• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Proud + seems more doable compared to Gilbert, even though I'm still trying to clear it.

I really hate the random as FK skill cd reset. It keeps ruining so many of my runs when I reach around 25%, ahhhh.....

EDIT: May I ask in your opinion which mode is the best to stay in to DPS during the last 25%?

I see people mention the Red Face mode but how when it starts hitting you like a truck every turn?

I'd say Attack mode too in terms of DPS. Special Mode is the most "dangerous" mode IMO and Defense Mode drops your damage output fast after 25%. You probably want to manage your damage cuts/delays around Attack mode (ex: send the boss into Attack mode with your summons once your Damage cut skills are ready/exit once you know you are going to be out of damage cuts).

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
So if I bought the HK version of VS and the English version of VS later then would I be able to redeem both item codes?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So if I bought the HK version of VS and the English version of VS later then would I be able to redeem both item codes?

Probably not. I think there was some message about the codes only working once per account so it'd be the same across regions. And for the RPG mode codes, you need to beat it on the account that purchased the game to get the codes.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not. I think there was some message about the codes only working once per account so it'd be the same across regions. And for the RPG mode codes, you need to beat it on the account that purchased the game to get the codes.
Interesting. I might just wait then.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy. They got Xeno Weapons running now and GW coming up.

I am already burned out from grinding out the society event.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only bothering with the daily maniacs for the Xenos. Admittedly I already have the weapons so its low priority for me.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Apparently people are thirsty af for Valentine Grimnir lol.

I know it meant to be for female characters only but would be interesting if they released another Grimnir during Wind GW like last time.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be mildly annoyed if they FINALLY give use male fans a Valentines/White Day character, and it ends up being one of my favorite characters when I don't have a spark ready

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked Evoker 4 (Estarriola) last night using the Evolite from Granblue Versus. My next closest is Geisenborger (I got Sun to SSR for last GW), but man, this grind sucks. If we are talking from Zero, Lobelia might be my next one (I have all the Ideans and about 150 earth Astra left over), but just looking at my materials and thinking of any other characters.... man, it just seems tough

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the new magna weapons in versus are actually a tease for magna 3, and if the skills will be the same. Light straight up has a better chev sword so I'm not sure if they'd do that lol

Last edited:

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Did they increased the drop rates for Xeno weapons or I'm just suffering from succes over here? So I already have all the xeno weapons fully uncapped, and all that, but I've been grinding this Xeno showdown event a bit since I'm hurting real bad for earth and water quartz but instead of getting the summons to reduce I've been getting drops of the weapons. As of now I've got one summon for every xeno weapon drop, so 3 of each, lol.

Worst part, I'm getting the harps, so no double xeno sword for me.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
1) either the stats/skills are placeholder
or
2) it's 1-per-grid like RQ/Akasha/Lucilius/etc.
(or both)

I can see the argument where even though they're comparable to a better Chev sword/Alex katana, they lack any stamina/sentence/etc. but the implications of basic bread-and-butter Magna options overtaking Primal is too hard to ignore w/ all the ripple effects that'd also necessitate (Better Normal weapons, people getting mad all over again that their whale grids are getting crept, etc)

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Did they increased the drop rates for Xeno weapons or I'm just suffering from succes over here? So I already have all the xeno weapons fully uncapped, and all that, but I've been grinding this Xeno showdown event a bit since I'm hurting real bad for earth and water quartz but instead of getting the summons to reduce I've been getting drops of the weapons. As of now I've got one summon for every xeno weapon drop, so 3 of each, lol.

Worst part, I'm getting the harps, so no double xeno sword for me.
Last time Ifrit came, I spent about 100 half pots on him trying to get a single Katana to drop, so I could finish a second Katana. I ended up getting 3 axes instead....

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing this yesterday and I'm having a fun time. Any advice for someone just starting? I'm kinda just floating around the menus and building my team/equipment based on the auto-pick feature.

p55gt67_d.jpg

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Feather is an awesome character when you're starting out keep leveling him up. For the very very beginning auto select is fine.

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing this yesterday and I'm having a fun time. Any advice for someone just starting? I'm kinda just floating around the menus and building my team/equipment based on the auto-pick feature.

p55gt67_d.jpg
getting characters I had to surprise ticket, you're so lucky.

you will want to get as far as you can to get access to all the omega raids, then stop any and all progress in the story, and make basic grids for each and every single element at the point.

Join any and all raids you see for the event, quick way to get ssr weapons and summons and crystals.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the new magna weapons in versus are actually a tease for magna 3, and if the skills will be the same. Light straight up has a better chev sword so I'm not sure if they'd do that lol

Don't think it's going to be a straight up copy of the skills. I wonder which raid it will pop up in though, 6 dragons? But all those new weapons are themed specifically for their particular boss fights (Ygg, Colo, Baha, etc.).

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
When and if you can, should try do side stories (Home > Game play Extras).

A lot of amazing free characters and filler weapons that could help you out early, like Code Geass or Priconne.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Are V.Clarisse and V.Mellissabelle going to be rerun with the upcoming banner or is it just going to be new characters?

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
What do I do about all those crappy weapons that are piling up? Is there even a point to leveling them up? I already have 150/300 of them.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Good Valentine's sequences from my usual few. Seems alot of people are having trouble with their chocolates from the rest though. Weird theme.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

p55gt67_d.jpg
I played the game for 6 months before knowing what I was doing, don't worry about feeling confused!
While they have made the auto a little bit better recently, It's still kind of crap.
Jump into side stories, as there are a ton of characters and summons in them, and you get an SSR weapon (many of them EX weapons). The Love Live and Princess Connect ones contain the most valuable characters for you at this point in the game, and if you don't give a shit about idols, you can just skip through the stories.

You want to get to a point where you are able to make parties consisting of all the same element, with each weapon in your grid being that same element, with a main summon of that element. Feel free to join any raid that shows up when you go to the raid screen with your EP- before you are rank 100, there are no raids you can accidentally join and "ruin" by not contributing, as they can drop weapons you will need.

Final tidbits....

• Never draw unless it is Premium Gala or Flash Gala, when SSR rates are doubled to 6%. Generally, there is one in the middle of the month, and one at the end of the month- we are getting a Gala in a couple of hours
  • Until you are at a point in the game when you actually know, don't reduce any summons/weapons, and don't use SSR weapons or summons for leveling purposes. All Rare Weapons and summons can be used as leveling fodder, though
  • Bookmark gbf.wiki, you will use it a lot
  • There is usually an event of some sort going on- not all of them are going to be things you can really do (like the Xeno events that just ended). All story ones, like the one running right now, are designed to be played by anyone thoug

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Sparked V.Clarisse. Also got:
V.Grim
V.Scath
V.Medusa
My first copy of Titan
Gold Moons

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. I can scrounge up around 260 draws and somehow need to get 40 more within the next few days lol

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Copy and pasting my post from Versus but.

If any of you want to start the browser game. Now's the perfect time to do so, a great banner is up right now (if you want to use money you can pick a special unit from this banner later on ... so it's future proofing your account). And we're getting a ton of free draws in a month.

Last edited:

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
They actually went for it lmao, so this the first time they had a male Valentine's character?

Well, good luck for anyone sparking him I guess (his skill's are hilarious to read).

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Did 130 rolls;

V.Scath/V.Grim/V.Melisabelle(x2) Hades/Morrigna/Vagabond and another gold moon.

Was not supposed to roll this banner but oh well, time to save up again and break yet another spark attempt when they do the March summer unit.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I played the game for 6 months before knowing what I was doing, don't worry about feeling confused!
While they have made the auto a little bit better recently, It's still kind of crap.
Jump into side stories, as there are a ton of characters and summons in them, and you get an SSR weapon (many of them EX weapons). The Love Live and Princess Connect ones contain the most valuable characters for you at this point in the game, and if you don't give a shit about idols, you can just skip through the stories.

You want to get to a point where you are able to make parties consisting of all the same element, with each weapon in your grid being that same element, with a main summon of that element. Feel free to join any raid that shows up when you go to the raid screen with your EP- before you are rank 100, there are no raids you can accidentally join and "ruin" by not contributing, as they can drop weapons you will need.

Final tidbits....

• Never draw unless it is Premium Gala or Flash Gala, when SSR rates are doubled to 6%. Generally, there is one in the middle of the month, and one at the end of the month- we are getting a Gala in a couple of hours
  • Until you are at a point in the game when you actually know, don't reduce any summons/weapons, and don't use SSR weapons or summons for leveling purposes. All Rare Weapons and summons can be used as leveling fodder, though
  • Bookmark gbf.wiki, you will use it a lot
  • There is usually an event of some sort going on- not all of them are going to be things you can really do (like the Xeno events that just ended). All story ones, like the one running right now, are designed to be played by anyone thoug

Thank you! That's all super helpful. So I should join any Raid I see? And it seems like a Valentine's Event is going on now, should I not draw for it because it's not a Premium/Flash Gala event at the moment?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! That's all super helpful. So I should join any Raid I see? And it seems like a Valentine's Event is going on now, should I not draw for it because it's not a Premium/Flash Gala event at the moment?
This is actually a flash gala. It has limited Valentine's character so definitely roll on this banner.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
It IS Flash Gala right now! Feel free to draw! A lot of prone playing for a while save sparks- if you do 300 draws on a single banner, you can select any featured item you want, but for new players it's better to just draw.
don'tuse Crystals got single draws though- save them for 10 draws

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

It's such a good banner that I would consider rerolling if you were thinking about spending money on the game.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a good banner that I would consider rerolling if you were thinking about spending money on the game.
To put some context to this- when you create an account, it gives you the option to buy a Beginners Set (Start Dash), That lets you select any character in the draw Pool from the day you created your account. If you don't buy it, the game will periodically offer it to you forever till you buy it. An account created today would have all of these Valentines characters as options, even if you don'tbuy the Start Dash till October.
If you have put in an hour or so into the game, and aren't really married to any of the characters you have drawn so far, I'd consider starting over just to have these characters in your draw Pool.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
To put some context to this- when you create an account, it gives you the option to buy a Beginners Set (Start Dash), That lets you select any character in the draw Pool from the day you created your account. If you don't buy it, the game will periodically offer it to you forever till you buy it. An account created today would have all of these Valentines characters as options, even if you don'tbuy the Start Dash till October.
If you have put in an hour or so into the game, and aren't really married to any of the characters you have drawn so far, I'd consider starting over just to have these characters in your draw Pool.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. I think I'm good for now. I tell myself when I play these games that I'm not going to re roll or anything because I don't want to get too invested. Maybe I'll buy some stuff down the line but I like to keep it simple and have fun.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
I have access to the Beginner ticket again, and Flash + Christmas characters are available to me. Interested in Europa and a bit in Christmas Metera, should I go for it and buy it?
Still earlyish into the game, but I'm beginning to grind for omega weapons.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Christmas Narmaya is the best of the Christmas characters. If I was going to buy one I'd get her. (I will in fact be using my anniversary ticket on her)

Oct 25, 2017
I have access to the Beginner ticket again, and Flash + Christmas characters are available to me. Interested in Europa and a bit in Christmas Metera, should I go for it and buy it?
buy it and get SR Summer Ayer or SR Summer Elmott. They're some of the best units and in several aspects considered core, meaning, vital for players nearing the end game and concerned with high level play.

Last edited:

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Christmas Narmaya is the best of the Christmas characters. If I was going to buy one I'd get her. (I will in fact be using my anniversary ticket on her)
Actually rerolled to get Christmas Narumaya and got Meteon and Magisa later on. Metera is the only other one I think I'd like left.

I have

buy it and get SR Summer Ayer or SR Summer Elmott. They're some of the best units and in several aspects considered core, meaning, vital for players nearing the end game and concerned with high level play.
lol. I like Ayer's design at least.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. I think I'm good for now. I tell myself when I play these games that I'm not going to re roll or anything because I don't want to get too invested. Maybe I'll buy some stuff down the line but I like to keep it simple and have fun.
No worries- the game does a decent job of preventing re-rolling by having the first Gacha be wieghted to only provide one of 6 possible SSR, each of approxomite power level (you got De La Fille from that). If you feel like spending money later, you will still have plenty to chose from, but it will be from the Surprise Ticket Pool, not the seasonal/limited pool.

If you are the world's biggest Metera Fan, go ahead and ticket her, but she's not the best Light Unit in your draw pool (Lucio Is). Europa is probably the best Water unit you can get with your ticket, and her powerful nuke/healing/defense combo is going to be really helpful for you in the early game.

lol. I like Ayer's design at least.

Don't be mean to Ayer, he has a lot going in in his head, OK?

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
I say if you like the character go for it. Even if they're weak now, who knows maybe they'll re balance it later anyways.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Valentine's characters are going to be ticketable next year, right? I'm saving my pulls for anniversary but would still like to get my husbando dapper suit Grimnir at some point.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
If you really wanna reroll big, make a good amount of accounts for when they start roulette next month. You'll get 10 rolls guaranteed (up t0 100), every day, for like 3 weeks. It takes some effort but its a lot of fun to get this many rolls for free. If you make the accounts now, you will still be in that valentines beginner ticket pool.

It's not for everyone, but worth considering. I've seen multiple sparks worth of roulette results on some accounts.