• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt realise the draws didnt reset until tomorrow. Though I have all the boosted units on the new banner anyhow. Though with the standard rates it hardly maters ;)

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
3k Crystal from today's scratch card!

I'm looking forward to this thing more so than the daily roulette, lol.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of new updates. I like the new V2 system, mostly because the UI tells you when a trigger special attack is coming/you know when to block it or to use guard skills, so it's easier to jump into a new quest or raid without knowledge of what the enemy does.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The V2 battle system is neat, and it opens the door for some interesting new character abilities, but I was expecting more from it considering they pitched it as something that would help carry them into the next 5 years.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed they don't seem to be trying to kill refreshing at all. Such a terrible way to experience the game and its mandatory if you want to compete.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always hate having to decide which weapon and seasonal to get. Leaning towards Chains for the weapon (as I slowly build my Agni grid) and Christmas Naru for the seasonal. Though scales for Highlander is also tempting as it seems to have very solid longevity.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I would wait as long as possible on the SupTix, unless you are targeting a Haloween/Christmas/Valentines character. The summer characters will be in the draw pool for most of Roulette, you can win grand series characters in scratchers, there is the limited Scam Gacha on the 29th.
My plan had been to ticket Pholia, but I'm probably going to spark at the end of the month Legfest anyway, so I'm waiting.

Always hate having to decide which weapon and seasonal to get. Leaning towards Chains for the weapon (as I slowly build my Agni grid) and Christmas Naru for the seasonal. Though scales for Highlander is also tempting as it seems to have very solid longevity.
You NEVER have to fight Anubis again if you ticket the scales, you will still need to hit Prom forever if you are doing the chains hellgrind. You should do the Scale!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to get Xmas Naru over Hallowssena since I need more good Earth characters and I'm pretty good on Light characters.

You NEVER have to fight Anubis again if you ticket the scales, you will still need to hit Prom forever if you are doing the chains hellgrind. You should do the Scale!
Unless you need a Hermanubis

Oct 25, 2017
So much content, it has to be overwhelming for some people.

In any case. I already owned all the cute SR boys so decided to get another summer boy.
ESwCP81XkAAqY7N

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed they don't seem to be trying to kill refreshing at all. Such a terrible way to experience the game and its mandatory if you want to compete.

That's one of the main things I was hoping for. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding back because it would upset some portion of the playerbase.

It also doesn't help that some of the new harder solo content has very limited timers (ex: the new V2 fire dragon) that "encourages" players to refresh to save time. That said, I don't know how they could completely kill refresh for a web browser game. "Genuine" connection problems/etc do happen like Co-Op rooms/Raids where you know the enemy is already dead but you still see 10% HP and animations are still playing out, or a Co-Op quest already starting but you're still in the lobby room waiting for the Start Button to appear.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Tried the Fire Dragon with my outdated water team, probably would have cleared it in 10ish minutes if I had the wiki in front of me to understand the triggers- I was using Lily's 1 plus Murglies Ougi and Uno's skill 3 to tank the triggers instead of guarding, then suddenly the boss started doing a billion plain damage and started killing my team. Retreated at 4% health when it was clear I was dead.

Going to be intersting how the meta adjusts as everything becomes V2, and the value of chain burst drops

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest difficulty I had with the Fire Dragon V2 triggers was figuring out when Guarding or Damage Cut was strong enough alone to survive vs having to have both up. Thankfully skills like substitute still work as they are supposed to, so I was able to use Katalina's skill a few times to take the target off the Main Character and characters like Lily so they could use damage cut skills without the risk of still dying while the others Guarded (probably should have just brought some Carbuncles).

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have zero idea what weapon to choose. I'm not really working towards anything as I'm still just clearing out side stories/ doing the main quest. I have a year to use it though so I'll probably wait a while.

Last edited:

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Hmm. Christmas Narmaya or Halloween Zeta. I already have Caim who supposedly pairs well with Zeta, but I got Caim so I could do a low effort Titan highlander grid and avoid the earth M2 grind. So from what I understand the synergy between Caim and ZetaVas won't apply for me.

So I guess the real question is would Christmas Narmaya work well in a half assed Titan highlander grid, enough to where I should pick her even though I like Zeta better as a character and I want to make an earth Spooky Society team to go along with my fire Swimsuit Society team.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lumberjack seems great, especially if you can keep that shield up. Cavalier I need to see more of, though I'm kinda disappointed we still dont have an alternative to Spartan. It's so boring that you can only use one class for the big endgame raids in this game.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
So I've managed to save up 30K Crystals since starting the game a month ago and I'm guessing I should go ahead and draw 100 times when the next Gala event occurs?

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
So I've managed to save up 30K Crystals since starting the game a month ago and I'm guessing I should go ahead and draw 100 times when the next Gala event occurs?
Generally speaking, you'll want to save until you can get combined 300 pulls for either type of the galas. This is referred to as Sparking, as the 300 pulls accumulate sparks that, upon reaching 300, lets you choose something from the current banner.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

At the end of the month we get 100 guaranteed rolls from roulette which will fall on a gala. If you can find 100 more draws somewhere (make sure to clear out side stories of tickets, etc) you can get enough to spark.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so through a combination of free draws from the wheel of fortune, tickets, and the free 100 draws at the end of the month it seems I should be able to get those 300 sparks.

Thanks for the insight!

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so through a combination of free draws from the wheel of fortune, tickets, and the free 100 draws at the end of the month it seems I should be able to get those 300 sparks.

Thanks for the insight!
Please note that the spark count resets when the banner resets, so that final guaranteed 100 is likely the only source of free pulls you can get for that end of the month gala. You'll need to reach 200 from other sources.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Also don't worry too much about Sparking if you are new. Just focus on building a solid starting catalogue. Sparking is reccomended for experienced players who know who they want to target.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Also don't worry too much about Sparking if you are new. Just focus on building a solid starting catalogue. Sparking is reccomended for experienced players who know who they want to target.
I feel like being able to choose some of the diamond cores like Anila or Andira to build a team around is easily worth it even very early on. The roulette pulls offer a decent leg-up for the starter build-up. I started out that way few years back and it worked out fine.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
New Nehan raid is so great for the daily mission. Finally, don't have to try to rush to a raid only to be greeted with the boss's death animation.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like being able to choose some of the diamond cores like Anila or Andira to build a team around is easily worth it even very early on. The roulette pulls offer a decent leg-up for the starter build-up. I started out that way few years back and it worked out fine.
Andira or Anila are good enough to make it worth it though I think this month is Vajra.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Vajra is amazing and with water GW coming up it would be the best to get. Though because of that I feel like Cygames will cheap out and not let her in the banner that gets 100 free draws.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Having to divide my attention to weapon grids for all the elements really drives me insane, because i tend to just go wild with leveling and uncaping high tier characters and eating my anima's for seraphic weapons. Speaking of slow i experienced how my low spec laptop and dsl internet speeds handles the game on chrome and boy howdy it's that potato experience i didn't know i could experience in the year 2020.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Vajra is amazing and with water GW coming up it would be the best to get. Though because of that I feel like Cygames will cheap out and not let her in the banner that gets 100 free draws.

There's definitely that possibility. I just hope that because we've already gone through the rotation for Sheep/Monkey/Chicken already, we are finally getting to her. It would be nice to get a discount on my spark.

I think it was a case where the translation didn't come across- they added another 200 Inventory slots to the store that you can buy with Crystals, so you can now buy up to a 700 item capacity.

Ah no wonder, I was wondering about that. Guess I'll pony up for it, can never get enough weapon space.

Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely that possibility. I just hope that because we've already gone through the rotation for Sheep/Monkey/Chicken already, we are finally getting to her. It would be nice to get a discount on my spark.

Ah no wonder, I was wondering about that. Guess I'll pony up for it, can never get enough weapon space.
uhm no. just use the extra stash space or reduce things. Ive found the standard 350 inventory to be plenty of space.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
uhm no. just use the extra stash space or reduce things. Ive found the standard 350 inventory to be plenty of space.

I'm a dirty hoarder who maxed out my 6 x 200 and 500 inventory spaces before the stash upgrade, lol. Fairly sure I'm going to use up my new 600 space quickly too. Once I do that, I'll probably have to get the 200 upgrade. 7ish rolls isn't that painful of an investment for that.

Got a blue ball on my scratch card today, yay! Kind of makes up for my salt at drawing Summer Ygg summon on the seasonal scam.

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
When the draw wheel popped up yesterday it gave me the gachapin frenzy that lets me do 10 draws for free until I get SSR, it took 4 draws but it gave me Heles (Wind) Ilsa (earth) and marduk for summon.( and like a dozen other characters, mostly R and some SR) Pretty pleased with that, I love the way Ilsa look too. My Earth team is doing well with Cain (Grand), Ilsa and Aquours 2nd years. Weapons grid is a much slower process but still.

Now my Draw RNG will suck for a while!

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone in this group of my best characters that I should spend resources on leveling up? I still don't know what I'm doing so any help would be awesome.

QPaCV43_d.webp

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone in this group of my best characters that I should spend resources on leveling up? I still don't know what I'm doing so any help would be awesome.
The best ones are Clarisse and Zooey, but it's worth investing in Seox, Grea, Kokkoro, Peccorine and Lenah too.

You'll probably get a lot more characters this month though, so don't worry too much about it and just go testing everyone to see what you like.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017

QPaCV43_d.webp
Just don't worry about it too much. You can pick one team and focus on them, or you can just switch around and level up everyone. Character levels are not the main focus, and uncapping and leveling characters will be an afterthought for you soon enough.

That being said, I do remember a time when rupies were hard to come by and 5* character uncaps could bankrupt me.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I jsut found out I'm 1000 Flawed Prisms short on the final stretch to flb Okto