• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for everyone that answered my question! Sounds very good!

Hope the western release won't be too long after the japansese one or it will even launch at the same time. Whenever that will be.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I also like linear games, not every dungeon must be a labyrinth.

But I don't like when things gets generally called terrible.
With the good old "Imo" it would sound better.
And that is totally fine. Everyone can have their preferences. I'm fucking hyped for this game personally. I just do not understand in the slightest why you feel the need to respond to someone that is worried about linearity with what you did. My issue is very much this fanboy knee jerk reaction response. It doesn't create good discussion and has no substance, it reads like trash. If it's the language (the terrible) you take issue with then fucking engage with the argument dude. Instead of just writing something completly unrelated that reads like someone is super unsecure about a fucking game that isn't even out yet.

As for "Imo" imo it's implied that every post is a imo of the respective poster. Imo it would read really awkward and dumb if we mandate that all posts include imo just so people that can't make the obvious conclusion feel better obviously just imo.
-------------
My biggest worry is the combat is going to be as basic as ni no kuni 2 but given the various area attack indicators and dodging going on and how kinetic it looks + it's platinum this could basically be a merging of a refined version of the nnk2 arpg combat with mmo encounter mechanics that actually matter. At the very least it looks to me there is more rhythm to it but it's hard to say stuff like that you have to play for yourself.

Renmyra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the controlled character an existing character in the franchise? Dude looks generic af.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Is the controlled character an existing character in the franchise? Dude looks generic af.
grandjeeta.jpg

In GBF, you can play as either Gran (left) or Djeeta (right). Their normal appearances are pretty basic, but they spend 99.9% of their time doing class changes or wearing costumes that change up their appearances.

Renmyra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Their normal appearances are pretty basic, but they spend 99.9% of their time doing class changes or wearing costumes that change up their appearances.
That's nice.

The game looks very good visually, but I wonder if the combat will be FUN. It looks a lot like the combat in NNK2, which was very visually impressive as well. It's a bit disappointing that your attacks don't seem to stagger the enemy at all, which basically eliminates any sort of combos.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
looks fucking amazing once again. bummed about no date. i hope it makes it out next year, but if it doesnt thats fine. they can take all the time they need

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any hope that in tomorrow's festival day there will be more gameplay and info about the game? I'm especially craving more info.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's only his basic outfit. In Granblue itself there are currently 54 jobs, with more being added all the time. Some of the designs are really awesome too so while there's no way we'd ever get them all, I wouldn't mind being able to unlock some alternative jobs for Gran and Djeeta.

https://gbf.wiki/Classes

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
I also like linear games, not every dungeon must be a labyrinth.

But I don't like when things gets generally called terrible.
With the good old "Imo" it would sound better.

I hope it goes in a semi open world direction like DQ XI.

Linear is not bad. Especially if by any chance you have to backtrack a certain dungeon or grind for something.

It's just like "generic". Since when "generic" and "linear" can be regarded as being "bad/terrible"?

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cygames don't shaft PC usually, all their biggest stuff is on it and the ZoE2 remake they funded for Konami is on PC too.

Cygames doesn't need Sony to publish their shit. They have infinite money.
Well i thought this wasn't being localized for now so Sony should show some interest.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
This looks fantastic. Looks like a cross between a Tales game and Xenoblade. I'm all in if it hits the West.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
They still need a global publisher, it's not about money.

Something is brewing on that front for sure as they now how 3 games in development and two of them have very high budget for a Japanese game, they even added English lanugage options to the official site. Also they were all over EVO this year and are even sponsoring a huge football club in Europe. I think they will expand soon and open a branch in the West.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
the director said both GBF game are at 60% completion so maybe versus will come out first

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
This is like the next generation of action JRPGs. Looks extremely well-made. Like a more polished version of YS.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
CyGames is going all in and they already announced an english localization, don't be surprised if they opened a publishing branch. at worse, they'll partner with a distributor like Nordic or some shit
This game in particular has a lot of potential, it can easily do Persona and Nier numbers if marketed right (and maybe even beyond that, the franchise seems big in Japan), if they are smart they would look at Nioh and Sony and give it to them, hell maybe there already is a deal seeing everything is only announced for PS4 so far.

Mar 4, 2018
The actual counter argument that engages with this fair assessment is that the 14 minutes we see here is very likely from the very beginning of the game and will serve as an introductionary section. In the shorter trailer we see open fields so likely the game might have at least DQ11 ish segments or full on open worldish fields. We don't know yet. It's very unlikely that the whole game will be like the 14 minutes we see here but between this and the older demo where they fight against the lizards they did showcase only very controlled on rails FF13 ish segments so far.

At beginning of the clip , those footage is from chapter 3 which basically pass the point of introduction so that argument cant be use either .The game may play like this till the end

T65tzNk.png

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game in particular has a lot of potential, it can easily do Persona and Nier numbers if marketed right (and maybe even beyond that, the franchise seems big in Japan), if they are smart they would look at Nioh and Sony and give it to them, hell maybe there already is a deal seeing everything is only announced for PS4 so far.
Nioh had the benefit of being more akin to Dark Souls which I think Sony would find more desirable than a jrpg. I just don't see Sony, of all companies, publishing/distributing this. it's already confirmed for english so Cy has intentions for the west, so Sony won't have to touch it. the "ps4 only" deal just might have more to do with Cy going after the #1 system right now. given how far off ReLink is, any other system will be though about later, if they get to it

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
At beginning of the clip , those footage is from chapter 3 which basically pass the point of introduction so that argument cant be use either .The game will likely to be like this till the end

T65tzNk.png
The thing that is weird then though everyone that is into the gacha game is saying you're playing your own character? So I think that is where that argument came from has to be from earlier on given the sequence showcased still is with Gran. Either way I'm not going to make the argument what the game is or isn't I don't feel we know enough yet to confidently say this is basically going to be like ff13. But as I said the concern is fair.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Nioh had the benefit of being more akin to Dark Souls which I think Sony would find more desirable than a jrpg. I just don't see Sony, of all companies, publishing/distributing this. it's already confirmed for english so Cy has intentions for the west, so Sony won't have to touch it. the "ps4 only" deal just might have more to do with Cy going after the #1 system right now. given how far off ReLink is, any other system will be though about later, if they get to it
I don't see why they wouldn't, there is certainly a big market for JRPGs in the west, is it coming from them not making one?
During famitsu interview, the director says they are considering PC (Steam) release
Is that for Japan or the west?

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
The visuals are okay, but I'm waiting for more character reveals. I hope it doesn't stick with just the main story cast largely as playable characters!

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was under the impression this was a more MP focused game, so it's a full single player JRPG but with MP functionality?

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I did rough translation of famitsu interview stuff on twitter so I will post it here as well:

Some Granblue Fantasy ReLink info from famitsu interview:
-people who have no knowledge on gbf can play the game without any problem.
-all the story related Primals will be new. There will also be bunch of new characters
-the general you progress the stage and beat the boss, expand world. You will progress through story and there will be areas like big fields and snow areas, etc. There will also be side quests and exploration elements
-as for the number of characters, they cannot confirm at this moment. But for example, if you consider each weapon of Bayonetta as individual characters, there will be lots of characters for an action game
-characters are unlocked as you achieve certain requirements. on Multiplayer, you can use characters you unlocked. Duplicate characters in multiplayer is possible. Also as multiplay only stuff, we are considering hard mode of the quests you beat in story mode.

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
That's nice.

The game looks very good visually, but I wonder if the combat will be FUN. It looks a lot like the combat in NNK2, which was very visually impressive as well. It's a bit disappointing that your attacks don't seem to stagger the enemy at all, which basically eliminates any sort of combos.
This is made by Platinium and their gameplay are always good, ex :

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I hope it's going to be easy to ignore all the rpg trash (which is useless anyway in most cases) and focus on the action aspects of the game, it really looks awesome.