• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018

It just keep getting worse lol.

Top 50k going to be ahhhhhhhh (and it ends on a weekend? gona be nuts)

Stamp218.png

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Can't speak to individual honors, but the holiday yesterday in America led to my crew getting about 150 Million more honor than we usually get in prelims

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

Emergency Maintenence starting in 5 minutes. Seems like there were too many people playing GW this time

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And too many people autoing. Light is just perfect for full auto setups.

The increase in honors was still way bigger than anyone expected. I won't bother trying to get a high rank this time.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
EO5FQqeU0AAplgb

She also got fist proficency, which obviously opens up some more Hollowsky/Ultima synergy. I don't have an Ultima fist (will probably get it at the WMTSB3 re-run next month), but Christmas Magisa is also fist and also a monster. Neither of them really synergies with Ayer, and I don't have Dante (who will probably be my next normal Suptix). Christmas Naru is insane on her own and may just completely bypass the need for Ultima synergy

I'll probably experiement with her on my Caim Titan Katana team, not sure if she would replace Cain or S. Alex though. I still haven't put Xmas Naru in it either, so maybe i drop both of them and do Octo/Naru/Mahira?

Looking more closely at the kit, she probably boots out Cain. Her buff is better than Cain's, and is more likely to be 100% uptime (you have to Ougi once every 5ish turns) than Cain's, who I often have fall off a turn or 2 before he comes off cooldown. They also buffed her debuff sucsess rate- if it's to like 95%, it's a way better debuff than Cain's, as it almost caps Def down on it's own. Really, a lot of her value will come from the power of her 4th as a way to sustain- I believe this is the first time you can create Blue Potions, and that multi-turn immunity is powerful, but no one has really tested this yet.

Her level 95 skill is also a little confusing- "Supplamental damage based on drum beats (sure, makes sense), Gains Debuff Immunity at max (so, Veil every 3-4 turns?), consumes drum beats when used). Assuming this works like normal Veil, that is ALSO insane.

Regadless, thank you KMR for saving my favorite character. I was just expecting her buff to be full power regardless of drum beats, I wasn't expecting near 100% uptime, and for the nuke buff

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Two weeks till release day for Granblue Versus and not a peep from X-Seed about the western release date. What the heck are they even doing? I feel bad for anyone preordering from them right now.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Two weeks till release day for Granblue Versus and not a peep from X-Seed about the western release date. What the heck are they even doing? I feel bad for anyone preordering from them right now.
They are still saying today it's Q1 2020, with no date to announce, as recently as 2 hours ago. It's obviously not going to make the Japanese release date at this point, but hopefully it's only a 2-3 week delay

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Full auto'ing NM95 isn't too bad, when the game wasn't lagging like shit it was taking me 5 minutes to do.
That said, I think that FA is going to ruin this GW. Our crew is going to have a billion dropped on us in Round 1. ROUND 1! My goal was to 20 box this GW with the time constraints I was going to have, and with the double tokens starting tomorrow, i'm going to "accidentally" 40 box this GW or come damn close

Hopefully the changes coming next GW slow it down a bit

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
They should just turn off full auto for GW, just like they did with getting rupies from supporters.

I agree that this is a mess.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Full auto is the only thing that makes farming Extreme+ bearable. Just turn it off for Nightmare.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Full Auto is a blessing with how manageable farming become. But we also in turn get higher honor cutoff.

Don't think increasing the hp next GW going to affect FA that much. I agree that the only way to deal with it is if they decide to turn it off during the event.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
The other problem is the difference having and not having 5 Star Opus weapons are making this Unite and Fight, on top of the usual Magna Grids vs Primal Grid differences. Even looking up different teams on Youtube/Reddit/etc..., there's a big difference in time spent if you have a 5 star Light Opus weapon in your grid or don't.

With the addition of harder content lately (Proud+, Gilbert, etc...) and Rankings in events based on how many turns you spent in a fight/etc... vs "grinding" the same stages over and over, it would be great if Unite and Fight went with this format for crew vs crew battles as well. Example, having a Proud battle where crew members rank based time/turns taken vs another crew, and the crew with the fastest overall average time/turns spent wins.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
So do you get more tokens if you are in a competitive crew? I play solo and it seems like I only get about 25ish boxes if I grind nonstop every day.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
So do you get more tokens if you are in a competitive crew? I play solo and it seems like I only get about 25ish boxes if I grind nonstop every day.

A crew definitely helps to make things faster thanks to the boosts given by crew skills, which technically you can activate in a solo crew but they are expensive. A coordinated crew where people hosts and clear harder raids efficiently is another way I think it could help you get more tokens, the rest would be either a result of a harder grind or a more powerful grid and team. The main appeal of a competitive guild during GW are the valor badges, I think, but those expect a harder grind to begin with, so 40 boxing is like the bare minimum of expectations for some.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably my favorite GW since magna light can full auto even nm150. So I can literally do nothing and rack up honor lol

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Don't know how I feel with them rolling with the event story exclusive 5* uncap item with Zeta.

Really had hoped that Sandalphon was an one time thing.

This is probably my favorite GW since magna light can full auto even nm150. So I can literally do nothing and rack up honor lol

What team are you using? I don't think I have the units to last NM150 and Funf is useless in FA lol.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know how I feel with them rolling with the event story exclusive 5* uncap item with Zeta.

Really had hoped that Sandalphon was an one time thing.

What team are you using? I don't think I have the units to last NM150 and Funf is useless in FA lol.

This is what I'm using atm

nm150lightsetupd6jif.png

It has like a 80% success rate. Time it takes to kill is usually around 17 minutes. Very occasionally I'll get bad rng on debuffs and my party will wipe around 20% or something, but GW gives out free revive potions anyways so it's not really a big deal.

MH is still true xeno despite Jeanne's passive not working with it because the uplift is probably allowing everyone to ougi more, which keeps jeanne's buffs and HalMal's shield up more often, which makes stamina more sustainable. I tried the rotb spear instead and I had worse results.

I can see Doctor being a good class for the main character, but I don't have that unlocked. Also don't have G.Jeanne which I imagine she can shorten the time even more. ULB opus obviously would be a huge increase for damage.

Not the most efficient way you could farm, but it doesn't matter to me since it lets me be lazy lol. It's basically a way to get a lot out of my meat so I don't have to do that much ACTUAL farming during prelims. I basically farmed around 2600 meat during prelims and with that I've gotten 300m honor so far and still have 700 meat left to go for day 4

Last edited:

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

A competitive crew can help you by hosting lots of raids so you don't have to host them yourself, but otherwise it's not important for tokens if you can host the raids yourself. The most important thing is how quickly you can clear raids, particularly Extreme+. In a very competitive crew (Tier A), stronger players farm Extreme+ on Preliminary and Interlude days as much as possible to gather host materials, that way during the battle rounds they don't have to farm more host materials and only host Nightmare Raids. This is also true for players looking for individual rank rewards (50k and up in particular). Depending on how strong your team and grid are, you can get to 40+ boxes during these periods alone. This week you can find Granblue videos on YouTube showing Light Teams/Grids capable of taking down the Extreme+ raid in one turn using as few skills as possible. These battles last seconds, and allow players to clear lots of Extreme+ Raids for host materials and tokens.

I'm using Nighthound + the Xeno Light Gun with Zooey, Noa, and Lucio which creates a "dodging" team that works well. I don't like how long Nightmare 150 takes this team full auto solo though vs honors I get, so I've only been hosting them at strike time/joining in Nightmare 150 Raids my crew hosts, otherwise I just host 100.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Don't have Hal and Mal, but thanks. Might do something around Zoi...

Yeah, the crab gets kind of stompy near the end with its buff and damage (feels like it has an hidden def buff on top of everything as hp lowers) but you're success rate sounds good enough.

I'm using Nighthound + the Xeno Light Gun with Zooey, Noa, and Lucio which creates a "dodging" team that works well. I don't like how long Nightmare 150 takes this team full auto solo though vs honors I get, so I've only been hosting them at strike time/joining in Nightmare 150 Raids my crew hosts, otherwise I just host 100.
Also, this sounds pretty creative.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
someone clearing 25+ boxes. wow

even in my tier A crew I can get through 12 - 16.

I thought the most efficient way to get through wouldnt necessarily give you the most honors, wasnt it always extreme + and nm90 since 1turn Kills?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did 30 boxes for Tweyen. It was fast and painless with full auto. Can't believe i used to 40-box before these updates.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
someone clearing 25+ boxes. wow

even in my tier A crew I can get through 12 - 16.

I thought the most efficient way to get through wouldnt necessarily give you the most honors, wasnt it always extreme + and nm90 since 1turn Kills?
Yeah, assuming you can kill EX+ in 4-6 clicks, you probably can do 2-3 a minute which clears a box every 15-20 minutes if you are dedicated.

Oct 25, 2017
ouch.

I always try to stay up as long as possible or wake up as early as possible whenever Im close to the border. Today I fell 5K places but still managed to come by in 247Kth

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
well over 200% increase requirements for top 250K, and almost a 300% increase for 350K
Just...awful overall.
And, with the HP increase liking making EX+ and NM90 require more time/clicks, i think it's just going to add to misery, not necessarily the grind

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Light is just that good at full auto. Grid with tons of HP, lot of characters that can heal and keep you alive that work on full auto, F2P friendly, etc. I can't see other elements being as bloated.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Good work everyone, hope you get some rest.

Light GW was rough. Trick Room did over a billion on two rounds for the first time, FA has inflated things soooo much. Hope we get a decent break before Wind (?) GW.

bigzgod

Oct 27, 2017
Full Auto is a curse. They need to disable it for gw.

The only bright spot is that we got easy matchups, since crew honors were inflated across the board.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disabling it for GW is the wrong way to go. They need to reassess GW all together. Making it more miserable to do is clearly not the answer.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, despite honor being bloated as hell because of full auto, this GW still felt like the least grindy out of every GW I have done so far. GW needs to be reworked from the ground up if they're going to do anything.

bigzgod

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, despite honor being bloated as hell because of full auto, this GW still felt like the least grindy out of every GW I have done so far. GW needs to be reworked from the ground up if they're going to do anything.

How much grind there is though is heavily dependent on your availability to full auto.

If you have the capability to be near a phone/computer all the time during gw hours, sure, it's significantly easier and less grindy. But any dead time without availability to full auto is time that needs to be made up.

My crew matched up against a JP crew that historically has been 1 bil and slack in R1, for example. They casually full auto'd roughly 135 mil an hour over the entire round, with some increases towards the end for double strike.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard there are random SR and R only restrictions that can hit you in Arcarum. Does anyone bother building up teams for this or do you just bail from the expedition?

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard there are random SR and R only restrictions that can hit you in Arcarum. Does anyone bother building up teams for this or do you just bail from the expedition?
what? why would you bail?

You can kind of just build a team that relies on Gran/Djeeta using Decimate and any other damaging skill to make them your lead damager if you didnt want to make an SR/R team for each element.

Also chests can remove the SR/R restriction.