses two currency systems, Mobacoins (which are purchased with real money) and Crystals (a premium currency earned in game for clearing story missions/events/login rewards/etc.). The game is quite generous with crystals so you should easily be able to make one or two ten pulls each month on the Legendary gacha (the Legendary gacha increases the SSR drop rate from 3% to 6% it used to be bi-monthly but has been monthly so far in 2016). You can also obtain some very powerful SSR characters via the in-game guild wars events (though they take a long time and a lot of resources to acquire). SR characters can be earned via the gacha/events/story progression and a lot of them are quite viable for early to mid-game play. The game also has special gachas which you can partake in with Mobacoins (i.e. real money) which allow you to select a specific SSR unit or guarantee that one will drop.
As well as characters your party is made up of Summons and a Weapon's "pool". You can obtain good weapons and summons from the in-game gacha but the most powerful Summons and Weapons are only obtainable in-game and your end-game teams will depend on farming these. As such you can easily be competitive without spending any money (though if you are planning to stay F2P long term re-rolling until you get a SSR is a good idea)
Like several other mobile games Granblue features a stamina system which has two components, your ordinary stamina is used for general activities and increases as you progress in levels. Your "Raid Stamina" starts at (and has a maximum) of five dots and is used to pay for multiplayer battles. The game provides numerous consumables which allow you gain/replenish both types of stamina (though you may want to stockpile these for special events).

There's also the Co-op mode in which you can fight battles with up to four players. Only the host has to spend AP so as long as you can keep joining other rooms you get to play forever. You can even gain stamina potions while playing Co-op that you can use in other game modes.

[Getting Started]

The mobile app is only available in JP appstores
It's worth mentioning that while the game is intended to be played on mobile, there are ways to play it on your PC. Playing it on PC as your primary platform is strongly recommended as the mobile user experience is rather clunky.

This guide will completely help you through the progress of setting up an account.

[Useful Resources]

Unoffical English Wiki
Official Site
Official Twitter
reddit /r/granblue_en
Granblue Gaijins

Also join our Discord chat!

Last edited:

ZachiJP

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I missed out last week on going to McDonald's... Now I'll never get my sweet burger stone and SSR Ticket ;-;

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having DVD6 delivered to a proxy. I'll be glad when its over though. Shits expensive :(.

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Weird question, but does the music stop being like 15 second loops later on? I've only played a little bit of the story and I find the music loops absurdly irritating.

Jin

Oct 25, 2017
Weird question, but does the music stop being like 15 second loops later on? I've only played a little bit of the story and I find the music loops absurdly irritating.

There are longer music pieces later on yes ... nothing full length tho afaik

If anybody has actual numbers that would be appreciated because I only rarely play with music

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played in a long time but I'm glad to see usernames I recognize and that this community is still alive

Sometimes I feel nostalgic and think about returning to the game, but everytime I feel like I missed too much in terms of event/characters/farm

Nymph did nothing wrong

What happened to Nymph? D:;

Last edited:

Jin

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played in a long time but I'm glad to see usernames I recognize and that this community is still alive

Sometimes I feel nostalgic and think about returning to the game, but everytime I feel like I missed too much in terms of event/characters/farm

Not really tho .... still the same just a lot more to do and there currently is a bit of a lull for the people that kept at it

In other News:

r75qpxgis5uz.jpg

Time for some Yuel/Sochie and new trap cat action!

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
I'm still sad that Yuel is an SR. I'd be totally fine with them to dropping an SSR version the same day as the event like they've done for Dark Cag and Grea.

...In fact I could totally see that happening. Yuel and Olivia gacha incoming!

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
I'm fine with more event character skins. Also wasn't there a dark trial character leak with a different kit than Danua?

IIRC last year Lecia dropped around the beginning of November so I could see a new legfest exclusive character.