• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, isn't this the game that was announced at TGS coupe of years ago? Like a mobile dev going on consoles? Didn't know this was developed by PG.

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mad respect for Cygames, best looking JRPG with their first attempt to make a console game.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Actually looks pretty decent. Will be interesting to see how PG handles the more RPGish stuff.

Also if my girl Dorothy isn't in this, game confirmed bad.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Is this CyGames' engine? I noticed their internal tech teams were doing the presentations instead of Platinum back at CEDEC.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I actually know nothing about Granblue but I saw this game's announcement trailer at TGS a few years back and it stuck with me ever since. Really hope it gets localized.

OP
OP
Futabaisthebest<3
Oct 25, 2017

Jin

Oct 25, 2017
yeah it was shown at granbluefest, no leak here

Still looks pretty good

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That looked pretty damn good. Im not expecting Bayonetta levels of depth but that seemed fun and flashy.
Going to keep my eye out for a localization

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like it leans slightly more towards RPG than I'd prefer, but my interest in it is as a Platinum game rather than as a Granblue game. It's not a surprise given that it's an RPG series.

Pretty interesting though.

Seems silly to not just put good quality footage out on youtube.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty fun. Know nothing about Granblue but I love Platinum Games so this looks right up my alley.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I counted 1,235,997 instances of sugoi being used in the span of 8 minutes.

Anyway, it looked pretty, but the action seemed pretty button mashy to me.

Seven4sses

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Looks pretty good. Can't wait to see more. Love how the fire effect looks for some of the attacks.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
Incidentally, for those who don't know Granblue Fantasy, it's probably the best JRPG available on smartphones at the moment. It's built by Final Fantasy veterans, fully voiced, with an enormous ongoing story (which is actually really good), and music by Nobuo Uematsu.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the visuals...but for some reason I thought that was boring. Might be because I'm a bit tired right now tho

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Neat. I love the female knight design.
I believe you play as the primary characters out of Granblue, so these should be a good chunk of the options:

4tsx5.jpg

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
I know literally nothing bout Granblue Fantasy (aside from being exposed to a bunch of... fanart) but I need this now.

Sir Blaming

Oct 26, 2017
I am surprised at the tech in the demo, I guess PG had some hand it that.
I am not really stoked, but I will keep an eye out for this.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
A few months ago Cygames invested an estimated 10-12 million euros per year for three years to become the official sponsor of a major European football team. I can't imagine that they did that for any other reason than increasing their brand recognition before launching more, if not all, of their games globally.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
Had to mute it because of the japanese screamlords but the game looks good. I'm guessing you can play as anyone in the party.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I had my doubts about the graphics of this game because Platinum, but this doesn't look half bad.

ranmafan

Oct 27, 2017
I like what I'm seeing. Glad we are finally seiing gameplay of it. Day one for me for sure!