• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Arcarum is also one thing that you can never catch up on. There's no way to regain lost tickets. So it is absolutely critical you do it.

If you don't do Arcarum, you will ALWAYS be behind someone who doesn't waste any of their arcarum tickets.
The WORST thing about Arcarum was when they added the Fast Skip option, before we knew how insane the material requirements were going to be for Evokers. I can't think of how many points/items I lost out on over those months because, hey, fast skip exists

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I still fast skip all the non boss stages. It's just too much time it would take otherwise. Most of the rare enemies spawn on the boss stages anyways so I don't mind getting slightly less stuff for way more time saved.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Check out this guide:

You will want to read about the units/etc... you will need for the element you chose to use as well as hitting the HP requirements.
I've been reading the guides and have teams ready to start it.

Probably should explain myself more, in which I was wondering how a solo only person like me should get started in joining/making rooms (I don't know if LuciHL is appealing enough to get people to join someone who doesn't yet have enough experience, compared to UBHL)

Last edited:

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been reading the guides and have teams ready to start it.

Probably should explain myself more, in which I was wondering how a solo only person like me should get started in joining/making rooms (I don't know if LuciHL is appealing enough to get people to join someone who doesn't yet have enough experience, compared to UBHL)
You may get people to join in coop rooms, specially if you say which labors you'll handle and which elements you need (in japanese, of course). But the actual success of the raid is not guaranteed at all. You may get carried to an easy win or get a game over in a couple minutes. What most people do is to host in crew or go to GBF Discord servers to organize runs. At least until they are familiar enough with the raid to host it with randoms.

bigzgod

Oct 27, 2017
You may get people to join in coop rooms, specially if you say which labors you'll handle and which elements you need (in japanese, of course). But the actual success of the raid is not guaranteed at all. You may get carried to an easy win or get a game over in a couple minutes. What most people do is to host in crew or go to GBF Discord servers to organize runs. At least until they are familiar enough with the raid to host it with randoms.

Pub coop rooms are basically pray for a dark or earth carry that can mash without lanx and that the fire/wind player (if not Zeph) don't fuck up. Especially that Yurius doesn't die early.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Seems like it, thanks.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here order Valentines the last few years? Thinking about ordering some for the first time. What forwarding service did you use, and it doesn't matter what virtual item you send, you get the same thing back, right?

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here order Valentines the last few years? Thinking about ordering some for the first time. What forwarding service did you use, and it doesn't matter what virtual item you send, you get the same thing back, right?
I did. I used a new service called Blackship. But the better known Tenso, works too.
It doesn't matter what you send, so do the cheapest version of chocolate I guess. Granblue EN has a good guide on their twitter.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I did. I used a new service called Blackship. But the better known Tenso, works too.
It doesn't matter what you send, so do the cheapest version of chocolate I guess. Granblue EN has a good guide on their twitter.
If you buy, say, 20 items (i would be doing this with my crew), do they ship 20 packages, or does everything come in one package?

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
If you buy, say, 20 items (i would be doing this with my crew), do they ship 20 packages, or does everything come in one package?
I am pretty sure Tenso combines all the envelopes together, Blackship does too. I think Tenso had a extra fee to put multiple items together.
I forgot if Cygames ships them all together. I can look that up. But yeah I received one big box from Blackship that had everything. I think from Cystore, it was 730 yen or so, for every card? Chocolate+shipping/print.

rvc

Oct 28, 2017
A guy from twitter is saying the HK version of Versus has eng voices and texts. If it's true, then the 1 month delay for NA doesn't really make sense.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
if we get GBV from the HK PSN store, would they send the code for the GBF rewards to your email, display it in the PSN shop after you buy the game or is it just for those who got the physical game.

Kaze

Oct 28, 2017
if we get GBV from the HK PSN store, would they send the code for the GBF rewards to your email, display it in the PSN shop after you buy the game or is it just for those who got the physical game.
You get the code for the bonus reward in game, so I don't think there's any psn code to redeem if you bought it digitally. You just have to play on your HK account .

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
A guy from twitter is saying the HK version of Versus has eng voices and texts. If it's true, then the 1 month delay for NA doesn't really make sense.

It can be difficult to get manufacturing/ratings/store arrangements lined up just right. The delay was probably always due to those rather than localization. The same for Europe maybe having an even later date because they have multiple ratings boards to go through and might have EFIGS as language options based on a tweet from Marvelous.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Thanks Kaze.

Anyway finished the Spaghetti Syndrome event. I Really like Grace, I just wish her backstory wasn't locked behind Yoda's new version. I will probably just read the wiki sometime later.

Poor brainless Cassius, I bet the next time we see him he'll get a shiny new SSR version. I wonder if Grace helped Isaac with that food because she cares for him or is using him, probably a bit of both I bet.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Thanks Kaze.

Anyway finished the Spaghetti Syndrome event. I Really like Grace, I just wish her backstory wasn't locked behind Yoda's new version. I will probably just read the wiki sometime later.

Poor brainless Cassius, I bet the next time we see him he'll get a shiny new SSR version. I wonder if Grace helped Isaac with that food because she cares for him or is using him, probably a bit of both I bet.
Did you know there were some also locked behind H.Zeta+Vas fate as well? lol

She a very interesting character, Chaotic neutral? I don't know but can't wait to see more from her and the little present she left Isaac.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Did you know there were some also locked behind H.Zeta+Vas fate as well? lol

Sadly I've been told, I'm a bit more forgiving of that than having her backstory hidden behind Yoda's fate but its still pretty bad. Lets introduce a brand new major character in a limited seasonal gacha unit, brilliant idea.

Edit: As you can tell I'm a bit salty since I ended up liking her.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Would be nice if

She wasn't just another sword user and they incorporate some of the cosmos weapon into her move list.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom

Do we know what you get in GBF for buying GBF Vs?
image.png

You get to pick one of these.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info. Hadnt logged in today so got the big ole advertisement when I did. They are certainly going all out with the bonuses. Presumably the season pass counts for each DLC purchase. I figure the Evolite is the one to go for? It seems significantly harder to get than the other three

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Very unfortunate that the Japanese version doesn't have voice/language options when others releasing the same day include them.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Thanks for the info. Hadnt logged in today so got the big ole advertisement when I did. They are certainly going all out with the bonuses. Presumably the season pass counts for each DLC purchase. I figure the Evolite is the one to go for? It seems significantly harder to get than the other three
I say Evolite is 50/50, yeah it difficult to get but it depends on your Evoker needs. Still a pretty great choice and probably most popular one?

Would rank Sunlight stone > Gold Brick > Damascus Crystals. Sunlight stone being the most important seeing there so many Summons and mostly being restricted to only one per GW compared to Gold Brick (even though its pretty low drops in UBHL, I find myself still getting them at a nice rate).

Very unfortunate that the Japanese version doesn't have voice/language options when others releasing the same day include them.

Has there been JP games which also included other language options?

Always felt it was more of an Asia region thing. Don't know why though.

Last edited:

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
was hoping they'd use that characters other design but i love her either way

I'm ready for the curveball when Zooey's entire gimmick is casting conjunction and then getting bopped by Death to tag in Nier, the actual character

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been JP games which also included other language options?

Always felt it was more of an Asia region thing. Don't know why though.

The Asia region includes places such as Hong Kong and Singapore in which there are a large number of English speakers for whom being able to play a game in English is a plus. English options in Asia releases are primarily aimed at them, not Western importers.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
The Asia region includes places such as Hong Kong and Singapore in which there are a large number of English speakers for whom being able to play a game in English is a plus. English options in Asia releases are primarily aimed at them, not Western importers.
Thanks for the insight

Also, don't know how to feel about Belial handing out crystals...

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
TUwvzU7.png

english voice cast for a good chunk of the cast for those curious, lot of reprises from the anime and shadowverse, it looks like

no word on characters like Belial or Chaos Bringer yet, so stay tuned

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Cleared the new Proud and Proud+. Much easier than Gilbert IMO since there's no "punishment" for using skills and the boss doesn't become unmanageable by giving itself a ridiculous amount of buffs and doing stronger moves if it has too many buffs/not enough debuffs. There's also no "instant death" moves/attacks like Gilbert, but you have to be aware of it casting Stoned and Zombified on the whole party so you will need veil and clarity sources (ex: Lily, Katalina). And the boss has charge diamonds so delay and gravity works here (Drang, Feower, etc...). There's probably way more ways to clear both Proud and Proud+ than Gilbert in terms of characters/skill options.

The only "trick" this boss has is when you use summons. The boss changes the second unremovable buff to a different version (Attack, Defense, Special) on the same turn if you use a summon vs a set number of turns, and gets rid of one debuff on the same turn. The different forms cause it to do different style attacks/gives itself different buffs (Attack buffs, defense buffs, etc...). So you may want to manage this in terms of not summoning into a form you don't want too quickly or forcing it to move to a different form. Regardless nothing as bad as Gilbert's "restrictions" on certain skills.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Cleared the new Proud and Proud+. Much easier than Gilbert IMO since there's no "punishment" for using skills and the boss doesn't become unmanageable by giving itself a ridiculous amount of buffs and doing stronger moves if it has too many buffs/not enough debuffs. There's also no "instant death" moves/attacks like Gilbert, but you have to be aware of it casting Stoned and Zombified on the whole party so you will need veil and clarity sources (ex: Lily, Katalina). And the boss has charge diamonds so delay and gravity works here (Drang, Feower, etc...). There's probably way more ways to clear both Proud and Proud+ than Gilbert in terms of characters/skill options.

The only "trick" this boss has is when you use summons. The boss changes the second unremovable buff to a different version (Attack, Defense, Special) on the same turn if you use a summon vs a set number of turns, and gets rid of one debuff on the same turn. The different forms cause it to do different style attacks/gives itself different buffs (Attack buffs, defense buffs, etc...). So you may want to manage this in terms of not summoning into a form you don't want too quickly or forcing it to move to a different form. Regardless nothing as bad as Gilbert's "restrictions" on certain skills.

Proud + seems more doable compared to Gilbert, even though I'm still trying to clear it.

I really hate the random as FK skill cd reset. It keeps ruining so many of my runs when I reach around 25%, ahhhh.....

EDIT: May I ask in your opinion which mode is the best to stay in to DPS during the last 25%?

I see people mention the Red Face mode but how when it starts hitting you like a truck every turn?

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna wait for more people/more info and guide stuff before tackling Proud+. I beat Proud without ever using a single Summon because I didn't understand how the boss mechanics worked- I saw "transforms when a summon used" and thought "That would be bad, lets never do that", and didn't realize those stance changes were the transformations

I used Lily/Drang/Kat with Sage MH a Blue Sphere cause I don't have FLB Opus. You heal a billion each turn, so it's not too hard.