• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, watching people not realize how ANIME Granblue is is quite a read.

I really wonder how much of the weird fucking shit this game will go into. Granblue goes from high fantasy to sentai robots to idols and motorcycle gangs. It literally has all the anime lol

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This. It's Final Fantasy but otaku-pandering to an obnoxious degree and very little narrative stakes or tension.

At least Dragalia Lost is a bit more modest in this sense.

I'll agree with the writing, but mostly in the characters and their Fate Episodes. The narrative tension is flaccid as it gets. Never felt like anyone was in danger except for the chapter involving Vira.

Gameplay first takes too long to get challenging and just doesn't get deep enough by then. What kept me playing more was the progression systems and the well-paced grinding/farming.

Oh boy, and the otaku pandering thing began yet again. lol

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Yep the start of granblue is shit, it's not until chapter 40 that it starts kicking into gear.

Anime ends at 9-4 which sucked.
I thought it was passable, I expected worse for a game adaptation, and not knowing anything about Granblue other than the name, I didn't expect much in terms of universe, but I kinda liked the designs and stuff. Definitely could use another season though, since it basically ends before the story really starts.

I do like what I see about the game though, looks fun enough. I'd probably buy it when/if it comes to PC.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing, I've been longing for a quality action RPG for years, I need this like right now.

Wonder if a Switch port is possible. Nintendo owns 5% of CyGames after all.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Am i hearing a hint of some final fantasy battle music inspiration in there??? On that green boss? Sounds similar to FFX.

Oct 25, 2017
So you think ALL anime are otaku-pandering?
How much anime (and which) have you watched to make that judgement?
Too much to count.

It's rare for me not to notice random pandering even in stuff not geared for it. I will say I haven't found a gotcha yet that doesn't have pandering in it which is where Granblue came from. I tend to find it tame to the other stuff, but it's still there.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Oh man, watching people not realize how ANIME Granblue is is quite a read.

Yeah, I love what I've seen of both the ArcSys game and Relink over the last few days, but having no other experience with the Granblue franchise whatsoever, I do worry about the level of anime flavoring I'm going to encounter if I try these games out in the future.

They really do look great, though. Granblue seems to feature a pretty amazing art style and both Relink and Versus look pretty damn fun to play.

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
Interview from Famistu has been 100% Translated :

Here some highlights :

STORY

- Famitsu: The story takes place in a skydom barely mentioned in the main story: Zegagrande (translation tentative). What made you use that as the setting?
- FKHR: Just like Granblue Fantasy Versus, we wanted to make it so that people with no knowledge of the back story could get into the game. As long as you know the basic premise of "Granblue Fantasy is an adventure that takes place in the sky", then you're fine. It's considered a continuation of the current story, but it takes place a bit in the future from where we are now as of December 2018. You can see Lyria protect herself with a barrier in the gameplay videos; you'll see that some day in the main story.

- Famitsu: So people who've played the original will be surprised?
- FKHR: I think they will. "We haven't been to this skydom yet!" they'll say (laughs).

Granblue-Fantasy-Project-Re-Link-six-images-3.jpg

(old footage)

Exploration

- Famitsu: Would it be fair to sum up Relink as a game where you move through set stages and work your way toward a boss?
- FKHR: Hmm. In the main story, the plot will advance with your progress through certain areas. We kept the demo area small to keep it from being too complicated, but the full game will have sweeping fields, snowy mountain ranges, and other locations like that. Subquests will also add an element of exploration to the game.

Multiplayer

- Famitsu: You announced multiplayer - what kind of characters will you be able to use in multiplayer mode?
- FKHR: We plan on making characters unlockable through story progress. In multiplayer, you'll be able to use any of those unlocked characters, but since players will naturally have very different progress levels when they play multiplayer, we decided to let our players use the same character as each other. You'll be able to play with 4 Katalinas if you want to. We thought long and hard about not allowing duplicate characters, but we chose gameplay over immersion.

- Famitsu: That's good. Will multiplayer be its own separate mode?
- FKHR: Our target for multiplayer will be a mode for people who have finished the story and are looking for more challenging quests, so they'll team up and take on harder and harder fights. Of course, we'll still allow players who haven't cleared the game to play multiplayer, with less difficult quests available.

DZREB90VAAAv2Mi.jpg

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, If I knew for a fact this would come to us in the West in 2019 it'd be my most anticipated game instantly. *sigh*

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
IgMyx.gif

Seriously...I thought for a second there was new footage of the game. *sighs*

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Whoa, THIS is the game P* was working on? When I heard "Grandblue", I thought it was a mobile game. Jesus, this looks like Kingdom Hearts meets a 'Tales of' game.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not expecting this game until Spring 2020 which is fine by me as 2019 has been stacked already and the fall will be as always. Granblue Fantasy will make 2020 even better.