• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard there are random SR and R only restrictions that can hit you in Arcarum. Does anyone bother building up teams for this or do you just bail from the expedition?
It's annoying but you can get by on mostly your main character. Though if you are a newer player and dont have a decent grid, it's definitely a pain.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I've heard there are random SR and R only restrictions that can hit you in Arcarum. Does anyone bother building up teams for this or do you just bail from the expedition?
Due to how limited and time gated tickets are for Arcarum, you should never abandon it (also SR and R encounter shouldn't be too difficult)

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the answers. People on the subreddit were saying they just leave but that might have been jokes.

There are several pretty good R and SR units and there's enough team slots now that you can afford to have a pre-constructed R and SR team (they are handy for some quests as well). I went with a Dark team for each to minimise elemental weakness and because my dark grid was the best at the time. I'd suggest doing something similar.

Oct 25, 2017
Really the only thing to look out for as an R only Arcarum are the mimics, the ruby turtles, and other enemies that drop those fragments, and the enemies that have those Repels.

Of course if you cant be bothered just go Gran exclusive team.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Next GW so soon?! probably gonna take it easy this time 'cuz my wind team can't 1tko the ex+ boss and I don't have resources to 5* any eternal anyways, so better just get the last two weapons for the eternals I'm missing and get whatever else I can.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Windhose+Siete+Huanglong rerun... now with full-auto! I can't say I'm looking foward to it.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
It's cruel to do another GW less than a month later, especially now that we get 6-7 per year. I'll basically be sitting this one out- I don't have 5* eternals, I only have 1 Windhose, and I have a M2 grid with Harps- it's just not going to be possible for me to get to 21 million without a billion buttons

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is two windhoses the way to go? I have a second at 3* but I'd prefer to save the mats if there was a decent alternative

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Is two windhoses the way to go? I have a second at 3* but I'd prefer to save the mats if there was a decent alternative
It's more a case that the element doesn't really have other non-gacha/easy to get mainhands for a Cryosaur than Windhoses- the Xeno weapons don't work, the Magna option is the Grimnir Katana which provides a buff to Primal allies, Opus is a staff, Hollowsky doesn't exist in the element, etc. You either need a Gacha weapon (and the only Grand series weapon that fits is Monika, who is one of the newer characters so you are less likely to have her), an on-element Ultima weapon, or an on-element Wasserspeier CCW

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
It's more a case that the element doesn't really have other non-gacha/easy to get mainhands for a Cryosaur than Windhoses- the Xeno weapons don't work, the Magna option is the Grimnir Katana which provides a buff to Primal allies, Opus is a staff, Hollowsky doesn't exist in the element, etc. You either need a Gacha weapon (and the only Grand series weapon that fits is Monika, who is one of the newer characters so you are less likely to have her), an on-element Ultima weapon, or an on-element Wasserspeier CCW

Would the dagger from Tiamat Malice help a magna grid (not mainhand)? it has a boost to the charge attack damage boost which doesn't seems to be boosted by Zephyrus but it's a pain to grind for it.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Would the dagger from Tiamat Malice help a magna grid (not mainhand)? it has a boost to the charge attack damage boost which doesn't seems to be boosted by Zephyrus but it's a pain to grind for it.
The Tiamat Malice dagger is jsut a boost to Charge Attack Cap. If you aren't hitting cap it's not useful, especially since it offers you nothing at max HP.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
The Tiamat Malice dagger is jsut a boost to Charge Attack Cap. If you aren't hitting cap it's not useful, especially since it offers you nothing at max HP.

Well, that sucks. Then I'll stick to the original plan of slacking and hoping the changes for GW are for the better, besides the 1 million hp boost to ex+, lol.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
people still dont have 5* Seophon???

No. I just got his 44 swords this GW but I'm out of materials (those damned scales, rusty weapons, flawed prisms, GOLD BARS) so no Seophon for me, much less a 5* one in 3 weeks.

T7iIS1H.png

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
tbh, i'm shocked the Octo 5* percentage isn't higher... he's a completely useless character before 5* iMO. At least Anre has a button for 100% team cut before his 5*, and Fif does have a resurrection. Feower kind of doesn't matter anymore pre 5* (buff extension just isn't as valuable), but Gravity and Delay do have value....

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people might have him from back in the day when Earth had less options for ougi comps

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*cries in 4 stars Seofon while having 5 stars Feower that i didn't used for years now*

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Yo, Cygames. What the hell was that bonus episode? The moon be crazy man.

You would think everything fine now. Cassius gona get fixed and happy ending whateva. But now my boi missing his brain, oh my bahamut!

It at least made me really want the next part soon (going to be hard to wait a year).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, Cygames. What the hell was that bonus episode? The moon be crazy man.

You would think everything fine now. Cassius gona get fixed and happy ending whateva. But now my boi missing his brain, oh my bahamut!

It at least made me really want the next part soon (going to be hard to wait a year).
Boy Granblue can really get dark quick when you're not expecting it. This latest event was pretty lore heavy and substantial in terms of moving the plot forward. I like how they're starting to tie the events into the main story. You definitely need to be on the latest chapters to catch what they're throwing at you now.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep meaning to catch up on the lore but then when I sit down to do so it just feels like a chore. Also if I knew what was going on would I be able to pound that skip button quite as quickly? ;)

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Boy Granblue can really get dark quick when you're not expecting it. This latest event was pretty lore heavy and substantial in terms of moving the plot forward. I like how they're starting to tie the events into the main story. You definitely need to be on the latest chapters to catch what they're throwing at you now.
I probably should catch up with the story then. The way they release bit by bit is the reason why I try to save them all up and do them in one go from time to time.

Oct 25, 2017
Does the anime follow the game story closely? Might be a more palatable way to catch up
The main story has had like 2 separate arcs after where the anime is at now. It's really only just good for a basic plot outline at the moment. The 2nd season just ended right when Granblue finally started to add more meat to its story after being pretty much a standard loose gotcha plot for the game.

Oct 26, 2017
This event felt like an anniversary event, in terms of the stakes and how tense the situation was.

My fav part was when Cassius got in front of danchou and Lyria and took the spike attack. Then everyone went ham on the pillar in response, I really liked how even Eustace who is normally calm got angry as well.

That fucking third bonus episode though.

I read that Cassius was trending on JP twitter after the event came out.

bigzgod

Oct 27, 2017
tbh, i'm shocked the Octo 5* percentage isn't higher... he's a completely useless character before 5* iMO. At least Anre has a button for 100% team cut before his 5*, and Fif does have a resurrection. Feower kind of doesn't matter anymore pre 5* (buff extension just isn't as valuable), but Gravity and Delay do have value....

I want a refund for my Feower. If it weren't for the 10% bar from finishing the bingo, I definitely wouldn't have burned a bar on him or Anre.

Most of the Eternals are pretty bad at 4* anyway. The real crime is how many people have kept Esser at 4*. She turns from hot garbage into fire's best attacker.

Oct 25, 2017
Yea this event was really great and it makes me excited for whatever they have in store for the Eternal event that's coming soon.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Damn that event was really good. This had so many plot twists and little nods that tied into society events from years and years ago. And also lots of new mysteries to think about. I definitely felt cheated though that apparently to get all of the context for the event you apparently had to draw two limited seasonal SSR characters from the gacha.

Also I don't understand why Zeta Vaseraga and the others are like wanted criminals now

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
will english have all the gbf goodies? should i give up and preorder jp physical or something?
Both digital version seems to include the same stuff when compared to each other. I don't know much about the JP physical stuff.
This is what the English version is offering (they also mention the moblie game stuff is included as well if you care)

granblue-fantasy-versus-character-pass-features-1024x588.png

You might only want to buy the JP version because you want it earlier (since the English version is taking a while EDIT: XSeed could drop the dates any time now in the upcoming week *shrug*). Don't really know how the whole 'can you use psn plus from another country to play online' stuff so someone going to have chip in if they have any idea.

Last edited:

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I think I'm pretty fucked for wind GW. It's impossible to get blue chests in Grimnir Raids currently and I only have one Harp (at 0*). Not sure what to do

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I'll be able to get the Ring of Raphael upgraded before GW, 0 Huanglong anima and the raids are a pain to get into

bigzgod

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I'll be able to get the Ring of Raphael upgraded before GW, 0 Huanglong anima and the raids are a pain to get into

Use a raidfinder and have them set a sound alert. It'll beep whenever a HQ raid pops up. Just have the raid entry screen kept open in a tab and go!

Link

Damn, I think I'm pretty fucked for wind GW. It's impossible to get blue chests in Grimnir Raids currently and I only have one Harp (at 0*). Not sure what to do

Do daily hosts. For twitter raids, hit at strike. Test how much damage your AT setup does. Chry is probably your best there unless your fire is strong enough to make use of Alanaan (if you have him). Dual Arts, (maybe Aurum Flow), Attack, Move on.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Use a raidfinder and have them set a sound alert. It'll beep whenever a HQ raid pops up. Just have the raid entry screen kept open in a tab and go!

Been trying that, I usually pop in 99 raid currency and then see which runs out first, that currency or my will to leave when all I see is "Raid is full" ;)

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Grimnir blue chests are easy if you have Alannan. My grid isn't great, and I can often compete for MVP in 8-10 person co-op rooms. Just wait for strike time, press all 3 of his buttons, call The Sun, press attack, reload, call Shova support, attack again. If you catch a Shiva with the sun you are golden, if not you are still good. Plus, cause you are using normals and not Ougis, there is no action lockout

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
So, Yatima, do you guys think she'll be the character we saw the silhouette of in the Granblue Fantasy Re:Link trailer at the end of the year?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
No Andira makes this Gala an easy skip. I'll probably spark for V. Clarisse or V. Melissabella coming up.