• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Wait maybe I can too let me math this out
110 sparks on current banner
190 draws to spark here

370 draws saved
370-190 = 180 left if I spark now

180 + 100 = 280 guaranteed on legfest at end of month

So I would only need 20 draws on the roulette before the guaranteed 100 draw and I can spark twice, which is pretty much guaranteed to happen unless they do a like 1 day legfest or something weird.

Nice time to get more Blutgangs

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking garbage spark, 12 SSR's across 300 pulls, exactly 4.00% barely above average. Of that 5 were gold moons and 5 were summons (Siren - MLB, Alexiel - MLB, Thor - MLB, Titan - MLB, Nyarlathothep - new at least). Went with Grand Jeanne over Helel for the spark. I could tell myself it's because I already have a ton of dark characters, but honestly it's because the dummy looks fucking stupid. That is my worst spark by far, usually I at least get close to the 6% rate. Rather miffed to be honest.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Managed to luck sack the new Summer character again this year, but no Mugen.

Hmm... going to take a gamble by waiting until Legfest for spark. Although, I hear speculation that it might not even be dog or they'll do a split banner where only Vakala will be available first with the 100 free draws and whatever zodiac that appears would be saved for the second. Please have mercy on me, KMR.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After a total of 70 draws in the flash fest, not a single summer character, but I got Belial, so I can't complain much.

Now to wait for the legfest (and the likely spark).

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I debated on it but ultimately went for the spark because I don't think Halmal will ever be on a gala banner again. I was also 130 rolls in from the free draws so it was a pretty discounted spark for me. I still have 300 rolls left over if dog drops at the end of the month, so there's that.

With my 170 I got a 7% ssr rate
2 s.rose queens
2 random summons
2 Shiva bows
1 Ribbon (UNCAP WHEN I HAVE 3 OF THESE)
1 moon

S. Yuel
S. Cog
Mugen
Buncha SR

Sparked Halmal. All in all a pretty decent spark. S Cog definitely was a nice surprise.

My free 130 did give me 1 s.rose queen already, so I'm just shy of one to FLB it. The call looks alright, wonder if its worth the sunstone.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to luck sack the new Summer character again this year, but no Mugen.

Hmm... going to take a gamble by waiting until Legfest for spark. Although, I hear speculation that it might not even be dog or they'll do a split banner where only Vakala will be available first with the 100 free draws and whatever zodiac that appears would be saved for the second. Please have mercy on me, KMR.

Yeah people on the subreddit have a lot of faith that Cygames isn't giving us 100 rolls towards dog by doing a split banner. I guess we'll see but that's so evil if true.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a split banner. Didn't we get the last guaranteed 100 roll on the day after a double rate banner ended?

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a split banner. Didn't we get the last guaranteed 100 roll on the day after a double rate banner ended?
Yes. But they said that this time it will be on legfes. They didn't say that it would be on a banner with zodiacs, though, legfes only means 6% rate up and the limited story characters.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Looking forward for the Strum and Drang event even if it just SoL (their team rocket act is pretty amusing). Having more Sugita is never a bad thing.

Guess we might even get a dual unit, which for once I'm fine with. Wonder if they'll also tease a 5* for later.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

This was a bit confusing to us at first, so here's how to use the new skill up screen.

Step 1: pick an SSR weapon you want to skill up. This is most useful if it is skill level 6 or higher.

Step 2: pick two SL1 SRs and an SL1 SSR

Step 3: the game will consolidate them for you.

A very welcomed time saver! And they changed 99% skill up rate chances to 100% (ex: using 6 skill lvl 1 SRs for an SSR lvl 4 skill up) .

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Angel Halo change is a godsend, they definitely upped the proc rate, I was averaging a spawn every 5 runs- Was able to finally finish my Hollowsky staff uncap!

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Ah shit I just realized I should have picked six instead of uno for my free eternal so I could get fist shards and make a hollowsky axe

Unless event six will trigger a transformation...

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Ah shit I just realized I should have picked six instead of uno for my free eternal so I could get fist shards and make a hollowsky axe

Unless event six will trigger a transformation...
It's not unreasonable to farm Akasha for shards that you don't have access to, though do understand it's going to be a slow process. You need 300 Hollow Keys to unlock/uncap all of the Hollowsky (plus 5* Opus stuff later requires more, but by the time you are working on 5* Opus, you will have all 10 eternals). Assuming perfect distribution, it would take 200 Akasha fights to get 20x of each weapon shard, which is about how many Akasha fights it will take to guarantee 300 keys (Hosting Akasha gives you a lot of keys, but from joining you only get 1-2 on average)

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
With the Soriz trailer out today, it reminds me of the reason I even got into this game, which was when a friend sent me a video of the Ebisu summon lol.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
ULB'd my third (technically my second since one was a gift) tiamat gun for my M2 wind grid. I can successfully full auto Alex now.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Got to tier 4 of Pandemonium, but stopped at the last stage because my water grid is not the best. I only did it so that I could unlock Sword Master and then eventually Gladiator, but I did learn how good Christmas Narmaya is. Christmas Magisa was also great because they were long fights.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My luck with these 10 pulls continues to be subpar. Ive got Fever twice so far, and "lost" it on the first 10 pull (even got Mukku today and popped it one roll). All those +'s would have been nice.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
UBHL gold bar drop rates getting a change. Host chest rates going up and gold chest rates going down.

Can't say I like the decision. They should be making gold bar acquisition easier overall as more and more stuff are requiring it. The raising of the host chest rates is good, but why lower the already abysmal gold chest rates? It just discourages people from participating in UBHL rooms.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cygames loves nerfing shit that ultra whales and botters farm, while hurting the players that need gold bars the most, mid-game players.

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
without knowing what the actual numbers look like, I'm expecting this to be a net positive to most players, outside of the weakest rank 130 players trying to get their daily hosts carried and extreme endgame farmers
as long as the flip rate isn't minuscule, there'll be people not strong enough to compete in pbhl/akasha/zooey bricks for whom there'll be no other option for farmable bricks
daily ubhl hosting was already the easiest + most time-efficient way of getting bricks, and a buff to the host rate is the definition of making bars easier to get

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My point is somewhat similar to what you said, that it's been treated like some "balancing" issue by downgrading the flip chest rate, when gold bar acquisition should have been made easier overall as they add more stuff that require it. Eternals 6* uncap is almost definitely going to use it. New players are also going to need more to catch up. In both cases you are still limited to one host a day, so it's still very timegated.

I guess we'll see again when the new rates come.

Last edited:

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
They just added the new Ultimate Bahamut Solo mode, so I can see this being an attempt to increase players doing that mode as well since it also means players have to farm halos/will get more players to play The Four Primarchs.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
This is the second time I'm rolling frenzy right at the cusp of hitting the frenzy gauge. Wonderful.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Gala isn't coming till later this month- probably on the 29th, which is when the Gala Scam Gacha happens. Feel free to roll today, it's unlikely the banner tomorrow will be better than this one with plus marks

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
at a minimum, there's at least the perception of a balancing issue when screenshots of people having farmed hundreds of bricks are getting traction on social media

realistically, if you weren't one of the people doing 100+ ubhls a day, which just about everyone who needs bricks for basic progression of 10x5* + 6x opus won't fall under, I don't see how a reduction in the flip rate is going to meaningfully affect their experience

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Double post.

But 30 single draws and 3 scratchers in time limited because of the djeeta episode.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Woo more free stuff, I guess this is for the anime special.

Didn't really get anything from cards with the token but 30 extra pulls? Don't mind if I do thank you.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
They did 30 singles for the first anime season final episode, was really dissapointed we didn't get it for Season 2, but hey, they finally came through!

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Scratchers gave me Alexiel today. Looking at the wiki, she seems...decent. The other 3 bonus coins gave me Soul Berries and books but I'm pretty satisfied with that haul.
No real luck in the roulette though. Got my first Dark Unit in a long while and it's Cerberus. That ain't it, chief.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Scratchers gave me Alexiel today. Looking at the wiki, she seems...decent. The other 3 bonus coins gave me Soul Berries and books but I'm pretty satisfied with that haul.
No real luck in the roulette though. Got my first Dark Unit in a long while and it's Cerberus. That ain't it, chief.
The summon or the character? Both are great either way.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Alexiel is gonna carry you. Her shield will save you against Leviathan's perilious tidal and her veil on skill 2 against pretty much every dirty water boss and their horrible debuffs.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The character. And yes, I've seen. Don't have much of an Earth Grid right now but definitely nice to have for the future.
Her skill 1 is a free Phlanax, her Skill 2 gives Veil and 1-hit immunity to any damage (letting you tank any non-plain damage trigger), her skill 3 nuke will do a ton of damage even with a weak grid, she dispels on Ougi, and her passive is undispellable, and will grow as you use her skill 3 and Ougi over the course of a fight. She's an incredible, if a little boring character that has only really fallen off as a top tier character because earth has a bunch of seasonal limiteds that are completely bonkers, including her Summer version