• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Triggers are working as intended lol. Also wind magna is not really as facetank-worthy as light magna.

That 50% self clear plus 7 turn stone is a real kick in the teeth

It is the most annoying thing this GW so far. My debuffs come off cool down just right before the 50 trigger, so on full auto there's a massive damage dropoff for 5 turns. If not for that, my FA clear times could probably shave off a minute.

NM100/150 with its higher HP pool will likely change that, but then the survivability of my wind team will be put to the real test.

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
Triggers are working as intended lol. Also wind magna is not really as facetank-worthy as light magna.

It is the most annoying thing this GW so far. My debuffs come off cool down just right before the 50 trigger, so on full auto there's a massive damage dropoff for 5 turns. If not for that, my FA clear times could probably shave off a minute.

NM100/150 with its higher HP pool will likely change that, but then the survivability of my wind team will be put to the real test.

I'm operating under the assumption it'll be nearly impossible to FA NM100. The damage increase alone would be enough to kill it for me. As is I'm finishing each run at about 5K health.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Dang

EDIT: What's your grid actually? Bigkrev
XkYqlOS.png
ciAFrbA.png

Warlock (Chaser/Haze/Gravity), Grimnir, Andira, Tiamat , Estarrola and Sevastian backline

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
XkYqlOS.png
ciAFrbA.png

Warlock (Chaser/Haze/Gravity), Grimnir, Andira, Tiamat , Estarrola and Sevastian backline

You have almost a carbon copy of my grid. Only differences are I'm using Hollowsky Staff instead of Naka and RoTB Harp instead of Windhose. You can swap out the Sepharic for another weapon since you are running Tiamat (assuming she's level 95 at least). I do have SR judgement and Raph for summons along with Grimnir and Belial.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
Should I focus on getting as many SSR weapons in my grid as early as possible and level them up as much as I can? Even if they are duplicates? Then figure out the strategy later?

I've gotten the SSR Dagger from the current Unite and Fight thing at level 100 with skill rank 6 at the moment, but the rest of my SSR weapons are maxed at level 40 currently and haven't been uncapped.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Should I focus on getting as many SSR weapons in my grid as early as possible and level them up as much as I can? Even if they are duplicates? Then figure out the strategy later?

I've gotten the SSR Dagger from the current Unite and Fight thing at level 100 with skill rank 6 at the moment, but the rest of my SSR weapons are maxed at level 40 currently and haven't been uncapped.
Generally, 2 lvl 40 weapons each at skill level 10 are going to be better in your grid than 1 lvl 60-100 version of that weapon, also at skill level 10.

Also, there are 3 main types of skills on weapons early in the game- Magna/Omega (it will have a little omega symbol on its skill orb, it's all the weapons that drop from Tiamat/Colossus/etc), EX (these are generally unique names, and will have a little EX symbol on the weapon skill-these come from events and side stories), and Normal (a orb with no symbols in it). You probably have seen on the friend summon selection, while there are things like "100% bonus to Earth Attack", there are also going to be things like "140% to Aeoulus Skills" or "120% to Fire, Hellfire and Inferno skills"- those are boosts to the specific skills on those weapons.

There is a complicated Damage formula for Granblue that factors in a bunch of other stuff you don't need to know right now, but understand that the more weapon skills on element in your grid is going to mean a lot more for your preformance. Generally, you should be prioritizing weapons that have skills with Attack up

The Dagger you got from GW is a normal skill for light, but the weapons from Unite and Fight are unique in that, through the in-game shop, you can preform a series of upgrades on these weapons that allow you to change the element of the weapon (ie, make it Water or Fire, etc). With the dagger, if you keep upgrading it, eventually a cute catboy pops out of it, too!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In very broad terms you could consider your basic grid building to go like this:

1. Get enough weapons to fill a grid
2. Get enough weapons of the same element to fill a grid
3. Get enough SSR weapons of the same element to fill a grid
4. Get specific SSR weapons of the same element
5. Get specific SSR weapons for unique grids

Weapon skills often interact with your summons Aura's. The Aura's that apply to your weapon grid are your main summons aura and your friend summons aura. So when people take about a "Magna grid" they are talking about getting lots of weapons with a Magna skill and then using the appropriate Magna summon to boost that skill. Oh and officially Magna is Omega in English.

The six main primal beasts are the Omega/Magna summons and you will end up farming them quite a bit. Once you have a basic grid made from weapons that drop from them you can start working towards "Magna 2" which is a set of better weapons that drop from harder raids.

There are certain exceptions to this but focusing on Steps 1-3 at the beginning should be fine. The wiki can be a little overwhelming at the outset but basically you should be working towards taking on these raids - https://gbf.wiki/Omega_Raids

Feel free to fire my a friend invite in game 7517901, you should be able to get a bit of mileage out of my friend summons.

Edit: I see we're back to free daily singles. I honestly hate them. Cant remember the last time I got anything other than blue on them.

Oct 25, 2017

Just tap as many omega raids as you can. Quickest way to get weapons even if you do one measly honor.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
Generally, 2 lvl 40 weapons each at skill level 10 are going to be better in your grid than 1 lvl 60-100 version of that weapon, also at skill level 10.

Also, there are 3 main types of skills on weapons early in the game- Magna/Omega (it will have a little omega symbol on its skill orb, it's all the weapons that drop from Tiamat/Colossus/etc), EX (these are generally unique names, and will have a little EX symbol on the weapon skill-these come from events and side stories), and Normal (a orb with no symbols in it). You probably have seen on the friend summon selection, while there are things like "100% bonus to Earth Attack", there are also going to be things like "140% to Aeoulus Skills" or "120% to Fire, Hellfire and Inferno skills"- those are boosts to the specific skills on those weapons.

There is a complicated Damage formula for Granblue that factors in a bunch of other stuff you don't need to know right now, but understand that the more weapon skills on element in your grid is going to mean a lot more for your preformance. Generally, you should be prioritizing weapons that have skills with Attack up

The Dagger you got from GW is a normal skill for light, but the weapons from Unite and Fight are unique in that, through the in-game shop, you can preform a series of upgrades on these weapons that allow you to change the element of the weapon (ie, make it Water or Fire, etc). With the dagger, if you keep upgrading it, eventually a cute catboy pops out of it, too!

Thanks for the help! To be honest, the only reason I chose the dagger is because of the cute cat boy.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I see people mentioning replacing the seraphic weapon when you have Tiamat on your team. Does Tiamat's passive effect the whole team or just her?

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Before level 95 Tiamat only gives a damage boost to herself, after lvl95 she gives the boost to the whole team as long as she's in the Frontline.

Oct 25, 2017
So I just made it to arcanum extreme mode and my team is still one shotting everything. This mode is so boring in any case I have enough points to grab Monika is she actually worth it? I don't really plan on grabbing her yet just wondering ATM.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
buff quattre, song and cake please.
This came up in a crew discord discussion about how fucked Dirt is right now, with all of it's good characters being seasonal or limiteds- every other element has at least a few characters that are ticketable that are "core" in the element- your Athena, Lily, Kolulu, Yurius, Gun Zooey, etc- while Earth has fucking nothing outside of Waifu/Husbando bait- it's just pure attackers like Hallie, Sigfried and Dante, all of whom are outclassed by limiteds like Xmas Naru. It's also that there Eternals are kind of Limited- Octo is a pure Ougi damage machine, but that's his one trick (he's REALLY good at it though)- and he is beyond fucking useless pre-5*. Sarasa? She's good for killing slime mobs, and that's basically it. If you 5* her, you can use her to clear the Luci trial, but again, that's really the only use for her uncapped that she couldn't do without the 4*

Feower is sort of at a weird point in the current meta- his primary use, extending buffs, doesn't really have a place in water anymore, Dagger doesn't really exist as an ultima in the element, and while he brings a bunch of things to the table- Slow and a nice team DATA up on Ougi, Gravity and Dispel on a nuke with his 2, and a wide variety of debuffs on his one, it's all kind of unfocused and unneccesary. He's not a bad character, but there are very few situations where he's the best character for the slot.

So I just made it to arcanum extreme mode and my team is still one shotting everything. This mode is so boring in any case I have enough points to grab Monika is she actually worth it? I don't really plan on grabbing her yet just wondering ATM.

If you don't need her for a specific team, it's fine to leave her- I haven't really used her since I got her, but she's not a bad unit. If nothing else, she is 50 crystals for clearing her fate episode, so at some point she should be accquired. That said, if you are working towards evokers, ever single Arcapoint counts, so waiting might be best

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
270 million honors, and I fucking hated it. This is the first time I will end up 40 boxing, too (I think with Final Rally Tokens, i'll be at 43 boxes and change). The event was torturous at the start, where as someone without 2 Windhose or 5* Siete, i was doing minimum 5 skills to kill EX+, but as the event went on, it became easier, as my "normal" team was able to Full-Auto NM95 pretty easily off-strike time (weirdly, it was way more risky in Strike time, as the Stone trigger would happen faster than one of my veils coming off cooldown), and I was able to contribute pretty heavily to NM 150, to the point where I could solo it in full control (but it wasn't time effective).

Hope that we get at minimum 2 months till the next GW- if they announce one for any time in March, i'm just going to sit it out.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Six event will probably be run during all of march and we are in a need of a celestial/rob rerun.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
If last year is anything to go by, they won't have another Unite and Fight until April.

Oct 25, 2017
glad wind is over. i usually just soloed ex+ and nm90 then did nm150 raids with crew. capped myself at 20 to 30 mln honors a day.

cant believe we did a 2bln day wow.

dont know how people do 200mln in a day.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad, I'm not high enough leveled yet to start worrying about honors or anything just yet for Granblue. GW is a chore, but at the least I managed got a good base grid for my Wind team and got all my skill levels maxed out.

Now I'm moving onto my dark team next.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I'm glad this is over
7QsgDcl.png

T7iIS1H.png

Glad, I'm not high enough leveled yet to start worrying about honors or anything just yet for Granblue. GW is a chore, but at the least I managed got a good base grid for my Wind team and got all my skill levels maxed out.

Now I'm moving onto my dark team next.

Don't forget to buy all the claws you can with pendants. Celeste never wants to drop them.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this is over
7QsgDcl.png

T7iIS1H.png

Don't forget to buy all the claws you can with pendants. Celeste never wants to drop them.

Oof. My team also got crushed in 3 matches. Tbf we aren't a hardcore crew or anything and people started skipping out when magnafest started and I can't really blame them for wanting to focus on more fun content.

Asian Oni

Oct 27, 2017
Failed to get into top 70k once again but I had less free time and an even more terrible team comp to work with. Got 3 wins though which is pretty nice.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Can you take the anniversary weapon shards for characters you've already unlocked? I'm thinking about doing that for Okto so I can keep My Eight Life Katana for Earth Kengo

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
So I am one hanged man idean away from getting my second evoker. Going to get Caim and do a highlander Titan grid because I still have exactly zero M2 earth weapons worth using after all this time.

I also just got 450 valor badges even after buying a sunlight stone this GW (thank you trick room carries all of the slackers are extremely lucky that you turned the chill crew into a sunlight stone factory).

Im thinking I keep going and get another 50 badges and buy an evolite. I still have plenty of nuggets and bricks to trade for, and I'm not even interested in 5* any externals.

Oct 25, 2017
So I am one hanged man idean away from getting my second evoker. Going to get Caim and do a highlander Titan grid because I still have exactly zero M2 earth weapons worth using after all this time.

I also just got 450 valor badges even after buying a sunlight stone this GW (thank you trick room carries all of the slackers are extremely lucky that you turned the chill crew into a sunlight stone factory).

Im thinking I keep going and get another 50 badges and buy an evolite. I still have plenty of nuggets and bricks to trade for, and I'm not even interested in 5* any externals.
get the evolite, only go for eternals if you want the cool skin