• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
detail_chara_32.png

Give me Vira and I'll be set.

And give me some Katalina x Vira banter before their fight. Thankyouverymuch

This game looks insanely pretty, wish I stuck with the gacha.

Parfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Box Queen Mained. Same as Re:link though, Charlotta better not be the only Harvin playable.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The art style will sell itself and its Arc Systems. It's basically a love letter to Final Fantasy, which is not surprising considering Minaba Hideo is doing the art.

On another note give me Zooey, and I'll be set.
I know what you mean considering I love JPRGs and I'm definitely picking both of these games up despite not having played Granblue (always wanted to but isn't available in the west on ios) but there's not going to be people like that lining up in droves. The IP is near nonexistent in the west, and Japan doesn't buy a lot of console games to begin with, so even then there seems to be a limit on how much reach this truly will have.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Granblue.
But I play Arcsys games, so this has my interest i guess.

Also important to note:

Hopefully they show more of the roster soon, and hopefully they go back on making guilty gear soon enough.

About this.
I've seen some concern for one button specials, but we should keep in mind that Blazblue has had exactly that for years with its Drive system.

Though it will likely be a lot more simple than BB still.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
https://s.famitsu.com/news/201812/15169322.html
It won't be a combo game (fighting games where combos last long)
All specials can be done with 1 button
Game speed to be suppressed, combos to be simple
Aiming for something like street fighter 2
Gran's rage raises attack power, Katalina's light wall gives super armor
Triple attack, hp recovery, elemental attack up also exists
No job system
Development at about 60%

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
No job system
Development at about 60%

Interesting, explained why there are no air combo in the trailer. So it means to be a footsie game.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No job system
Development at about 60%

What does this even mean? Is this actually going to feel like a Street Fighter game or do they just mean ArcSys is holding back on their multiple bars and assorted weirdo systems?

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. I don't know a ton about Granblue Fantasy, but I really dig this aesthetic. That being said, the first character I gravitate towards is Katalina, but she is haunted by the dreaded boob-bump armor. Designers have to stop giving their character's armor boobs. It is so silly...

convo

Oct 25, 2017
What does this even mean? Is this actually going to feel like a Street Fighter game or do they just mean ArcSys is holding back on their multiple bars and assorted weirdo systems?
Maybe they're going for more grounded combat compared to the average ArcSys game.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this looks awesome! Can we get one like this for fate grand order too?

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I don't play fighting games really...I said I would get Dragonball Z FIgherZ if Broly was announced...and I lied.

That said

Give me Cagliostro-sama, you mice of men!

npc_zoom_3040009000_0radky.png

P.S. Charlotta is looking adorable as always~

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Motherfucker! We're never gonna get a Persona 5 Arena at this rate, are we?
That said, this looks pretty nice. Also good too see ArcSys continuing to get these huge IPs to work on. They definitely deserve it.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Checked the names of the characters appearing in the trailer.
Hm, that Ferry character with her ghost like monster looks neat.

detail_chara_32.png

Give me Vira and I'll be set.

And give me some Katalina x Vira banter before their fight. Thankyouverymuch

This game looks insanely pretty, wish I stuck with the gacha.
Looks like a yandere.
*googles*
"This self-centered knight journeyed to Knights' Island. There her devotion to one woman turned into a dark obsession. "

OK. :D

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I just thought of a great hustle, all of these Cygames on Sony console. Sony owns FGO.

GBF x FGO

Make all the money

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Holy crap, this looks so cool!! I really hope it comes stateside. This and Re:Link could be Grandblue's big debut on the West.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Um wow. I suck at Arc fighters but if they make this more in line closely to Street Fighter (doubt it, wishful thinking!) then I'm in!

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, I just saw that Djeeta is included in the "Main Character" page of ReLink, but not in Versus... Sure hope we could play as her too.

i wouldn't be surprised if she ends up as DLC. She's popular so people would buy her, and it'd also give them an excuse to not bother including a Djeeta mode for the story, just Gran, which will save them some work.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I know nothing about the franchise apart from it's a mobile game that makes bank. This and the Platinum game look great though and I'm very interested in playing both of them. I really like some of the designs shown in both games.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

I assume the latter, i.e it's one on one with a limited amount of moves/systems. That was the impression i got from the footage already anyway.

Basically something like Dragonball Fighterz if you took out the assists and superdash.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
ArcSys pretty much outsource everything except critical staff, Xrd had about 20 ASW developers, when about 100 devs worked on the game overall through outsourcing.

never knew that. thats impressive af considering how tight and cohesive the art style and animations were through all the iterations.

ot. granblue looks cool i'll prolly pick it up. would love some great single player modes, hopefully they have something new up their sleeves for that.

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played Granblue but this looks like an easy pickup for me just for the setting and visuals. Also I imagine hype will grow after actually playing Relink, even though this may come out before that, then vice versa I guess lol.
Looks like no P5 Arena anytime soon...

Yup, though I am frothing at the mouth imagining Persona 5 Arena on PS5 so....take your time ASW....no rush....

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I think that "not a combo game, more like SFII" means that it will be more like Battle Fantasia than other ASW games like GG or BB.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
No job system
Development at about 60%
Well that's a lot less interesting now.
Oh, thought "hopefully they go back on making guilty gear soon enough" implied there aren't already working on it right now!
Yeah sorry, I probably could have worded it better, but seems like they're putting most of the GG team on other projects.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks great and I kind of like the slower take on the fights. I don't know much about the Granblue series but all I know is that I'll be using that Chibi Princess a lot.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
i wouldn't be surprised if she ends up as DLC. She's popular so people would buy her, and it'd also give them an excuse to not bother including a Djeeta mode for the story, just Gran, which will save them some work.
That... Would be annoying. I can definitely see them going that route, though, but it would be especially disappointing since Relink has her.
Looks like no P5 Arena anytime soon...
Rumor has it that Arena was put on hold (or delayed) for this.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
It's really cool to see Cygames pushing into the console market so much. While I would've preferred to see a new Persona fighting game I'm still pretty excited for this, especially with it being out so soon.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
That... Would be annoying. I can definitely see them going that route, though, but it would be especially disappointing since Relink has her.

Rumor has it that Arena was put on hold (or delayed) for this.

Tbh, the character model is harder to make than usual 3D model. Even if Djeeta shares the same move as Gran, there will be a lot to be tuned to make it work.

I really like how UNIST works so it's a big plus for me.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for simple fighting game, this will be my first one in 5 years after Fighting Climax that I liked enough to platinum.
Hopefully the wait isn't too long!

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Battle Fantasia 2! ;-) You know, I'd love to see a guest from that game make it in. Or just some tribute movesets. I legit enjoyed playing Watson, DeathBringer will always be a favorite, Coyori was pretty fun, and Ashley's way of constantly saying "Liviiii!" still rings in my head every once in a while.

*TEXAS*

ANYWAY, I'm fine with ASW branching out in series. I loved it in the 90s, when fighters could introduce me to series and worlds I hadn't gotten deeply into. That definitely doesn't happen much any more, so it's refreshing to have here.

If the combat in this ends up kinda similar to Studio Saizensen stuff (Blade Arcus, Blade Strangers), then... that'll be fairly interesting. I'm always impressed with how much deeper those games can look, once people focus on them. You hear about the simple specials and controls to start, and you think it'll look incredibly stagnant and simple, but after a while the strategy and depth starts to spawn, and they almost look like entirely different games afterwards. This happens with all fighters, surely, but I think it's just a bit more pronounced here. I think it's because I'm always impressed with how much timing and crazy alt uses of abilities blossom from their gameplay designs. You can tell the developers have history in classic fighting games, basically.

I like the rather strong looking line style, and focus on making awesome armor, in this particular rendering style. It gets rid of a lot of the flat colors that Guilty Gear relies on, and seeing a little bit of low-frame animation on higher detail designs is actually pretty common. It's nice to see some Swords & Sorcery get a focus in a newer fighter. Battle Fantasia and Dark Awake -The King Has No Name- were a long time ago, ha.